Strength in Numbers

Julie Great job on SM3 and doggie walk! Yep, it's the PUB core work that always kills me. I can never get through all of those planks, especially after doing upper body. I like Cheryls suggestion to do core first, but since I burned it from a VHS to dvd I can't easily get to the end and back again.

This morning was ICE Chiseled Lower Body blast. It was my first time doing it and I really liked it. I went a little heavier on most of the weights and I felt like I got a good workout Next time I will probably add the blizzard blast, but this was good for me today! Have a great day!
Pam

Janie Clam digging sounds like fun. I hope your back is doing better.

Julie Great job on LYCDAFAM workout. I kept you guessing on what was next.

Pam Good work on PLB I hadn't done that one is a while either. And you are right PUB is tomorrows workout.

Julie Nice going for a walk with DH and Ozzie. Good job on Stretch Max 3.

Pam Good job on ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast.

So yesterday morning I did PLB one that I haven't done in a long time. I can't use a barbell with that one I have to use hand weights. I can't change my BB as fast as they can so I have to always pause the workout so I just use dumbbells. Then in the evening I went dragon boating. It was a fun night and then afterwards we went to the brewery across the street for a beer. They are going to be the sponsor for our team. The name of the brewery is Yellow Dog so the name of our dragon boat team is going to be the Dog Paddlers. I got home late so that is why I didn't post yesterday. Then this morning I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast and this evening I went dragon boating again :D. I was asked if I wanted to join another dragon boat team this Saturday at a regatta as our team is not anywhere near being able to enter into a regatta yet. They can't get enough of their team members out for it for various reasons so I will be paddling with them this Saturday. Our first race is at 8am :eek: and we need to be at the venue by 6:45am :eek::eek:. I am looking forward to it but I am nervous since I haven't done a regatta before.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Last night I did a couple workouts from the Lift Weights Faster program I bought last Fall. It is similar in concept to the Strength Training for Fat Loss book I bought. It was fun and I got to do some exercises that were different like barbell snatches into overhead squats. I am not that good at them and can’t go heavy but I am working on it.

Pam Great job on ICE CLBB! I liked most of the ICE workouts. I think the kickbox one was the only one I was iffy on. Of course lately I have been obsessed with Cathe Live and some of the other programs I bought recently.

Cheryl Great job on PLB! That is a great idea to use DBs instead of a BB to make changing the weights out faster. They do go at super speed with that. What a fun name for your team! Will you get yellow uniforms to match the name of the brewery? Great job on ICE CLB and more dragon boating. Oh that is exciting that you got asked to join another team. This will give you practice for when your team begins competing and help them out too. I am excited to hear how it goes.

Have a great day!

Julie So fun to do different exercises. Good job in doing the barbell snatches into overhead squats. I hope our team shirts will be yellow but we will see. I am excited and nervous about paddling on a different team. I hope I can keep up with them.

Today was PUB. I did the abs first but I still struggled with the pikes. Then we went to DH parents place to say goodbye to his aunt. She leaves to go back home on Saturday.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Lots of clamming the last few days, and so very busy. I really thought I checked in yesterday, but I haven't since Monday. Ugh...!

Cheryl, Great job on PUB.

Julie, Great job ofr doing Lift Weight Faster program. You will get there with your attitude, very quickly. You are so positive, and that's important.

Take care,

Janie

Last night was Live Fit N Firm. It was more metabolic than a weight workout which was exactly what I needed after my Lift Weights Faster workout on Wednesday. My inner thighs are super sore. Not sure if that was the overhead squats that did it or what.

Cheryl Great job on PUB! Those pikes are hard. I think just trying them does something though. Have a great race, I’m sure you will do awesome and have fun at the same time!

Janie Great job on clamming! I bet that is tough work but somebody has to do it, right! Thanks for the vote of confidence. My DH was able to ship the ashes to you. You should get them today or Saturday.

Have a great weekend!

Julie, Great job on Live Fit N Firm.

I did get the ashes today. Here is a photo of your pendant. Will send it out on Monday.

I'm so sorry for your loss Julie. I hope this will help in your grieving.

Take care my dear friend.

Janie

Janie I hope you enjoyed your clamming. The days just fly by when you are busy.

Julie Good work on Live Fit N Firm. I hope your thighs feel better soon.

This morning was Imax 2 and Pam's favorite Jennie Hops :D. After that I got some housework done and got things together for the race tomorrow. I will see if I can get any good pictures and post them for you.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

I did MM today. Felt good to work my muscles.

Cheryl, Great job on Imax2 and yes, Pam's favorite Jennie Hops. LOL! Also on your housework and preparing for race tomorrow. Would love to see photos!

Take care and have a fantastic weekend Cheryl,

Janie

Janie Way to go on MM today.

What a fun day it was today. The team I paddled with were great and a lot of fun to be with. Our first races were at 8am and 9am which were time trials just to see where we would place for the knock out rounds. Our first knockout round was with 6 boats with one being knocked out and then the 5 boats having to go back to the start to do it again. We made it in the second round with 2 other boats being knocked out. So our last race was with 2 other boats and we won!!! That was tough work each race was 200 meters which took about 1 minute to do but it was an intense one minute. So our team won the women's recreational category. To get experience we also went into the mixed category even though we didn't have any men in our boat and we did quite well. We came in 3rd in that race missing second by just 1/10th of a second. I really didn't take any pictures but another person did so I am waiting for them to send some to me. I will post them when I get them.

Cheryl

Today is a rest day for me. Will do all kinds of things around the house, bake bread and if I have time will make buttons out of clay for a friend.

Cheryl, Good going on the races! Congratulations on the win! Fun for sure, I can see you in my minds eye. Love that you all practiced (no men) in the mixed catagory and too 3rd. Proud of you guys! Can't wait for photos.

Take care winner,

Janie

Saturday I did the same workout from the Strength Training for Fat Loss book. I really like that workout and will probably make it my go to Saturday workout. After that DH and I cleaned out our closets to donate a bunch of clothes we don’t wear anymore to Goodwill. Then we had to go and buy a new water heater as our is old and almost done. Sunday was Live Low Impact Cardio & Weights with Step. It was a lot like Athletic Training in the set up but went by faster and seemed a tad easier (still not easy, peasy though). Then it was laundry and laziness the rest of the day.

Janie I know we have connected on FB but again I am so looking forward to getting the pendant. The picture looks beautiful and I am sure it is even lovelier in person. Great job on MM! Always a good one.

Cheryl Great job on Imax 2! Your race day sounded awesome. So excited that you won the women’s round and came in 3rd (almost 2nd) in the mixed category. That is so cool and exciting for you. I bet it is an intense minute. Not only hard work but just the adrenaline from being in the race itself. Great job on all you did!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on PLB and dragon boating. That is awesome that the brewery is going to sponsor your team. I love the team name too!! Great job on ICe CLB and dragon boating again. How fun to be on a team in a regatta, wow! Very exciting!

Julie Great job on LWF.

Cheryl Great job on PUB and doing the abs first.

Janie Sounds like you are enjoying clamming, what fun!

Julie Great job on FnF!

Janie wow, the pendant that you made for Julie is amazing. I know it will be a treasured keepsake for them!

Cheryl Great job on IMAX 2 and all 128 Jeannie hops. I was there with you, just a day late for me!

Janie Great job on MM! Such a good one!

Cheryl Wow, you did awesome in the regatta, how fun!! Does the team want you to stick with them from now on? I would love to see some pictures!

Julie Great job on your STFL workout on Satruday and getting closets cleaned out. I just over when that is done Great job on Live LiCS on Sunday too.

Sorry I was missing for a few days. Thursday morning I did PUB and pretty much modified the whole like section. Then we worked half a day and then drove up to Virginia for Ashley's graduation from Virgina Tech. There was a big event in the morning with everyone who was graduating, and then her college was at 12:30. After that we went out for lunch with the kids and then came home. Saturday I did IMAX 2 with the he 128 Jeannie hops and Sunday was Flex Train. I hadn't done that one in a long time so that was fun. This morning was AOLIH. I'm still trying to get caught back up on my cardio from my 2 weeks off. I can't believe it is taking so long! Have a great day!

Pam

Janie Enjoy your rest day.

Julie Nice job on your Strength Training for Fat Loss. It feels so good to get rid of stuff you don't want anymore and to donate to a good cause. Good work on Low Impact Cardio & Weights with Step and your laundry and laziness. Yep that minute was very intense but the adrenaline sure did help.

Pam The team said that I could spare for them anytime in another regatta. That felt good but I will stick to my team and see if we can get us race ready by August for another regatta. Good job on PUB. Congratulations to Ashley for graduating I saw the pictures that you posted on FB. She looked very happy. Good job on Imax 2, Flex Train and AOLIH.

So yesterday was yoga relax and this morning was AOLIH but I added on core #1 since there is no core scheduled until Friday. Below are a few pictures from the venue on Saturday. I am hoping that they will send me some pictures of the actual race that someone took.

Cheryl

Attachments

• IMG_0520[2].jpg
    IMG_0520[2].jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0521[2].jpg
    IMG_0521[2].jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0535[11].jpg
    IMG_0535[11].jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 5
Last night I did Live PHAT 2! It was awesome. Probably my favorite workout to date. I so wish she would do a PHAT series. I already want to do this one again. I’m thinking about trying to come up with a few on my own with the workout blender. We’ll see though.

Pam Great job with PUB, Imax 2 (w/128 Jeannie hops), Flex Train, and AOLIH! I bet she is excited to be graduated. Does she have a job lined up or is she going back for her Master’s? Was she the one that like animals and wanted to something in that field? I’m sure you will get your cardio back soon. I think I read somewhere that cardio takes longer to get back than strength.

Cheryl Great job on Yoga Relax and AOLIH + adding on core 1! Those are beautiful pictures. I have to say you live in a very lovely place.

Have a great day!

Cheryl That must have been very flattering that the team invited you to join them, but nice that you are sticking to your team. Great job on YR and AOLIH+Core 1. I noticed that about core too, so I added some today. The venue for your race is beautiful! I looked at that water and thought it needs a slalom course! Nice flat water skiing water!

Julie Great job on PHAT 2. I didn't know what PHAT was so I had to look it up. It sounds interesting! No job for Ashley, she is going back for her Masters in the fall. She has already started working on her project and will stay in Blacksberg over the summer working on it. She wanted to go to vet school, but she didn't even apply because she knew her grades weren't good enough. I think she is only going to grad school because she doesn't know what else to do o_O.

This morning was Xtrain 1 Chest, back, and shoulders, and I added core 1. I hadn't done it in a long time and I really like the format of doing rounds with one of each body part. Have a great day!

Pam

Today was Chiseled Upper Body and Icy Core 1 and a long walk on the beach. I caught my first crab today. Tomorrow I will clean him. He's in a comfortable bucket with ocean water for now.

Cheryl, Great job on yoga relax and this morning for doing AOLIH and the added core 1. Love the photos of the venue. Very nice. Thank you for sharing.

Pam, Great job on Xtarain 1 chest, back, and shoulders and the added core 1. Yeah, I love rounds of working ea. body part as well.

Julie, Great job on Live PHAT 2. It's always nice when you like a workout. I sent a package your way today.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night DH and I took Ozzie for a walk and then I did a premix from Yoga Relax. It was cold outside but YR felt so good. So then I started making supper which was a salad with avocado. As I was trying to remove the pit from the avocado, the knife slipped and I ended up stabbing my hand. It went pretty deep but I was able to bandage it up somewhat and get the bleeding to stop. I’m hoping it is healed well enough that I can somewhat do weights tonight.

Pam Great job on XT CBS + core 1! That might turn out to be a good thing that she gets her Masters. So many places nowadays will not really even consider you if you don’t have one.

Janie Great job on ICE CUB + core 1 and your long beach walk! Wow! So is this crab for eating or as a pet? I’ll keep you updated on when I get the package. So looking forward to it.

Have a great day!

Today is a rest day and caught two crabs today. Our dinner was a feast! I did share one with my neighbor. She's worth it. LOL

Julie, Great job on the Ozzie walk and a prem. from Yoga Relax. OH NO! Your poor hand! If it was me I'd be in emergency. Ugh... Take care Sweetie, hope it heals up fast.

Take care,

Janie

Julie Good job on Live PHAT 2. I do love living here there is so much to do without having to go far.

Pam It probably would be good for water skiing and you could go a long way but there is a lot of boat traffic around there. Good job on Xtrain Chest, Back and Shoulders and core 1. I like that format too.

Janie Way to go on Chiseled Upper Body and Icy Core 1 and your long walk on the beach. Congratulations on catching your first crab.

Julie Good job on your walk with DH and Ozzie and yoga relax. I hope your hand is better. It is so easy to have that knife slip.

Janie Enjoy your rest day and your dinner.

So yesterday was Xtrain Chest, Back and Shoulders. Then we went and picked up some hanging baskets that I had pre ordered and then we went to cut my parents lawn. Last night was dragon boating and then we went to the brewery for a beer so I didn't get a change to post last night. Today was Lower Body Blast, one that I haven't done in a long time and tonight I went dragon boating again.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.