Strength in Numbers

Julie Good job on Lean Lower Body. Those warrior lunges always burn.

Pam I am so sorry that Butters isn't doing better. My positive thoughts are with you this weekend. I hope he pulls through.

Today was disc 15 back and biceps. My forearms are really feeling it right now though. I think I loaded on too much weight for the barbell curls. I think I thought I was stronger than what I really was :rolleyes:.

Cheryl

Been with my daughter since Tues. She needed mama for a few days. So, no exercises. Will start March rotation on Mon.

Julie, OOO! Lean Lower Body (live) sounds fantastic. Even Al, wow.

Pam, I'm so sorry to hear this about Butters. Please keep us posted. Positive thoughts your way.

Cheryl, Great job on disc 15 back and biceps. And congrats on DOM's in your forearms. But do you think you might have injured instead of benefited? Take care of you.

Take care everyone,

Janie

PS: I want to let you all know how much you mean to me. A great deal! I love the caring and the insight on exercises. Thank you so much for giving like you do. I so appreciate all of you.

This weekend flew by. Saturday I did Live Total Body Weights. It was really good. The only part I didn’t like was the core work at the end but I kind of expected not liking it. After that we took Maggie to the vet to get a few bumps checked out. She has three mass cell tumors on her left side, one would require a toe amputation. They were worried with there being three that popped up relatively quickly all on the same side that it may be systemic so they are doing some scans and x-rays today to see if it is internal. After that DH and I did some chores around the house. Sunday was Live Hard Strikes Low Impact. It was ok but probably not a favorite. It really worked my shoulders and back with all the punches.

Pam I’m so sorry about Butters. Losing our beloved pets is the hardest part about having them in our lives. It is so unfair that they live such shorter lives than we do so we have to see them leave us. I hope you can find peace with his passing.

Cheryl Great job on disc 15! I have really weak forearms so I often times feel them burning during a workout but hardly ever get DOMS.

Janie Good for you for spending time with your daughter. I bet she appreciated the time she got with you.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on disc 15 back and biceps. I hope your biceps were doing ok the next day. I always struggle with the biceps curls.

Janie You have your priorities straight spending much needed time with your daughter, I hope things are ok with her. Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. You are too sweet! Our little group means a lot to me too!

Julie Great job on Live Total Body weights and the core work despite not liking it! Oh no, I hope things are ok with Maggie, these little guys sure can tear you up, can't they! Great job on Hard Strikes Low Impact too. Yep, the hardest part about having a pet is losing them. It always makes me question if I want to put myself through it again, but I can't imagine not having them at all.

Friday night was a long, tough night. We found some information about something called vestibular disease that sounded a lot like what we were seeing with Butters confusion and staggering when he walked. It said that treating them for motion sickness can help, so we got really hopeful about that. I called the vet and they said we could bring him in for an injection, but as we were putting him in the crate he had a seizure. After the seizure he was resting pretty peacefully for the first time all day. I called the vet back and we all decided it didn't make sense to bring him in because it was highly unlikely that it was vestibular disease. We spent the rest of the night just taking turns holding him. He had a few more seizures during the night, and then Saturday morning he started showing signs of being in a great deal of pain. At that point he could no longer use his back legs at all and could barely move his front ones, so we took him in and had him euthanized. I thought I was getting better, but I can't write this without crying :(. Of course I can't stop wondering if I waited too long to take him to the vet, but I know I can't be doing that. So needless to say, there was no workout for me Saturday morning. On Sunday morning I got back into it and finished my second month of STS with disc 36 back, shoulders, and biceps. I am sooooo weak on biceps, they always kill me! This morning was CCC and now my active recovery week starts. I'm hoping for a much better week this week!! Have a great day!

Pam

Today was Tabatacise. Whew! Refreshing, LOL! Monique is doing very well. Bless her heart.

Pam, Oh sweet Pam, I'm so sorry for your loss. You certainly did the right thing, he was just not getting any better. You gave him plenty of time to get better, but it just wasn't going to happen. Hugging you and Butters through cyberspace my dear friend. You didn't wait too long, you gave him a chance. You did what was right for all of you. xoxo Great job on finishing the 2nd month of STS w/ disc 36 back, shoulders, and biceps. And for doing CCC this morning. Enjoy your active recovery week. xoxo

Julie, Great job on Sat. Live Total Body Weights. I bet it was so cool! Oh NO! Hope Maggie prognosis goes well. Keep us posted, DARN! Also for chores and Sun. Love Hard Strikes Low Impact.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Janie Nice that you were able to spend time with your daughter. Yes I do think I injured my forearm a bit. I thought that I was stronger than I really was. It was sore for a couple of days but it is fine now.

Julie Good job on Live Total Body Weights. I hope Maggie will be OK and that the tumors aren't anything too serious. Sorry that you didn't like Live Hard Strikes Low Impact.

Pam I was so sorry to hear about Butters. I know what you are going through and I don't think you waited too long to get him to the vet. You gave him a chance to see if he would get better. I remember wondering the same thing about Tigger when we had to get him euthanized but he had stopped eating and didn't have the energy to move. Good for you in doing disc 36 back, shoulders and biceps.

Janie Good job on Tabatacise.

So Saturday I did ummmm I can't remember (scary....) but it did include core 1 and Sunday was Yoga Relax. Today was disc 16 chest, shoulders and triceps.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Last night I did Live Cardio Leg Blast w/High Step. I thought it would be like the Cardio Leg Blast DVD from XTrain but it was not. It started out with cardio using the high step and then moved into legs using and not using the high step and ended up with a few exercises on the floor. It wasn’t bad but probably not one of my favorites. We also found out about Maggie last night. Her x-rays and scans were clear of any internal cancer. Instead of surgery to remove the tumors and toe, they are suggesting chemo. They think that with her age it will be the safer route to take.

Pam I am truly, truly sorry about Butters! I can see how much you love him. I totally agree. As hard as it is to lose them, I cannot imagine my life without them. It’s natural to second guess our choices at these times but I think our hearts lead us down the right path when it comes to our cherished pets. Great job on disc 36! I have extremely weak biceps and forearms. Cathe always blows me away with her weights for those. Great job on CCC!

Janie Great job on Tabatacise! Not sure I have ever referred to that one as refreshing but I know what you mean. It is nice to get through that one and feel accomplished.

Cheryl Great job on whatever you did on Saturday with core 1, Yoga Relax on Sunday, and disc 16! It makes me nervous putting Maggie through chemo. I have heard that it is not so bad in dogs but she is quite older and already has trouble walking with her arthritis and bad back. I would just hate to see her go through more pain if it doesn’t help or extend her life.

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on Tabatacise! Refreshing?! Hmmmmm, not sure I have ever thought of describing it that way! So glad to hear that your daughter is doing well! Thank you for your sweet words and hugs, it really does mean a lot!

Cheryl Thanks for your kind words and support about Butters. So funny that you can't remember what workout you did on Saturday. That happens to me sometimes too. Great job on whatever it was, core 1, YR, and disc 16!

Julie Great job on Cardio leg blast with the high step. Sorry you weren't too crazy about it. The name certainly sounds intriguing! OMG, chemo? Is that something you would need to take her to the vet for regularly? Such a tough decision, you have to wonder how the chemo would be on her and what her quality of life would be. I'm glad that there is no internal cancer, but sorry you are in this situation. Thanks so much for your thoughts and comments on Butters too!

This morning I had a terrible time deciding what workout to do and it just reminded me how much I like having a rotation to follow! I was at a loss with nothing on the calendar. I finally went with Party Rockin Step 2. I did the premix that adds in 2 extra combos from PRS 1 that makes it an hour. Even though I just did this one not very long ago I still had a hard time remembering it! Have a great day!

Pam

Today was Step Moves. I LOVE this one! So much fun.

Pam, Cathe should make up a DVD for Active Recovery Week. Don't you think? I think I'll ask her to do that. Great job on Rarty Rockin Step 2 with the 2 extra combos. Good Job!

Julie, I've been doing ICE so long it was refreshing to do something different. After this March Rotation, I'll most likely go Back to ICE. It's a good fit for me. LOL! Great job on Live Cardio Leg Blast w/HS. Poor Maggie. Glad to hear she is clear of cancer, and glad to know there is a treatment for her. Keep us posted.

Cheryl, Glad your forearm is better. I always think I'm stronger than I am. Ugh... LOL! I do the same thing, and can't remember at times. Life is that way sometimes... Great job on whatever you did on Sat and great job for doing Sun. Yoga Relax. Nice one. And for today's disc 16 chest, shoulders and triceps.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Julie Good job on Cardio Leg Blast w/High Step. Sorry that you didn't like it that much though. It sounds like it would be a fun workout. I am glad to hear that Maggie doesn't have any internal cancer. That is such a hard decision to make on whether or not to do chemo I would be nervous about it too. I think you would have to take her to the vet on a regular basis to have it done. Sorry that you have to make this decision but I know you will make the right one for your fur baby.

Pam Good job on PRS #2 and the 2 extra combos from PRS #1. It is nice following a rotation, that way you don't have to think about what to do.

Janie Good job on Step Moves, it is a fun one.

This morning was ICE LIS 1 & 2 and core 2. Then we tackled our very messy basement. DH has a little bit of a hoarding problem and our basement is filled with stuff. So it has gotten to the point where he would rather try to sell what he has rather than hold onto it YEAH...... So we started in on it but it will take some time to get it organized but at least it is a start.

Cheryl

Last night was yoga. I just did a short 25 minute one from DDP. It was nice and helped get me stretched out. On Monday’s workout, Cathe had a long calf raise sequence and I am horrible in not working calves (and core). I was burning out and couldn’t even finish the series. Well I thought I escaped DOMS territory but I woke up last night in the middle of the night to go to bathroom. Took one step and about fell to the floor because my calf was so sore. Hoping they get some stretching out so I can do my workout tonight.

Pam Great job on PRS2! I cannot live without a rotation either. I may not follow one of Cathe’s but I have to at least have my own plan for a few weeks out. Otherwise, I get overwhelmed with all the choices. I was really hoping the Live CLB was like the DVD CLB. I think I would have like it better if it was like that. I read a few articles and from what I read, they say cats and dogs do better with chemo then humans because they focus on just managing the cancer rather than trying to cure it so the drugs are less powerful. If there are any signs of her quality of life decreasing, I think we will stop the chemo. I definitely don't want her in more pain.

Janie Great job on Step Moves! I haven’t done that one in a long time. I remember having trouble with one combo but then all of a sudden it clicked with me. I will definitely keep you posted on Maggie as we find out more.

Cheryl Great job on ICE LIS 1& 2 + core 2! Oh I understand hoarders. Both my parents and brother are hoarders. I can’t stand it. I am glad he is coming around to wanting to get rid of it. I think I would have liked Live CLB better if it had been like the DVD. Since it was so different, I think I was just disappointed in that. I may try it again later. Thanks for the kind words on Maggie.

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on Step Moves, that is a fun one for sure! I LOVE your idea of an active recovery DVD! I am never quite sure just how much Active and how much recovery I should be doing!

Cheryl Great job on ICE LIS 1&2 and Core 2! My mom and sister are both hoarders so I can somewhat understand your pain. I think it is a really positive thing that he wants to sell stuff though! I'm sure it will be a daunting task, but maybe you will make a little money in the process too!

Julie Great job on yoga. Cathe really really knows how to give you terrible DOMS in the calves, doesn't she? I have had those nights too! I hope they are feeling better by the end of the day. My calf DOMS usually don't last as long as some of my other DOMS... Good luck to you and Maggie with the chemo, I really hope that it helps her! When will she start?

This morning was RWH LI hiit 2 and core 2. Then we went to get our vaccinations for Vietnam. I was a little nervous about all of the shots, but the woman who did them was awesome. It was so quick and didn't hurt at all! I hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

Cross Train Express Kickbox. OMG! I'm dying! LOL!

Pam, Great job on RWHL LI HiiT 2 and core 2. I hate shots, I know how you felt. Then after all that worry, it doesn't hurt at all. LOL! Too funny. You are going to Vietnam? I hear it is wonderful.

Julie, Great job on yoga last night perfect, like you said, for a nice stretch. OUCH! Sounds like DOM misery in you calves. Stretch them out, you will feel better. How is Maggie doing?

Cheryl, Great job on ICE LIS 1 and 2. And basement work. ugh... Good job

Take care everyone,

Janie

Julie Good job on yoga. It hurts when you have bad calf doms. I hope that they are better now and you could get your workout in.

Pam Good work on RWH LI hiit 2 and core 2. I hate getting shots, I am glad that it was quick and didn't hurt. When do you go to Vietnam? Our old neighbours who moved back to Norway were just there last week with their two sons. They had a great time there.

Janie Good work on Cross Train Express Kickbox.

Today was disc17 Legs then I was off to get groceries. Then in the afternoon DH had sold a Starwars watch on the bidding site and we met the person at the mall. We chatted with her for over 2 hours so we didn't get any more cleaning done in the basement.

Cheryl

Last night was Live Lean & Mean Legs. It was 50 minutes but flew by. It started out with the same cardio with the SB that is in Drill Max and then moved to some unweighted leg work, a few cardio bursts and then some endurance weight work and heavier weight work. It ended with the warrior yoga flow she used in Lean Lower Body which is a tough sequence. It was an ok workout. So far, I am loving doing the Cathe Live workouts even if I don’t necessarily love the workout itself. It is fun to do something else and I am finding a few favorites I will want to return to.

Pam Great job on RWH LIH 2 + core 2! I almost forgot you were going to Vietnam. When is your trip again? We haven’t heard back from the vet yet. DH is supposed to call them today and see if they have any updates.

Janie Great job on CTX Kickbox! My calves are much better so I am thankful for that. Maggie is doing ok. She hasn’t started the chemo yet. Still need to get with the vet on that.

Cheryl Great job on disc 17! I remember that being the disc that would always give me crazy quad DOMS! Wow! 2 hours chatting with the buyer. You must have had a lot in common.

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on CTXC Kickbox. I can't believe it, but I don't have the one. It sounds like you got a great workout! We are going to be in Vietnam April 15-30th. I am looking forward to it, but am a little bit nervous about the 5 day/4 night cave tour!

Cheryl We are going to be in Vietnam April 15-30. It seems like so long ago that we were planning it and now it is almost here! Great job on disc 17. That is so funny that your DH chatted for 2 hours with the buyer. If all of the sales are like that this could be a very long process for you! ;)

Julie Great job on Live Lean and Mean legs. I understand what you mean about having the new workouts today, even if you don't necessarily love them all. It's always fun to experience a new workout.

This morning for me was Rhythmic Step. I always love that one! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good job on Live Lean & Mean Legs. It is fun to get different workouts even if you don't like them all. At least you will have some that you will go back to.

Pam Wow it is only just over a month until you go. I am sure the cave tour will be lot of fun. Good work on Rhythmic Step. That is a fun one.

This morning was ICE Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox and core 1.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Today was MM. I love this one! Felt sooooo good to get some weight lifting in.

Cheryl, Great job on ICE RSK and core 1. Yahoo!

Pam, What a fantastic opportunity to cave tour. Do enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aw, another favorite of mine. So much fun!

Julie, Great job on Live L&M L. It sounds like it would be so much fun doing Live workouts with Cathy.

Cheryl, Great job on disc 17 legs. And the fun with the bidding site and grocery shopping.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night I did Live Cardio & Weights. It was not like the DVD but I really liked this one. It reminded me of RWH CUB. Definitely one I would return to and do again. I am so happy it is Friday. I’ve been waiting all week for the weekend. I’m not looking forward to losing an hours sleep but oh well. It means we are 1 week away from the first day of Spring.

Pam Great job on RS! Wow you are only a month away from going to Veitnam. Oh exciting.

Cheryl Great job on ICE RSK + Core 1! I am definitely finding some workouts that I want to return to in Live. I feel like it will take me forever to catch up to all she has out there though.

Janie Great job on MM! That is a goodie! So far I am loving Cathe Live. It is definitely different than her DVDs. She is more interactive in a way.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on RSK can ICY core 1!

Janie Great job on MM. That is a great one, I haven't done it in so long. So glad it made you happy! Q

Julie Great job on Live C&W! It sounds like a really fun one! I hate losing that hour of sleep too, it just makes the weekend go by so much faster. I am happy for DST though and even happier for spring! We have had the most beautiful weather all week, it was 80 yesterday! I hope that it isn't just a tease and that the warm weather is here to stay!

This morning was Imax and Icy core 1. I am so ready to have a rotation back on my calendar next week to relieve the stress of having to pick a workout! :rolleyes: Happy Friday everyone!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.