Strength in Numbers

Cheryl Great job on Hiit DWP and NE abs! Also on your housework and long walk. It is SO awesome to get spring like weahter in February and I am happy that you are taking advantage of it! How do your cats like the leash! I used to have a cat that I would take out on a leash because he just drove me crazy wanting to be outside. Now we have a screened porch and that seems to work for them getting the feeling of being outside.

Julie Great job on RWH LIHI legs and getting your second wind. That is funny that you were having to fast forward at the end! Your legs must be feeling a lot better for you to get through that one!

This morning for me was disc 2 Back and triceps. How did I forget about all of the chin ups and pull ups in this series? I must have blocked that out because it was too painful to remember! I'm not even doing any real ones and they kill me! I had forgotten how chatty Cathe can be in some of these STS workouts too. I get mad at her when the rest timer has clicked down to zero and she is still chatting away and hasn't even starting getting set up for the next exercise! :eek:Happy Friday!

Pam

OH OH... Time got away from me yet again. Today's exercise was; To The Mat: Legs& Glutes.

Read everyone's posts, you all seem to be doing well.

Take care,

Jaine

Julie Good job on RWH LIHI Legs. Sometimes when you are low on energy it sometimes takes a bit more time to get into the groove. Funny that at the end Cathe had to catch up to you :D. I don't know if we really even had any snow this year. If we did it was just a

Pam Our cats like the leash. When they know they are going outside they wait by the door until I can get their harness and leashes on.
We even walk them. I know I know.....crazy cat people. A screened porch would be so good to have. Great work on disc 2 Back and triceps. Yep there are a lot of chin ups and pull ups in this meso cycle. Cathe can be kind of chatty in these too. I look at it as an extra break before we start again.

Janie No problem with time getting away from you. It happens so easily. Good job on To The Mat Legs & Glutes.

Today was Rockout Knockout. Then we did a bit of running around. We were driving down one street around 1pm and what do we see but a coyote trotting down the sidewalk without a care in the world. You don't usually see them at that time it is normally early in the morning or late at night when they are prowling around.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Today is a rest and baking sourdough bread day. Also our little jamming sessions are turning into practice sessions. Yep, we'll perform this Summer at the Woodfest at the Tokeland Hotel. Yikes! I'm so excited about this! We are getting our songs and playing guitar very tight and it is sounding really good.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Janie Enjoy your rest and and baking sourdough bread. So exciting that you will be playing live this summer.

Yesterday I did RWH LIHI #1 and core #1. I decided to take today as a complete rest day. I can't remember the last time I did that so I thought it was about time. I hope everyone ad a great weekend.

Cheryl

Saturday I did Ultimate Kettlebell Sculpt and Condition Volume 1 by Lauren Brooks and added on the Single Leg Burnout from Edge Booty Extreme 1. It was tougher than I was expecting. After that, DH and I ran errands and then did a few things at home. Sunday was Tabatacise and being lazy after that.

Pam Great job on disc 2! That’s funny that you get mad at Cathe for being overly chatty. I think the pushup mania of meso 1 overshadows the pullup mania but yes there are a lot of pullups too. I can’t do any real ones and cannot even do as many assisted ones as called for either.

Janie Great job on To The Mat Legs and Glutes! Great job on your rest day and making bread! How exciting to have a concert session lined up for this summer. I am sure you will be awesome in it.

Cheryl Great job on RK! Wow a coyote in broad daylight in town!?! That is crazy. I have heard we have coyotes in Central Illinois but I have never seen one. I think that is adorable that you walk your cats on leashes. Keeps them safe. Great job on RWH LIHI 1 + core 1 and on your complete rest day.

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on TTM Legs and Glutes! I saw your bread on FB and it looked fantastic. I was happy to hear that you were able to recover it, that would have been terrible if you hadn't been able to! Very cool about your live gig, sounds like fun!

Cheryl I can't imagine our cats would like a leash at all, but that is pretty cute that yours like it. I bet you are a real conversation starter when you are walking them! Great job on RK, we were on the same page again as I did that one on Saturday. Wow, a coyote cruising down the sidewalk huh? That is pretty wild! You sure do see some interesting wildlife! Great job on LIHI 1 and core 1 and for taking a real rest day! I hope that you enjoyed it!

Julie Great job on Ultimate Kettlebell Sculpt and Condition and the Single Leg Burnout. The single leg burnout sounds pretty intense by itself! Great job on tabatacise too!

Saturday was supposed to be MMA KB and the heavy bag bonus from MMA Boxing, but I subbed in Rockout Knockout and the abs from LIC. Yesterday was my rest day and this morning was disc 25 chest and back. It was 70 degrees yesterday again, but I had so many errands to run that I didn't get a chance to get out and enjoy it except when I was going to and from the car. I hope that everyone had a great weekend!

Pam

Julie Good job on Ultimate Kettlebell Sculpt and Condtion and Single Leg Burnout. They sound like they would be tough workouts. Good job on Tabatacise too and your lazy day. We have a lot of coyotes around here though I don't see them very often and not walking down the sidewalk in the middle of the afternoon. That is why we put the cats on leashes so we an keep them safe from the coyotes.

Pam Most of our neighbours are familiar with us walking our cats on leashes but some people stop to chat. Everyone is appreciative though that we take the time to get them out and keep them out of everyone's gardens. There is a lot of wildlife around here because we are very close to lakes and forests even though we live in a city. Good job on Rockout Knockout and LIC abs and disc 25 chest and back. Wow nice to have 70 degrees. It is mild here but not like that.

Today I started meso 2 with disc 13 chest, shoulders and triceps. I like this meso cycle much more than the first one.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

So yesterday I bit the bullet and signed up for a year of Cathe Live + On Demand. I probably should have tried a month first but she had the 15% coupon and well I’m a sucker for coupons. I did Cardio Strength Blast which aired on 9/18/14. It was tough but good and flew by. The first 3/4 of it was like the Circuit Blast section of CrossFire (moderate impact cardio blasts followed by compound weights). The last 1/4 was a few compound or straight weight moves and a few core moves. I’m looking forward to trying more and also check out the Workout Blender.

Pam Great job on RK + LIC abs! That seems like a good sub for MMA KB and the heavy bag section from MMA Boxing. Bummer you didn’t get to enjoy the nice weather. Maybe you will get lucky and it will be here to stay so you can enjoy it this coming weekend. Great job on disc 25!

Cheryl Great job on starting meso with disc 13! I think Meso 2 is my favorite too. I really love the leg workouts but even the upper body are good too. That is a good idea to keep the cats on leashes so the coyotes don’t get them.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I think some of the neighbors around here would like people to keep their cats on leashes too! Great job on disc 13. For the most part I like mesos 2 and 3 better than meso 1, but I really like the leg workouts in meso 1.

JulieGreat job on cardio strength blast! I will be waiting for the reports on Cathe Live and On Demand. I keep wondering if I want to try it out. The cardio strength blast sounds great. Do you have access to all of the workouts that she does live whenever you want to see them on demand?

This morning for me was 30/30 and Weights and Plates abs. That one always kills me. I sit there huffing and puffing for awhile after all of that plate work! After that I spent a couple of hours at the vet with Butters. Poor little guy has been sick for a couple of days and I got really worried last night when I was seeing what looked like blood in his litter box. He hasn't wanted to eat, just drink and even slept beside his water bowl last night. He is in the hospital now getting IV fluids and antibiotics. His creatine levels were a little high, but she said it was the high end of normal and could just be because of whatever he is trying to fight off, but they also want to do some other tests to make sure that his kidneys are ok :( He was a said little sack, he didn't even put up a fight getting into his carrier. I'm hoping he will be able to come home tonight, but waiting to hear. I hope your days are going better!

Pam

I can't believe it, but I forgot to do my exercises yesterday. I was fusing remains in glass. Ugh...

You all are doing well, I'll catch up somehow. Or not... But will do my exercises today for sure.

Janie

Julie Nice job on Cardio Strength Blast. I would love to sign up for Cathe Live + On Demand but our dollar is doing so bad against yours that it would cost me a fortune. Let me know how you like it though. I may sign up for it eventually if our dollar starts doing better.

Pam We are on the same page again. Good job on 30/30 and Weights and Plates Abs. I did the same workout but with Pilates Abs. {{{HUGS}}} I hope Butters is doing better and that he could come home tonight. I know what it is like when our fur babies get sick. When Taylis got sick back in June he had to stay at the vets for 3 days. I found it so hard not having him here.

Janie I saw on FB that you have been fusing remains in glass. It must be keeping you busy if you forgot to workout :D.

As I told Pam today I did 30/30 but did the Pilates Abs. Then I got some stuff that I had on a bidding site that we have here. It is like Craig's List but on FB instead. What you do is take a picture of the item with a bit of a write up and list your starting bid. If people are interested they will bid and sometimes it does get into a bit of a bidding war. DH has sold quite a bit of stuff on it......me I have been doing more buying :rolleyes:.

Cheryl

Last night I did Yoga Max! The whole thing! I have not done the entire workout in so long. I actually made it through and it seemed to fly by and did not have the dread factor I remembered it having. I can’t stay as deep in the lunge poses as they can and my balance is very wobbly but I am getting there.

Pam Great job on 30/30 and W&P abs! That plate work is killer. I do have access to all the live workouts. I had been keeping track of each live workout on a spreadsheet as she did them so I already know which ones I want to try out. Poor Butters! I saw his photo on FB! He is adorable. It is so hard to see them not acting normal and not able to tell us where it hurts. I hope they can find out what is going on and get it fixed soon.

Janie I have seen your work on FB! The glass beads are beautiful and such a wonderful way to remember loved ones. You do amazing work.

Cheryl Great job on 30/30 and Pilates abs! Cathe Live + On Demand is kind of pricey in American dollars so I understand you wanting to see the Canadian dollar improve before signing up. Will definitely keep you all posted. I plan to do an entire month of Cathe Live (except yoga days on Tuesdays) and then maybe next month try blending some workouts. Hey somebody has to be the buyer of the products or there wouldn’t be room for sellers, right?

Have a great day!

Janie I saw your fused glass pieces. They are so unique and beautiful. You always impress me with your creativity!

Cheryl I am loosely following the STS/SC rotation, maybe that is how we keep ending up doing the same workouts. Although it seems like we keep doing it even when we both are subbing in something else, so who knows?! I guess great minds think alike. Yes, poor little Butters is so pathetic. They let him come home last night with a catheter in his leg hoping that he might eat at home, but I couldn't get him interested in anything. His favorite thing in the world is raw steak, so I even bought a steak and tried to get him to eat a little piece, but he just sniffed it an walked away :(. I am feeling a little more hopeful today since they did an ultrasound and determined that he has pancreatitus and it sounds like we caught it early enough that it should be treatable. There is something going on with his kidneys though too, so I will find out more about that when I go pick him up. They have him scheduled for discharge at 5:30 today, so hopefully he will start eating and can stay home. Thanks for your hugs and thoughts :). Great job on 30/30 and pilates abs. I didn't like those abs before, but I am liking them better than I used to. That is funny about your bidding, I am more of a buyer than a seller too :p.

Julie Great job on YM and doing the whole thing and enjoying it!! That is awesome. I think I have only done it once..... o_O. It sounds like you are really coming along with your yoga!! You are good keeping track of all of the workouts in a spreadsheet, that is very impressive! I love the all live+on demand rotation. As I was telling Cheryl, hopefully Butters is on the mend. I will find out a lot more when I see him tonight, but I was a little relieved with having a diagnosis and it not being as bad as what I was expecting. It sounds like the key is going to be for him to start eating again. The vet said that he seems to be moving around more today, so hoping that is a good sign.

This morning I considered skipping my workout because I hardly got any sleep worrying about Butters. I decided to at least give it a try and see how it goes, and of course ended up doing the whole thing. It helped that it was disc 23 legs and those meso 2 tri-sets fly by. Hope you all have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good job on YM and not dreading it. I can't get as deep in the lung poses either and sometimes my balance is awesome and some days it just isn't there. I like your comment on that there needs to be buyers so there can be sellers. Yes I am definitely a buyer :p.

Pam I am glad that they let Butters come home last night. It is so hard when they aren't feeling well and don't want to eat even their favorite food. I am glad that they caught the pancreatitus early and I hope there isn't too much of an issue with his kidneys. Good for you in getting your workout in. I really like the tri-sets.

This morning was disc 14 Legs. Then I did a bit of housework and some errands.

Cheryl

Last night I did Cathe Live Upper Body Sculpting. The 50 minutes went by fast and it was a nice upper body workout. Not too tough but could be if you heavied up.

Pam Wow, great job on disc 23 with little sleep. Legs are hard and to do it without good sleep is impressive. It probably also helped to take your mind off of Butters for a little bit. Poor little guy! I am glad they have a diagnosis and it sounds promising. I’ll keep thinking of you both and praying for good news.

Cheryl Great job on disc 14! Seeing you and Pam have fun with the trisets leg workouts makes me want to do them.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great b on disc 14 and your housework and errands.

Julie Great job on Cathe Live upper body sculpting! It sounds like fun. I'm afraid you are going to be tempting me with this Cathe live stuff!

This morning was supposed to be MMA Boxing, but I subbed in cardio kicks. Of course I always think of Julie when I do that workout, it's so much fun! Butters came home last night but they left the catheter in his leg in case he needed to have fluids again today. He seemed quite a bit better last night and even ate a little, but then this morning he was no longer interested in eating at all. When he when in for his check this morning they decided they need to keep him for the day again since he is not eating again. The poor guy was so sad when we got back to to the vet. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on Upper Body Sculpting.

Pam Good job on Cardio Kicks. Poor Butters. I wish you could explain to them why they need to stay at the vets. I hope he is eating and doing better.

Today was Low Impact Challenge. This is one that I haven't done too much and it feels like a brand new workout.

Cheryl

Last night I did Live: Lean Lower Body! It was 50 minutes of fun. Al was even in it. I can definitely see myself returning to this one. It started out not too bad and with straight forward lifts so you could heavy up but then she goes into various lunge positions with lots of pulses and low ends. The last section is a warrior lunge flow sequence that burns.

Pam Great job on Cardio Kicks! That would be much more fun than MMA Boxing! Oh poor guy! What a bummer to think he was getting better and then all of a sudden he needs to go back to the vet again. I hope he can come back home before the weekend.

Cheryl Great job on Low Impact Challenge! That is sometimes a nice feeling when you haven’t done a workout in a while so it feels brand new.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl Great job on LIC. It seems like always forget how much fun that one is.

Julie Great job on Live: Lean Lower Body! It sounds like it was awesome! I saw Al in some of the clips that she has posted on FB of the live classes, that is very cool!

So no workout for me this morning. Butters came home last night and was the worst that he has been so far. Hardly left the crate and when he did he was walking really funny and stumbling. I hardly slept last night because I was so worried about him and then we spent the whole morning at the vet. They are stumped about what is going on with him. He still isn't eating and is really disoriented and can't walk very well. Right now he is home and we are trying to force feed him and injecting him with subcutaneous fluids while she waits to hear back from a neurologist. If things don't turn around soon though I'm afraid he won't be with us much longer :(Please keep sending him your positive thoughts.

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.