Strength in Numbers

Janie Wow, you have a busy but fun week planned. I like the bookmark a lot, that is really pretty and unique.

Cheryl I signed up for the nourishing gurus emails so I am supposed to be getting my first one today. Is the Mega Energy Breakthrough program something that they just do once in awhile like the cleanse, or is it something you can do anytime? I was really excited to see their flaxseed muffin recipe. I went and got all of the ingredients on my way home from work yesterday and made them last night. I have to say I thought they were awful :-( Hopefully that was just one bad one though! Great job on STS disc 16. Awww, poor Taylis. I'm glad to hear he is doing better and is going to get to come home today. I'm sure he will be much happier when he is home.

This morning for me was RWH Plyo Hiit 1. That one always really winds me! I even sat down during one of the 'rests'. I put it in quotes because they are so short that I don't really think they are rests! Have a great day!

Pam

Pam I can't remember which day they send their email out. I am on their FB monthly page and the Spring Cleanse so I get lots of emails from them. The Mega Energy Breakthrough is something that they do once in a while. The first one started last November and went for 4 weeks. They did it again I believe in January. They may do it again in the Fall. I was looking at the flaxseed muffin recipe and wanted to make it. Sorry that it didn't turn out for you, but they do have a lot of good tasting recipes. Good job on RWH Plyo Hiit 1. They are tough workouts.

Janie Good job on your yoga workout today. Enjoy UFO tonight.

This morning was AOLIH. I find it to be a fun Hiit workout. We picked Taylis up today from the vet. He was very happy to get home and in his own bed. He needs a high fiber diet now so he won't get constipated again.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Sorry for being MIA. I took time off work on Friday and Monday and Tuesday was just trying to get caught up from being out two days. I did get my workouts in but won’t rehash them all. DH is still trying to work out. He has been keeping up with weights but is having a hard time wanting to do the cardio. He is also having some back issues and needs to go back to the chiro and get checked out. Maggie had her first cold laser therapy Monday. She was not doing good Monday night but by Tuesday afternoon, she was actually being a little playful which she hasn’t been in so long. I am hopeful it will work. She has 6 more sessions to go over the next month.

Janie So sorry about your pain! It is not fun dealing with that and so frustrating knowing that mentally you want to be doing something. Good job on your walk and yoga! Hopefully that is a good sign that the pain is lessening. Love the beads. So beautiful. Great job on yoga!

Cheryl Great job on RWH LI2! You will get your cardio back before you know it. It can take time though. What car do you normally have? Good luck with giving up coffee. It can be tough giving up the things we enjoy even if temporarily. That is exactly what I did over my 4 day weekend, errands, chores, running around getting things done. Glad it is done but I don’t feel like I had a weekend either. I have heard that about people who retire thinking they are on vacation for a while. Great job on continuing with STS weights! Oh no, so sorry about your kitty Taylis! Glad he is home. Hopefully he likes his new diet.

Pam Great job on your workouts while you were in Dallas and after getting back! What a bummer about feeling sick from whatever you ate. I had that a few weeks ago but actually got sick which actually made me feel better. I think it would have been worse if I hadn’t. I totally agree about the RWH Hiits not having rests. As fun as the new ones are, I do miss the structured Hiits from STS Shock Cardio.

Have a great day!

janie Great job on yoga. I have not heard of that song, I guess I will have to check it out. I hope you enjoyed UFO and they enjoyed your song, although I'm sure they did.

Cheryl I will have to watch for the mega energy breakthrough, it sounds interesting. In the meantime I have liked their FB page and I am getting an email a day for 7 days about various topics. I'm thinking that the muffins might be better with one of the other butters. The recipes says you can use either almond butter, cashew butter, tahini or one other that I can't remember. I got the tahini because it was the cheapest but I'm not sure I like the taste. Great job on AOLIH. I find that one to be sneaky - it doesn't seem like you are working that hard, but when I'm done I feel pretty spent. I bet that Taylis was happy to get home! I hope he enjoys his diet. :)

Julie No worries about being MIA. We all are sometimes. Great job with keeping up with your workouts while you were off. I think that is ok if DH is doing weights but no as much cardio, it's definitely better than not doing anything. I hope his back is ok though, those darn backs caWow, glad to hear that Maggie was playful, hopefully those treatments will be just what she needs. I do think I like the structured Hiit formula better than the random hiits. I like knowing exactly how much time I have to rest and how much time to workout. Even in Intensity, even though the hiits are random, I like having the counter on the screen.

This morning was supposed to be kickmax, but I really don't like that workout so I subbed in KPC. I was happy to get through all of the planks, but I wasn't up on my tippy toes for the last few! o_O Have a great day!

Pam

Charley Horse woke me up this morning. Bummer, now I have a sore calf. I'm so excited about Cathy's new Ice Series. I ordered! Wanted Intermediate so badly this time. If it was going to be advanced I wouldn't have ordered this time. Yahoo! It's Intermediate!

Pam, Great job on KPC. I hear yas being on tippy toes for the last few. I'm sure you did fine. I was so nervous singing the song it didn't even sound like the song. Ugh...I stopped and told them I was nervous and bless their hearts they decided to ignore me thinking (I'm sure) that it would help. No...I simply wasn't ready to do it. Darn. LOL, it's OK, I won't give up, and will do it again when I'm ready.

Julie, No problem with MIA, you are back and that's what matters. Good job on your workouts. Tell hubby it's the whole package and cardio is just as important as weights. So sorry to here about the back issue. I'm having them myself, not fun. Bless little Maggie. Sounds like the next 6 sessions will do wonders for her. Hoping all will be good.

Cheryl, Did I tell you it's so nice to have you back. Well, it is. Great job on AOLIH. I be Taylis will be so happy being home again. I have a high fiber diet as well. Works wonders.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Julie Don't worry about being MIA, look how long I was MIA LOL. Well at least DH is doing weights. Maybe it will take him time to want to do cardio. I am glad that Maggie is feeling better. It is hard when our fur babies are sick. We normally drive a Jeep Compass but the Camry is so much nicer. You know I didn't get a headache or anything when I gave up the coffee. I have green tea in the morning instead but I will be glad when the cleanse is over so I can have my morning cup of coffee again.

Pam I really like tahini but it may be an acquired taste. I think almond butter might be better in the muffins. I really enjoyed doing the Mega Energy Breakthrough. I still use a lot of the recipes from it. Good job on KPC, I was thinking to do that one myself tomorrow.

Janie Ouch I hate it when I get a charley horse during the night. I hope your calf is better now. I am thinking of ordering the ICE series myself. I wasn't going to when I heard that it was intermediate but it looks that something that you can make easier or harder depending on how you feel that day. Thanks for welcoming me back. I know it was a while that I was gone but not having to go to work gives me a lot more time to be able to do things like this. It isn't easy to perform in front of people. Don't worry that it didn't happen this time, next time you will do it.

This morning was STS Disc 17 Legs. I was pretty sweaty at the end of it. After that I did some housework and then we went grocery shopping. It is amazing how fast the day goes by without really doing much.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did RWH UBC! Love that one! Love that the pushups are so minimal for Cathe. DH figured out how he hurt his back. He was picking up the riding lawn mower to put it in the shed. He has an appointment today to see what the chiro/PT can do for him. We are also going to get ramps so he doesn’t have to pick it up anymore. He is pretty upset that he might have to take time off working out to heal.

Pam Great job on KPC! I almost did that last night but decided to do RWH UBC instead. Of course, I would have skipped the Crunch part and only done the cardio and kickboxing sections. Yes that is what I like too, the timer that tells me how long I have to suffer or can rest up. I am fine with DH if he doesn’t want to do cardio and just do weights. As you said, it is better than nothing and now that he is 40, he needs to be building muscle to counter the natural loss that occurs after that age.

Janie Sorry about your charley horse! When I first read that, I thought maybe that was the name of one of your pets! I am excited about the new series too. Not only for everyone who has been wanting it but also because I think they might come in handy for recovery weeks. I really wish this series was already out so DH could use it though.

Cheryl Great job on STS D17! DH might change his mind about cardio sometime. Since it is summer, I might be able to get him to go on walks which would be something but I am ok if he just wants to stick to weights for now too. Maggie was a little sore from her second cold laser therapy session but the vet said to expect that. I wish when our furbabies were sick we could fix them with kisses and hugs. Makes me so sad especially because I don’t know if they even know what is going on.

Have a great day!

Janie Oh no, I just hate those darn charley horses. I hope that your calf is feeling better. I know mine always hurt for awhile after that happens. Oh wow, you already ordered, huh? I am a little hesitant, I'm not sure I like the intermediate o_O I felt a little better about it reading some of Cathe's answers on FB that said it will be easy to make it harder if you want. Aw, I bet you sounded better than you think. It takes a lot of guts to perform for people like that, I'm proud of you and proud of your stick to-it-ness! :D

Cheryl I agree that the almond butter would probably be better in the muffins. I'd say next time, but I'm not sure I will make them again :) Great job on STS disc 17. Love those STS leg workouts! It is funny how fast a day can go by, isn't it?!

Julie Great job on RWH UBC. I was excited when I saw that on my calendar for tomorrow. Oh man, picking up a riding lawn mower, I can see how that would hurt your back! I hope that the chiro/PT can help! That is a bummer that he might have to take time off from working out when he is really getting into it :(

This morning I had Low Max on the calendar but I don't really like that one either, so I did Imax1. I was pretty happy with how it went. I usually am screaming by the end of round 8 but that one didn't seem as bad as usual. I hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

DH did end up pulling a muscle in his back. He got some therapy from the PT yesterday and they told him to take the next few days off. Hopefully he will be good to go Sunday. I was supposed to do heavy weights last night but since DH wasn’t working out with me, I decided to do LIHI Legs. So much fun and so tough. I was barely scissoring with the last scissor scissor wide tuck round.

Pam Great job on Imax! I love that Hope modifies a little in that one. Makes me feel better if I can’t keep up the scissoring. I feel bad for DH because he was really enjoying the weights workouts and was just starting to learn how to push himself safely and now he is going to have to take a little time off and then start over again. I did tell him fitness is a marathon not a sprint and to be patient.

Happy Friday

Julie Oh, sorry to hear about your hubbies back. At least he only has to take a couple of days off though. That is really frustrating when you want to work out and can't, but you are so right, patience is important! Great job on LIHI legs. Oh man, I hate those scissor scissor wide tucks!

This morning was RWH CUB. I did the premix that mixes abs in and also added the stretch at the end. I think it is so strange that the premixes don't include the stretches in this series. I love the workout and love the abs mixed in version! Happy Friday everyone. I am kinda bummed because I leave for Brazil tomorrow for work. I am going by myself and going to Sao Paulo which is not a very nice place. My DH and I are alternating travel this month. I was in Dallas, got home and he left for Atlanta 2 days later. He got home yesterday and I leave for Brazil tomorrow. I get home next Saturday and then we both leave for different places on Thursday. It will be nice for both of us to be home at the same time! Have a great weekend!

Pam

Rolly and I walked the beach for an hour and a half. All soooooo good. Later will do a Relax Yoga with Cathy.

Pam, Great job on RWH CUB, the premix that mixes abs in and also the addition of a stretch at the end. Please stay safe when you are in Brazil. It must be especially savoring moments when you two are together. Stay close.

Julie, Awe NO! So sorry about your hubby's back. Hope he won't be discouraged about it. Finding out what works you an individual is hard and I'm sure he's learned a lot from this experience. Slow and easy always...poor guy, I feel for him. Great job on LIHI legs.

Cheryl, Great job on STS Disc 17 legs. Love it when there is a sweatfest after a workout. YES! Sounds to me after some housework and shopping you did a lot of work. LOL!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Julie Good work on RWH UBC. Wow your DH picked up a riding mower.....no wonder why he hurt is back. Those things are heavy. I hope the PT can help him. It is hard when our fur babies are sick because you don't know what they are thinking. I know when Taylis had to stay over at the vets he looked so sad when we saw him. I was wondering if he thought we had abandoned him.

Pam Good work on Imax 1. Is round 8 the one with the plyo jacks? It has been a while since I have done that one.

Julie I hope your DH will be better by Sunday. Good job on LIHI Legs.

Pam Good job on RWH CUB and the ab work at the end. You have to go to Brazil all by yourself? You don't have any co-workers coming with you. Stay safe while you are there. You two sure do travel alot. It will be nice for the two of you to have some time together at home.

Janie Nice job on your walk on the beach with Rolly and Yoga Relax.

The last several days have been quite busy and I never got a chance to post yesterday. Yesterday I did KPC and struggled with the pikes at the end. Then I did some housework and then we did some running around. Then we went to pick up our car at the repair shop. When we got home we had some dinner and then one of our neighbours came over and asked if we wanted to watch a movie with them. So we went over there and watched Jupiter Ascending with them. Today I did STS disc 18 Back and Biceps. Then we went to Costco to get our passport photos taken and did some shopping. When we got home we sorted out a lot of stuff in our basement for recycling or to take to the thrift store. Then our neighbour came over again to see if we wanted to go to the river as they were taking their dog there. So we went with them and watched Lucy play in the water. I think I am going to sleep well tonight.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Will start posting my workouts on FB as well, just to be more accountable. Tonight was Basic Step. Earlier in the day I did some medium lifting in the garden. After all the injuries and healing, I'm looking forward to a fresh start.

Cheryl, Great job for yesterdays KPC. Struggle is good. Sounds like a fun day as well. How would you rate "Jupiter Ascending"? Also, great job on today's STS disc 18 back and biceps. Sounds like you will be traveling? The river sounds absolutely wonderful. Yep, I think you will sleep well.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Fast walked an hour on the beach with Rolly. Of course Rolly had to stop every now and then to go to the bathroom. I don't know where he keeps it!

Janie

Janie Good job on basic step and all of your gardening. Also with your fast walk on the beach with Rolly. Yep you always wonder where they keep it all.

So yesterday I did MMA Boxing and then some housework. In the afternoon my parents and brother came over and we ordered in pizza. Janie you are right we are going somewhere. We booked a trip down to Vegas. I haven't been there since I was 3 years old so I think it has changed a bit :D. Today I did yoga relax and then we went out for a bit. It was really hot today somewhere in the 80's so we didn't do too much.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Cheryl

Saturday DH was still on rest for his back. I did Pedal Power. Then we did some cleaning and I shampooed my carpets (FINALLY!!!). After that was running errands and getting ramps for DH so he doesn’t have to lift his riding mower into the shed anymore. Sunday, DH was doing much better and did weights with me. Then it was lazy day Sunday with some laundry mixed. We had severe storms yesterday evening and overnight. So many fallen tree branches this morning.

Pam Great job on RWH CUB! I hope you have a safe trip. So sorry you and DH are having trouble syncing schedules. Hopefully it calms down for both of you soon.

Janie Great job on your walk on the beach with Rolly! I think DH is learning from this. I think he thought getting in shape would be easy and is finding out it is hard work. Great job on BS, garden lifting and your walk with Rolly on the beach!

Cheryl Wow you had a very busy weekend but it sounds like it was productive and fun! Great job on KPC and the pikes and for Disc 18! Is your DH retired too? Yes, that is the worst thing about having to leave the furbabies at the vet; them thinking we abandoned them. Great job on MMA Boxing and on Yoga Relax!

Have a great day!

For Breakfast had the usual oatmeal and banana. After a couple of hours Did Basic Step plus Lower body hand weight add on. Used heavy bands and 5# weight. About to eat a healthy burrito. Planning for a fish dinner with rice and veggies for dinner. I better change my breakfast and lunch menu next time. LOL Need a variety of healthy foods.

Julie, A lot of the time people who start off on an exercise program feel so enthused, they over do it. Not thinking they are putting their body at risk. Easy does it for sure. Also you've been at it for a long time and your body is use to more than your hubby can do. He's most likely wanted to catch up with you. Poor guy. Tell him to keep at it, it takes time and effort but OH so worth it. He'll catch up to you in a years time, maybe a little longer. It should be that long anyway. He has to ignore your progress and concentrate on his.. Great job on Pedal Power, and tell your honey proud of him for resting his back. What? You want to come over here and do my floors? Wow, good for you. Good job on Sunday for you and your honey dong weights and for a lazy day even if you did laundry. LOL. I know...

Cheryl, Great job on MMA Boxing and housework. Oh, you'll have fun in Vegas, it's like another world. Good Luck. Great job on yoga relax. Isn't that a nice one?

Take care everyone,

Janie

Janie Great job on your long beach walk with Rolly. That and yoga relax too? Wow, good for you!

Cheryl Round 8 in Imax one is the one with the power scissors where you hold 4 counts, then 2, then singles for 16 and then repeat it again and do 32 the second time. Ouch! Nope, no co-workers with me on this trip, so it's not much fun. We usually have 2 people teaching this class because it is a very involved one, but they would only pay for travel for one person, so the days will be extra tough too. Oh well, I'll survive :). Great job on KPC. I can totally relate to struggling with those pikes! Oh no, I guess you had to give your Camry back, huh? Great job on STS disc 18 too. It sounds like you had quite the busy couple of days! Great job on MMA boxing and yoga relax. Oh yes, I'd say that Vegas has changed quite a bit since you were last there! When are you going?

Janie Great job on basic step and gardening. I hope you sciatica is doing better!!! Great job on your fast walk on the beach with Rolly too. Too funny. where does such a little dog store all of that?!

Julie Great job on PP and all of that cleaning and running errands. I'm glad to hear that your DH was feeling well enough to lift on Sunday, great job to both of you on your weights. Boy, there has been some really scary weather lately, I'm glad you guys are ok.

I decided to take Saturday as a rest day and just have a lazy morning with my DH. We had a nice breakfast and then went and had a ski before I had to leave that night. I got here Sunday morning early (7:30am) and after getting to the hotel and getting checked in and unpacked went and checked out the gym. They have a really nice gym that is a real gym (with external members and classes). I did an hour on the elliptical trainer and then spent a couple of hours walking around town. I was dead tired after flying all night so I ended up getting an early dinner and went to bed by 8:00! This morning I got up and did an hour on the spin bike before coming to work. So far things are going well with work, once I got past getting into the building! There isn't much English spoken here and I only know about 4 words of Portuguese, so that is challenging! Have a great day!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.