Strength in Numbers

Janie Your post came in while I was writing mine! Great job on Basic step and lower body and weight add on! Also for doing such a good job of eating healthy! That is awesome.

Pam

DH decided he wants to do weights and take it easy on cardio. So, last night I did the first 35ish minutes of TTM stopping after the HiiT segment then he and I went for a walk.

Janie I think that was what DH was doing, trying to do too much. I told him 6 days was too much for a beginner and he should just focus on 3-4 days a week for a while. I think he will like the plan of doing weights 3 days and walking the other days. Great job on your healthy eating and BS plus lower body hand weight add on! I tend to eat the same things every day but throughout the day is plenty of variety. The weekends of course are totally different than during the week. Need to work on my weekend eating.

Pam Good for you for enjoying a lazy morning with DH before you had to leave. You too deserve it with as much traveling as you have been doing. Good to see you had a safe trip down there. How exciting that the gym is a good one. Great job on the elliptical and all the walking! I would bet you needed to go to bed early with the long flight. Great job on spinning! Good luck with your class. Does your class have an interpreter?

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on TTM and your walk with DH. It sounds like he has a better plan now to ease into things a little more. Hopefully that will keep him injury free while still getting the exercise benefits! No, there is no interpreter, all of the people in the class speak English. I thought it was a requirement for everyone at IBM to speak English, but these people told me that here in Brazil it isn't a requirement because a lot of people only work with local customers. I can't imagine sitting through a week of training in another language. I think it must be exhausting.

My calves are still pretty sore today, so I did a 10 minute warmup on the treadmill and then did some leg work with weights. After that I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and some abs with the stability ball. I felt a little uncomfortable doing pikes in a public gym, but I'm sure no one was paying attention to me. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I know that feeling when you can finally shampoo your carpets. It feels so good doesn't it. I am glad that DH back is feeling better and he was able to do some weights with you. Glad to hear that you have ramps now for his riding mower. Yes DH is retired as well.

Janie Good job on Basic Step and your lower body weight add on. You do like your oatmeal don't you LOL. Yes it is good to change up you meal options sometimes.

Pam No fun having to go there all by yourself and teach the class as well. I hope it is all going well. You know four more words in Portuguese than I do :D. We are going to Vegas on November 29th and coming back on December 3rd. We are going to stay at the Monte Carlo. I am sure it has changed a lot since I was there.

So yesterday I did STS disc 19 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. After that we went to my parents house with our neighbours. My parents are trying to sell their 5th Wheel and our neighbours wanted to take a look at it. They liked it but they won't buy it as they won't have anywhere to store it. Today I did RWH Low Impact #1 and Abs #1. Then I decided to clean out some cupboards that have been driving me nuts :rolleyes:. Then I went for an hour long walk down to a park by us.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Last night DH and I did weights. I have not been sleeping very good lately. I am sure it is because I am stressed at work. In the middle of a big project that I am spending almost all of my day on but feel like I am making no progress. Gonna try to quarantine myself off from the rest of my unit today and focus on this and maybe make some headway.

Pam Great job on your gym workout! I think I would feel weird working out in a public gym not matter what I was doing just having never done it before. I know they say most people in the gym are not paying attention but I am just too self-conscious.

Cheryl Great job on STS 18 and RWH LI1 + abs 1! I have cleaning out my cupboards, pantry, and closets on my list of deep cleaning projects. Definitely needs to be done just need to work up the energy one of these days. Great job on your walk too! I bet you are loving having so much free time to do what you want and have DH with you.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Things are going pretty well here. The students in the class are all really nice, I just wish they would show up on time. We haven't started earlier than 30 minutes late each day so far. And of course now we are running behind schedule. I guess that is just the way it is. I am proud to say I have doubled my Portuguese vocabulary. I had to use Google Translater to figure out how to order my tea at Starbucks. The work for tea here is che (pronounced sha) and it turns out that bagel is bagel and cream cheese is cream cheese :rolleyes: I'm sure you will have a great time in Vegas. There is no place like it! Great job on Disc 19 and RWH LI1 and abs! Wow, an hour walk too, great job!

Julie Great job on weights with your DH. Sorry to hear that you aren't sleeping well. I hate when I feel like I'm working but making no progress, I hope you were able to make some progress today. I must admit that I was watching some of the people in the gym and critiquing their form to myself :p, but for the most part I'm really not paying much attention to anyone else.

This morning I did an hour on the elliptical machine again. It said that I burned over 700 calories, but I know those machines exaggerate greatly. I went to a churrascaria (sp?) for dinner last night and ate WAY too much, so hopefully I burned off at least a little bit of that. Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Last night I did the blasts only from RWH CLB. It was fun. I actually used 2 risers this time. Normally when I do that workout I only use 1 set but I thought since I was skipping weights I would try two. Don’t think I am ready for 2 with the weights yet. It was tough enough with 2 without weights. DH and I then went for a walk.

Pam Great job on your elliptical workout! That’s funny you mentioned the students showing up late. Someone I work with recently went to Sao Paulo, Brazil for an MBA project and she said every company they visited started meetings at least 30 minutes late. In fact, if they were 30 minutes late, they considered that on time. Yep now I am even dreaming about work. Hate that!

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on RWH CLB Blasts only. That sounds like it would be hard. I don't remember what all of the blasts are in that one. Is that the one that has the first half of the blasts on the floor and the second half on the step? Anytime I use 2 risers for anything anymore it seems SO much harder! Great job on the walk with DH too! The late thing drives me crazy because I feel like I need to be here on time, but it's usually me and 1 guy that are. Today the second person showed up 15 minutes late. Errrrrrr. Oh well, I know that is just the way that it is some places, but it is kind of annoying when at the end of the day they are worried because we are behind schedule. Oh dreaming about work is bad, yuck. I hope that goes away soon! That is a sure sign that you are under too much stress.

This morning I did an hour on the spin bike again. I am liking doing my own little spin class. And of course, there I was judging again. A guy came up and got the on the bike beside me and never changed the tension from the lightest the entire time. I wanted to give him some tips, but of course I kept my comments to myself ;). At least he is there doing something. I am looking forward to getting home, but not to that overnight flight tomorrow. Have a great day!

Pam

Wed. I did Basic Step plus upper body hand weight add on. And helped a neighbor in need with her garden for a couple of hours. Today is one segment from Total Body Stretching. I'm off now to do some gardening and walk the beach with Rolly.

Cheryl, Great job on STS disc 19 chest, shoulders and triceps. Hope your parents will find a buyer for their 5th wheel. Also for doing RWH Low Impact #1 and abs #1. Also for some cleaning and an hour walk. Wow, you go girl!

Pam, Great job on an hour spin bike. Will be glad for you to get home safely.

Julie, Great job on RWH CLB. Two risers must have made it challenging. Good for you. And for a walk. That's always nice anytime.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Julie Sorry that you are not sleeping well. Stress will do that to you. I have found with projects that it seems like you aren't making progress and then all of a sudden everything falls together. Good job on you weight work with DH. It felt good to get the cupboards and closets cleaned. They were is desperate need of it.

Pam That would drive me nuts if everyone showed up 30 minutes late. I guess they are on Brazillian time. So funny about the word bagel and cream cheese. What would we do without Google Translater. Good job on the elliptical machine. Enjoy the food while you are there. I am sure you will burn off the calories when you get home.

Julie good job on the blasts from RWH CLB and using two risers. I am not sure if I have done that one yet.

Pam Good work on the spin bike. I probably would want to say something to the guy too but would have kept my mouth shut. At least he was doing something.

Janie Good job on basic step and the upper body work and total body stretching.

So yesterday I did STS disc 20 Legs. Then I cleaned some more cupboards and closets. I can't believe how much stuff we have. Then we walked down to our library and bummed around there for a while. Today I did Step Blast. I haven't done that one in a while and I was sure how I would do but I finished it strong even doing the tuck jumps at the end. I want to go to a farmers market today that is by us. Other than that I got a bit of housework done.

Cheryl

Last night DH and I did weights. It has been nothing but high humidity and thunderstorms the past couple of days (save a few brief moments of no rain). Crazy weather and it supposed to be thunderstorms most of this weekend too! Happy that it is Friday though!

Pam Great job on spinning! Yea, glad you are done with your class and go home. The long flight doesn’t sound fun. Hopefully it is a comfortable plane though. CLB is the one with the blasts on the floor for the first half and then on the step but with 3 risers not 2! Luckily no dreams about work last night but I didn’t sleep well. Ozzie was sleeping sprawled out on his back and my legs had no where to go. I keep telling him he is a dog and they are supposed to sleep in a ball.

Janie Great job on BS + upper body weights! That was so nice of you to help your neighbor with the garden. I bet she was thrilled to get the help. Great job on TBS, gardening, and your walk.

Cheryl Great job on disc 20! I have so many things in my cupboards and closets that I probably need to get rid of. A yogurt maker for one, what was I thinking I would have time for that! It is funny but I did feel like I made a lot of progress on my project yesterday. I have quite a bit more to go but am feeling better. Hopefully today it will all fall together and feel great. Great job on Step Blast and finishing strong! That always makes you smile!

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on Basic Step and upper body hand weight add on. How nice of you to help your neighbor with her garden, you are a very good neighbor! Great job on TBS, gardening and walking too!

Cheryl Yes, it is pretty annoying when everyone shows up late. Of course today it was raining and I left a little later than normal because I had to check out of the hotel so I was a couple of minutes late. I was still the second person here though, so not quite on Brazilian time! Yes, I love Google Translator, especially that it will speak the words for you so you can hear how to pronounce them! Great job on STS disc 20 and clean max. It is amazing how much stuff you can build up, isn't it?! Great job on Step Blast. I think it was kind've cruel of Cathe to put those tuck jumps in there at the very end of that one!

Julie Great job on weights with your DH. Sorry to hear about all of your rain. That is no fun at all! Oh man, those darn dogs can sure take up a lot of space, can't that?! It doesn't seem right to sacrifice our sleep so that they can sleep well, but we all seem to do that.

This morning I did another hour on the elliptical machine. I almost didn't go to the gym because I have a cold, but then I was glad that I did. Have a great day and weekend!

Pam

Yesterday was TBS. So nice. Today was Basic Step + Abdominal routine add on. I needed that desperately.

Pam, Great job on the hr. of elliptical machine. Oh No! Get Better soon.

Julie, Great job for you and hubby doing weights last night. Darn storms!

Cheryl, Great job on STS disc 20 legs. And cleaning more cupboards and closets. You are a busy lady! Great job on todays Step Blast and finishing strong. Enjoy the farmers market. You deserve it.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Janie Great job on TBS, basic step and abs! How is your sciatica doing? You have been quite active lately! My cold has not really amounted to much, I am starting to wonder if it was just the smog in São Paulo that was bothering me.

I got home yesterday morning around 10 am after leaving Brazil at 5:30 Friday night so yesterday was mostly a lazy day. I did do some laundry and shopping but that was about it. This morning I did RWH CLB extreme premix and XTrain core 1. It kicked my butt! I was thinking I might have been too optimistic choosing the extreme premix but decided to go a little longer when I got to the extra segments and made it through the whole thing. When I went to do my sit ups though my hair felt like I had just gotten out of the shower! The ret of the day was working around the house, laundry lawn, weeds, etc. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Pam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saturday morning I did Ride Extreme and then DH and I ran a lot of errands and did grocery shopping. After coming home, we went for a walk before it started storming again. Sunday was weights with DH, laundry, and being lazy.

Pam Great job on the elliptical! What a bummer to get a cold before having to hop on the plane and come home. Oh, hopefully it was just the smog that was bothering you and not a cold. Great job on RWH CLB extreme plus core! You are amazing to do that plus all the work around the house, laundry, lawn, etc!

Janie Great job on TBS and BS + abs!

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Ride Extreme and your walk on Saturday. Glad to hear you were able to get it in before the storms. Great job on weights and laundry on Sunday too. I'm still kind've slightly stuffy but if it is a cold it is only a mild one. I felt pretty productive on Sunday until DH came home from golf and fixed the breaks on the car, put in an electrical outlet and replaced the cooler in our wine cellar! That made me feel like a slouch!

This morning for me was AOLIH and I did the extreme cardio premix. That is a good premix. You do the whole thing and then do the floor cardio a second time and it is still only 52 minutes long. Happy Monday everyone, here we go again!

Pam

Julie Sorry that you are having crazy weather. Good job on your weight work. See I knew you would have a good day with your project. Are you feeling even better about it now?

Pam If you were in Brazil a bit longer you would probably get onto Brazilian time. Good job on getting to the gym even though you have a cold.

Janie Good job on TBS and Basic Step and the Abs add on.

Pam Glad you had an uneventful trip home. Good work on RWH CLB extreme premix and XTrain Core 1. You know you have had a great workout when you hair feels like you just got out of the shower.

Julie Good job on Ride Extreme and your weights with DH and all of your errands and grocery shopping.

Pam Good job on AOLIH extreme cardio premix.

Sorry went MIA for a few days. Let me see, on Friday I did STS disc 21 Back and Biceps, Saturday was 4DS Higher Intensity Step just the cardio and I added on the STS yoga abs. Sunday was Yoga Max and today was STS disc 22 Chest Shoulders and Triceps. It has been really nice here that is why I hadn't sat down in front of the computer for a while. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl The time difference with Brazil isn't too bad from here since it is only an hour. The overnight flight takes care of messing up your body clock though! No problem on being MIA, it happens to all of us sometimes! Great job on STS disc 21, 4DS HIS, yoga max, and STS disc 22!! I'm glad to hear that you are getting some nice weather and that you are getting the chance to enjoy it!! It has suddenly gotten hot hot hot here. Two days this week are forecast to be over 100 degrees and the others are all in the high 90s. Summer decided to arrive withe a bang!

This morning for me was LIC. I hadn't done it in quite awhile so I enjoyed it. I did the upper body circuit premix because I feel like my legs have worked pretty hard already this week and I didn't have 75 minutes to spend. It was still 55 minutes and I will do the abs tonight when I get home. I hope you ladies have a great day!

Pam

I love playing the guitar and singing, my artwork of all kinds and exercising as well. Been doing all that along with enjoying friends. Makes for a full and happy week. My rotation for the next couple of weeks is the beginner rotation that Cathy put together. So far so good, haven't missed any one of them. However I've been MIA for a few days. How can that be? I deeply care about this form, mostly all of you. I'm sorry, I simply don't know what happens to the time. Mon. Basic Step + Lower Body hand weight add on, today is a rest day.

Pam, Great job on LIC. It is a long workout. 55 min. for me right now is out of the question. Good job! Enjoy the ab work.

Cheryl, MIA for me as well. Ugh. Great job on Fri. STS disc 21 Back and Biceps, Sat. for 4DS Higher Intensity Step just the cardio and the addition of STS yoga abs. Sun. for Yoga Max and STS disc 22 Chest Shoulders and Triceps.

Julie, Great job on Sat. Ride Extreme and errands and a walk. For Sun. weights with your honey, housework and resting.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Pam Nice that the time difference is only an hour. Wow you do have some hot weather there. 100 degrees is a little too hot for me, it is in the 80s here and that is plenty hot enough. Good work on LIC upper body premix. I haven't done that one in quite a while either.

Janie I am glad that you have found things to do that you enjoy. It is easy to MIA as you get busy and then all of a sudden a couple of days have past. Don't worry about it it happens to all of us. Good job on basic step and the lower body hand weight add on.

Today for me it was RWH plyo 2 plus the ab add on 2. I hadn't done that one yet and I am going to need some practice with it. I only used one riser and I will need to work up to 2.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.