Reviews for Body Parts in STS2.0?

How have you been liking Phase 2 workouts?
They may be my favourite ones. I thought body parts would be, and I really like them, yet . . . Might like split workouts just a little more. I like working the legs twice a week, for sure, and I feel pumped after the upper body exercises. Finishing the rotation in mid-August, and unsure of where I will be in September, so I’m going to try the body parts Mish Mosh for two weeks, until I know what I’m doing.

They may be my favourite ones. I thought body parts would be, and I really like them, yet . . . Might like split workouts just a little more. I like working the legs twice a week, for sure, and I feel pumped after the upper body exercises. Finishing the rotation in mid-August, and unsure of where I will be in September, so I’m going to try the body parts Mish Mosh for two weeks, until I know what I’m doing.
A few years back I did Gym Styles and got FABULOUS results! I did GS Legs 2X per week. I would add on the GS biceps & shoulders segment to Chest/Triceps, and add on the GS triceps segment to Back/Biceps so I was hitting my "beach muscles" 2X per week, too. These were very long workouts (LOL!)! I did cardio 2X per week during that time. I seem to respond best to working muscle groups at least twice per week.

A few years back I did Gym Styles and got FABULOUS results! I did GS Legs 2X per week. I would add on the GS biceps & shoulders segment to Chest/Triceps, and add on the GS triceps segment to Back/Biceps so I was hitting my "beach muscles" 2X per week, too. These were very long workouts (LOL!)! I did cardio 2X per week during that time. I seem to respond best to working muscle groups at least twice per week.
I love GS Legs too. Sounds like a great way to use the workouts.
I’m using her premixes to double up the body parts, back & biceps, chest & triceps. Shall see how that goes.
Cathe’s May 2022 rotation has two leg workouts a week. From her description: “We’ll hit the lower body twice each week, once with a plyometric cardio flare and once with solid heavy weights.” I love that rotation, and getting at the power moves.

This week was the Parts Mishmoshes #1 with all bonus exercises added on as the Mishmosh #1's are rather short. After doing Legs + Shoulders I was concerned as I didn't feel as "worked" as I usually do. But, I did feel it with Chest+Triceps and with Back+Biceps. Next week I'll be doing a different set of Premixes. I've surprised myself as I wasn't sure I'd care much for the Parts Phase, however I'm really enjoying them.

I've been on active recovery this week, but boy have I been feeling fidgety!! I mean I'm going for walks, doing yoga, but I can definitely tell this series has increased my energy levels. Wednesday I decided to do a combo of Cathe's Active Recovery workout, and then a mobility workout on YouTube by julia.reppel

I'm actually finding myself feeling a bit obsessive lately with mobility workouts, so it's nice to see there's a lot of content creators out there who post mobility workouts, too. I prefer Cathe's queueing, however, over Julia's non-verbal demos (but the music is nice.)

Kinda glad my recovery week is almost over. I'm ready to hit the weights again!

I started with Body Parts: Chest and Triceps. It was so hard. I had to drop weight on a few exercises. I previewed the workout but forgot there were THREE sets of dips. Those dips on the STS bars are so challenging. I don't know where I feel them more; my triceps or my chest. I did the original STS not that long ago and because of ALL the pushups in Meso 1, I don't dread them like I used to so I was actually happy when the pushups showed up in the chest workout! I really like the exercises she chose and feel like these body parts workouts have so much versatility. Like making a timesaver mix in workout blender incorporating some of the bonus body parts chapters and using them as an updated CTX or 4 Day Split.

This week I did the Express #3 for all Parts - it combines the 2 workouts with No Repeats. It was fine for Bi's & Tri's for me, but I did put in additional sets for Back & Chest for some of the exercises. I didn't think about doing it for Legs & Shoulders, but wish I did so I'd feel a bit more "worked". I also added in the other abbreviated stretches. And some type of Recovery workout.

Next week the 2nd MishMosh premixes are on-deck.

I was glad for the express workouts this week, as I had to miss my workout on Monday (supposed to be back). So on Tuesday (which was chest), I did the express versions of that and back (plus the back bonuses) so I didn't feel like I cheated myself by missing a body part this week. Granted, they weren't the full workouts, but I still felt like my muscles got a good challenge - especially those darn drop sets in the bonus section!

I was glad for the express workouts this week, as I had to miss my workout on Monday (supposed to be back). So on Tuesday (which was chest), I did the express versions of that and back (plus the back bonuses) so I didn't feel like I cheated myself by missing a body part this week. Granted, they weren't the full workouts, but I still felt like my muscles got a good challenge - especially those darn drop sets in the bonus section!
Life happens ... this is a good example for a use of the Express No Repeats premix ... you're still getting more specific muscle work than in a Total Body workout and even a UB/LB split ...

I've finally finished my body parts mixes that I made in the workout blender. This was taking the 2 body parts premixes idea but shortening the workouts to fit my schedule. During the week I'm often only able to do 45min max. It took me longer than expected to get through these workouts due to work interruptions. Now I am going to go back to Total Body as I only did the upper body workouts for Supersets and Trisets the first time through. I'm looking at doing Supersets Express 4 premix and Trisets Express 3 premix. After that I will return to the Body Parts and do them individually. I am noticing that I'm getting stronger though. I am increasing my weights on some exercises.

I've finally finished my body parts mixes that I made in the workout blender. This was taking the 2 body parts premixes idea but shortening the workouts to fit my schedule. During the week I'm often only able to do 45min max. It took me longer than expected to get through these workouts due to work interruptions. Now I am going to go back to Total Body as I only did the upper body workouts for Supersets and Trisets the first time through. I'm looking at doing Supersets Express 4 premix and Trisets Express 3 premix. After that I will return to the Body Parts and do them individually. I am noticing that I'm getting stronger though. I am increasing my weights on some exercises.
Hmmm... I didn't do any premixes for the TB workouts ... will have to give them a look.

I found myself envying those of you with " On Demand" and the ability to make your own premixes... that would have been helpful last week!

I found myself envying those of you with " On Demand" and the ability to make your own premixes.
Oh, come on....:) sign up :) You'll be hooked, I can almost guarantee it :):).

For example: if I didn't already have enough blender workouts before STS 2 came out.....the number
was 1122 workouts before STS 2. Right now, the number is 1284 !! That's 162 workouts I have
blended with STS 2 incorporated one way or the other...or strictly STS 2. That's kinda' sad, ain't it :) !
Granted, I have alot of add-on workouts, express workouts, etc.

So, like the hamburger place says (Burger King?) Have it your Way !!! :):)

For example: if I didn't already have enough blender workouts before STS 2 came out.....the number
was 1122 workouts before STS 2. Right now, the number is 1284 !! That's 162 workouts I have
blended with STS 2 incorporated one way or the other...or strictly STS 2. That's kinda' sad, ain't it :) !
Granted, I have alot of add-on workouts, express workouts, etc.
Wow! That's a lot of blending. :) I have 66 blended workouts in total and 14 of those are from STS 2.0. Mostly it is to shorten the length of the workout by eliminating some exercises but sometimes it is just adding an extra break. Like between the chair and mat yoga I added a 15s break to allow me to get my chair out the way and get my mat out.

That's a lot of blending. :)
Yes, it most definitely is!! I've had the blender since day 1, like back in 2013 or 2014, not sure, but some
time around those years.......most of mine are in the 20 to 40-ish minute range, but I actually do have some
45 min. to an hour. but those are few & far between. The more different chapters from different series'
I can put together, the better I like it.....after all these years, I pretty much can blend one very quickly,
cause I can go to what I want quickly and whip them up fast! At this point, my blender operates on
high speed ! :) I actually have some where I pick a warmup only that I like and that's it. Alot of YT
workouts I do, have no warmups to speak of, so I will do my Cathe warmup, then switch to the other
workout I want to do.....or if I do cardio, say a treadmill or elliptical workout, then afterwards, I will
switch to my blender workouts and do a specific add-on, like kickbox, body part weights, etc. My
add-ons do not have a warmup, but I do end them with a stretch. So much fun!

Yes, it most definitely is!! I've had the blender since day 1, like back in 2013 or 2014, not sure, but some
time around those years.......most of mine are in the 20 to 40-ish minute range, but I actually do have some
45 min. to an hour. but those are few & far between. The more different chapters from different series'
I can put together, the better I like it.....after all these years, I pretty much can blend one very quickly,
cause I can go to what I want quickly and whip them up fast! At this point, my blender operates on
high speed ! :) I actually have some where I pick a warmup only that I like and that's it. Alot of YT
workouts I do, have no warmups to speak of, so I will do my Cathe warmup, then switch to the other
workout I want to do.....or if I do cardio, say a treadmill or elliptical workout, then afterwards, I will
switch to my blender workouts and do a specific add-on, like kickbox, body part weights, etc. My
add-ons do not have a warmup, but I do end them with a stretch. So much fun!
Whoa, how do you keep track of them all?

So you could create a workout with a warm-up from STS2, an ICE Muscle Meltdown or 2 or 3, then a extended stretch from say PHA3? Or a segment from X10 combined with a segment from Intensity? What's the transition like?

Whoa, how do you keep track of them all?
2 notebooks….each workout title & equipment I need, Time etc….

So you could create a workout with a warm-up from STS2, an ICE Muscle Meltdown or 2 or 3, then a extended stretch from say PHA3? Or a segment from X10 combined with a segment from Intensity? What's the transition like?
Yep, as long as it is a chapter, you can put anything with anything…it just goes to the next chapter you put in…..transitions are what they are…if you’re going to an entirely
different workout it has to switch, but I don’t have any lag…and I have slower Internet.

As a matter of fact, I am getting ready to blend a barbell only workout using STS 2 as
much as I can, but will be pulling chapters from STS 1, RWH, Gym Style workouts,
STS Total Body, High Reps, etc.

2 notebooks….each workout title & equipment I need, Time etc….
I think I will need a notebook too soon. Even with 66 I'm already finding it difficult to keep track of them all.

What's the transition like?
I get a slight pause between chapters as it switches. I hardly notice it now and even less so when transitioning from a chapter to a break. The blender allows you to insert breaks between chapters which is useful as you can insert a water break or time to change equipment. There is a selection of break times available between 5 seconds and 180 seconds. This also helps with the workout time as the total time with all the inserted breaks is shown and eliminates the need to pause the workout.

I've completed my STS2.0 rotation this week by finishing out the Parts phase with the MishMosh #2 Premixes. I prefer the MishMosh premixes over the No Repeats premixes, however, after I thought to add a few sets to some of exercises in the No Repeats premixed, I liked them much more. So I intend to add those in when I re-visit the Phase. If I had On Demand, I could just make my own premixes ... maybe some day :)

Next week I intend to do a deload week with band workouts ... I really enjoyed the band exercises in STS2.0.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.