Reviews for Body Parts in STS2.0?

Just finished Chest, and right now my chest feels like I'm walking around like a puffed-up body builder. :p

This was definitely challenging with the right weights. I hit failure several times through. I was even yelling out final rep counts while trying to get through some of them. ("Ssssssssssiiiiiixxxx!!!!") That combo incline press to close-grip had me actually losing it and laughing my butt off by my last failed rep.

I did the bonuses, too. Again, failure on the drop sets. The flys with hip raises were intense. And that final chest press with the hips raised? I don't know HOW Cathe was able to do that with 30# weights! I barely managed it with 17.5# weights. (Maybe she was technically "fresh" when they filmed those bonus exercises...)

I am definitely going to feel this tomorrow... and probably for the next three or four days.
Good job, Kellyro77!! I did Upper Body 1 today and was struggling with some of the last reps which tells me I am doing the right weights - challenging!!

I did Parts-Legs today & realized I've now done every workout in STS2.0 after finishing Chest yesterday. Once I cycle thru the parts workouts again, I'll have done every workout at least twice, and most more than that. I don't usually do "Parts" workouts .... I like these but don't like not having much time for cardio so I'm thinking of ways to incorporate "parts" instead of shelving them after this rotation is finished in a few weeks. I do plan to play with the premixes the next 2 weeks as I had originally planned (3 days of lifting, maybe 4) to finish out the rotation.

Congrats on getting through all the workouts! I know I was wondering what I'd do after I'm finished with the 12-week rotation and decided to do her XTrain/STS 2.0 rotation next. That's going to add in more cardio, for sure, and keep things interesting, I think. Actually, since I appreciate doing 12-week rotations, the first four weeks before her XTrain rotation, I'm going to do the following:

(Sorry, the image says 12-week, but it only shows the first 4 weeks - the remaining 8 weeks follows the XTrain rotation in the guide.)
1690327116511.png

Congrats on getting through all the workouts! I know I was wondering what I'd do after I'm finished with the 12-week rotation and decided to do her XTrain/STS 2.0 rotation next. That's going to add in more cardio, for sure, and keep things interesting, I think. Actually, since I appreciate doing 12-week rotations, the first four weeks before her XTrain rotation, I'm going to do the following:

(Sorry, the image says 12-week, but it only shows the first 4 weeks - the remaining 8 weeks follows the XTrain rotation in the guide.)
View attachment 8588
Ooooo, this looks really good!

View attachment 8588
Good job! Nice way to mix things up!

I'm officially now part of the "done every STS 2.0 workout" club - finished Triceps today. I think triceps are probably my least favorite body part to work... likely because they need the work!

I appreciated all the variation in the workout, though, and that, aside from the warmup, there weren't any double arm overhead extensions with heavy weights. My shoulders always burn out on me on those. I suppose if you don't have bands you might have done them later in the workout, but I used the band options when presented. Those pushdowns were really tough. Glad tomorrow's a recovery day since my biceps are still barking from yesterday and even my chest is still a bit tight from Chest.

I am starting to be a little more concerned about the lack of cardio now that I'm into the BP-exclusive portion of the 12-week rotation, but I'm going to trust what Cathe wrote in a newsletter maybe a month or so ago about being willing to try something new.

I'm definitely feeling like I'm getting results, however, I can tell my clothing is fitting a bit better. The muffin-top is disappearing haha. But I also have to attribute that to buckling down on my eating.

Tomorrow's my birthday, though, and I'm going to enjoy some Cold Stone ice cream. :)

I have also done all the workouts, and bonus, once, or twice. I didn't do cardio until week 4 of the 8 week rotation and I added only short cardio, ICE Low Impact Sweat, for example.
I really enjoy the flow of the rotation. I love two days of weights followed by one recovery (with a bit of cardio).
My muscles are more defined now. I have been able to increase weights on lunges. Overall, I'm loving this series.
I may be traveling in September, so I don’t know what I will do next. I tend towards trying the mishmash body parts premixes, to see how they feel. I'm curious about them. Hoping to put together a STS and STS2.0 rotation for the fall.

I'm officially now part of the "done every STS 2.0 workout" club - finished Triceps today. I think triceps are probably my least favorite body part to work... likely because they need the work!
Congrats on getting through every workout!

I can relate to your statement. Shoulders used to be my least favorite area to work. Then when I read Cathe's User Guide for Xtrain, she said something to the effect that "you're only as strong as your weakest link" and I committed to doing that rear delt bonus regularly . .. made a big difference for me. Now I think my weakest link is chest, so....

I have also done all the workouts, and bonus, once, or twice. I didn't do cardio until week 4 of the 8 week rotation and I added only short cardio, ICE Low Impact Sweat, for example.
I really enjoy the flow of the rotation. I love two days of weights followed by one recovery (with a bit of cardio).
My muscles are more defined now. I have been able to increase weights on lunges. Overall, I'm loving this series.
I may be traveling in September, so I don’t know what I will do next. I tend towards trying the mishmash body parts premixes, to see how they feel. I'm curious about them. Hoping to put together a STS and STS2.0 rotation for the fall.
Next week I'll be trying the various mishmoshes also. That way I can get cardio back in. I think I may be having withdrawal... ha ha ... I'm doing cardio today :D

I appreciated all the variation in the workout, though, and that, aside from the warmup, there weren't any double arm overhead extensions with heavy weights. My shoulders always burn out on me on those. I suppose if you don't have bands you might have done them later in the workout, but I used the band options when presented. Those pushdowns were really tough. Glad tomorrow's a recovery day since my biceps are still barking from yesterday and even my chest is still a bit tight from Chest.

I am starting to be a little more concerned about the lack of cardio now that I'm into the BP-exclusive portion of the 12-week rotation, but I'm going to trust what Cathe wrote in a newsletter maybe a month or so ago about being willing to try something new.

I'm definitely feeling like I'm getting results, however, I can tell my clothing is fitting a bit better. The muffin-top is disappearing haha. But I also have to attribute that to buckling down on my eating.

Tomorrow's my birthday, though, and I'm going to enjoy some Cold Stone ice cream. :)
I also dislike Triceps and that’s the only Body parts workout of STS 2 that I’ve yet to do!!

Happy Birthday!!

Shoulders used to be my least favorite area to work.
Shoulders are still my least favorite area, particularly overhead presses.

I've been doing combination body parts based on the premixes but using the workout manager to shorten them to fit into my workout time. I've made up 2 workouts for each body part combination, so between the two workouts I cover all the exercises. I've still got a few of these to go and then I will have completed all the workouts. At some stage I want to do the body parts workouts separately, but I may go back to the total body or upper/lower body ones first.

I also made a bands only workout using workout manager incorporating most of the band work from STS 2.0 but throwing in a couple of bicep ones from other workouts. I do this using my Pilates springboard and a door anchor. I insert the door anchor through the spring attachment loops on the springboard which are small enough to hold the door anchor. Then I can use my resistance tubing as normal. My springboard is mounted in my spare bedroom at the other end of the house from my living room where I normally work out, so I can do this entire workout in my spare bedroom.

I'm envious of those of you using the workout blender :D - such a cool tool ... I'd probably spend more time crafting workouts than actually doing the workouts ... maybe someday ...:)

It was Back again today. I obviously didn't pay close attention last time, but Cathe's step height for the Gorilla Rows is 8 inches - that worked better but I'll be increasing my weight again next time - the rows seem easier with the rest on the step .. . Also for banded rows, I sat in hero pose and backed up a little - so much easier to grab & control the bands - my anchors are higher than Cathe's too but I'm going to have to add another band ... I have some that clip on so I'll just hook another one up.

I might have to try a kneeling pose, too, Deb, as my arms aren't long enough to quickly grab the bands when the next set is ready to start, which means I have to hold onto them uncomfortably while waiting to start again.

Did Legs again today, this time including the bonus content. My legs were absolutely fried once again after that. I have a really difficult time with the Bulgarian Split Squats - anatomically, my legs just do NOT like them. I tried lowering my step height this time around and still it was uncomfortable. I think I'm going to need to default to static lunges for those. I still really felt it when I did the forward-leaning lunge minus the step, though.

Tomorrow is shoulders again, and then next week I have a scheduled active recovery week. Once again, it's coming up at just the right time, I think!

What are your plans for your week of Active Recovery?
Yoga, walks, rest days. Just so happens I even have a massage scheduled at the end of the week, so that'll contribute, too.

For yoga, I have a bunch of different yoga workouts beyond my Cathe collection. I have all four seasons of Namaste Yoga, and also some workouts from Sarah Ivanhoe. And my work is planning to do some kind of a yoga thing on Tuesday - have no idea what that will be.

View attachment 8588
Now that's good stuff right there. I'm gonna keep that in mind for when I finish my current rotation. I have one more week of upper/lower splits and then I'm going to alternate between the single body parts workouts and the two body parts per day, three days a week premixes. I might even throw in a week of P.volve as my active recovery.

Now that's good stuff right there. I'm gonna keep that in mind for when I finish my current rotation. I have one more week of upper/lower splits and then I'm going to alternate between the single body parts workouts and the two body parts per day, three days a week premixes. I might even throw in a week of P.volve as my active recovery.
So many options with this series ... I've been changing up my rotation from the beginning of June doing the different phases for longer than I originally planned. I've done the Parts for the past 2 weeks. I think for August I'm going to do various premixes for the Parts phase for 4 weeks, then change over to P30 for the 5th week in August. So 3-4 days of lifting in August so I can add back in cardio. Then I'm thinking of doing a variation of the Xtrain/STS2.0 for September and October. Then I'm contemplating doing the older 3-day splits (Pure Strength, Slow & Heavy, Gym Styles & RWH) for November so I can gauge any strength gains... But things can change ... sometimes after seeing Cathe's monthly rotations I change things up. :p

How have you been liking Phase 2 workouts?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.