Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

I just made a yummy Greek spiralized cucumber salad with a little feta cheese (I used less than the recipe called for) olives, and since I did not have the peppers they called for I slivered some slices of red bell pepper. Dressing was lemon juice, olive oil and Italian seasoning. They called for either Greek or Italian. Most greek preparations have cinnamon and nutmeg and I did not want that. I really needed to use the cucumbers my daughter gave me from her garden.

Laurie, I am sorry that things have turned this way for you. Dementia is hard to deal with. I hope that she is better and can get off the meds that are troubling her. I remember my Dad worrying that he had Alzheimer's. He was trying supplements to ward it off. I really think it was just being older because he had no problem quoting scriptures and remembering most things. He would repeat himself a lot but I tend to do that. I think a lot of us worry at times that we have some disease. My daughter always says that she wishes the patients would stay off of the internet. To bad she has to share rooms with others if that ends up concerning her. I bet you are exhausted emotionally. |
So, if I am understanding, your puzzle mats are in the basement and the air mattress is on top? Is there room to lean the air mattress up against a wall or something so you have a small space to workout? I lean the air mattress or cots up against the wall when I have grandchildren spend the night. I do have a twin sofa bed upstairs though but when I have more people that does not work. I just added some memory foam to the sofa bed because I slept up there one night and hurt all over because of the springs popping out. We need to change something.
Could you find some short doable circuits? Maybe something metabolic? That does not require much space. Kettlebell swings do not take up a lot of movement space and can be done between weight segments. Some of Piyo does not take up a lot of room. I have used them in a hotel room before. Just something to help loosen up and maybe combat stress a bit would be good for you.

Today I did Intensity with the bonus boot camp, 70 minutes, heart rate 125 avg. /152 max, 502 calories. I then did X Train Burn Sets Triceps since I do not have the Ice workout with them on it yet, 14 minutes, 65 calories, and I finished with X Train Core #1, 10 minutes, 40 calories. I always forget which of the two core workouts that I do not really like, this one was it. Total time today was 94 minutes, calories burned 607.
Burn Sets Triceps
3 sets triceps push ups
flat bench triceps extensions pair of dumbbells 15#x 10,10,13 TF
one arm kickback 17.5# 10, 10; dropped to 15# last set TF 13 reps
overhead extensions burn set with medium tubing (I used Beach Body b-lines 15# strength tubing)

Good evening,

DH and I went to a museum and a car show this morning. I just got my workout in. I did BB Bulk: Cardio. The intensity was very high, IMO! Had to take it down a notch :) I liked it. I also walked 2 miles.

Diane Sue - your cucumber salad sounds yummy :) I love cucumber salad.
Now it's time to relax. Good night, everyone.

Laura - Jessica Smith youtube workouts don't need a lot of space or a lot of equipments. Plus, her workouts are fun and FREE!

That's it for me today. Good night, everyone.

Blinda, I always thought my calorie burn should have been better on Body Beast cardio. I guess there is quite a long warm up. Anyway, I know there is probably a good after burn. Enjoy your evening.

Diane Sue - my cal burn wasn't that high either, but my HR was up there :) Like you said maybe a good after burn. Enjoy your evening too.

My husband ordered me a Fitbit Blaze for my birthday next month :D I won't get it till late next month but I am excited. I downloaded the app to my Samsung Galaxy S5. I gather everything will work okay. Does anyone know if it works with a tablet?

Good afternoon,

I did Leslie Sansone Walk to the Hits All Time Favorites (3 Miles) = 56 min + P90X3 CVX = 3= min + Body Beast Tempo Back + Biceps = 47 min. Not sure, where I got that energy from this morning :p I had a lot of coffee this morning, lol:D Not sure, I I tackle on PiYo core today? We shall see. I will take it easy for a few hours and relax.

Diane Sue - how exciting about the FitBit :) We have to become friends on Fitbit :) Sorry, I have no idea if or how Fitbit workouts on a tablet? I am pretty sure it works like a computer.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Today is my rest day as usual. I did contemplate working out anyway since I will have 2 days off next weekend for sure. We will be at our family cabin stay for 3 days. I think I may have time for something Saturday morning but I am not sure. If I get up early enough and have the dogs things and our stuff ready to go. It is a 4 hour trip.

Belinda, I downloaded the Fitbit app to my Samsung Galaxy note pro tablet and my S5 phone. I cannot do anything with them though till I get my watch :) I think I can. I also downloaded the manual to look at ahead of time. I saw that you can sync it through the computer as well. Easier I think with Bluetooth ?? I hope I don't need blue tooth for all of it since I have such a hard time getting streaming to work. Sometimes I cannot even get Netflix to load. Don't you use the watch and sync with your devise after you workout??
Is CVX the core cardio workout of P90X3? I like that one all except for starting out with those jacks and weighted overhead presses. I nearly die every time.

Diane Sue - I have the FitBit Flex. I sync on my phone after I am done. CVX is a core cardio. It was harder than I remember, lol. My HR went high on this one. Once you have your fitbit we need to become friends on fitbit, ok :)

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

Amy Dixon Breathless Body 4 Going Strong = 58 min and PiYo Core is done. I also walked 4 miles.

That's it for me today.

Hope you all having a great Monday:) See you tomorrow.

Today, I did another mix from Ice Chiseled Legs. I did mish mosh double it + Blizzard Blast #2 , 99 minutes, 635 calories. am surprised I got that all in. I am tired. I was work up at 4:20 because my dog was having tummy troubles. I have so much to get done this week. Getting ready to leave out for the family cabin trip. I have to go find a birthday present for my daughter and groceries. I guess I am going to the pet sstore to find a different dog food. This is my week to get a thorough house cleaning in. I need energy!! I think I used it all.

Belinda, the Fitbit Blaze arrived today. I am not supposed to open it though till the end of next month when it is my birthday. I am a bit worried because Amazon shipped it in the same box as a heavy faucet that we ordered for the bathroom. I left them some feedback about that. Both items were in their own boxes inside a bigger box so there would still be shuffling and bumping around.

Hello!

Diane Sue- How fun on the new fitbit. My daughter ordered a Fitbit HR with her birthday money and I so so so badly wanted to get one for me. I just have the flex. Records steps and sleep but no HR. My polar watch for tracking my HR died last summer and I haven't replaced. So once my flex dies I'll get the fitbit HR.

Did you see that Cathe's bootcamp workout from IDEA will be available for sale? Watching for that....and the announcement from RT about Cathe's new DVDs. Has anyone here ever gone to a RT? They sound fun but expensive!

I did some Shelly Dose YT workouts Saturday. (Laura you might like her with your compressed workout schedule. Most are 30 min)

This morning I did upper body, chest, back and abs. 4 exercises, 4 rounds 10 reps. A little Muscle Meltdown type idea if you will. Then I followed with 2 of the 10 Minute Torchers; dumbell dynamite and iso inferno.

Doreen, that looks like a nice workout that you put together. No I had not seen that about Cathe's Bootcamp. I came close to going to the very first one. Something came up and I couldn't go. Then the second one my husband was out of country. My dil offered to go with me. I just didn't want to at the time. Then it just did not look as fun to me anymore. I look at all of the pictures and everything. They always seem a long way from Oklahoma and yes, they are very expensive. The first one, I would have met quite a few people that I talked to on the forums which would have been more fun. I rarely just up and spend the money on the gadgets like the HR monitors. My FT60 that I use the most of the time I purchased for 240 dollars with money from a birthday. That Bluetooth one was another with gift money and was only 57 dollars. I have to fight with that one. When it works right it is great. I guess I did for the one Polar I never use. My one Polar's battery went dead and it was one you had to mail away to get a battery change. I was at my daughter's waiting for our house and everything else was packed so I ordered the FT 7. I do not like that one. I get about half the calorie burns on it and I have to work very hard to get it to show much of a heartrate. It is way off.

So I didn't sleep well last night and only made it through 35 minutes of X10 before deciding I was resting more than working out and I should quit! I was at the elementary school and some friendly deer happened across the playground. I took a picture and I'll upload if I can figure out how.

I saw the link in another thread on the IDEA Cathe workout. $34 for a DVD seems a bit much.... so I'll hold off on that. I could get a couple months of Cathe live for that price!

And... I saw Woot.com has refurbushed fitbits on today's deal! I may order the Charge HR one. I'll drop it in my cart and see what I think by the end of the day!
b7b36c6204d6fc7b5da614749dd0196a.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning,

U-FIT Ultra Burn - Calorie crushing cardio w/Cindy Whitmarsh and XTRAIN Bi + Triceps premix #3 is done.

Doreen - that's a tough workout without a good night sleep :) I agree, about the new Cathe dvd :( It's probably a 60 min dvd for $34 :D The 3 (30 min each) dvd that she sells with her new tower is $56:rolleyes: LOL! My DD bought a refurbished Fitbit from Groupon, it only lasted 2 month :(

Diane Sue - have fun with your workout.

I will be back tomorrow.

Today I did Ice Bootcamp Circuit premix upper and abs only, 28 minutes, 103 calories. I then did Ice Chiseled Upper Body 43 minutes, 149 calories. This seemed pretty low for me going heavy and the time length. I finished off with the Muscle Meltdown shoulders from Ice Lower Body Blast, 18 minutes, 69 calories. I think my shoulders were pretty well worked by the time I was done with all of this. Total time was 89 minutes and calories burned 316. I listed the weights used but, skipped the Bootcamp circuit weighs which were similar to Upper body.
Muscle Meltdown shoulders
12 reps each exercises giant sets of 5 exercises
overhead press 15's x12 reps
upright row 15's x 12 reps
standing side lateral raise 8's x 12 reps
front raise 15# x 12 reps
rear delt on ball 8# 12 reps right then 12 reps left
same for all 3 rounds except I raise the weights to 10's on the final side lateral raise
Chiseled upper body
swinging military press 8's
triple dead row/ upright row/ shrug 12's#
windmills 8's# 8 right 8 left
hammer curl/ clutch curl 12's#
overhead press/overhead extension 10's# 8 reps
forward tilt bent arm lateral raise 10's 12 reps and 6 reps
rotational rows 15's # 2 sets 16 reps
discus throw 5# left then right 2 sets
3 curls/1 press 10's
triceps push ups with leg lift body weight 12,8,4
chest fly with leg extension 12's# 16, 12 reps
pull over extensions (1 arm a leg) 10's # 16 reps right 16 reps left 8 reps both
bear crawl plank walks bodyweight
high plank descents bodyweight 12reps
high plank descents wide arm bodyweight 8 reps and hold
knee push ups bodyweight

Doreen, that is quite a bit of money for that workout. That reminds me of how much vhs workouts were when I first started buying the Firm workouts. And then Cathe's were up there at the beginning of the dvds. I was pleased when they started coming down in price. The only thing that I have ever got that was refurbished was a Kirby vacuum and an Ionic Breeze. Both lasted for years but I wonder how they refurbish digital and Bluetooth devices? I am tired again today. I think I had more energy than I had this morning and I could not seem to get much of a calorie burn with the weights. All of the numbers came out lower than they generally are on My Fitness Pal. I am having a hard time registering the extended warranty that we purchased for the Fit Bit Blaze. My husband let me take it out of the box and set it up so I could get whatever numbers I needed or information for the warranty. I charged it up while I was at it and then shut it down. I set up the Fit Bit account too;) It was picking up my heartrate while I was just holding it in my hands. I also wanted to make sure it worked after them shipping it with the heavy bath faucet. Anyway, it is tucked back in it's box on my husband's table.

Belinda, nice work today.

Hello ladies, so mom was able to finally lie still for the mri, hope to have the results back in the next couple of days. On wait there. My parents were planning on checking out of the facility again, and I had to convince them to stay until we get these results back.

I haven't brought up that at this same time (it has been crashing down on us and feel bad even saying what we are going through) we are dealing with my mother in law. She is in her 90's and her dementia has gotten really really bad. She lives in Florida. DH's brother and cousin live there. She calls everyone at all hours because she doesn't know where she is, where we are, she calls the cops out to her house for things she sees on tv, etc.

They have been taking her around to assisted living facilities after we finally convinced her she could no longer live on her own. They have found a place and will be moving her in tomorrow. We will need to sell her house and furniture.

Good job on workouts everyone. I'm cheering you on from the sidelines.

We had a shooting in my neighborhood (only 3 houses from mine) :) A 21 year old male got shot :( His brother (15 year)ask my farmer lady for help, I belong to a Co op and she delivers my produce on Tuesday. We had police everywhere looking for the shooter.The driver turned himself in after the shooting. I am still in shock :) I never imagine this could happen in my neighborhood. I live in the country :)

Belinda, I'm so sorry to hear about the shooting. Is the person who was shot going to make to be okay? From your post, the driver was the shooter? The shooter is in custody?

My thought and prayers are with you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.