Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Diane Sue, about 10 years ago I moved my parents from the multi level house that I grew up in to a condo unit where most of the residents are elderly. All the condos are like ranch houses. I chose all the options when we had it built and I put in grab bars, high toilets, high countertops. Made everything slip proof. There are no stairs. We have a cleaning lady come in to take care of the house and she even does washing and things like changing bed linens. Unfortunately, she just had a baby and won't be coming back until August. Until then, I'll also be doing the cleaning. Since my brother passed away, a lot more has fallen on me. Thanks for the prayers.

Doreen, that is impressive weight. I will never get that high with my back issues. If I can get to 40 or 50, I will be happy. The bar I am looking at is also 11 lbs.

Great jobs on the workouts.

Hi girls,

I did Cathe's ICE Rock'n & Sock'n Kickboxing Basic Premix: #6 Warm Up + Main Routine + Blizzard Blast + Muscle Meltdown - Triceps + Icy Core 1 + Stretch - 86:54 + LS A Closer 2 mile walk.

Have a great Saturday and weekend, everyone.

Today I did we took a slow walk. About 2 mph. for 26 minutes. I only got 65 calories out of it so it really did not count for much. I had a hard time getting my HR up today. I did Dirty Thirty Extreme, 32 minutes, 165 calories, HR 106 avg/ 128 max. I used 10's for most of it but used 3's and 5's for a couple of the light things that were hard on my shoulders. I then did Ice Bootcamp Circuit, 45 minutes, 114 avg/140 max HR. , 270 calories. Total time was 1 hr 43 minutes 499 calories. Minus the walk it was 77 minutes, 435. I made a chocolate pudding dessert for tomorrow and still need to make my rhubarb cobbler. I think I am going to make a small Paleo friendly cobbler as well.

Laura, that is wonderful that you have taken care of your parents like that. We are in condos that have a lot of elderly people. That is why our pools are not usually busy. Grandparents take their grandchildren. I see an awful lot of ambulances though. We ware probably some of the younger people here. Most of the condos do not have more than two bedrooms. Unfortunately we have a spiral staircase. My husband mentioned that we may not be able to stay here when we are older. He said I would have a hard time getting upstairs to workout. I said if I am still working out I shouldn't have a problem. Besides upstairs is a sort of game room and the spare bedroom (my workout room) and second bath. We could live downstairs. I am praying things go well. Too bad the housekeeper had to leave for awhile.

Belinda, does Rock em sock em blizzard blast have kickboxing moves? It sort of seemed that the blizzard blasts on my other two sort of went with the theme of the workouts.

Today I took a good long walk with DH and then spent the day going to yard sales. Got some great deals. On the next street over, a woman worked for Wilton (their headquarters are the next suburb over). She had all these Wilton pans, cookie sheets, racks, etc. brand new. I got over 25 items for $30. Will clean out some of the old stuff to donate.

Diane Sue, I hope you will be great in your condo for years to come. When I got firm with my parents about moving, my Mom was just starting to lose her eyesight. Her sister was already legally blind. I had a feeling that Mom would be too. They had really narrow stairs going into the basement, and the washer and dryer were down there. I had nightmares about Mom falling down those steps and not being found for hours since Dad was already deaf. Mom really did not want to move. Now she couldn't be happier. She tells me at least once a week about happy she is with this or that.

DH is experiencing vertigo. This morning it was pretty good and then tonight it started up pretty bad again. I hate to leave him when he is not doing well. I may have to put my foot down on Monday about seeing the doctor, just to make sure he doesn't have an ear infection or anything like that. And trust me, getting that man to a doctor is no easy task.

Once again good workouts everyone. Have a great weekend.

Laura, I lost my Dad because he fell on the stairs and hit his head. He had a brain bleed and by the time they were able to get his blood right to do surgery it was not a good thing. He was in a coma for 3 months. He was 85. He had an upstairs house and terribly steep steps down into the basement. He had the laundry in the basement too. Also that is where he chose to shower since he had a sink and shower down there. He slept upstairs. He has been gone almost two years now. I wish he did not stay there alone. When we purchased our last home we had set up a room for him and everything trying to convince him to come and stay with us. His second wife passed away having surgery. She knew she might not make it because her heart was not strong but she was having a hard time breathing. She stayed downstairs the last couple of years. My mother has been gone for over 20 years now from als. I think what you did is wonderful. I can never get my husband to go to the doctor. He has to feel near death and desparate and I still have to push to get him there. He will try to get me to call and get help without him going in. Of course that does not work. Maybe if you let your husband know it will make you feel more at ease leaving if he will go for you.

Diane Sue, I am terribly sorry to hear about your parents. It is heartbreaking. You have my deepest sympathies.

I think I am going to play the stress card with DH. Explain to him that with the stress of my Mom that I just can't be worried about him being alone with this vertigo at the same time. I also think I will call first thing in the morning and just make the appointment and present it to him already done. Sometimes it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Again, my heartfelt sympathies.

Reactions: WD
Laura, that sounds like a good plan :)

Rest day for me today. The family all just left and we got things put back together here.

Hey girls,

Rest day for me today too :)

Laura - great plan.

Diane Sue - glad you had fun today. My family left not to long ago.

Time to relax!

Mom is out of surgery/recovery and is doing well. The surgeon said he had to make the one leg a little bit longer to get it tight, but he hopes it is slight enough she can't really tell. We will see. Hoping for release tomorrow.

DH has not had any vertigo yesterday or today. I guess threats work.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Good afternoon,

I walked 10 miles today and did PiYo: ACCELERATED WORKOUTS: Strong Legs. The Strong Legs was under 26 min and used discs.

Laura - glad your mom is out of surgery and doing well. Sending her quick healing vibes.

Good job, girls. I will be back tomorrow.

Today I wanted to do some kettlebell work. I started out with the warm up from P90X2 PAP lower, 15 minutes, 48 calories. I then did Kelly Coffey Strength and Stamina Lower Body Time Crunch with swings, 24 minutes, 150 calories, HR 117 avg./ 147 max. I then did Kelly's SLim Sculpting, lower and swings mix, 39 minutes, HR 125 avg/148 max, 280 calories. I added on Lauren Brooks ultimate body sculpt and conditioning with kettlebells vol. 3 lower workout segment 14 minutes, 81 calories. Since there was not a stretch segment listed I did the stretch from Amy Ross kettlebell Power 6 minutes. I added some stretches for the forearms because they get sore when I have not done kettlebells for awhile. Total workout was 1 hour 46 minutes and calories 574. I was digging through my workouts and got out my notebooks so I can look at some of the moves so I can see what I want to put together.. I won't do a kettlebell workout again this week until Friday or Saturday. I have my grandson 3 days this week and there is not kettlebell swinging with young children coming into the room. I have to chase the dog out.

Laura, I will be praying for a speedy recovery and that all is well. No vertigo now ;) Nice work.

Belinda, I really like the gliding disc work on Piyo. I like both of those extra workouts and the abs/core.

Today I did Hard Strikes mix no drills, 35 minutes, 114 avg./151 max heart rate, 210 calories. I then did Ice Upper Body, 42 minutes, 171 calories. Total time 77 minutes, 381 calories. I wanted to do abs too but, I had my grandson come to clean and wax my car and my 5 year old grandson here so I quit there. Boy was my legs and glutes sore when I got up and went upstairs this morning. Once I was up and moving it felt better though. Maybe my kettle bell lower workout should have been a bit shorter :)
Ice Upper Body I can never seem to get the actual count down on reps when I do this.
swinging military press 8# 12 reps
triple dead row/triple upright row/ shrug 12's#
windmills 5's# 8 left 8 right
Hammer Curl/clutch curl 12's# I think this one was 8 reps then 8 both
overhead press/overhead extension 10's#
forward tilt bent arm lateral raise 10's# 2 sets 12 reps, 6 reps
rotational rows 2 sets 12's# 16 reps, 16 reps
discus throw 5# 2 sets 12 reps right and left
3 curls /1 press 10's
triceps push up with leg lift 3 sets 12/8/4 reps
rear delt raise with leg extension 5# 2 sets 12 reps right then left
chest fly with leg extension 2 sets 12's 16, 12 reps
pullover extensions 8's3 sets 16, 16,8reps
bear crawl plank walks BW
high plank descents BW 12 reps
high plank descents wide arm 8 reps and hold

Laura, how is your Mom? Did they release her yet?

Belinda, are you working your way through all of the Piyo workouts?

Good afternoon,

Today I did CharLean Extreme Fat Burn Challenge ( Upgrade dvd's) + CharLean Extreme Phase 3 Lean Circuit#1 and CXT Extreme Abs= 17 min.

Last week was my best week with dvd's DONE :D I did a total of 10 dvd's, not bad for a week.

Diane Sue - yes, I am working myself through all the PiYo and CharLean Extreme workouts. I went through some boxes in my basement and found all the CXT Deluxe dvd's :D I almost forgot about them, lol :) As always great job on your workouts.

Laura - how is your mom doing? Hope she recovers quickly :)

I am done for today. Tomorrow morning I have a doc appointment. I will not check in until late afternoon. Have a great day and workout, everyone.

I've been up since midnight. Mom is still in the hospital. She's having problems. Since the surgery she is still not able to go to the bathroom. They tried taking out the catheter and then she wet the bed all over. So, she still has no control over her bladder. They then did some scan on her bladder that showed that she still had a bunch of fluid in her bladder after she wet the bed. This has them very concerned. They are scheduling an appointment with a urologist for the next available (we won't know when that is until tomorrow). They feel that she may come home tomorrow, but still have to have a catheter. This means that my Dad and I have to be trained on how to empty the bags, and on maintaining and cleaning. My Dad is not handling any of this well. I got some training today on how to help get her up and down from chairs and beds. Mom keeps putting off getting her pain meds until she is in agony. She doesn't want to ask for them since it upsets her stomach a little. Then the pain becomes unbearable and she is moving around and doing things that she is not supposed to be doing and getting the nurses upset. My Dad is getting upset with the nurses and I keep telling him to cool down, that they are just the messengers and since they are not telling him what he wants to hear that is why he is getting upset with them. Don't shoot the messengers. Pretty much at this point, the nurses are directing things to me since Mom and Dad are getting upset and cranky. I'm past exhaustion. They gave me pages of literature on the catheter stuff that I need to read over to be able to ask questions and get the training that we need to do tomorrow. They are going to try one more time tomorrow morning about removing the catheter again and then we have to wait up to to six hours to see what happens. It's going to be a very very long day tomorrow.

Thank you both for your well wishes. Any prayers would be appreciated. And my back is absolutely killing me today. Too many hours in hospital chairs. Ugh.

Great Workouts today.

Laura, I am so sorry things are not going well. I will be praying for your parents and you.

Today I did Low Impact Circuit cardio only mix, 48 minutes, hr. 115 avg. /143 max, 290 calories. I then did some of Abs Circuits, weights and plates followed by med ball abs no partner and adding 3 sets of 10 barbell roll outs using a 45 # barbell, 34 minutes, 130 calories. I used a 15# medicine ball for most of the med ball portion dropping to 10# for a couple of moves. 420 calories, 83 minutes.

Good afternoon,

This morning I did LS Walk your Belly Fat 3 miles = 53 min and after my doc appointment I did Bodystrikes V1 w/ Ilaria Montanan = 44 min.

My husband surprised me this morning, he wants to go to NY for a few day's :D We are leaving tomorrow, we will be back Monday. Not sure, how many workouts I will get in? I will bring a few shorter dvd's.

Laura - I am so sorry about your mom. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Diane Sue - good job today. That ab circuit is tough.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

Thanks everyone for your prayers. My mom is so much better today. They tried her off the catheter today, and everything was fine. They still want her to follow up with an urologist which we will do. Her mobility is very good today. She was discharged this afternoon and has been doing fine around the house with the walker. Her pain is manageable. I'm exhausted as she called me at 1:30 in the morning confused and I've been up every since. I cleaned their house and rearranged their furniture to accommodate the walker. For some reason, she is not sleeping. She keeps getting up every 15 minutes to wander around the house, which means I'm getting up every 15 minutes. I've begged her to stay in bed for a bit so I can try to get a little sleep now.

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

Good morning,

CharLean Extreme Phase 3 Lean Circuit #2 is done :)

Thanks girls! Not sure, if we are going today? We having lots of thunderstorms/lightning since yesterday. DD can't come until late tonight, she is in class all day. I can't leave my dog Brawler alone :( Last time we left him and it was thunderstorm....he tore up my carpets. He gets so scared, he goes crazy :p We shall see.

Laura - glad your mom is doing better :) Sending her my best!

I will be back later. Have a great day and workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.