Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

I am back! Needed a stretch, my muscles are tight. Couldn't decide on a workout, so I pulled out The Trainer's Edge: Long and Lean Yoga. Haven't done that one in years simply....because it super tough! :). I will pull all the other Trainer Edge soon.

Just finished today's workout. I did a premix of Intensity followed by Low Max. I'm thinking that tomorrow I'll do parts of a Fit tower workout and something else. Now that my knee is rehabbing well (I've been able to get up and down stairs with no problems for the last two weeks - yeah), I'm going to use those more. Sleep was back to the normal pattern last night. Slept for 3 hours, up for 4 hours, slept for 2. Had a doctors appt. today and have blood work to do on Thursday. DH's blood pressure is borderline high. He actually blamed my meals (which it is not). I told him he needs to cut out all of the fast food and processed food he eats during the week. Blaming my cooking, the nerve!!!!! The man thinks that a large pepperoni pizza feeds one person - him. He eats the whole blasted thing. His metabolism is amazing, but it's catching up with him in his blood pressure and cholesterol.

Belinda, I should pull out TF more. Somehow, all my beachbody workouts don't get done as much.

Doreen, I agree that a lot of doctors push meds too easily. And on top of that, they don't ever solve your problem. They often make it worse.

Diane Sue, I have unfortunately known several extended family members who have seen psychiatrists and it never seemed to do them any good. As far as I could tell, they saw them to get more drugs. That was it.

Great workouts everyone.

Laura - glad you got some sleep last night and your knees are feeling better. I hope your husband high blood pressure goes down soon, I am sure once he cuts out all the not so healthy food. You should pull out TF, they are so much fun. I forget all about the dvd's I own, lol. Good job with your workouts today.

Today I did Cathe's Ice Metabolic Total Body + Blizzard Blast, 62 minutes, 353 calories. I also did X Train Abs #1, 11 minutes, 33 calories. Total time 73 minutes, 386 calories. I went to my daughter's and I made Dog treats with the grandchildren for their dog Muffin. The 3 year old kept playing with his piece of dough and eating it along with rolling it and periodically cutting a dog bone shape, He used it like it was a piece of Playdoh. It was peanut butter treats so couldn't hurt. It was a pleasant afternoon. I went a bit heavier than Cathe on most of the moves today , but didn't want to go to heavy as I plan on doing X Train all out low impact Hiit tomottow, Pyramid Upper Thursday, Hard Strikes Friday, and X Train Cardio Legs Saturday. Next week I will be incorporating the X Train weight workouts. Burn Sets for upper body and Legs and I am not sure what the total body workout will be Monday yet. I like how last months rotation hit the body parts twice in the week.

Belinda, the Fit tower workouts are harder than you would think . I do go heavier on the Total Body weight one. I really like the lower mix on that one. The premixes tend to do multiple sets of a couple of moves. I add ankle weights to the Legs, glutes, and core one. The two abs workouts are good as well. I think I did a mix of the two before. I just don't feel the Boot Camp cardio factor feels as hard as doing one of the others with weights and more activity. There is jumping though.

Doreen, I think there has been a lot of push by drug companies and drug reps in the past for their product use. It seems there is more stuff out there encouraging us to be responsible for our own health more and ways to do home treatments before we have to hit the doctor and meds. I know meds have there place, I just feel they are used to quickly.

Diane Sue - I am glad you like the Fit Tower dvd's. I only done the Boot Camp, never open the other two, lol. Now, I really have to give them a try. Glad you had a pleasant afternoon with your daughter and grandchildren. Good job on your workouts today.

Reactions: WD
Good afternoon all. This morning I did RWH Chest Shoulders, Tris with the 4 rounds. I love that extra round (and hate it too).

Bad sleep night last night and my energy level is really low. I did the Fit Tower Boot Camp with Bonus Abs workout today. I enjoyed it. The pulls ups triggered the carpal tunnel in my right hand, but I was able to shake it off quickly.

My new HR strap finally came and it seems to be working fine. I don't think my older one was always registering, I would look down sometimes and my HR would be zero for a second or two before it picked back up. I got a better burn than I was anticipating on the boot camp workout.

Fasting tonight for blood work tomorrow.

Great job on workouts everyone. Have a great day.

Today I did X Train ALL Out Low Impact Hiit , 40 minutes, heart rate average 137, max 162, 280 calories, followed by Ice Low Impact Sweat Blizzard Blast, 13 minutes, average heart rate 139-max 159, 106 calories, 1,017 steps. I wanted some stretching so I did Kelly Coffey's Body Design Yoga Flow, 13 minutes, 34 calories. Total time was 65 minutes, 420 calories. Today I s our family evening dinner at my house. I am making spaghetti and will either use some spaghetti squash I have in the freezer for myself or just eat salad. I am not a real fan of tomato based sauce on spaghetti squash. This was last minute,since we didn't do this during the summer vacation months. I just chose something easy and that I had most of the ingredients for. I also mixed up some Nutella chocolate chip cookies for company :)

Doreen, I like doing the 4 set mix, but am always struggling a bit through the 4th round when I put my all into heavy lifting on the first 3 sets.

Laura, sorry about the sleep. I am glad the strap seems to be working. My Polar watches were always dropping to zero then off and up to over 220 at times. It really was frustrating. Fit Bit does not give me much of a heart rate and calorie burn a lot of the time, but at least it is pretty even on the heart rate and doesn't drop to nothing or go off to some crazy number. I can work with it.

Hi everyone,

Today I did Your Body Breakthru Rockin' Body Cardio Jam - Michelle Dozois - 1. 30-MINUTE EXPRESS. There is another 51 min cardio on that dvd, wasn't in the mood to work that hard today. The express was a lot of fun.

Diane Sue - good job today.

Laura - hope your hand is ok. Good job on the BC workout.

Doreen - glad you enjoy the program. I will check into it once I am done with my rotation. Good job as well

Good job, everyone on your workouts. I will be back tomorrow.

Reactions: WD
Belinda, I know some days I just don't feeling like pushing that hard. Nice work.

I am interested in Kelly Coffey's Boxed set she is working on. Build and Burn. Her niece is doing the nutrition end of it.

I'll have to check out Kelly's new set. I hadn't heard about it.

This morning was supposed to be RWH Legs but at the last second I popped in RWH Low impact 2 instead. Then I followed with X10 low impact. I guess I was just dreading "leg day" this week.

Today was Low Impact Circuit followed by 4DS LIS.

Doreen, besides the KCM set, she is also going to have a youtube channel subscription for $10 a month for her RAW workouts (in her basement). I most often dread leg day too.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi everyone.

Today I did Kathy Smith - Cardio Knockout "Kickboxing Workout". Very fun kickboxing workout. There is another Aerobox workout and Tai Chi Energizer Workout on the same dvd, which I will do soon.

Good job on your workouts, girls!

Have a great day and workout everyone.

Laura, I saw that she was doing the YouTube channel raw workouts too. I like the workouts she has done on it.

Doreen, Kelly Coffey has been posting on her upcoming workouts and some pictures of them practicing on facebook and I think Instagram. She showed a picture of her niece when she was talking about her and the nutrition plan.

Belinda, I have not done a Kathy Smith workout in years.

Thanks Diane Sue - I had gone to her website but didn't see anything. Her subscription might actually be worth it if she's putting premixes on it since I only have 2 of her DVDs. Would be a good way to check them all out without buying a bunch more DVDs.

So me again. Since I had been browsing Kelly I decided to do her Raw wo this am. I did legs and glutes and the the last 15 of lower body blast. Great stuff! I'm going to have to do them again with a heavier weight so like Kelly I felt a little light.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Today's workout was Hardstrikes, 47 minutes, 332 calories, heart rate average 125, max 164, 4,236 steps. I have my 3 year old grandson here today so that is all I will do.

Doreen, I went a bit heavier than Kelly on those. Sometimes though, you don't know what you are in for and heavier is too much :) The last one I did was the 8 one. I can't remember the exact name. It was a great one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.