Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hi everyone,

Today I did Rapid Fire 3 with Susan Chung. I can't remember the last time I did that one. Very fun workout.

Laura - WOW, on that boxing combo today. How long was it? WTG, girl!

Doreen - that app sounds interesting. I will check it out this weekend. Glad you enjoyed your walk today. It's been raining since yesterday.

Diane Sue - I love STS, so far I am not bored. Each disc is different, except the Squat Rack legs. Good job with your workouts.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great evening.

Today I started with the step portion of Intensity followed by Low Max.

Belinda, it was somewhere around 95-100 minutes. The last 30 was the heavy bag on meltdown, I was completely drenched by the end.

Have a safe and happy weekend everyone.

Hi again,

Walked 5 miles this morning. Just finished Mobility RX - Workout 1 w/Mark Lauren. I thought it was a stretching workout, it was more like a bodyweight workout. I was sweating my butt off :( Not really a stretch,lol.

I am gonna relax now. I am still sweating, lol.

Belinda, I really have fun with the Rapid Fire workouts. Susan is good with these. I have done that, thinking I was going to get in a good stretch and it ends up being something else. Suzanne Bowen's power stretch on her stretch and strength dvd feels a bit more like some strength stuff built in. I like it, but if I already have sore legs it does not help them very much.

Laura, that was some workout. You must have felt energetic to keep going and finish out with the heavy bag. I really do like that heavy bag workout. I need to incorporate it somewhere again.

Good morning,

STS D34 is done. I am up 10# from my last round of STS. I would say I am stronger than 5% :)

Diane Sue - I forgot how much I really like Rapid Fire. The boxing moves were fun, the Tabata boxing section was fun as well, different from other instructors. I also enjoyed the upper body weight section. I will work my way through the premixes, there are like 13 mixes. There is also a heavy bag segment , can't wait to give that one a whirl. And of course, I will do pull out her other workouts to mix it up. I have the SB stretch dvd, still in shrink wrap. Should open it, lol! I did her SBF streaming for a year, when she added a stretch segment I was like " that is not a stretch". It felt like a upper body workout with all the planks and down dogs.

That's it for me today. BBL!!

Today I did a blender mix of MTB with segments of ICE Sweat and RWH LI mixed in. My HR has been really down the last several days.

Belinda, great job on the weights. That is quite an accomplishment!

Diane Sue, when my back is doing good, straight boxing is my favorite. I really find it a great stress relief to put on the gloves and hit the bag. And I'm really glad you told me about Meltdown. Somehow I missed that there was a heavy bag segment on it (and a long one at that).

Hope everyone has a great day.

Today I just did Total Body Giant sets which is my my rotation for today. No extras. This was 53 minutes, 286 calories. I used the calorie burn that I came up with my calorie calculater and map my fitness . My Fit Bit Blaze seems off a lot lately and right now my sleep tracker is not fully functional. It gives the time awake and asleep but quit the time in rem, deep, and light with percentages. It gave me 131 calories. I don't get it sometimes. The battery is fully charged. I tried shutting it all down and rebooting it. I read that there are others having the problem with the sleep function lately. I am wondering if they are messing with things for the new Fit Bit coming out and will have to update with fixes. I did not heavy up much on the workout today as I have Ripped with Hiit weights this week and tomorrow is legs.

Belinda, the Suzanne Bowen stretch workout is actually stretch on disc 2 but disc 1 with the Advanced Active stretch and Power Stretch have some strength to them. They are also longer stretches at around 24 to 28 minutes for disc 1. Nice work on the strength gains. I recently pulled out all 4 of my Rapid Fire dvds. I had not done the 4th one much because I purchased it around the time of knee surgery. I really enjoy her heavy bag work. I am going over the workouts for this week. I have my grandson 3 here for awhile Friday and my daughter will come over and wait for my granddaughter to get done with her activity. I need to get done early both Friday and then Saturday because we are going on a poker run motorcycle ride with my son in laws parents. They are meeting at our home at 8 a.m. This is the last week of this rotation and I really am hoping to fit it all in.

Laura, that is a nice mix again today. I knew when Kelly started filming the workouts that there was going to be a heavy bag one. I totally forgot about it though till I purchased it and was really happy about that one. I think it is a fun heavy bag workout.

Good morning,

ASAP Hollywood Hardball w/Paul Katami is done. Nice change of base and very fun.

Diane Sue - thanks for mention Rapid Fire and SBF stretch. I will pull those out and work myself through them. I remember when I signed up for SBF streaming, her active stretches are not really stretches. They felt more like body weight workouts.
I will be back later. Sounds like you have a fulfilled week planned. Hope you having great weather for that run.

Laura - thank you! I am happy I can lift heavy again without my back or foot bordering me. I did had a few scares on my back :) Good job yesterday.

I will be back later.

Today I did Low Impact Circuit Lower Body followed by 4DS LIS.

Have tons to get done this week and next between doctors and Mom. Will just have to fit in workouts when I can. I'm bringing my DH with me this time to mom since my back has gone out for several days each time lately. Just have too much to do.

Have a great day and great workouts everyone.

Today's workout was Ripped with Hiit Legs, 42 minutes, 265 calories, heart rate 120 average, 159 max. That is all I did because I wanted to clean floors and go with my daughter and grandchildren to the library. The youngest had a play and story time and we checked out books and came back to have lunch together. My legs were still sore from yesterday's Total Body Giant set so some exercises I did not go heavier on. Tomorrow is an upper workout so my legs can get a rest other than I may add a bit of cardio on to it. I found a post on the Fit Bit communities by the Fit Bit staff and they are working on the problem. They say it is not everyone's Fit Bit, but it is them and a bug that is in their system that they are working on. I wondered if it was something they did trying to get ready to launch their new Fit Bit that they are taking pre-orders for. There was over 400 complaints on their community site for the same thing.
Weights today
squats 20's x 24 reps/ squat digs
plie squats 35# x 16 reps/ plie jacks
static lunge right side 25's x 16 reps/ split jumps 24 reps
static lunge left side 25's/ split jumps 24 reps
squats 25's x 24 reps /pop squats 24 reps Cathe's counts I count 32?? maybe I am doing it different
plie squats 40# x 16 reps / narrow plie touch down jacks 24 reps
wood chop side lunge 10# x 24 reps
explosive side lunge 12# by 20 reps
cross back lunge 15# X 40 reps/ lateral skates 32 reps
low pulse lunges 20# x 20 reps/power circle scissors 32 reps
dead lift 30's x 16 reps/ snow angel jacks 20 reps
Dead lift wide stance 30's x 16 reps /frog jumps and quarter turns 10
walking lunges 15's 24 / scissor, squat wide tuck jumps

Belinda, I bet it was fun doing something different. I like just having a fun workout. I think the SBF stretch workouts on disc 1 are a good addition to a lower body workout that is not too long. More like barre work and stretch together.

Laura, that is good that you are taking your husband with you this time. I know preparation and shopping to go take care of your mother has to require extra time from you.

Good morning,

STS D40 Squat Rack legs is done.

Diane Sue - the workout was very different and very fun yesterday. Even my husband liked the change of base. I will pull out SBF stretch D1 today. Need to get a good stretch in. I am not in the mood for Mark Lauren today, lol. Your weights are impressive. Good job yesterday.

Laura - I agree, about taking your husband with you this time. He will be a big help with everything you are dealing with. Good job yesterday.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

BBL!

Belinda- Hollywood hardball is a fun one! And harder than you might initially think!

So I have to confess - I am such an idot. I was searching around for other options on treadmill workout videos after I found the earlier app and decided to try ifit's service. What a waste of $15! I can't get the videos to play on my tablet without it trying to link to a bluetooth treadmill - I guess I missed that in the info - but mine is so old bluetooth wasn't invented so it certainly doesn't do that. There are workout videos too, kickbox, yoga, Hiit, etc. I tried one of the kickbox workouts this morning - I shut it off after 10 min. The music was amazing - but the trainer was a dud and it was so slow. Every punch was followed by a 4 second hold. And she even messed up that slow count. So I don't have high hopes for the rest of the workout videos and pretty much my $15 is wasted. I do have a ticket into support to ask about the treadmill workouts but guessing its a no-go.

Anyway- I ended up putting in Amy Bento's Kickbox and Surge for a great kickbox workout!!

No sleep last night. Today I did a blender workout of S&S Bootcamp, ICE Bootcamp, S&S Cardio Slam, and ICE Sweat 2. I threw in some blizzard blasts as well. Tomorrow will be an off day. I have a full day of tests followed by the consultation with the doctor. Fingers crossed.

Diane Sue, I'm glad FitBit posted something so you at least know it's not just you. I just had to order a new chest strap for my HRM. I don't know if its getting glitchy, my heart rate is really down for the last week. Which could just be me since my blood pressure is also low. However, for some reason the strap keeps cutting into my skin. I've adjusted it several times. Will try the new one.

Belinda, I have not attempted to do Mark in a long time. I'm sure I couldn't keep up anymore.

Doreen, Sorry about the streaming service. I hate when I feel I've wasted money.

Everyone have good workouts and I'll talk to you Friday.

Today I started with X 10 Step, 30 minutes (I had to run down stairs with an envelope for dh) 178 calories, heart rate average 118, max 160. Then I did the rotation workout which was Ripped with Hiit Back, Biceps, and shoulders, 59 minutes, heart rate 103 average, 132 max, 229 calories.
I don't know how I got such a low average heart rate on X10. Total time was 89 minutes and calories 407.
Weights today were
One arm row 30,30,30 x 12 reps
finisher barbell rows 35# 20 reps and band power pulls
pull overs 35,35,35 x 12 reps
finisher barbell rows 35# 21 reps supine band pulls
one arm angled row 30#,30,30 x 12 reps
finisher 1 arm seated band pulls
rear delt flys 15's ,15's,15's x 12 reps
finisher one arm band pulls
prone rear delts 8s.8s,8s x 12
finisher t band pulls
biceps curls barbell close 35# x 12, standard 40#, x 12, wide 35# x 12
finisher W curls 10's x 20 reps
concentration curls 22.5# x 12 reps, 20x 10 reps, 20x 10 reps
finisher crazy 8's barbell 25# 24 reps
simultaneous standing hammer curls 17..5's x 12 reps, 15's x 12 reps, 15's x 12 reps
barbell crazy 8's 25# 24 reps

Belinda, I have not done a Paul Katami workout, but I hear many that really enjoy them. I have watched clips and almost purchased. Enjoy the SB stretch on disc 1. I like those because I feel like I am stretched and worked a bit more.

Doreen, I used to have a Nautilus treadmill that I sold to my daughter. I had it hooked up with wires to the television and it would operate my treadmill speed automatically with the ifit workouts. I had two that I had downloaded and made copies of on discs and 1 VHS workout that was a trek through Red Rock. I liked them. Maybe you will find a better instructor that you can like. At least to get your money from it. I gave my daughter the Treadmill workouts for ifit. I can see using blue tooth being a problem. The nice thing is that my Fit Bit picks up with my Tread Cliimber . I haven't tried it much, but yesterday I was adjusting the belts and tightening them because it stopped during my husbands walk. It picked right up from my Fit Bit on the heart rate. Have you tried some itrain workouts? I would be upset if I spent that much for something I don't care for. Then I would want to get my money's worth out of it.

Laura, I have always found the straps kind of uncomfortable. I have a container full of Polar straps. When I kept having problems with the bluetooth transmitter, they sent me another strap to try free of charge. It was still under warranty. They told me that the straps needed to be replaced every few months!!! I was surprised. It did not help changing the strap though. All of their watches and the blue tooth tend to go bonkers after a couple of days of doing okay. I think their soft straps are more comfortable, but the last one I got was wider and felt thicker and it rubbed. I wonder if you could use some aloe vera gel or some of the conductor gel and it would help. I usually end up with red marks when I wear the straps. One of the reasons I like the Fit Bit even if it doesn't give decent info when doing weights.

Today's workout was Strong and Sweaty Cardio Slam, 50 minutes, heart rate 135 average, max 161, 358 calories, 4,065 steps. Then I did Strong and Sweaty Bonus Abs, 13 minutes, 103 average heart rate, max 126, 49 calories, 259 steps. I finished off with Kelly Coffey Body Design Yoga Flow segment, 13 minutes, 30 calories, 20 steps. Total time was, 76 minutes, calories 437. Tomorrow is Ripped with Hiit Upper chest, shoulders, and triceps. I may add the Ripped with Hiit abs scheduled for Saturday if I have time. I am not sure if I will get in Saturday's RWH Plyo #2 on Saturday since I have to be out the door early or hold it till Sunday before church. I would have more time then. Total steps so far today 6,547. I may make it to 10,000 by bed time.

Belinda, the spa day sounds nice. Enjoy your day.

No sleep for the 3rd day straight. Skipping working out today. Just no energy and am afraid I would hurt myself. Tomorrow is my mom care day so need to be good for that. Also making sure that the memory care unit in FL is prepared for Irma coming in. Staff is prepared to stay in and they have generators and have stocked up on supplies.

Have a great day everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.