Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Good morning,

Hammer Plyometrics +walk is done.

Thanks for the link, Diane Sue :) Never thought about one like that:( Oh well! Glad you like it. The one I bought is functional and everything is organized.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

Diane Sue - maybe I was just extra tired yesterday. No DOMS today!

I did Low Impact Circuit this am - a premix I made of the step sections and bonus cardio. I missed one of the step blasts though so I'll have to go back and re export it in workout blender and add that in.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

No, workout today. I am so tired anyway. My grandson arrived and after we had an early lunch, I took the other two home and we went to the Sprouts to pick up some fruits and vegetables. Tomorrow I will get a decent workout in.

Doreen, being tired can sure affect a workouts. I have not tried making my own workout with the blender. I only have RWH and Low Impact Sweat as downloads.

Good morning,

Chisel TB and walk is done. One more workout and I we are done with Hammer & Chisel. DH wants to start STS on Monday.

Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone.

Last edited:
Belinda- good job on H&C! Its a good program. Have you done STS before?

This morning I did Metashred lower body 4. I did intermediate level most of the way through. 3 minute sets so constant time under tension! This may give me DOMS..

Doreen - I have done 10 rounds or more 0f STS :) I just love the program. DH never done it before. Good job with Metashred lower body 4.

had a good workout today. I started with STS Shock Cardio Hiit 30/30, probably the easiest one, 29 minutes, heart rate, 124 average/ 155 max,(this seemed low for this workout) I sometimes wonder about my Fit Bit. I used an estimated 186 calories from various devices. Map my Fitness had it at 208 and Fit Bit had it at 137 which I have never had doing this workout before. I then did Coffey Fit Raw You tube Hips and Glutes 32 minutes for me, (her camera stopped before the end and the workout is around 25 minutes) I also had to change up some weights and write down the moves as I went. Next time should go more quickly. 141 calories. I finished off with another of Kelly's Raw workouts, upper blast, 34 minutes, 153 calories. Heart rate 106/ 140. This really makes me wonder what was going on with the Hiit workout. Time was 94 minutes, 525 calories, 3949 steps
Raw Hips and glutes timed (I think 30 on 10 off the same as with Upper Blast) I think Kelly said she isusing 22 # barbell and she uses no ankle weights but says you can, she just doesn't want to make the stop to go across the room to get them.
squats 4 sets 35# barbell 12,13,11,12 reps
Hip lifts shoulders on the bench 35# barbell 12, 12, 11,13 reps
Deadlift 25's 12 reps
Deadlift to squat to stand 25# barbell 4 sets 7 reps
pizza push using step 5# ankle weights 13 reps right and 13 left repeat
Hydrant with hands on the bench 5# ankle weights 14 right 14 left repeat
alternating straight leg lifts out to the side hands on the bench 5# ankle weights 4 sets of 14 reps
alternating pizza push 4 sets 5 # ankle weights 14,14,12, 12 reps
Seated on step knee ups 18,18,18,24 reps the first set I still had on the 5# ankle weights but decided I needed to eliminate them She did not get to finish all four sets and I went on with it.

Upper Blast 30 on 10 off
Barbell Bench press 35# 22,22, 25,24 reps
seated shoulder press (Kelly starts with a 25# barbell the first set then moves to dumbbells)
12's 14 reps, 12's 14 reps, 10's 16 reps, 10's 16 reps
flys 15's 4 sets 3 at 14 reps 1 at 15 reps
lateral raise 12's 11 reps, 10's 12 reps, 10's 12 reps, 10's 12 reps
skate curls 10's for all 4 sets 12,16,16,16 reps
hammer curl (squat, curl, jump) 10's 4 sets 7 reps
barbell rows 35# 17reps,18 reps, 20reps, 20 reps
Dips 28,24,22,24 reps
seated reverse flys 12's 11 reps, 14 reps,15,reps,15 reps
skull crushers 15's 12,12,13,13 reps
seated bench knee ups 18,19,20,22 reps

Diane Sue- I've been wanting to try the RAW workout. Thanks for the breakout as now I'll know how to schedule them.

I did Metashred extreme upper body 1 today. Then I did Muscle meltdown back because MSX is really lacking on back.

My family also did the local walk for life for the local pregnancy center. Nice morning but it took us 1.5 hours to walk 2 miles. Of course we were sometimes walking at the pace of a 2 year old! [emoji4]

Today I did STS Shock Cardio Athletic Step stopping at the floor stretch, 41 minutes, 338 calories, heart rate 1vg. 141/ max 175. I then did the last (third) combo, upper blitz, lower blitz, core conditioning and stretch from MMA Boxing since I did not do the last segment last time, 26 minutes, 119 calories, 106 avg. heart rate/ 154 max. I think that when there is core and longer stretches on workouts it really takes the average heart rate down. I am not sure that the calorie burn would be as accurate. Total time was 67 minutes, calories 457 calories. I had to be done earlier since we went to a yearly retired officer reunion luncheon that started at 10 am for socializing before the catered lunch and other activities. It was fun.
I was going to do the heavy bag bonus workout on the Boxing dvd and add some from Kelly's Body Design weighted kickbox but I am feeling yesterday's workout so decided to hold off.

Doreen, Kelly has 4 raw workouts now. I should have written down the moves in the one that mixes in the kettle bell. Next time I will. That one felt tough to me as I did not expect the cardio plyometric type stuff in portions of it. It was lower body. The boxing one with her brother was him boxing on the heavy bag and her shadow boxing. There was intervals of light weight work and some abs at the end. So, I guess you would say so far two of the workouts are focused more on upper body and two more on lower. That is great that your parents wanted to do the walk for life. I would imagine for you it would feel slow;) Those Muscle Meltdown workouts are so handy for adding on where needed with other workouts.

Belinda, it seems like your husband would like STS if he doesn't mind a long workout. I have done several full rounds of it myself and then quite a few where I just did a couple of weeks of each phase or just did phase 2 and 3. I liked the Endruance ones more this time around than in the past. I guess I need more of that because to me slower and less reps feels easier.

Hallo everyone,

DH and I finished Hammer & Chiseled this morning. We did Hammer Power plus abs.

Diane Sue - DH really wants to do STS :) I love STS! Yes, the workouts are long, but you only do them 3 times a week. The rest is cardio. I haven't decided what cardio I will do? Maybe Turbo Fire or Turbo Jam. A few cardio in the original rotation, I already done the entire dvd. I need to do the ones I haven't done. Good job on STS Shock Cardio Athletic Step today. I only have done that one a few times. I will defiantly pul that one out.

Doreen - LOL, at least you walked and it was fun. Good job!

Have a great Saturday, everyone.

Belinda, I keep eyeing my Turbo Fire DVDs. I bet you would get a lot of step in those. Chalean is so energetic.

Today was a rest day. I am trying to get a painting done for my granddaughter's birthday and having children here last week did not leave time for it. So, today was family brunch after church, getting some stuff caught up and working on the painting. Shopping tomorrow after my workout and hopefully painting work. I need things for my son's birthday next week. I am making the cake.

Belinda, it sounds like you had a relaxed day today.

Good morning,

STS Disc 1 (chest, shoulders, biceps) Plus Ab Circuits “No Equipment Abs”…total 70 min is done :) I will do a short walk later.

Diane Sue - happy birthday to your granddaughter. Sounds like you had a busy weekend too.

Good job, everyone.

Today I did Kelly Coffey's newest raw workout on YouTube, Cardio Crush, 33 minutes, 180 calories, 115/154 heart rate. I liked this one, the time went fast and some parts of it were burners. I will give a run down of this one, as I am writing them down.
I then did STS Mesocycle 2 disc 14 lower body, 52 minutes (had to adjust my to a barbell when I had dumbbells ready) 244 calories, 108/145 heart rate. 244 calories. Total time 85 minutes, 424. I felt my upper body was still sore from Ramped Up upper and Kelly's Upper Raw, so started with lower body this week.
Cardio Crush 33 minutes 6 inch step. Also need a firewalker loop for one segment. Kelly suggests this would be a good workout for a weighted vest. She did not use one though. I wore my 1.5 gloves throughout. She had gloves on but did not mention them.
all segments are timed and done 4 rounds
low impact jacks to two jumping jacks 4 rnds
Plank, down knee ins, up plank jack repeat 4 rnds
step onto step and punching alternating right and left 4 rnds
(firewalker band around thighs) side step , squat to calf raise 4 rnds
crab in a bridge over the step 4 rnds
squat thrust jump on step 4 rnds
reverse lunge to knee up on step 4 rnds each round is all done on one side before moving to the other
boxing hooks 4 rnds Kelly seems to pick up some speed here
squat shuffle jump on step 4 rnds
stationary side kick 4 rnds each round done on one leg before switching
side bends rnd 1 hands on sides of head. rnd 2 reaching down side to side, rnd 3 and 4 reaching out into arrows
STS weights tri sets done 3 times 10 reps
squats 30's
one leg elevated lunges 25#
deadlifts Wide Stance 30's
repeat two more times
static lunge 20's
plie squats alternating hand 35# (should have went heavier)
one leg slide back lunge disc 20's
repeat 2 more times
stiff legged deadlift barbell 65#
side slide lunge with disc 20#
squat narrow stance 25's
repeat 2 more times

calf raises 20# 20 reps

repeat for 2 more sets

Belinda, the busy seems to not stop. I keep thinking when I get caught up I am going to paint the sun room and do some other things I would like to do, but I am always busy. I guess it is better than not having anything to do. No boredom here, that's for sure.
I did that STS workout 3 weeks ago. 2 weeks of meso 1 and now I am doing a couple of meso 2.

Last edited:
Diane Sue - I been wanting to try the raw KCM on youtube. Nice job with KCM and STS legs. I hear you on being always busy :) I have so many project and so little time these day's. Your STS 2 weeks each Meso sounds interesting.

Today was cardio and abs. I started with Shock Cardio Step Moves, 44 minutes, 316 calories, heart rate avg. 150/ max 175. I then did X10 Step, 26 minutes, 203 calories, 137/177 heart rate. STS Abs Circuits weights and plates since the last time I skipped the plates(not a favorite) 19 minutes, 60 calories. Abs was estimated because I forgot to start my Fit Bit. I turned it on for a bit and got a brief avg of 98 heart rate so used that with my calories burned app and the fact I usually get around 70 calories, Cathe was over 90 and map my fitness was on and had me at 119 using the abs setting. I finished off with SB relaxation stretch, 15 minutes, 25 calories. Total time was 104 minutes, calories burned 604, steps 6,588. I lowered the weights on X10 a bit because I have upper body tomorrow and didn't want to use too heavy. I dropped from 15 to 10# and 5# for the 8# shoulder work.

Belinda, I went back and edited that workout to add in the squat thrust jump onto the step in the Raw workout from yesterday. I have done STS this way before. 2 weeks each mesocycle. This works well if I do not want to commit to a full 3 month program.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.