Lifting like girls

I sometimes name my wos todays entry...DELT DUMBA$$!! I ended up doing 29 sets (many short rep ones) starting with military press. I went back to the Olympic bar today to save wear and tear on elbows by not hang cleaning every set. I started with 45x6 65x5 85x3 105x2 and then I decided to try 120 since I hadn't ever tried it before, but I was just short of locking it!(sorta strained my milk on this grinder...sorry Lisa!!) I dropped to 115, but only got 1 and then 105x3 95 x5x5x3x2 85 x5x5x5x4 and 75(ezcurl) x8. Next was side laterals 30s 3x10 dropped to 20s 3x8 followed by dumbbell front raises 25s 3x10 and rear delts 45s 3x10. Last shoulder exercise was barbell shrugs 160 x 30 x 20. I finished with ab wheel roll outs 1x30. Lib, great news on the 7# down and the"shrinking" face!! Ladies, lets hear the clang!!!

I sometimes name my wos todays entry...DELT DUMBA$$!! I ended up doing 29 sets (many short rep ones) starting with military press. I went back to the Olympic bar today to save wear and tear on elbows by not hang cleaning every set. I started with 45x6 65x5 85x3 105x2 and then I decided to try 120 since I hadn't ever tried it before, but I was just short of locking it!(sorta strained my milk on this grinder...sorry Lisa!!) I dropped to 115, but only got 1 and then 105x3 95 x5x5x3x2 85 x5x5x5x4 and 75(ezcurl) x8. Next was side laterals 30s 3x10 dropped to 20s 3x8 followed by dumbbell front raises 25s 3x10 and rear delts 45s 3x10. Last shoulder exercise was barbell shrugs 160 x 30 x 20. I finished with ab wheel roll outs 1x30. Lib, great news on the 7# down and the"shrinking" face!! Ladies, lets hear the clang!!!

No offense tslop49.....that makes no sense to me lol, I'm sure I will learn though.

Hi everyone!!

Lib, WOOHOO! Congrats on your weight loss! Glad you're feeling great! :)
And oh my gosh... and I think MY life is hectic. How do you do it, woman?? Nice job on your step workout.

Tom, I love it! You're our resident dolt-oid! Great shoulder workout.

Justine, sending good thoughts your way. We'll be thinking of you!

Lisa and Karen, hey mamas! :D Hope you're well! Lisa, that GS Legs floor work IS killer! ALMOST as mean as those low pulse lunges. :eek:

Today was squats. Holy moly, I finally felt like I made some progress! I've been feeling like my squats have been kinda stagnant. :( But today I got in some really good volume at I think about 75-85% of my 1RM. (Karen, don't say anything! :p Halfway through my squats I thought, 'This would be Karen's warmup!")
So. Back squats (6 sets total) 145 x10, 155 x10, 165 x8, 165 x6, 155 x8, 145 x9. (In the RP ebook, they say when you're massing you know you're gaining muscle at a reasonable rate if your 10-rep max is going up on a number of lifts, so I'm feeling good about my strength progress even though my weight is not budging... if I'm still weighing in around the same in a couple days I will bump to 3250). Then EZ-curl bar curls at 60#, 35 reps over 4 sets. Resistance band good mornings (awesome exercise!) 4x15 using my pullup assist band. A grip challenge (one-handed DLs holding fat end of DB) and some toddler-weighted planks (4x30 sec BW + 30# ;) ) to wrap it up.
Tomorrow I'll rest or do some moderate cardio or yoga.

Gotta run. High fives all around!

Good morning everyone!

This morning was Afterburn, love that workout. Last night was GSF2 with KB one arm snatch 6X6@26 lbs. Bodyweight jumping lunge 6X6, Pushups 10X15, DB one arm strict press 6X10@35 lbs. KB arm bar6X8@26 lbs (loved this one) Bodyweight shin box 6X10. Liking this GSF2 more every day. Doing things not familiar to me. Tonight will be HoCo.
That's about it. Have a great day, and kick some butt!

MominVT, all four jobs are part time. My school hours vary so much each semester that I can't find a full time that will work around them all, and still be home for the kiddos. I have figured out how to tutor economics online, so I can work that year round. :)

My triceps are burning today!

Hope y'all have a great day!

Wow all of you!
Lib, good job on the weight loss. Tom, I bet you'll lock out on 120 next time. Karen - yep, a machine. And Roz, you're clearly putting on muscle. I like the 10rm improvement = muscle. I must remember that.

Nothing spectacular for me today - a bw workout (I fell during handstand push ups, even though I was balanced against the wall!!!) Had to be quick today, before the drive to the other side of the country to my parents (all of 2 and a half hours!) . Thanks for all your thoughts.

I'm actually feeling quite panicky about not 'hearing the clang' for a few days. Oh well, I have brought my bands and suspension trainer with me.....

Xx to all

Tom, I cry inside every time I read your shoulder workouts. You're not a delt dummy, you're a delt bad a$$. How do you fit those things into shirt sleeves? :)

Karen, you are a machine.

Roz, you are a machine.

In fact, anyone who goes by the name COMMANDO is a machine. Debate settled.

Justine, you're a machine for even trying a handstand pushup. Handstands are for little powerhouse U.S. gymnasts and crazy lifters like you and Nia. I wish you had On Demand. I'm thinking Cathe's Travel Fit would be a good workout for you to squeeze in while you're away.

Lib, I was the nutzo who did GS Legs, thanks to you! Oddly my calves are the only sore body part to speak of. Congrats to you on your 7# loss, and your "easy" schedule makes me want to take a nap.

Another rotten night of sleeplessness, so today I opted for KCM's Cardio Pump, which is steady state boxing combined with a pyramid style TB workout. I use this workout as an overall UB toner, since that's the emphasis.

Roz, perhaps check out Cardio Mish Mosh Live, Cardio Boxing w/Stability Ball Abs Live (Amanda's in the house!!!!) if you want some Live cardio tomorrow.

Over and out!

Lisa

Arm day for me today and I didn't have to work so I made it a grinder..32 sets, 16 bi 16 tri and finished with some ab stuff. Starting with barbell curls 75x8 95x6x5x5x3x2 85x7x3 75x8x7, Didn't have it to go triple digits, but did the best I could! Next I did 3 sets of dumbbell preacher curls 35x8 30x10x10 and finished bis with 3 sets of dumbbell concentration curls 30x10x10x8. For tris, I started with skullcrushers 35sx10 40sx10 45sx10 50sx8x8 45sx8x8x8 35x12x11. tricep pushdowns 70x6x6x6(pretty fried by here) and finished tris with tricep pushups (floor,not feet on bench) x20x16x14. For abs I did 3 sets of seated knee ins x30x25x20 and 5 minute planks. This was longer than my normal and took about 85 min....ugh! HURTS SO GOOD!!! I am flying to FL. after a bank meeting to see the Grandkids (and wife!) for a long weekend. Justine, travel safe and everyone have a great,safe, weekend!!!

85minutes Tom? Lucky you!

I managed 30 minutes bodyweight Nia this morning. Then a walk with my dad. The funeral was as good as a funeral can be. Lots of people whom I hadn't seen for about 30 years! And everyone thought my daughter was my sister ( they're both red heads, so I can see some confusion) but I was flattered!!

Hope everyone has a fab weekend. I now get to spend a couple of days with my dd.

Hey everyone, Just finished GSF2. This workout took over an hour, don't know whether I was just slow, or this is just how long it is. But anyway. BB rack pull 6X6@135 lbs, with 22 lb lateral slam ball. BB good morning 6X8@95 lbs. Lateral raise with tricep extension 6X10@20 lbs. then two exercises that I loved. KB plank pull through with bodysaw on gliding discs. This was fun, and maybe I lost count of sets, because it was fun. I did need to look up some of these exercises, maybe that's why it was lengthy. Tonight, will be HoCo.

Nice compliment, Justine. You look young enough to be sisters. Have a great time with dd.
Tom, 85 minutes? You must have been enjoying yourself. Enjoy Florida.
Roz, will definitely give Cardio Mish Mosh a try, thanks.
Yes, we are machines, including you, Lisa.
Lib, hang in there, you're doing great!

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Friday, everyone!

Justine, glad the funeral was as pleasant as such things are capable of. No surprises that you were mistaken for your daughter's sibling. You take supberb care of yourself and can perform physical feats that many 25 year olds cannot comprehend.

Tom, whoa 85 mins! No wonder you had to "cheat" and do those tri pushups w/feet on the floor, not the bench! Have a wildly fun time w/your wife and grand kiddos in FL! Don't skip any meals this time! ;)

Karen, glad you thought today's workout was fun. Those are the best kind. Can I tempt you to skip HoCo tonight and do Power Step Live (12/3/15) instead? Or Cardio Mish Mosh? Don't want to wear out those HoCo DVDs, now do we? ;)

So, yeah, today was Power Step Live (12/3/15). Roz this is NOT recovery cardio but you will love it. It was not repetitive and Cathe mixed up the format.

Lib, how are you today?

Have a great rest-o-the-day and weekend!!!

Lisa

Hi everyone,
Hope your weekends are going well so far, wheresoe'er you roam!

Today was high-rep deadlifts. 200 x12, x11; 175 x15, x13, x15. A bunch of one-arm rows at 45# and 55#, AMRAP BB snatches for 5 mins (I only did 17 at 65#, I was just feeling kinda pooped this morning). Standing resistance band crunches 2x20. Then I tossed in some chest work because OTF kinda neglects it. Flat BB bench press 80# 3x8, incline 3x12 60#, some 12-rep sets of flys. Resting tomorrow.

I like OTF, at least conceptually, but I think I'm going to burn out on deadlifting. I may add in some more squatting and bench pressing days, and just extend the OTF workouts over a week and a half or something. Or maybe I'm just feeling tired this morning, LOL!

Tomorrow I'll rest (or walk or something). Monday's supposed to be more deadlifting, but I may do squat Mon, bench Tues, DLs Weds. We'll see.

Lisa, I will look forward to trying Power Step! Sounds great, thanks for the rec. I also want to try the RT kickbox Live.

Justine, enjoy your time with your DD. Tom, ditto with your wife and grandbabies. Lib, have a great weekend and best wishes for your finals! Karen, have a great weekend! Lisa, hope you're enjoying your lights.

Hugs & High Fives,
Roz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.