Lifting like girls

Anytime Tom! Every once in awhile, we all need a kick in the pants.
Today was Cathe Live, "Rapid Fire Legs, and Core." My legs were already sore, so this was a killer. Thanks for the heads up on this one, Lisa. It's a winner! Yesterday was "Minute By Minute." Three exercises, 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, and 15 squats. Twenty sets, starting on the minute.
Have a great week-end!

Karen, Tom, not that I consider either of you old, but you both hover between my own parents' and my in-laws' ages, and I can unequivocally say that you two are kick a$$, in-shape, iron beasts. I often tell my DH that I want to be like you two when I "grow up." Seriously, I applaud you both.

Karen, yes I totally loved that Live. When you're in the mood for a Mish mosh total body Live, do Triple Threat Live from a few weeks ago. It's 3 sections: 15 min HiiT, 15 min lower, 15 min upper. It's terrific.

Tom, I'm pretty sure I read this wrong....you chose LEGS overy ARMs? Who are you, lol?! Niiiiice

Yesterday was ICE Rock em Sock em Kickbox (DVD version) and today was KCM Powerlifting (total body, metabolic).

Have a great weekend. Anyone watching the Super Bowl? Not me!!! No thanks. Don't care!

Core work only this morning, no deads, still have a "torched tush"!! I did a circuit of : 20 inclined sit ups/ 20 cable crunches (added 10# to these)/ 1 min plank and did the circuit 5x. I finished with 3 sets of side planks and called it a day. Just enough to keep the juices flowing! (and the belly flat....er anyway!! We have a Superbowl party to go to, I might not even watch it if it wasn't for that...really got turned off on the whole "take a knee thing" and I haven't watched a NFL game all year, but cant really stare at the wall in protest...might be interpreted as weird!! Where is the Lingerie Bowl when you need it!! Enjoy what's left of the weekend friends!

Gonna try to make this week a deload, of course modified to accommodate an idiot! I decided this because I didn't want to get off the bed at all but thought if I did a deload week I could face it. I usually feel like "go big or go home", but going smaller is better than going NUTTIN!! I did 5 sets of bench and this includes a set with the bar only (always this is my first set just to warm up and keep my shoulders from falling off), so really only 4 working sets, nothing heavier than 185. Next I did 3 sets of inclined bench x8x6x4 at a lighter weight and finished with 20 pushups for chest. I added some tri's, pushdowns x 8x6x4 and skullcrushers x 8x6. I think this qualifies as a deload, less sets than normal and lighter weight. I didn't apply any science as to weight used etc, just lightened the effort. Now we will see if I can stand a week of "slackerdom"!! I work today, take DW to the airport early tomorrow and work afternoon on the way back, and work again Wed...tough week for "semi retired deloading commando molar marauding criminal rehabilitator"!! Do it right kids!!

Deload, day 2 back. Imade this a 8 6 4 day, chin ups x 8 6 4, pullovers x 8 6 4, 1 arm cable pulls x 8 6 4 and deadlifts x 8 6 4 ( I dropped to 205 for these) Bout it here, sleep SUCKED again last night, but I could handle a deload day! Off to the airport and roads are NOT good, snow and ice, so I will nave to "slow my a$$ down"! have a great one friends!

Ohhhhhh, just finished "Death By Thruster." This has got to be the most difficult workout of the whole series. Burpee thrusters, regular thrusters, sumo thrusters and lunge thrusters. Fifteen reps, four rounds. Whoa! Yesterday was a Belle Babe workout. Swings, and all sorts of metabolic "stuff!" Ok, I'm fried! Taking a shower, and reading in bed. Aahhhh, my favorite time of the day.
Nice work, Tom! Even for a deload day.
Busy day Lisa? Three kids! Yup, everyday is a busy day. Kudos for your ME time! If you can call a workout ME Time.

Deload legs (and the bi's I forgot yesterday!) ! did 3 working sets of bench squats, again x8x6x4, (nothing heavy), gob squats x8x6x4 but on these and sumo's and the calf work I added a pause at the bottom on squats and at the top on the calf work, sumo squats x 8x6x4, BB calf raises x16x12x8 and single calf raises x16x12x8. I finished with ez bar curls, strict and slow x8x6x4. Deload days always seem a little like "pi$$!#g into the wind", but I think rest can be good...my story and I'm sticking to it!! Today is my Friday, hoping "hump day" is harmless for ya'll!

Deload shoulders with some cardio and abs thrown in. 4 sets of standing BB strict press, and 2 sets of side laterals, rear delt flys and front raises, finishing shoulders with 2 sets of db shrugs. I reduced weight and set volume so I'm calling it a deload...not that I didn't feel it though! I finished with a circuit if kb swings x 20 (dropped to a #40 in the interest of deload)/alternate knee to chest planks x40 (dropped from 60...deload ya know)! I did this circuit 8 times and it took 15 minutes. I really only rested to write each circuit down...maybe a few breath breaks scattered. I decided since this was a deload week I would eat lighter and see if I could drop a few pounds. I weighed 192 with sweat pants and it is the lowest I have been since 12-11 17. I am carrying some extra, and felt I was at #165, but at least in the 190's my face doesn't look like I am in one of those "give to save the starving ads"!! Nice to be off today, enjoy your day friends!

Tom, lol you need to join a deloads support group! Yeah, why do we lose the weight in our faces when there are other places with a more ample supply for the weight loss? Did you enjoy the big game? My DH was delighted that the Patriots lost

Karen, if it weren't totally politically incorrect, I would say that we should call you Karen bell Babe, in honor of your kettlebell workouts and your kettlebell prowess. BUT since I don't want an harassment lawsuit on my hands, we'll pass on that nickname! How far are you into the rotation? I remembered a cookbook you and your DH might like, called Vegan Before 6, or VB6. The idea is self explanatory -- eat vegan all day until 6pm. Then enjoy your carnivorous ways at dinner

So, yeah, had to take sweet DD2 to the ER for an extraordinarily bad case of croup, that came on all of a sudden the middle of the night on Tues. I was NOT going to take chances. Too many kids dying from illness. My DH took her, she got treatment, and was MUCH better in a matter of hours. I haven't slept all week. Lots of walking as my exercise. Hope to be back on a regular schedule tomorrow. Fingers crossed! Boy this parenting thing! The fact that you two survived and are still Commandos gives me hope.

Oh Lisa, an ER run. Always a great time. Today was another Bell Babe workout. This woman, is putting me through the paces. Goofy name, but what a killer program. Took yesterday as a day off, My rear end was still dragging from the day before.
I need to check out VB6. I think DH could handle that. Keep the MOJO going, friends. Lisa, get some sleep. Says the woman with grown kids. Tom, keep rockin' it!

Lisa, really glad DD2 is better! Sick kids just scares the heck out of us and I'm glad she is doing better. Iron waits, it does not expire!
Karen...YOU ARE HUMAN!!! I was beginning to think you were an android. but seriously, sometimes we just need some off time after brutal w/os. We wont tell Lisa what 60+ is REALLY like....gotta wait and see Lisa!!
Today was deload arms and abs, and it was another 8 6 4 day. I went light and shorter on reps again, all weight sets were 8 6 4, starting with skullcrushers, tri pushdowns, kickbacks, then ez bar curls, DB curls and conc curls. Even though it was 18 sets, they were lighter and shorter...DELOAD??...RIGHT?? For abs I did 5 sets of inclined sit ups x 20/ cable crunches x 20 and finished with 5 minutes of side planks. Total time was 45 minutes. Monday I weighed in at 198, today I was 190. Is that normal? I have been consciously cutting back because it was a deload week and I didn't feel I needed 3 protein shakes a day and 200 grams of protein like usual, but 8 pounds in 5 days seems a little fast....maybe a tapeworm??(gotta go check my face...don't want "skinny face") Have a great Friday my friends

The lesser half of Kom (or Taren) checking in! Today was a 4 set circuit chins/deads/and pushups. I did:
chins x10 x9 x8 x7
deads x 10 x9 x8 x7
pushups x 30 x27 x24 x21
I would like to call this "cardio day", but, I took PLENTY of breaks, just wasn't into killing myself today (deload ya know)
I dropped to 205 on deads (deload ya know...ok, I know, overdoing that one a little) but 10 of them still seem like cardio! I was down to 189 with gym stuff on, but weighed this morning first thing, without clothes and I was 184.8. I am trying to decide whether I need to be a little leaner 185 or "thuggier: 195.....dunno. I want to be as strong as I can, but if I can maintain strength at a lighter weight, maybe that's ok. May have to give up tootsie rolls if I do....that will be tough! Off to find some kale....kidding!!! Have a great Saturday ya'll!

Good morning! Yesterday was a bust for me. I have a Dr. appt. on the 16th, so yesterday was blood draw, mammogram and dexascan day. (just an absolute good time) Did get a workout in. Back Breaker from RIPT90. Great back workout. Pull-ups, Rows, lateral raises. Then 80 push-ups for finishers. About 40 minutes. Have a great day!

Aw, damn Karen! That was the trifecta of medical insults yesterday. I hope you get nothing but good results. But honestly, 40 mins of back work would make me cry more than the mammo. Maybe...

Hey Kom :), good stuff today except that mention of tootsie rolls. Blech! Gimme all the real chocolate, not the fake chewy stuff! I'm thinking some of your poundage lost is probably your body eliminating some excess water as well. What weight do you feel best at? What can you maintain without getting crazy over it? That's the goal to go after IMO

So back at it yesterday. Jabs and Kicks Live for some cardio. Today was PHA Training 3 Live. Sooooo loved it

Have a great rest of the weekend. My little ones are still dripping snotty goo and coughing poor things. But don't you dare try to wipe Little Man's nose. You'd think he was being tortured at GitMo.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.