Lifting like girls

Lisa, glad lil guy is getting better and yep, I did sleep better in part I'm sure due to my insanity! I may revisit that one....but NOT soon!!
Today I just did some light ab/core work, inclined sit ups x25 x15 x10, and Knee to chest planks and side planks (5 min) and finished with single leg calf raises x40 x30 x20 x10. Its funny, but I can do shrugs till the cows come home and all kinds of presses etc, but my traps seem to get hit a lot more on deadlift day!...strange and the weight wasn't that heavy but I don't use my legs like I should on deads and I think I sort of straight leg deadlift then shrug it to finish....it just NEVER get comfortable in the low position and I seem to fire out of it, straighten my legs and use back and traps....gotta get THAT fixed,.... asking for trouble!! Enjoy your Sunday friends, Monday looms!

Hi there my friend,

last week I was very busy on my own business and didn't have time to pratice (I was trying to run from home to work instead). I love this thread so much. I'll join!

However, due to my lack of surfing time... I wish I knew your training plan for whole week ;(

Hi there my friend,

last week I was very busy on my own business and didn't have time to pratice (I was trying to run from home to work instead). I love this thread so much. I'll join!

However, due to my lack of surfing time... I wish I knew your training plan for whole week ;(
Hi runningislife, I am doing a bodypart/day and finishing with some metabolic stuff to get my HR up at the end of my workout. Usually on the weekends I will hit whatever I felt I slacked on during the week, or sometimes deadlifts and core etc...glad to have you join!

Today was chest for me, 10 sets flat bench, 2 sets flys, 3 sets incline bench, 2 sets incline flys, and finished with a burnout set of tri pushdowns. My finishers today were gob squats x 10/ knee to chest planks x 60/ kb swings x 10/knee to chest planks x 30 I only did this 3x today...about 9 minutes..total time about 50-55 minutes. Doing the gob squats I could tell my traps were still fried from the deads Sat...wow!
Survive Monday friends!!

Hi runningislife! Welcome to our forum. Yes, Tom is very inspiring with his workouts. He's a go-getter. Same with rockstar athlete Karen who also posts here.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Today was Rapid Fire Legs and Core Live. This one was TOUGH! But hey, Monday is leg day (when I can manage it) so no time for whining! :)

Hey gang! Welcome runningislife! Saturday was “Deadlift Killer!” Three sets of five different deadlifts. Twenty reps each set. Three hundred deadlifts. Thought I would need help walking the next day. But, woke up with no soreness. IDK! Deadlifts are tricky! I have to concentrate with every rep, and this guy counts so fast, and his count is still off. I just do my own counting, and hit pause if I need to. But, it was very metabolic, just thought I would be sore. Post more after today!! Have a good one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was "Shoulder Pressure." Two shoulder exercises, five sets of each, 15 reps. Overhead press, and upright rows, with 10 sit-ups between each set, as a working rest. It was a good workout.
Tom, I certainly don't lift as heavy as you do in deadlifts. At your weight, I would be down for the count after 10 reps.
Glad Little Man is feeling better, Lisa. Rapid Fire Legs, sounds great, another must do!
Have a great Tuesday, all!

I
Today was "Shoulder Pressure." Two shoulder exercises, five sets of each, 15 reps. Overhead press, and upright rows, with 10 sit-ups between each set, as a working rest. It was a good workout.
Tom, I certainly don't lift as heavy as you do in deadlifts. At your weight, I would be down for the count after 10 reps.
Glad Little Man is feeling better, Lisa. Rapid Fire Legs, sounds great, another must do!
Have a great Tuesday, all!
I know you are trying to make me feel better Karen.....AIN'T WORKIN!!

Short on time today so no finishers of the metabolic variety, in fact, I reset the alarm and went back to bed, but guilt won out and I got up. Stayed up late watching a college basketball game and almost used that as an excuse to tank it....but NO!!12 sets of back today. 3 sets of chin ups, pullovers(did up these 5# each DB) 1 arm cable pulls and db rows. I finished with a burnout set of light ez bar curls. Off to rehabilitate!! Have gooduns all!

Short on time today so no finishers of the metabolic variety, in fact, I reset the alarm and went back to bed, but guilt won out and I got up. Stayed up late watching a college basketball game and almost used that as an excuse to tank it....but NO!!12 sets of back today. 3 sets of chin ups, pullovers(did up these 5# each DB) 1 arm cable pulls and db rows. I finished with a burnout set of light ez bar curls. Off to rehabilitate!! Have gooduns all!

YOSTTTTT!!!! You beast man!!

I hate cold weather here. If I didn't read your comment today, I would throw my plan away. Thank you!
In the end, I understand that only strong spirit will keep we strong right! ;)!

I run 10 miles yesterday and today I decided to cross training with upper body excercises (my legs couldn't cool down that fast).
Barbell Bench Press: 4 set – 10 reps
Warrior Fit Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 set – 12 reps
Wide-Grip Pullup: 3 set – 12 reps
Seated Barbell Shoulder Press: 4 set – 12 reps

It's all you fault man! If I didn't read this I would sleep weel! Thanks!

Whoa, 10 miles? Runningislife is the perfect user name for you! Are you a marathoner?

Tom, good job getting up and getting it done. Guilt is a strong motivating factor.

Karen, that DL workout looked awesome. Seriously this program sounds like a lot of fun

Yesterday was Fitness Blender upper body and today was Fitness Blender lower body. I'm trying to beat the crap out of my legs with at least 2 leg days per week. I can do it since I don't lift anvil sized weights. But it still burns!

Happy Wednesday!

Yesterday was a rest day, today was Dirty Dozen!! Twelve exercises, twelve reps, two rounds. The usual things like squats, push-ups, thrusters, pull-ups, burpees, tuck jumps ( those jumps that Cathe does, that some people hate) well anyway, you get the picture. Very metabolic. That’s about it guys, keep on rockin!!’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well, runningislife, today was ....FAIL!!!! Couldn't do it, another short night and I could NOT answer the bell at 5! I WILL make myself pay for this...PROMISE! And yeah...it was LEG DAY! Sorry to let you down, the inspiration is better from our female friends than me. 10 miles would be my total since 1975!!lol! Way to go, wish I could do it, but I would require surgery after! The weight workout sounds intense..good work.
Karen, another killer w/o for you, the metabolic stuff is tough on this old guy, and I'm real sure my rest breaks are longer than yours. Impressive as always!
Lisa. 2x/week legs? I was trying to get some extra leg work on my metabolic stuff, but since I struggle on leg day.....I have trouble getting 1 leg day in! Good on ya!
Tomorrow will be something, another early day so I will figure it out on the fly, probably shoulders, leaving legs for Friday or Sat. May not have time for metabolic....will see.
This SLACKER out!! Humbled by my lifting friends!!

I did shoulders today and it was .....PISS POOR!!! I did 3 sets of BB standing military press, 4 sets of seated BB militaries not counting getting STUCK for 0 reps on a weight I did 7 times last week...WTF!! I did 3x12 side laterals, 3x12 rear delt flys and 2x10 1x12 alternate DB front raises and finished with a set of 40 DB shrugs. Depressing, not sure if mental or physical, but still PISSED! No meta stuff today, just NOT in the mood. Oh well, there will be another day...hopefully..... at my age "ya never know"! Be better than me friends!

Yeah, Tom. It's all good. We know how you feel. Nothing defective about you, we all suck some days...except probably Cathe? Ha!

Karen, count me as one who hates the tuck jumps! Great workout this morning.

Today was upper body blast Live. Not really feeling it this morning...not quite piss poor but not incredibly rich, either! Ah well.

Have a good day, what's left of it!

I actually did legs today and will hit arms tomorrow...imagine that, subbing out arms for legs???...ME?? I started with bench squats and right knee let me go a little heavier, still not where I was but better. I did 5 sets of bench squats, 3x15 gob squats, 3x15 sumo squats, 3x20 kb swings (why do these really get my HR up and why am I sucking SERIOUS AIR??) and 3x10 db static lunges. For calves, 3 sets of BB calf raises and 3 sets of single leg calf raises. I finished with 30 chins and 100 pushups in descending sets. I STRUGGLED with the pushups..why! Yesterday's shoulders was a disappointment too. Usually the pushups are pretty easy for me, BUT NOT TODAY!! I dunno, just" keep on keepin on" I guess.
On the good side...LEG DAY DONE!...on the bad side...I'm a wus and NOT crazy bout that! Arm day better be good tomorrow or I'm calling Kevorkian!!!! (guess it's too late, he beat me to it) I have a chili feed at my home town college tomorrow, but will hit my upper appendages before I leave...unless my condition is "acute, immediately fatal wusdom"! (gotta look that up in my pathology book and see if my picture is there!)
Well, that's about it for me, counting on ya'll to fight "wusdom" in it's many forms!! It's FRIDAY...make it ROCK!!!

Tom!!!! Dude, you are doing better than most (98%) of guys your age. You should be very proud of yourself. I thought my parents and grandparents were so old, they weren't, but I can't see my mother or father for that matter, lifting weights. We are keeping ourselves young! Even on PISS POOR days, it's better than nothing. Forget Kevorkian, you've already out-lived his sorry self!

Karen, thanks for the much needed intervention!! You are right, I look at my friends and NONE of them do ANYTHING! I need to realize not all days are great days and doing something is good...I appreciate the kind words and they helped me mentally "reset"....really helped, thank you! Today was a good one! It was arm day and I went back to my 30 set stuff. All the tris and most of the bis were 5 set pyramids, with the heaviest in the middle set. For instance, skullcrushers were sets with 40s 45s 50s 45s 40s, holding the flat surfaces of the powerblocks together. Did the same with pushdowns, kickbacks, ez bar curls, db curls and all the increases were in 5# increments on db excercises, 10# increments on ez bar curls. I finished bis with 2 sets of decline curls, 2 sets of conc curls and a set of 21s, but did 10 count instead of 7 count. This took about an hour and I didn't get any finishers in, but will try to do some core and maybe deads tomorrow. So glad ya'll are there for the much needed "pep talks"...they are appreciated by this fossil!!! Have a great weekend and don't lose too much money on Superbowl bets!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.