Joint-friendly Heavy Weight Series

Just catching up with this thread. The weightlifting hooks are for pull exercises where the weight would normally pull on your hands forcing you to keep your fingers gripped around the weight. They are normally used for deadlifts, barbell rows, dumbbell shrugs and squats, and also pull-ups and lat pulldowns.

You can also use weightlifting straps. I have a pair of straps, but I haven't really used them as I find them too fiddly. You need to wrap the straps around the barbell, or pullup bar etc., and it takes a bit of time to learn to do this properly. I watched several YouTube videos to learn how to use them and it took ages to get them looped around my barbell. I can do one hand OK but once that is looped, I found it hard to get the other hand looped properly. I think the hooks will be easier as you just put them on and go.

Just catching up with this thread. The weightlifting hooks are for pull exercises where the weight would normally pull on your hands forcing you to keep your fingers gripped around the weight. They are normally used for deadlifts, barbell rows, dumbbell shrugs and squats, and also pull-ups and lat pulldowns.

You can also use weightlifting straps. I have a pair of straps, but I haven't really used them as I find them too fiddly. You need to wrap the straps around the barbell, or pullup bar etc., and it takes a bit of time to learn to do this properly. I watched several YouTube videos to learn how to use them and it took ages to get them looped around my barbell. I can do one hand OK but once that is looped, I found it hard to get the other hand looped properly. I think the hooks will be easier as you just put them on and go.
I've used those straps in the past & agree with you that they are fiddly. They did help but they slow your workout down to get the wrap right. As my grip strength improved, I quit using them. But now that I'm lifting heavier than I have in awhile (since the last time I completed Meso3), I think I'd benefit from the hooks. The real test will be for me will be to do STS2.0 SuperSets with them as that's where my hands ached the most, at least so far ;).

Mine are expected Wednesday, but since I've completed my heavy weight days for this week, I'll try them out next week when I start the Parts workouts. Or maybe I'll slip SuperSets in later this week....hmmm :)

They did help but they slow your workout down to get the wrap right.
Yes, I found them impossible to use when I was trying to do a follow along workout, which are most of my workouts. There just isn't time to set up properly. Probably OK if you are doing your own thing and not following along to an instructed workout. Will be interested to know how the hooks work for you and the others who have purchased them.

Well girls, the deed is done! :) I ordered the pink hooks and gave me an excuse to order
another one of those door straps for resistance tubing! I have a lesser priced one that
I got before and I really like it. I ordered the one that was a bit more with up to 9 anchor
points depending on the size of your door and with a different mechanism for tightening.
It was only 7 dollars more so........... unfortunately, I'm not a prime member so I had
to pay regular price but got free shipping. I always think, "if I don't like or works well,
I will return"

Yay! My last several orders from Amazon came by an Amazon driver. I was walking Jack in the neighborhood recently and I saw this girl stopping at a house, then saw her
get in the car, went a few more houses, got out, etc. Finally we made it close enough to
her and when she got out again and waved again, cause she had waved when she passed us the first time, I said, “You must be an Amazon driver”…..she grinned and
said she was…..

Well, the day after, I am having second thoughts about ordering them hooks.......but......
nickisteen said they do go around the padded FitTower bar, so...............maybe they'll
work like I am hoping.......delivery won't be till next Tuesday so I guess I'll be frettin'
back & forth until then :) Sometimes tho', I do get things faster than what they originally
say.....but because of Prime Days, my shipping will probably get "lower" priority, especially
since I went for the free shipping....Be patient me, be patient !

An Olympic barbell, even tho' 2 inches, I think that's where you put the plates, but I think
the actual holding area isn't actually 2" diameter, over 1" but not 2"....but what do I know!

I plan on doing SuperSets today with them, so we'll see. I did put them on my body bar, which is about 1.5" in diameter ... they fit fine.

I don't have a Prime membership either but we frequently get items faster than Amazon predicted when they use their own delivery drivers... we suspect they want to make the trips from their warehouses worthwhile to our rural area .... we are about equidistant from 2 different Amazon warehouses, so their delivery times don't mean much. When I did have Prime, packages often came later than 2 days - probably because they didn't have their own fleet of delivery vans then like they do now. Drivers arrived in rental cars/trucks back then.

You wouldn’t believe the contraptions I have been trying to rig up to mimic hooks & wrist
support…:) I won’t go into it, but one involved my wrist support and the hook end of a
wire hanger….:). Have you ever heard such nonsense??? I decided I better stop and
clear my brain before I rigged up something and hurt myself:)

You wouldn’t believe the contraptions I have been trying to rig up to mimic hooks & wrist
support…:) I won’t go into it, but one involved my wrist support and the hook end of a
wire hanger….:). Have you ever heard such nonsense??? I decided I better stop and
clear my brain before I rigged up something and hurt myself:)
aqua girl, you better be careful!! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.