Joint-friendly Heavy Weight Series

Did you try them with Supersets ? if so, which exercises?
Yes! I upped my weights a little from last time, and my hands aren't nearly as sore ... of course I haven't done SuperSets for a month so it could be my grip strength has improved and it wasn't the hooks.

I used them starting in the warm-up squats/deadlifts. Then squats, deadlifts, both sets of rows (underhand grip felt a little weird but it was fine), & shrugs/calf raises (which is where my hands started feeling it before). I did not take them off, just pushed the hooks back for chest presses, curls, triceps , etc and took them off after the last row in Set 6. I tried pull/chin-ups afterwards; they felt fine for pull-ups, a little awkward for chin-ups (again that underhand grip). I did have to adjust one as it was too loose & pulled uncomfortably on my wrist & I felt it in my shoulder. But tightening it did the trick. I have arthritis in my left thumb/wrist & noticed it was a little uncomfortable at times - guess there's no perfect solution. The old adage "pick your poison" may apply. ;)

Thanks, I will be anxious to try them for the pull-ups….I also saw in some of the questions & reviews on Amazon, that they apparently work good on rowing machine.
someone asked if they worked with Concept 2 & that’s what I have, so curious about that as well. I do a lot of circuit rowing workouts where you are on & off rower with
weight exercises, so might not be convenient there, but for straight rowing, it might be
ok, although I have pretty much mastered my grip on the rowing handle and learned not
to overly grip it.

You wouldn’t believe the contraptions I have been trying to rig up to mimic hooks & wrist
support…:) I won’t go into it, but one involved my wrist support and the hook end of a
wire hanger….:). Have you ever heard such nonsense??? I decided I better stop and
clear my brain before I rigged up something and hurt myself:)
Aqua Girl, if you keep that up, I'm going to stand you in the corner and make you stack BBs! lol That's what my mom used to tell my sister and I whenever we weren't really doing anything wrong YET, but we were getting TOO creative. lol

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.