Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2015

Today I did Flex Train 59 minutes, Petty much Cathe's weights, 8's, 10's and 25's for rows. I did drop to 5 on some of the alternating presses. I did some of the biceps with 10's instead of 8's. I always forget how tough those bicep pulses get. I then did Piyo Strong legs with the gliding discs, 26 minutes, 132 calories. Total time was 85 minutes and calories burned 413. Neck felt much better this morning. I did quite a bit of flexibility stuff yesterday and yoga for aching joints before I went to bed.

Debbie, I need the calf raises :) I have such tiny ankles and it is tough building my calves. I always dread those alternating side to side squats. I just go fairly light. I could probably just do more sumo squats or something to fill in the spot.

Roselyn, nice work on the weights.

Today was Bulk: Arms. Had a great workout. Also walked on my treadmill for 1 mile afterwards. I went up a bit with the weights but this one is really hard to go much higher on.

This is what I did:

Progressive Set:
Standing Dunbbell Curl: 12's/15's/16's - 16's/15's/12's - 15/12/8 - 8/12/15 reps (went up here)

Single Set:
Dumbbell Tricep Extension: 20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps

Force Set:
Wide Grip Barbell Curl: 32# - 5 sets/5 reps, no rest and no putting weight down (went up here)

Single Set:
Skull Crusher: 25#/35#/45#/35# - 15/12/8/8 reps (went up here)

Progressive Set
Concentration Hammer Curl: 10#/12#/15# - 15#/12#/10# - 15/12/8 - 8/12/15 reps each arm

Progressive Set
One-Arm Kickbacks: 8
#/10#/12# - 12#/10#/8# - 15/12/8 - 8/12/15 reps each arm

Weighted Crunch -
10# - 30 reps

Diane Sue - I am the opposite of you. I have huge calves. Last year I had to buy three pairs of high boots to find one that would go over my calves. I've always had great definition in my calves as well, but it's frustrating that they are so large. So that is why I opt out of calf raises sometimes. Flex Train sounds like a good workout, what series is that from?

Today was P90X3 MMX with the cold start extra warm up, 46 minutes, 258 calories. All of those sprawls really are hard on my wrists and fingers. I tend to want to hold myself up on the fingers. I then did Cathe's Rock Out Knockout Kick box Combos and stretch, 23 minutes, 127 calories. I like the way Cathe stretches the wrists and fingers in this. I needed it. Total time was 69 minutes and calories burned 385. Last night I spent 30 minutes with Sarah Beth Yoga on You Tube doing the Sunday restorative on the daily challenge and then doing one for bloating which was okay. I thought it might help since I ate tons of Well Fed 2 Sweet and Salty broccoli salad. I love that salad, broccoli, raisins or cranberries, walnuts or pecans, no sugar or nitrates bacon (paleo). homemade olive oil mayo with vinegar. I blanch the broccoli. No sure why I am sharing but I really do like it a lot. I will do some yoga again this evening. I do seem to be improving but, it takes so long.

Debbie, Flex Train is by itself. It is from the group of work outs Cathe did before Ripped with Hiit. It is a total body weight workout with compound moves through part of it. You could check out the moves on the workout manager. I like all of the workouts from that group;

Today I used timesavers. I did Party Rockin Step 2 mix 1, 34 minutes, 22 calories and X Train Biceps and Triceps Timesaver rounds 1-7, 37 minutes, 157 calories. Total time 71 minutes, calories burned 378. I have my grandson today so will try to come up with some fun craft. May need to hit Hobby Lobby today :)

No workout for me yesterday as I had to be at work early. This morning I did Bulk: Shoulders and had great workout. I went up a bit more with some exercises and really felt it.

This is what I did:

Super Set:
Lateral Raise: 8's/10's/12's - 15/12/8/
Arnold Press: 10's/12's/15's/12's - 15/12/8/8 reps

Progressive Set:
Upright Row: 30#/35#/40# - 40#/35#/25# - 15/12/8 - 8/12/15 reps

Super Set:
Alternate Front Raise: 5's/8's/10's - 15/12/8 reps
Plate Twist-Twist: 12# - 3 sets/10 reps

Progressive Set

Reverse Fly: 8's/10's/12's - 15's/12's/10's - 15/12/8 - 8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Superman Stretch: 10 reps each side 2x's
Plank Twist-Twist: 30 seconds 2x's

Diane Sue - I may check out those workouts. I need something new, getting kind of tired of Body Beast. Can't wait for Hammer & Chisel!!!

Roselyn - Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Today I did a combination of Lean Legs and Abs and Great Glutes. I did it like this, Lean Legs and Abs skipping the stretch, Great Glutes timesaver 2 that skips the floor work and I skipped the warm up, back to Lean Legs and abs bonus barre, abs, and stretch. This took 1 hr 51 minutes . I almost skipped the last part thinking 7 3 minutes was probably enough, but as you can see I didn't. I never can remember which bonus has the calves which I wanted to do and of course I chose the wrong one. It is Great Glutes that has calves and firewalker leg curls on the bonus. I need to add that to my notebook because the workout manager and chapters do not show what exactly is on the I should just do the Compound standing for Great Glutes and then the other segments :) Although legs is more quad and outer thigh intensive and Glutes is more glutes and hamstring intensive. But you get both in the compound work somewhat.
Now I am going to go work my arms and shoulders painting my bathroom. o_O

Roselyn, I hope that your rest was good. We all need one or two of those now and then.

Debbie, nice work with increasing the weights.

Today's workout was X train ride timesaver 1, 36 minutes, 8.3 miles, 257 calories. I then did Piyo Strength Total Body Blast with the gliding discs, 30 minutes, 134 calories. I tried an Autumn Calabrese you tube to see how I liked her personality and training, it was Luscious leg lottery, 11 minutes, 55 calories.(4 rounds of standing non-weighted exercises in sets of twelve rep) pretty easy. I finished with some Sarah Beth Yoga, hands free 20 minute yoga. Total time was 97 minutes and calories burned 488.

I decided to move on from Body Beast, just getting sick of doing them. I am going back to the rotation I used to do back in the day by Chad Waterbury. It's called "Full Body Training" and I love this rotation. It's 8 weeks long. You do three full body workouts a week so this leaves me two days for cardio. Yay!!! Each workout is different with sets/reps and rest. It mixes it up so your body gains muscle and I always had excellent results doing it.

This is what I did:

3 sets/5 reps - 1 minute rest between each set

Flat Barbell Bench Press - 75#
Barbell Row - 62#
Leg Press Station - 155#
Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 62#
Barbell Curls - 50#
Close Grip Barbell Triceps Press - 60#

This workout was only 35 minutes so I was able to walk 1 mile on my treadmill as well. :)

Today I did 30 minutes to Fitness Cardio Pump workout 1 (cardio) 36 minutes because I ended up starting the warm up over because I had to stop for a few minutes to see my grandson 4 out to the car) 187 calories. I then did the same dvd but, workout 2 strength 33 minutes, 199 calories. I wanted a bit more for weights so I did Flex Train but skipped the warm up, ch 2, ch3, and ch 5, all had shoulders, and back in them 32 minutes, 170 calories. On Cardio Pump since it is a pyramid down workout but changes exercises I used 20, 15, and 12's but on legs I used 25, 20, 15. Total time ended up being 1 hr 41 minutes and calories burned 556. I ordered a Chiroflo Premium water Pillow Saturday, to try for my neck, shoulder issues. I just wake up with the which goes away after am moving for awhile only to come back later in the day. I think it is arthritis in my neck :confused: The symptoms fit the doc saying arthritis and the symptoms online.

Debbie, that looks like it would be a good program. Nice work on the weights too. I like alternating full body workouts. I still haven't come up with a plan yet. I have to think what is doable for me and get me results.

Today I did Cardio Coach #5. Love being able to do cardio again, I really missed it and can feel my endurance has slipped a bit. I'll get it back, though. I have a love/hate thing with CC5 but I had a great workout.

Workout was 54 minutes long, ran 3.26 miles and burned 338 calories which I think is BS. Treadmill said I burned 506 calories.

Today ended up doing my workout in the afternoon. I had to take one of our computers in early this morning for repairs. I almost skipped it. I hate working out later in the day. Workout was Ripped With Hiit Low Impact Hiit 1 and abs 1, 38 minutes, 295 calories, I really got my HR up today, I am not sure why. Maybe because I am tired and coming down with a something. I then did P90X yoga, 31 minute, 127 calories. Time was 69 minutes and calories burned 422.

This morning I had so much to do so I just did Les Mills Pump and Burn, 36 minutes. This pretty much hit lower, back, shoulders the a bit, chest and core. Tomorrow is going to be another busy run errands day. We will see. Maybe another short workout.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Today I did Cardio Coach #1. Had a great workout. I also did Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch. Really need to do that more often. I say that all the time. LOL!!!

Workout was 36 minutes, ran 2.38 miles and burned 319 calories.

Roselyn- I got them a long time ago on some website. I have the .pdf if you'd like me to email it to you. You can read up on how the workouts are done and I can send you my workout sheets as well. I love this rotation, I've done it several times. Let me know. I'll need your email address.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit 2 with core 2, 44 minutes, 271 calories. I then did X Train Burn Sets Biceps with the stretch , 20 minutes, 116 calories. Total time 65 miutes, 387 calories.

Today was Day 3 of the Full Body Training that I'm doing. Had a great workout today.

This is what I did, workout was 33 minutes:
Warmup using Cathe's Muscle Max

2 sets/15 reps with 2 minute rest between each set

Weighted Dips - 20# (barbell)
Standing Dumbbell Curls - 15's
Static Lunges - 20's
Lateral Raise - 10's
Bent-Over Reverse Flyes - 12's
Incline Dumbbell Flyes - 20's

I also did 1 mile on my treadmill.

Roselyn - I'll email it in a few.

Diane Sue - Nice workout!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.