Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2024

I just ordered STS 2.0 and new workout gloves!! :D

This morning I did RAW Burn Out Lower Body and had a great workout. I wish Kelly had more just leg workouts, there really aren't that many to choose from. I was going to Butts & Guts from Cathe but decided I didn't have enough time.

This is in superset fashion, each done in 45 second increments with a 15 second rest.

Squats: 20's
BW Squat to Calf Raise

Reverse Lunges: 15's
BW Lunges w/Pulses

Plies: 25#
BW Plie Pops
x3

Front/Side Lunges (I did Deadlifts): 40# barbell
Side to Side BW Lunges (I did Cross Back Lunges)
x3

Bridge - I used my green cloth band and just did 4 sets using both legs (Kelly alternates legs for 3 sets each leg)

Workout was 43 minutes, burned 261 calories, HR was 114/150.

Diane - I agree, Shadow boxing 1 is not a great workout. I liked it at first but with that horrible music in it, I really can't stand to do it anymore. Oh well, she has so many great boxing workouts, not doing that one ever again is fine by me. I'm getting used to the Garmin, but geez. Why mess with something that was already good? I have to admit, though, I'm glad the workout info doesn't take up the whole screen anymore, that was annoying.

Roxie - Good point, but I'm still funny about that. Back in the day I wore such skimpy suits, now I feel funny wearing a short skirt. I'm not sure what has changed in me. Age probably.

Roselyn - Great workout! I did a few of CDorner's KB workouts and they are fun.

Jolie - Hope you are doing ok today. Been thinking about you. Glad you did a walk yesterday, try to keep up with your workouts if possible. They always make us feel better.

Have a great day my friends!!

Last edited:
Reactions: WD
Hi,

Today is a rest day from Prime. It‘s also the last week of the challenge. Sydney will release another summer challenge May 6. Can‘t wait what she comes up with. I will do some Cathe workouts until than.

Today I walked outside. It‘s cooler outside today.

Debbie - STS2 was on the daily deal a few day‘s ago. I will let you know when it comes up again, which is weekly. Yes, the daily deal coupon are still available. If you add 2 things in your cart, use coupon code SAVE15. https://cathe.com/coupons/ In case you add more, lol?

Diane - thanks for the heads up on the Tabata. I hate modifying the entire workout. I agree, not worse it.I hope your monogram went well yesterday. I always run my errands when I have an doc appointments . I have a ortho appointment today to pick up my night retainers. I will hit the grocery stores today too.

Roselyn - nice KB workout yesterday. That one looks good.

Jolie - I am so sorry you and your family are going through this ((((HUGS)))). How is your dad doing? I will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Roxie - good for you. I am sure you rock that bikini.

I have to get ready for my appointment. BBL

Belinda - There was only 1 STS DVD in the Daily Deals today but I was able to use the 15% off coupon because I also ordered new workout gloves. Buying the two items gave me free shipping and it was under the cost of the STS 2.0 total amount. So I was happy!

Today I had an excellent workout even though I am so sore from the weight workout on Tuesday. I did STS 2.0 Upper Body workout #1 again, I did it over the weekend but wanted to do it again because I liked it so much. Next, I did STS 2.0 ABS/Core workout Standing Metabolic Core and liked it a lot. I hope it doesnt screw up my low back all of the twisting was hard on it. I ended my workout with a 1 mile, 20 minute uphill walk on my TM and it has made me feel better. Total workout time was 1 hour 40 minutes and I burned 634 calories.

I have been walking around in a daze, no energy and a lot of stress in my body. The workouts will be my saving grace going through all of this with my dad and possibly my mom has something going on as well. She has two doctors' appointments today and my dad has his Oncology appointment later today. I am so scared for the call that I am going to get after the appointment, but if you know my dad, he will fight this to the end. He already has had some supplements flown in for Germany and Denmark that are unavailable in the US for Cancer. I will never underestimate my dad and his remarkable strength to fight, especially when it comes to his health. Thanks for the kind words and prayers, it is greatly appreciated. I am going to see them on Saturday to help with anything that they need.

Debbie, since I love this workout that I have been doing, I will be ordering other workouts as well. I do not mind having dvd's, it is so easy to find the premixes. Great job on the lower body workout today, you are killing it. I am up to 20's for seated overhead presses and 17's for Bicep Curls, my strength is improving a lot. I am also using 25's and 30# DBS for 1 Arm Rows again. I need new lifting gloves and micro load gloves too. I will go on and order them today.

Diane Sue, I hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Roselyn, great job on the workout and thanks for the kind words for my dad. I remember when you were going through it with your dad, such a stressful time in our lives. How is your mom doing?

Belinda, enjoy your rest day!

I hope you all have a great day.

Today I did STS 2.0 Supersets Upper Body+Calves premix, 55 minutes, 157 calories, heart rate 99/135. I used the strength setting on the Garmin. I should try cardio again next time and see if it is any better.
I followed with CDorner chair yoga+ her challenge ankle and calf, 40 minutes, 61 calories. The yoga was split a bit as I had to stop and go back so I just added it all together. The chair yoga was good. She uses the chair in a variety of ways and it is a deep stretch. Total time was 95 minutes, 218 calories. Super Sets is a long workout done with the legs in it. I started out thinking I was going to do Trisets upper and when it hit the rows I realized I put the wrong dvd in. For that reason I just grabbed the bar as it was loaded at the start with 35#.

STS 2 Super Sets Total Body premix upper+calves 46:39 minutes
warm up with tubing and 10 and 15# dumbbell,s bench 5 risers on incline

Incline Chest Press #1 20# dbs 8 reps
Barbell wide Overhand Grip Row#1 35# 8 reps
Incline Chest Press #2 15# dbs 8 reps
Barbell wide Overhand Grip Row#2 55# 8 reps
Incline Chest Press #3 20# dbs 8 reps
Barbell wide Overhand Grip Row#3 55# 8 reps

Kneeling Sweeper Curl #1 17.5# dbs 8 reps (option is standing)
Incline Lying Triceps Extension #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Kneeling Sweeper Curl #2 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Kneeling Sweeper Curl #3 15# dbs 8 reps

Shrugs #1 20# dbs 8 reps
Calf raise #1 20# dbs 8 reps
Shrugs #2 20# dbs 8 reps
Calf raise #2 20# dbs 8 reps
Shrugs #3 20# dbs 8 reps
Calf raise #3 20# dbs 8 reps

Incline Chest Fly #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Barbell Underhand Grip Row #1 55# 8 reps
Incline Chest Fly #2 15# dbs 8 reps
Barbell Underhand Grip Row #2 55# 8 reps
Incline Chest Fly #3 15# dbs 8 reps
Barbell Underhand Grip Row #3 55# 8 reps

Hammer Curls #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Single Arm Triceps Kickback with Loop #1 12# db pink loop 8 reps R/L
Hammer Curls #2 15# dbs 8 reps
Single Arm Triceps Kickback with Loop #2 12# db pink loop 8 reps R/L
Hammer Curls #3 15# dbs 8 reps
Single Arm Triceps Kickback with Loop #3 12# db pink loop 8 reps R/L

Single Arm Side Lateral Raise #1 10# db 8 reps L/R
Double Arm Thumb to Thumb Rear Delt Fly #1 8# dbs
Single Arm Side Lateral Raise #2 10# db 8 reps L/R
Double Arm Thumb to Thumb Rear Delt Fly #2 8# dbs
Single Arm Side Lateral Raise #3 10# db 8 reps L/R
Double Arm Thumb to Thumb Rear Delt Fly #3 5# dbs
Abbreviated Stretch

Debbie, I think you will love STS 2.0. Great that you were able to get the discount and some new gloves. Great job on Raw Lower Body Burn Out today. I guess there is TBTS legs and the lower body pyramids. Other than that I suppose it would be some of the cardio and weight work. Even the separated body parts workouts are primarily upper. I think the Garmin app is having problems. I had to hunt around to find my workout when I was done. Then after picking up things I went back to write in my notebook and they had a red box saying they had a problem they were trying to get fixed. I do not like that my workout was not on my main screen.

Belinda, enjoy your rest day from the Prime workout. It comes in handy for me to get some shopping done when I am in the area most of my appointments are. My next appointment will be my cardiovascular doctor. I had changed the appointment when my knee was all swollen. It is just the yearly check.

Jolie, great job on STS 2 Upper Body 1 and the Metabolic Standing Core. That is my favorite of the abs workouts. I do like the mix that does the standing and floor core with the weight plates as well. I try not get carried away with twists like that since I do have trouble with space in the spine. The same goes for Russian Twists. I do not lean back very far or twist to far. Kelly had Sammy sitting up when doing the twists and adjusted the move since she has had back surgery. Prayers for your parents. I am not surprised that from your description of your dad that he is getting an arsenal of supplements for cancer. I think you and I would do the same.

My mom is doing great Jolie,thanks for asking .She has her little independent apartment she gets two meals a day and has made a ot of friends.

Today was chest, shoulders and triceps

This morning I did RAW Kickboxing 1 and loved it. This is a very fun workout and the music isn't horrible.

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 322 calories, did 3258 steps and HR was 136/154. I had to go into work early so only had time for a half hour workout.

Diane - Is this the workout you said you didn't like because of the music or did you mean Shadow Boxing 1? I went back and read your post and you said Kickboxing 1. I like this workout and didn't think the music was too bad. Just curious. Shadow Boxing 1 is the one I can't stand the music in.

I am in a training so I dont have time for other personals but you all are kicking butt! Have a great weekend!!

Hi,

Prime Day 19 Upper body (Back, biceps and shoulder). Tomorrow is the last workout in Prime.

Debbie - great job with your Raw Kickboxing workout. Glad you took advantage of the daily deal yesterday. Free shipping is always good. Let me know what you think of the STS 2.

Roselyn - glad your mom is doing well and made some friends.

Diane - good luck with your next appointment. I am done for awhile. Great job with your workout yesterday.

Jolie - nice job yesterday.

Waving Hi to Roxie.

Have a great Friday.

Today I did STS 2 Supersets Lower Body only+ bonus from Body Parts Legs, 28 minutes, 83 calories, heart rate 97/124. I used cardio settings and it did not help my calorie burn. I never get why you ladies get so many calories with weight work. I use heavy weights and push hard. I am sweating, but calorie bun stinks. I am glad that I see results or I would feel like I need to do something else. I am not worried about burning lots of calories. Still battling keeping weight on. I then did CDorner Step in the Alps # 376, 31 minutes, heart rate 126/152, 158 calories.
I finished off with CDorner gentle lower body stretch day 3, 15 minutes, 25 calories. Total time was 74 minutes, 266 calories, 3,328 steps.
The step was okay and music good, but Chris lost it and the guy Phillipe kept going. People were walking by and each time she would seem to lose it and once she just stopped. They were at a golf course I think working in what looked like a parking lot. She used a step platform and the guy just used a doormat. No impact in this one. Faster paced at 140bpm.

STS 2 Super Sets Total Body: Lower body only with Body Parts Legs bonus added

Squats #1 30# dbs 8 reps
Deadlifts #1 55# barbell 8 reps
Squats #2 30# dbs 8 reps
Deadlifts #2 55# barbell 8 reps
Squats #3 30# dbs 8 reps
Deadlifts #3 55# barbell 8 reps

Alternating Sumo Squat#1 30# db 8 reps
Alternating cross back lunge#1 20# dbs 8 reps
Alternating Sumo Squat#2 30# db 8 reps
Alternating cross back lunge#2 20# dbs 8 reps
Alternating Sumo Squat#3 30# db 8 reps
Alternating cross back lunge#3 20# dbs 8 reps

Body Parts Legs bonus
Hamstring hip hinge using platform 20# db 12 reps L/R
Firewalker Ladder medium loop band
Pizza Press medium fabric band

Debbie, nice work on Raw Kickboxing #1 today. I went back and checked and it was that one that I did not care for the music so much. I think Kelly did something that threw me off too. Maybe it was just one of those days. I have been so indecisive and bored with workouts lately.

Roselyn, good job on chest shoulders and triceps.

Belinda, nice work on Prime Day Upper Body back, biceps, and shoulders. I ty to schedule appointments through summer months if possible. Saves driving distance in not so good weather.

Hi,

Today I did my last workout in Prime. I finished with D20 Cardio and Core.It‘s raining here. No walk.

Diane - fantastic job on your STS 2 Supersets Lower Body only+ bonus from Body Parts Legs. That‘s a good idea schedule appointments through summer months if possible.

Have a great weekend. I probably will do a nice stretch and walk tomorrow.

Today I did Raw Step Toning 38 minutes, heart rate 122/171, 171 calories, 1,352 steps. My heart rate did not really pick up till the last round after I remembered to loosen my watch one notch. I forget when I tighten it to get accurate pulse ox. I also did STS 2 mish mosh standing abs. I forgot this is not all standing as it gets to the end there are floor moves. This was 20 minutes, 88 calories, heart rate 116/140, 376 steps. Total time was 58 minutes, 259 calories, 1,728 steps. This is a tough workout. I started first round with 12's like Kelly and dropped to 10's for the last two rounds.

Coffey Fit Raw Step Toning April 2023 listed in Cardio category
37 total minutes, using step with 3 risers Kelly 12# dumbbells says moderate weights
8 moves done 3 times vertical step

Basic Step up step down kickstand deadlift alternating 12# dbs
Straddle step squat thrust
sit and stand straddling step with alternating overhead press 12#/ 10# dbs (I started all the way to the step and changed to just squat as low as I could as going to the step was so low I was below my knees)
side lunge off step knee up switch sides
squat/ hands on step hop(or jump) feet off the floor /squat into biceps curl 12# dbs
step on leg lift back/kick front
snatch/overhead triceps extension db I used 12#/10#
side of step with leg extension out alternating sides
repeat 2 more rounds of all moves

Belinda nice work finishing up with Prime Day 20 Cardio and Core. It is dark here and storm warnings along with a tornado watch and possible hail. We went out early to get some paint for inside the garage touch up and stopped to eat. We were going to go to Petsmart, but decided to go home. Not wanting to be caught in a storm. So far all of these warnings only a little so far.

Hi,

I went for a long walk today.

Diane - thank you. Stay safe during this tornado Watch. I don‘t blame you for not wanting to go home during the storm. Great job on your workout yesterday.

Roselyn - great job on your workout yesterday.

Jolie - how is your dad doing?

Good night.

Today I had an excellent workout, I did STS Upper Body Workout #1 again, it is my favorite. Workout was 1 hour, and I burned 419 calories. I am lifting heavy weights, the most I have in 4 years, and I am seeing results! Even though I have a lot of stress in my body because of my dad, my workouts are better than ever. They are going to save me through this whole ordeal with my dad. I saw him on Saturday, cut his hair and my moms and took them out to lunch. I had a stiff cocktail with him, we thought why not, it could be our last, you never know. He is very thin, but we had supplements flown in from Germany that are helping a lot, his energy is getting better, and he is eating more food. All I can do is visit as much as possible and pray to God he has a lot more time with us.

Nice job on all of the workouts over the weekend and today. We are all killing it! I am sending my dad a ton of whey protein drinks today with high carbs and high levels of protein for him to drink throughout the day. Let's hope that puts some weight on him.

Diane Sue, did you have a tornado by your house? Holy smokes, did the mid west get hit hard a few days ago or what! That would scare me so much.

Have a great day.

This morning I did RAW Cardio Crush 3 and had a great workout. Something in my upper shoulder blade, left side and down under my armpit was really hurting yesterday. I have no clue why or what I did. I used my Body Buddy and worked out the area and damn if there weren't a ton of knots all over the area. I then placed a heated bean bag along the length of my shoulder blade and it feels better today. I hope it goes away.

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 351 calories and HR was 131/157. I forgot to log my steps. I like all the combos in this workout except the last one which is squat thrusts and mountain climbers. No thanks. I did three-squat pulses alternating and then did cross-back lunges. worked out great.

Diane - I hope you guys are ok with all those storms that rolled through. OMG, they said like over 100 tornadoes was working their way through the middle of the country. So scary!! Hope you are ok.

Jolie - Great job with your workout, my STS 2 comes today. I can't wait to check them out. I'm glad you are spending time with your mom and dad and I hope your dad can gain some weight. My mom is getting very frail and it makes me so sad.

Roselyn - Great workout!

Belinda - Good job on the long walk. I wanted to go walking yesterday, it's beautiful here in Ohio now, 84 degrees yesterday. We just didn't have the time. Looking foward to our summer months!

Have a great day everyone!

Good Evening,

DH dog and I went for a 32 minute 1.53 mile walk today since it’s the only day it’s not supposed to storm and we don’t have plans. Tomorrow night we have to go to my DD’s house for one of the boy’s birthday and the oldest one has a concert plus we are expecting tornadoes

Today I did Raw Cardio Core Fusion, 33 minutes and used 3 risers instead of the 4 they used, 169 calories, heart rate 130/158, 1,666 steps. I then did Raw Boxing Finisher, 15 minutes, 79 calories, heart rate 125/149, 842 steps. I finished off with CDorner Day 17 Full Body Mobility Flow in a field, 14 minutes, 29 calories. I plan on doing STS 2 Tri-sets tomorrow. Total time was 62 minutes, 277 calories. We got the thunderstorms and rain, but the tornados did not hit here. We were under a tornado warning though. I need to go out in the garage and clean out the shelter in our garage. I have never used it though, but springtime I have it ready and make sure light batteries are fresh. I got in once a long time ago, but the dog would not get in and now she could never climb down the steps. My husband will not get in, so I think there is not a reason for me to shut myself into it.
The City Hit bad was where we visited last month celebrating our anniversary. We stayed in a cabin outside the city and went to that city for dinner. It is really sad looking at the mess.

Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Core Fusion 33:36 minutes
Step with 4 risers used and easy to follow. Suggestion to lower step height to take it down a bit or add weighted vest or weights to give even more of a challenge. Moves are timed 1 minute. This is low impact.

Plank knee to wrist/elbow /wrist alternating sides
right leg step up tap
right leg rocking horse
ab seated on step knee pulls

left leg step up tap
left leg rocking horse
ab seated on step knee pulls

plank on step leg lifts alternating
reverse lunge alternating off step with arms held straight forward
straddle step up tap out right
core boxing punches

plank on step leg lifts alternating
reverse lunge off step arms held straight forward
straddle step up tap out left
core boxing and punches

repeat all moves from the top
cooldown and stretch

Belinda, I am glad you got in a walk yesterday.

Jolie, great job on STS 2 Upper Body 1 today. STS 2 does produce results. Prayers for your Dad. It is nice that you can spend time with them. We were pretty lucky as the storms did not hit hard right where we are at this time. More are coming tomorrow and Thursday though. It is that time of year. Ou power kept flickering and went out once.

Roselyn, nice work with Hiit it chest, shoulders and triceps.

Debbie, nice work on Raw Cardio Crush #3. That one seems to have a lot of impact to me. I have only done the short version of it. It does get up the heart rate though.
Sorry you have knots. I hate when that happens. I was going to do upper body weights today, but my shoulders and back are sore after doing Saturday's Raw Step Toning which was a lot tougher than I expected. They are talking chances of more tornado weather coming. I am always happy when we get past the tornado season months.

Hi,

STS Giant Sets is done.

Roselyn - Prime is Sydney C. Challenge. Here is the link:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE5lGVrS3V9em94a4J2f6TaWVt0-HY0cS. Thursday and Sunday are rest day‘s. I liked it. She is coming out with a new challenge May 6.

Debbie - great job with your workout today. glad your weather is finally warming up. We have 84 here too. I hear you on the summer month. Sorry to hear about your mom:(

Jolie - praying for your dad. Glad you spent some time with him.

Diane - great job with your Raw Cardio Core Fusion and mobility workout today.

Roxie - great job with your walk today. I am sure your dog enjoyed it.

Good night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.