Damage Control August!!!

Hi Ladies,

The hike was amazing! The last mile or so was brutal. A lot of rock scrambling at the top which was actually easier than the section before it. It was really steep and rocky. This was definitely a struggle for my cousin, mostly as we got closer to the top. I probably could've finished about 2 hours sooner if I was on my own. The average time is 2.5-3 hours up and 2 hours down. Well it took us 5 hours up and 2 hours down. Her DH and 2 of her kids came so it made for a great day. They picked me up at 3:30 am and we got to trail at 5am, and we got the last parking spot in the lot. After getting all our clothes and gear on we hit the trail at 5:10 am. We could see other head lamps up on the trail. I was beat by the time I got home, all I did was take a 2 hour nap, shower, eat dinner, and go back to bed.

My goal for the next 2 weeks is to finish up STS. My lower back is feeling better so I need to finish it up. I have a 9 mile run scheduled for October 4th so I'm going to start running more. I enjoy it more in the fall/spring anyway when it isn't so hot.

Today DS1 and MIL came over for my birthday BBQ! Unfortunately DS3 had to work. We had grilled ribeyes, potato salad, salad, brussel sprouts, and potato casserole. I made dessert, it had cream cheese, peanut butter, chocolate stuffed oreos, cool whip, powdered sugar, chocolate pudding and reese's pb cups. It was yummy. I had steak, salad and brussel sprouts and dessert.

Beth-great job with Imax 2!!! I don't do that very much anymore, but I love Interval/Blast 9! Interval 3 hurts my feet/bunions too much, all the jumping on 1 foot etc. Enjoy your vacation.

LL-your vacation w/o's look great! I hope you have a fantastic vacation. I agree with Beth, just running after and playing with kids would be a workout.

Tina--Garage doors are expensive. We bought insulated garage doors and openers a couple years ago, think they were $3500. The carriage style is beautiful, I'm sure you will love them!! We have a lot to do around here too, just not the funds to do it all. We have a list we are working on, and saving as much money as possible so we can pay as we go. Oh my, what a scary day on the water! Glad to hear everyone was okay.
Where do you live that you are so close to the ocean?

bbl

Hi all,

Sat. was a bike ride and Sunday was Tempo chest/tris-which is like slow and heavy but with different counting styles. It's only the second time I've done the tempo workouts. Sagi counts too fast so I paused a lot and did it much more controlled. My doms are there today! On tap for today is the heavier leg workout. I also have to mow, vacuum, carry stuff cleared out from upstairs down for the yard sale, and do errands. I have quite a list today!

Tina, your weekend sounded like fun!

Beth

This morning was STS W1D1 and yoga abs. Tonight will be GS with DH.

Diana, we live along the itty bitty portion of coastline in NH, which is only 13 miles long. It's really rocky and beautiful. We always comment an how lucky we are to live here. We're less than an hour from Boston and Portland Maine, and two hours from the White Mountains. Our winters are a bummer, but the summers here are fantastic! Your hike sounded like a tough one! That's a long day on your feet. We just took a tiny hike and I could feel my knee the whole next day. Good thing you're in peak shape! :)

Beth, your chores sound like a real workout! I hope it all went smoothly.

Hi to LL, hope your get-away was great.

Oh, and I just ordered the ICE series. Who did I think I was kidding when I told myself I would sit this pre sale out??? Really?!

Hi Ladies,

I hope to do STS Chest & Back tonight. I've had a busy day at work.

Beth-yep, your chores will be quite the workout today. S&H lifting always makes me sore.

Tina-Isn't LL in NH too? I've been to both Boston and Portland, Maine. My Uncle lives in his house in Boston during the winter and on the Ocean of Maine in the summer. He lives in Muscongus Bay. We can swim right of his dock. DH helped me with my tri swimming a couple of years ago while we were there. Other than the water being so cold, it was great! He has the best oceans views too. He even calls one of his rooms "the ocean room". My knees were hurting a bit as we were coming down, the stepping down seemed to hurt more than the sloping down. Yesterday though my knees felt fine.

LL-hope you are having a great vacation.

bbl

Oh, and I just ordered the ICE series. Who did I think I was kidding when I told myself I would sit this pre sale out??? Really?

Lol! I have to get all of Cathe's too.

Yesterday was M1D3 legs and the extended stretch. I did a quick 20 mile ride with DH last night. This morning was M1D2 back and triceps. I'm still busy painting the outside of the house.

Diana, are you all finished with your round of STS now? Will you do another round this winter? Have you heard from the potential new job?

Beth, I'm slowly making my way through EBE2. I plan on trying the weighted glutes tomorrow. I'm thinking in two weeks I can mail them out to you. :)

LL, you must be still away. I hope you're enjoying this gorgeous weather!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.