Damage Control August!!!

Happy Monday!

No workout this morning. I kind of enjoy not working out on Monday mornings. I may do something tonight, we'll see. I'm sort of leaning towards the BR 30 day challenge. I prefer this challenge over the fat burn challenge I'm working on now. They are mostly 45 min or longer, a full w/o. The Fat Burn challenge is much shorter and better for an add on.

Tina-wow, you've got some awesome w/o's in. Really-a 58 mile bike ride!!! Do you have certain routes that you do that you already know the mileage on? I walk around my basement between sets to get help me get my steps in. :)

LL-you are a busy mom of 4, the rest of us aren't in that boat any longer. No wonder you are tired. I like to get my 8hrs of sleep, but that rarely happens. I usually get around 7 and seem to do okay with that. My DH only sleeps between 5-6hrs and is good with that. I need much more sleep than he does.

Beth-Nice job keeping up with your Body Beast w/o's with your hectic schedule.

bbl

Hi ladies,

I ended up starting the BR 30 Day challenge last night. I walked at lunch and did BR day 1 last night. This morning I ran 4 miles. I wanted to do 5 miles but didn't get started in time.

I'm not sure if I mentioned that DS3 lost his cell phone...the one I just bought on May 31st. UGH. He lost it in the warehouse at work last Wednesday afternoon. I was able to contact ATT and find out that there hasn't been any activity on it, but he has been unable to find it. I tried using find my mobile, but he didn't have the Samsung account activated on his phone. Finally last night we just submitted a claim for it. I'm so angry. If the claim is approved, his new phone will arrive sometime this week. I'm making him pay the $99 deductible and will probably make him start paying for his portion of the cell phone bill.

LL-Great job with GS legs, that is one of my favorite leg w/o's. I have STS legs on the schedule for tomorrow. At least the plyo legs in Meso 3 are only about 45 minutes and doable before work.

bbl to see what Beth and Tina are up to.

My calves are killing me today! I got in Step Blast premix combos 1,2,3 add on no cool down! 31 min. I was supposed to yoga inspired abs but just could not get it in. Today is Hubby's bday and I needed to make a cake and had to run to the store. And we got Chinese for dinner is always back because I ate gen. tso's chicken and shrimp mei fun. And a lot of it! I think GS chest or something like that is for tomorrow. I don't have the upper body GS so I'll be doing XTrain Butn sets. And maybe tack on core from XTrain or today's yoga inspired.

Diana- I would like to try STS sometime. But I will wait until the premixes are on Cathe demand and then I'll probably sign up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

This morning was Disc 26-Plyo Legs. My shoulders were really feeling the warm up. I think its from all the clean & press and squat & press from the BR w/o! I'm having a microderm and collagen facial tonight. I'm so looking forward to it. I do not like this aging thing one bit. All the wrinkles around my eyes and the lines down my cheek when I smile. I've had botox several times and it helps, but you have to keep doing it and I can't really afford/or justify that expense. My aesthetician said filler would work good for me. That is way out of my price range.

My nutribullet keeps leaking. DH asked what I wanted for me birthday, well I'm thinking a vitamix or blendtec blender. They are available at Bed, Bath & Beyond and he can use my 20% discount. Still very expensive. I'm sure with all the blenders I've burned out, then getting the Ninja, and now the nutribullet, hopefully the top of line brand will last. I'm sick of having to clean up a mess every morning when I make my smoothie.

LL-Step Blast is so much fun! I just did that one recently. The STS weight workouts don't have any premixes-that I know of. They are definitely on the longer side, 55-67 minutes. My next disc is 67 minutes and I will have to do that in the evening. I think tomorrow morning I will do the next BR w/o. I tend to get the best results with this program-for me that is flat belly and some definition in my arms. Happy Birthday to your DH. I love Chinese food, we only have it on rare occasions and my weight is always up afterwards.

Hi Tina & Beth.

Diana, what is BR? I think you mentioned it before but I forget. Also do tell me about the microderm and collagen facial? Like what it entails, why you do it, results, how old were you when you started and how much it costs. I've have a 2-3 facials in my life all a few years spaced. Usually Dr Hauschka facials and I drive 45 min and pay around $100 and more for product. Botox sounds great but can't justify the expense either. I would like to start small with a nutritionist but that's a lot of money right now too. And I just spent close to $2000 today on a refurbished iMac and school materials and I still have more to buy and your basic Staples supplies. Ugh. I love my vitamix. Sixteen years old and still works, but not the variable settings. And I'm up a pound from the Chinese![emoji21]

Today I did Burn Sets Bis and Tris but I could only do 2 of those Tricep push-ups. My shoulder was killing me!

This week so far has been CF, GS C&T, Kickbox Surge, GS Legs (standing portion only), and a 39 mile bike ride. I've done nothing today, but will join DH tonight for GS BSB. Tomorrow will be TTM and maybe a short bike ride in the evening. DH is on vacation starting Saturday. It's just a staycation, but we plan on biking, hiking, kayaking, and upper body lifting. I'm going with the flow, whatever DH feels like doing, I'm not planning anything.

Diana, I've been without a blender for months. I got so frustrated with my old one leaking everywhere and then being almost impossible to take apart to clean, I tossed it. I do miss having one. We have a Drink Master that I love, but it's only good for mixing protein powders. Is your birthday soon?

LL, when are you starting back up with homeschooling? I love shopping for school materials and figuring out schedules. I find DS's behavior is so much better with structure.

Beth, what are you up to? I hope you're not working overtime!

Hi all,

Nice to see everyone has been working out so much! Wow...I'm feeling like a slacker here. Today is the last of this week's bulk workout (shoulders). I have now completed 4 weeks of bulk and I'm feeling a little bulky. The program calls for one more week, but I'm not doing that. I'm going into the next phase called beast which mixes up the two sections (build and bulk) and adds in another cardio day. Tuesday I did Afterburn and it was so fun to work out with Cathe! So, I'm off to do shoulders and a cardio-don't know what yet.

Have fun outdoors, Tina! Hope your hubby had a great birthday, LL. Diana, you are really getting a lot of workouts in with your new schedule! Too bad about the cell phone...we just got a list of items needed for his room-coffee table, fridge, and queen mattress and all that goes with that.

Beth

Today was TTM in the a.m. and GS BSB with DH tonight. Yesterday was a rest day, I did nothing but take a few short walks. It felt good to just rest. Hopefully we'll get some good bike rides in this weekend and maybe out for a relaxing kayak with friends tomorrow night.

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

No wo yesterday, didn't do it early and then didn't have the time. Same for today but we went to Hershey Pak and I did almost 18,000 steps!

I'm not sure what I'll be up for tomorrow. But to catch up workouts, I would need to do some kind of combo of KPC/abs (yesterday's ), Burn sets chest, shoulders, back (today's) and tomorrow's is PLB. So maybe I should do 30 min premix KPC and a total body something or choose the shortest premixed from all 3 and save abs for Sunday.

Tina, sorry about being w/o blender, I used my vitamix daily and can't part with it even for a week to repair the variable setting! We start back up on Aug 24, only a week away! I'm not ready! Then we go to the beach for 10 days and then to Disney the first week in November. With 2 weeks off at Christmas, few days at thanksgiving and good Friday and Memorial Day, I needed to start then to be finished by June 3, that gives me flexibly to go longer if needed. Or if we take some days off.

Beth, I think so, but it's hard being a work day and the last few years we've been on vacation on his birthday.

Hi Diana!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow Katie! Sounds like a great week!

Yesterday I did KPC premix punching and kicking and abs 41 min. I was hoping to get back to do wts but I ran outta time. Today I'm not sure I'll get anything in. After church there are 2 scrimmages from 1-5 and they each need to be there 30-60 min early. I will probably end up going to the last half of the first one and the first half of the second. So I can have dinner ready when they get back. And then exercise and weekly food prep...

School starts in a week!!! I'm still not really ready. I have stuff to organize and and stuff to buy still and the usual staples shopping for supplies.

Hi Ladies,

No workout to report for Thursday or Friday..and I was short on steps those days too. We finally met with someone to update our 3 bathrooms! Although we've picked everything out, it won't be installed until the first 2 weeks of November. We are getting quartz countertops, undermount sinks with new hardware, porcelain tile flooring, new lighting and new toilets. They will do the master and 3/4 bath the first week, and the upstairs bathroom the second week. We do need to have at lease one functioning bathroom. DH and I are going to purchase the lights and the knobs for the vanities today I think. In the spring, if we can save enough money, then we will do the carpeting and painting of the rest of the house. Lastly will be the kitchen, another year or so out from the carpeting. We are thinking a full gut job, reconfiguration, plumbing and gas will have to be moved etc. If we go this route we'll probably have to take out a home equity loan.

Yesterday I did BR Day 2 and STS disc 27-CST. Then I had a massage in the afternoon. I have several services built up so I'm using them.

LL-I very much remember the expenses of going back to school. It was so expensive, with school supplies, school clothes, school fees, pictures etc. I only get facials occasionally. I have a membership at Hand and Stone and they do facials/peels etc and massage. I only had one facial there before and didn't care for the aesthetician. The gal I saw this time was really good, and actually interned at the Med Spa I usually go to for my facials, botox etc. I suffered from cystic acne after I had my 3rd son. I took oral medication for years and that helped a lot. I still have some hyper-pigmentation and have the occasional breakout. Being almost 50, my skin needs more hydration but nothing that will cause breakouts. BR is bodyrock.tv, they have a youtube channel with free workouts. My favorite is the 30 day real time challenge, which is what I'm doing now.

Tina-you had an amazing week of w/o's! I'm sure you are looking forward to DH's vacation. I use my blender daily and cannot live without one. The nutribullet sometimes works great and sometimes leaks. I'm looking at getting a vitamix, they are around $500. Bed Bath and Beyond doesn't carry them in store so you have to order online. When I looked at that yesterday, Vitamix doesn't honor the BBB 20% coupon. I'm going to check costco and see if they are any cheaper. Yes, my birthday is September 1st.

Beth-You will lean out with the additional cardio day for sure. The college expenses seem to be never ending. Are your kids changing dorms? My niece who goes to school in Hawaii, was able to put all of her stuff in storage, and it will be delivered to her new dorm when she goes back to school in a couple weeks.

bbl

Diana, the updates sound like a great plan. Our bathrooms are very dated. The only thing we ever did to them here is remove the carpets and put tile down. Good thing you have enough that you won't be without a bathroom at any one time! So you are on Meso 3! Have you increased your weights a lot this time around? I was able to match Cathe on Afterburn for every exercise-first time ever. I usually use lighter than her so I don't hurt my shoulder. What are you planning after this Meso? I'm thinking I'll follow Body Beast schedule and sub in Cathe workouts. So this week is a 4 day split-Chest/Tri, Legs, Back/Bi, Shoulder and 2 cardio workouts. Next week is back to 5 day split and 1 cardio. For 4 weeks you alternate between the two and that is the last phase. I have enough Cathe weight routines that I could do this.

LL, at least back to school just means back to your school time routine! I always hated the end of the summer when the boys went away to school! My youngest goes back this Thursday already. Today is finish wash for him and go pick up a coffee table he found through the Facebook local online yardsale. Now if I could just find some 30lb. dumbbells on it! DS 2 starts next Monday with his commute. It's his senior year!

Tina, I bet you were able to get some great rides in this past weekend! How is the puppy?

BBL to see what everyone is up to!

Beth

Diana, we have Hand and Stone around here, but they are all very expensive. And Jackson needs a bat and they are $180 on sale! Only to grow out of it in a year! Your bathrooms sound like a dream. Right now I'd just settle for all the cracks/dents in the walls/doors fixed or replaced, oh and a new deck would be nice, so the kids don't get splinters and so it's not leaning!

Beth,true, structure is good!

Yesterday I did XTrain bonus barre (15 m) and yoga max express 1 (30 m). Today will be SJP or at least a premix from it it's so long!

Hi Ladies,

No workout to report. I can say that my triceps are super sore from SBT on Sat. I plan on walking at lunch and running some errands tonight. I can definitely see some changes with the braces. I had a canine tooth that never came down all the way. It is quite visible now but still needs to be moved into place. The archwire keeps coming out on the bottom at the back molar. It came out last Tuesday and I went Friday morning and had it put back in. Saturday night, it popped out again. I have an appt for Wednesday morning. I've been every week since I had them put on in July for this very same problem. It literally takes them less than a minute to put it back where it belongs. They said it's because the 1st archwire is very flexible, once I move to the next thickness archwire that this won't happen. I have a self ligating system so the 1st archwire is so small that it floats within the brackets. The archwire tries to retain it's original shape which is what puts the pressure on my teeth to straighten them.

We may have to take out a home equity loan or line of credit to do all the updates to the house. The bathrooms are costing around 15K and we have a third of that saved up. I'm going to funnel as much as I can into our update account, but it's not possible to have it all saved up by November.

Beth-I just follow my worksheets from the last time I did STS and use those weights. Yesterday I used 84# for bench press and rows, 35# for chest flies and 37# for one arm rows, and 74# for incline chest press. You have to work your way up through the other meso cycles to lift this much. I was happy there was only 7 reps! If I'm feeling strong, I'll lift heavier. The weights I have don't allow me to go much heavier. My heaviest DB's are 35s. I wish I had 40's, especially for back. You are doing great with your w/o's. I have several ideas of what to do next, but haven't committed to anything yet.

LL-I have a membership, it costs me $49.95/mo which pays for 1 service a month. I can choose a massage or a facial. What costs more are all the add-ons, like aromatherapy, hot stone, dermabrasion etc., or if they try to sell you product. I literally think I paid thousands of dollars...not exaggerating...on cleats for football, baseball and soccer. DS1's high school baseball bat was almost $400. I don't have any of those expenses anymore. It sounds selfish, but I'm at the point where I'm spending my money on me. I'm done paying for the kids for the most part. DS1 is on his own and pays for his own expenses. We pay for the girls airfare because he cannot afford it. I do have PLUS loan for DS2's college and we help pay for DS3's college. They pretty much pay their own way. DS3 is still on our cell phone plan and I do help him out with clothes/shoes, but we usually split the cost 50/50. We put a lot in our retirement, we couldn't afford that with the kids in school, sports, etc.

Tina-what are you up to?

bbl

Hi all! Diana, I am a weakling compared to you! The most I can bench press is 44 pounds! You are impressive! No wonder you do triathlons and I don't!

Today I did Flex Train for one of my cardios. Beast like metabolic cardio and abs and I thought this one would fit the bill. It was great until I got to the triceps. They are becoming my least favorite body part to work. I pushed through, but grr...would rather not have done them! Oh well, tomorrow is shoulders and then luckily Thursday is a scheduled rest day because we're moving DS2 into his room at the Frat House where he'll live and study for the next school year.

Ll, hope you had fun with SJP, I love the running man and the all of the step portion of that workout.

Tina, is you menagerie faring well in the heat?

Beth

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

This morning was the next STS disc, 29 I think. It was plyo legs. The plyo's are 45-50 minutes, perfect for before work. I have a 7:30 ortho appt tomorrow morning. If I can get up early enough I should have time for 30 min w/o, perhaps DWP or one of the RWH plyo w/o's.

Beth-What don't you like about the tricep work? Shoulders or legs are my favorite body part to work. Glad you have a rest day soon, not sure how much rest you'll get moving your son into the frat house though. :) I don't live this heavy all the time, only when doing Meso 3. I usually stick to 30's or 35's for chest, like when doing GS or something along those lines. To be honest, you need more endurance for triathlons than strength. You need the endurance to do 3 different types of cardio back to back for close to an hour and half to two hours. Brick w/o's help with that, like bike riding for 1 mile and running for a quarter to half mile and repeating 4-7 times.

bbl

No wo for me Monday and yesterday I only had time for the 7 min step blasts from tabatacise. Today I hope to get something it. I may have fallen off of this rotation. Not sure whether to cut my losses and do today's (BM2) or pick up Monday's because I haven't don't that one in eons (SJP) or do whatever strikes my fancy and fits my time and mood when I do wo, which will hopefully be this morning. We are going to the Phillies game tonight as a family! We are season ticket holders (from Hubby's grandmother) and he received 4 more from work!

I still have a ton of school work to organize. But I have ordered almost all of the books I will need this first quarter. I may still need to buy an atlas...

Diana, that is an impressive amount for bench press! I think my max is 63#! I guess I will have to wait a decade or so before I can do those things on a regular basis!

Hi to all who follow!

Did SJP premix 68 min step and wts. I read the premixes wrong and meant to do 45 min step and wts circuit! This was step from step blast. Good workout but bummed I didn't do any step from SJP. I was wondering when I started...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.