Damage Control August!!!

Hi ladies,

No workout Wednesday. The orthodontist ended up changing the bottom archwire. I don't think this one will come out. I was able to walk a bit after dinner but didn't reach my 10K steps. This morning was BR day 4, and tonight I'm going to try to do the next STS disc-SBT.

We got some bad new at work yesterday. One of my teammates has been put on furlough and encouraged to seek other job opportunities. As a consulting company, we all need to have billable work. Some of the projects this person was working on has been delayed. I really like it here, so hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I have an upcoming work trip on Sept. 17th and 18th to Columbus, Ohio.

LL-you got a w/o in even it wasn't what you thought it was going to be. I hate when I pick the wrong premixes.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Gotta get to sleep earlier, so this will a quick check in. I did Hard Strikes today and boy I was really into it! I even did all the sit ups and push ups at the end at her speed! I did all the push ups on my knees because I wanted to keep up. I normally do the first set on my toes and then slow down. Tomorrow on tap is BM2, it will depend on timing if I will do a premix or brave the whole thing.

Diana, I hope that new wire stays in! And the your job stays as well! Better some premix than no premix!

Hi to all the follow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick update: just finished BM2 just the four power circuits and the warm up and cool down about 45 min.

Gotta run bunch of stuff to do before we head to our friend's pool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far this vacation we've done 245 miles, two kayak trips, one small mountain hike, XT upper body and MM upper body premix and some ab work. I'm exhausted and can't wait for DH to go back to work so I can rest. We've done some outside projects around the house but now it's going to rain for the next four days. I did purchase a new seven week workout program for the glutes called Edge Booty Extreme 2. I'm not going to follow it as it's planned out, I'm only going to do bits and pieces. I'll trade it out if I don't love it. I'd be willing to mail it out to any of you in a few weeks if you're interested in trying it out.

Beth, this summer went so fast. It must be bitter sweet to see DS go back to school. You're upcoming split workouts sound great!

Diana, dayum on your weight #!! I think you lift heavier than my DH on some parts. I hope this is the last visit to the ortho for you for awhile for you. We went to a bathroom showroom today to check out vanities and such, we won't do anything until next year. We need to replace garage doors and openers first.

LL, you're workouts sound great! Seems like you're doing longer premixes. :)

Thursday was move in day to the room at the frat house. DS warned me that the boys don't clean during the summer, but oh my...so much trash everywhere! His room was nearly cleaned out, so we put everything left in the hall (with all the other items) and gave the room a good scrub down of the door, the floor, and the vent (sunflower seed galore in there). It smelled a whole lot better after we finished! He got all moved in and seems settled. His roommate is on leave until January so he gets his own room for a semester.

Yesterday I did Super Cuts and felt like I'm finally getting the gist of some of the moves like the windmill holding both weights and the cross over the body with the band and even the tricep extensions with the band. I must be getting stronger and didn't peter out like I usually do on those exercises! Today was Bulk Chest followed by half of Breathless Body-warm up, 4 tabatas, and cool down. I can tell my cardio endurance is suffering a bit, but I really want to weight train for my bones so I'll just do what I can cardio wise.

Tina, your vacation sounds so fun and tiring! I was reading about the Edge Booty Extreme on 2 Lazy for the Gym's website. It sounds really tough! I do like the idea of supersets for the exercises. You'll definitely have to let me know if you like the weight work! I may take you up on trying it. Thanks!

LL, you are really going to town on this rotation! Super Cuts has that same push up/sit up combo at the end like Hard Strikes if you want to do it again soon. I was thinking about you doing it when I was grunting through them all yesterday.

Diana, I too hope your ortho appointments can taper off for a bit! It'll be nice to get the stronger wire in soon. I hope all is ok with work-sending good thoughts your way! What are you up to this weekend?

Beth

Hi Ladies,

OMG, I just tweaked my back doing concentration curls on disc 30. I can hardly move. I'm icing it right now, but this has really put a damper on my day. I couldn't even clean up my weight room, it hurt too bad to bend down to put my weights away. Hopefully this will be short lived. I was doing really good too. I used 55# for barbell curls and I use 22# for concentration curls when I hurt my back. As I was lowering the weight on the 7th rep I felt this pull in my lower back. I hate when this happens. My intention was to do the next BR w/o, but you do a ton of standing and getting down on the floor and getting back up. I can do that right now.

Friday ended up being an unplanned rest day since I drank coffee with DH before he left for work instead of starting my w/o.

LL-BM2 blasts are no joke. I do the Cardio Blast premix a lot for an hour long cardio. Way to go with hard strikes!

Cheese cake on Saturday but not wo. Yesterday I had cheesecake again, but I did go in Drill Max premix cardio and upper body 60 min but I skipped to the cool down at 30 min.

Today was our first day of school! It was a success! Not perfect but worth of ice cream sundaes on a Monday (dessert days are on the weekend and should be rare on the weekdays, but it's still summer...) I was up at 6 and did LLA and got a nice little sweat in.

Tomorrow is supposed to be rock out knock out, I will sub 4D KB cardio only for that. Wednesday is high reps, which I don't have and don't know what to sub for. Any ideas?

I'm not looking forward to fall! It has been chilly in the morning and evening and muggy/hot/80s durning the say. I just hope it stays nice for our trip to the beach next week!

Diana, sorry about your back!! I hope you get some relief! There some of those diver push-ups yesterday and I could do about 1.5 and then went to my knees, my shoulder still hurts!

Beth, which frat? I was a Kappa Alpha Theta at Villanova for the short time that I was there (2.5 years). Fun, but I was older and so all the drinking and partying didn't really interest me but the time I was 21/22!

Saturday was EBE2 weighted legs and a really long kayak paddle. Sunday was a short bike ride in the pouring rain. Today was EBE2 weighted arms and EBE2 peak week cardio (which is like a 26 min. hiit style workout) and XT Burn Sets CBS with DH.

Diana, I hope you're back is feeling better. I had a scare doing the side plank with weight during TTM a few weeks ago. I felt something pop in between my shoulder blades and the rest of the day was pretty miserable. I bounced back the next day, but I was really nervous I had done something that was going to haunt me. I hope you've bounced back too!

Beth, I will mail the EBE workouts to you in a few weeks, maybe sooner. There are some really cool new moves on these workouts, but they're not Cathe. I really like the instructor, but fair warning, there is a lot of cleavage bouncing around, which doesn't bother me, but heaven help me if someone walks in on me while I'm working out to it, namely DS. ;)

LL, do you have Cathe's Muscle Endurance workout? For me, that one comes the closest to HR. You should try and grab HR next time its on the Daily Deal, the music is excellent and the leg portion is one of my favorites. Welcome back to another teaching year! I hope it's a good one. :)

Hi all!

LL, DS is in Sigma Tau Gamma-a national fraternity. Its origins are in the ROTC vein so it's a bit militaristic-which is good and DS likes structure-like me! He doesn't like things as clean and organized as me yet, though; hence helping him get his room ready! It was rather funny-DH and I dropped him and all his stuff off and he had to wait for the bed to be delivered; so we went to Wal-Mart to get cleaning supplies and some essentials that he needed-a rug, some sheets for the bed, etc. When we got back we thought he'd have started organizing his stuff, but he just said something like: oh good, you're back; we can start organizing! It's nice to know he still needs some help even though he wants to be considered a full fledged adult! Do you have Super Cuts or Flex Train? I consider both of those to be high rep type workouts you could sub as well as ME like Tina said.

Diana, how is your back? It's so hard to rest when you get in a groove of workouts. Yesterday was shoulders for me and I took it really light. I still baby my shoulder! Good thing you iced it right away.

Tina, cleavage won't bother me. Sagi rags on some of the guys in the beast workouts and he's no Cathe either. It's more how different instructors put the moves together that I like to experience!

So, I've been reading about creating habits and this concept of stacking a desired new behavior on top of an already established behavior. The first one I'm trying is: every time I go to the bathroom, I do one tricep push up. I started yesterday. It's not so bad! Knowing I only have to do one makes it doable and I'm hoping I eventually get better at tricep pushups enough to not avoid them during workouts! Today is back and cardio. It's also my 25th wedding anniversary! We will celebrate in September when we go to the beach for a few days of sun and sand. I thought about making a carrot cake today-that was our wedding cake-but we agreed we don't want the temptation.

Have a good day!

Beth

Good Morning Ladies,

Well my back is getting better, but is still sore and bending over and sitting seem to hurt the most. Yesterday I did CCC but modified a bit. The grounded switches were out of the question, so I did skipping in my basement. I also did 2 different ab sections, one I did standing 8's with a 20# db and for another one I subbed cross punches with 5# weights. Today I did BR Day 5 which is cardio/abs circuit. I was able to complete this w/o without issue. I'm still unable to lift anything heavy, bending over is still painful. Probably a couple more days of floor cardio before I can go back to STS.

I'm feeling very unsure at my job. Apparently, if we can't bill clients for 60% of our time, we look bad. We look bad right now. I believe it's up to my supervisor to provide me with billable work, we just don't have any right now. It's coming, but it doesn't look good right now. I can't believe I'm already in the position after only starting a month ago. I really like it here too. Of course, scheduling some home improvements doesn't help either. The cement guy is finally coming out tomorrow to do the mudjacking. Hopefully he'll get to the front step next week.

I did have a phone interview yesterday with northrop grumman, and my application status has changed to "under review by hiring manager". Perhaps something will come of it. It's a work from home job. You only need to go into an office for the onboarding process and if your computer needs repair.

Tina-wow, I cannot believe how much activity you did while DH was on vacation. I would need a vacation after that!!! How do you like the EBE2 w/o's? I checked them out online and they look pretty good to me.

LL-another suggestion as an alternative to High Reps is Power Hour-if you have that one. Be careful of your shoulder. I had a shoulder injury and it really set me back for almost a year. I'd be willing to send you my copy of HR. I don't like it and only use it rarely. PM me if you are interested.

Beth-Happy Anniversary!!!! DH and I will have our 27th anniversary on September 17th. I really like your idea of adding on a new desired behavior to an established behavior. That's one way we can continue to better ourselves. Where do you find all these self improvement tips?

bbl

Today was CLB and 100 hip thrust challenge. I used 65 lbs and felt EVERY rep. Tonight will be a short leg workout with DH, as it's raining...again... so no bike ride for him tonight.

Diana, if you're interested in EBE2, I can mail it to you after Beth tries it out. I really like some of the new leg routines, like the kneel to a glute squeeze to a really low squat and back to a kneel. That's awesome your back is healing up quick. DH once had a back injury that lasted over a year, he's still very careful with what he does. A work from home job sounds incredible! I hope that works out for you, you're new job sounds very stressful!

Beth, are you going to buy Hammer and Chisel when it comes out this winter? It looks very intriguing, I'll wait to see how long each workout is first. I think I may cave on the Ice series, as I'm most at home with Cathe. I do really like the EBE series, but I won't reach for it that often. In puppy news, Owen has almost doubled in size. He just came from the vets and he's 30 lbs. He sleeps next to me in his crate and doesn't budge until 5:30 a.m. to go out. I have to carry him down stairs and out the door so he doesn't pee on the floor. Let me tell you, when I'm half asleep, 30 lbs is amazingly heavy! Our house looks like a toddler lives here; baby gates, squeaky toys and stuffed animals everywhere. (secretly I love it!)

LL, how was the second day of school? I hope it went smooth and you were able to squeeze in a workout.

Hi Ladi

I did the next BR w/o this morning. There was only 1 move I couldn't do with my back. It was kind of like a mountain climber switch kick. I just did back lunge with a kick instead. Oh-the cement guys showed up at the end of my w/o, I missed about the last 5 minutes. My back is getting better each day. I'm going to try to do the STS-C&B tonight or tomorrow night. The chest work and one arm rows should be fine. Probably not going to do the deadlifts or barbell rows.

Saturday my cousin and I are climbing our first 14-er! Her husband and 2 of her kids want to join us. It should be fun, other than leaving at 3:30 am. It's an hour and half drive to the mountain and approx a 5 hour hike-that's the average time anyway. It's one of the easier 14'ers so we are starting with this one. Sunday, I'm hoping to have DS1 and MIL come over for dinner. I want DH to cook up some steaks on the grill for my birthday dinner. My birthday isn't until Tuesday, but it's really hard to get everyone together on a weeknight.

Tina-nice job with the hip thrusts. I also use 65#'s for those. Sometimes I put my feet on the step instead of my back. I'd be interested in checking out EBE2 when you are done. Sometimes you can find the w/o's on youtube, someone posts themselves doing the w/o. Wow, I can't believe Owen has already doubled in size! I grew up with animals, and we had DH's dog for a while. He actually ran away, and came back a year later. We had a jack russell terrier for a while, that was a crazy busy dog. The older boys provoked her and she bit DS2 in the face and eye. He had to have surgery etc., so we put her up for adoption. DS2 was so mad, he wanted to keep her and said it was his fault. DH said an emphatic NO.

LL-sorry for the late response. I pm'd you back...finally. How is school going? Do you follow a daily schedule/routine? I'm not sure I would be organized enough to home school 4 children. Right now I'm looking at all the junk in my house. Clearly, no one else is going to take care of it, so I'm going to have get busy on purging more junk. It's never ending.

Beth-what are you up to?

bbl

Diana, our schedule is as follows:

6am - exercise have protein shake, shower
7:30-wake kids and get them moving, prep breakfast
8- breakfast, do read aloud, clean up
9- prek with Little K, others start independent work
9:30- history/geography w/ B, Little K plays alone, other continue working
10- geography/Bible w/ Cdawg, B is with K and JTrain continues
10:30- math with JTrain, C w/ K, B- independent work
11-prek reading with K, others continue
11:30-Bible/writing w/ B
12 break for lunch prep, lunch and clean up
1- writing/grammar/handwriting w/ Connor
1:30- w/ J if needed, math w/ B
2- help those who need it to finish up work
3- chores, snack
4- free if completed school work and chores, check work and set up tomorrow, dinner prep

Dinner could be start between 4:30-6 depending on sports.

Evenings vary with sports and Awana M-Th and prepping food for tomorrow.

This is my guide, not my master. Today I didn't hear my alarm go off so I made muffins and did or half day of school (pool party at my parents' for the co op SALT) all in my nightgown! I got my contacts in and made my shake. No wo. [emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]

And with a game tonight, I'm not sure if I will get one in. But I'm not sure how will add in Latin, Spanish and spelling and projects!

Ok, it's later now and I won't get a wo in.[emoji37]

Hi ladies,

LL, that sounds like a very busy day! Glad to see you're making a little time for yourself in the morning. I bet the prep work is intense at night, too.

Diana, glad your back is feeling better. CCC is no joke and I modify even when I'm not injured! So funny that you continue to purge-Tuesday I went through bags and bags of hand made linens-doilies, bureau scarves, table runners, baby clothes, napkins, etc. DH's grandmother from Italy made all the stuff. I kept a sample of each item and the rest is going in the yard sale. Next project is all the excess video game stuff from the kids-x box, playstation, etc. I'll probably do that either this weekend or Monday when DH goes to work. I work on whatever he wants to when he's home. I'm assuming a 14 is 14 thousand feet? That is awesome! Hope the weather is nice for you hike! I get emails from James Clear-you can google him if you're interested in the stacking concept to change behavior. I like him!

Tina, it depends on how much Hammer and Chisel starts out at. I love the beast workout routines so will probably work some overtime to justify the cost! I may wait a bit for reviews just to see if I really want it. I did preorder ICE since I feel the same about Cathe as you do. I did Cardio Supersets after my weight work out on Tuesday and got a great sweat going. It was about 30 minutes of cardio and felt just right. I actually liked it better than the two plyo workouts on RWH-they still feel awkward to me. It may be because the moves go faster than the music? I don't know...maybe I just need to do them more often. I have 10 more days of Beast before vacation break and then need to decide on my next workout structure.

Beth

Good Morning Ladies,

No workout for me this morning. Just enjoying coffee with my DH before he leaves for work. I am missing my w/o's, but it is time well spent! I find we just don't do as much as we used to when the kids were younger and in sports etc.

The cement guys did the mud jacking and repair on the back patio, and sealed all the cracks in the driveway. Next week sometime they are going to rip out and replace our front step. We have a wooden deck on the front of the house, with a cement step up to it. It's that cement step that needs replaced. It will look so much nicer when that is done. We do need to have the driveway replaced at some point, but it was 6K and we just can't fit that in the budget right now. It may be a couple more years before we get to that. I'm glad we are finally at a place where we can start on some of these home improvements that are sorely overdue. We don't want to go into a lot of debt, so paying as we go will take longer.

LL-It's good to have structure, but realize the necessity for flexibility too. I particularly like that school subject times are short. It helps keep their focus and attention. Some of the High School class are close to 2 hours...ugh..boring. I think the kids lose their focus and it is not as productive. Don't be so down on yourself if you miss a w/o, it happens and it's okay! I use to always follow Cathe's monthly rotations, but if I missed a day or 2 I would just pick up where I left off. Also, I sometimes had to rearrange the days so the longer w/o's fell on a weekend or work from home day.

Beth-I struggle with RWH also. It seems like Cathe's queuing is off...or maybe I'm just slowing down. The fast paced nature of RWH cardio without the queuing is hard for me. I don't do all the reps she does, but do the best I can. Yep, Mt. Bierstadt is 14,065 ft. Colorado has over 50 14'ers. The purging is never ending, we just have so much stuff. I do have a dresser in the basement with handmade baby blankets that I'm saving for when I have more grand kids. I just bookmarked James' blog. It looks very interesting.

Tina-bbl to see what you are up to.

Quick update: rwh low impact two plus abs 1, tomorrow I'll try to do total body wts like LIS trisets express or something that is less than an hour. But since we are leaving for the beach Saturday, it will be my last heavy wit workout. I'm bringing my bike and I tend to brink travel fit, LIS (for turbo barre) and CF and TTM. I'm not sure what I'll bring. I tend to bring too much! If I get in total body wts, then I may just bring something for legs and ride my bike daily.

Gotta get some sleep if I want to be up by 6!

Hi ladies,

Yesterday was Imax 2 on 6 inches. I'm amazed Cathe can talk during this entire workout! Today is my rest day-will hopefully walk with DH when he gets home in a half an hour.

LL, I would think keeping up with your four boys on vacation would be a workout! I'm not taking anything except my sneakers next week. It'll feel good to rest a bit and start up hard when I get home.

Diana, at least you don't have to worry about hurricane weather this weekend. I hope your hike goes well.

Tina, have some long rides planned this weekend?!

Beth

Today I did LIS trisets total upper body express about 50 min.

Soooooo, I COMPLETELY forgot to pick up travel fit from my mom today! I had lent it to her because I never use it and I thought it would be good for her to do something. Now I need to know what I should take for strength training??? Something where I'm using the band mostly and maybe I can sneak in 1 pair of moderate Dumbbells or 2 pairs of light. Ideas?? I'm not really a big fan of planks and push ups right now because of my shoulders, do most on my knees except the up/down ones on RWH core 1 I think, the one with wts. So I will have my bike and I would like to not take my step if I can swing it. But I X10 has some good ones with light wts (but I don't know which ones) and same with TTM and CF, I tend to like those 2 for vacation because of the short premixes. I'll probably want to take LIS for the turbo barre, what wts does she use with that one? I think it's light? I would like to 1 wo during vacation that is strength.

This morning I did PRS1 and fun!

So I finally figured out what I'm taking. Much less than before and a little scared:

5200bf70771302ff1d28b67cb32982f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets see, Wednesday was PRS#2, Thursday was a 39 mile bike ride, Friday was XT Legs and PH, Satuday was AB, and today was a 58 mile ride and a two hour kayak. The tide tonight was so strong, especially under one of the bridges. I had a man cut in front of me under the bridge, where even the motor boats have a tough time going through, and then he gave up, stopped paddling and headed right for me. We barely avoided a collision. On the way back, an entire family had flipped their boat over under the bridge. Luckily marine patrol was there to help them. It was an interesting day on the water for sure.

LL, I hope you're enjoying the beach. Your exercise equipment looks great! I hope you're having too much fun to actually use it. ;)

Beth, I forgot to wish you a happy anniversary. I hope it was a good one! :)

Diana, how was your hike? We're ordering new garage doors and openers this week. They're carriage style and pretty pricey, but it will give us a nice outside uplift. The list of things that need to be done around this house is endless! I hope you have a nice day planned for your birthday on Tuesday. :)

BBL to check in on everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.