Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

I just finished YogaMax. I'm really liking that one more and more, especially the balance moves, they are a challenge for me. And I've been really into the LIS this week. I'm happy not to be stuck on a rotation!

Gotta get to bed! JTrain has an all day volleyball tournament tomorrow!

hi girls! today was a rush day for me, but got in x10 low impact and then rounds 1-5 of CBS from xtrain. working this morning, and then have to run Nygel to cello lesson, rush to pick up imala, take Nygel down to the U of M for a rehearsal for his lalo concerto with a pianist, and then stick around there while he has chamber group. tomorrow is another crazy day with performances and lessons through the first half of day, and then a Halloween party at my niece's in the evening. oh, and not sure if I reported my w/o from yesterday or weds? I just did an hour of bryan kest yoga yesterday-- trying to practice yoga more and meditation to help with the insomnia, Tuesday I did bis and tris and x10 cardio blast plus 15 mins of meditation. I am also trying this 30 day program for insomnia that is all natural (no drugs) and hoping it works. one thing is always going to bed at the same time and getting up at the same time and no naps:eek:. hoping I can stick with it and break out of this crud.

ladylep-- glad you are enjoying the yoga! I don't have cathe's dvds...maybe I should try. anyway, good luck with the tournament today!

renee-- hope all is well with you! how are your doggies these days?

Melissa-- hope you are hanging in there! I bet you are eating better than me!

hello Caitlin, if you are around:)

better run!

happy Friday everyone!

katie

I just finished YogaMax. I'm really liking that one more and more, especially the balance moves, they are a challenge for me. And I've been really into the LIS this week. I'm happy not to be stuck on a rotation!

Gotta get to bed! JTrain has an all day volleyball tournament tomorrow!
I love Yoga max to, I can really tell I have NOT been putting in my stretching by the way! My foot is starting again, and I am tight all over! Thanks for reminding me of that. I need to also get on with the PIYO! But I see it as faster movement so I do not think It will be as relaxing and stretching as the yoga max and yoga relax!

hi girls! today was a rush day for me, but got in x10 low impact and then rounds 1-5 of CBS from xtrain. working this morning, and then have to run Nygel to cello lesson, rush to pick up imala, take Nygel down to the U of M for a rehearsal for his lalo concerto with a pianist, and then stick around there while he has chamber group. tomorrow is another crazy day with performances and lessons through the first half of day, and then a Halloween party at my niece's in the evening. oh, and not sure if I reported my w/o from yesterday or weds? I just did an hour of bryan kest yoga yesterday-- trying to practice yoga more and meditation to help with the insomnia, Tuesday I did bis and tris and x10 cardio blast plus 15 mins of meditation. I am also trying this 30 day program for insomnia that is all natural (no drugs) and hoping it works. one thing is always going to bed at the same time and getting up at the same time and no naps:eek:. hoping I can stick with it and break out of this crud.

ladylep-- glad you are enjoying the yoga! I don't have cathe's dvds...maybe I should try. anyway, good luck with the tournament today!

renee-- hope all is well with you! how are your doggies these days?

Melissa-- hope you are hanging in there! I bet you are eating better than me!

hello Caitlin, if you are around:)

better run!

happy Friday everyone!
Katie

katie

Katie great job on the x10 low impact and the rounds 1-5 of CBS from xtrain! How long did that take? what do you do if you have to sit and wait for the kids to get done with there stuff. I mean alot of times the practice for wrestling we were not encouraged to sit and watch them so we would drop them off but I had other errands to run and it just would turn out that one of the kids activities I could not really go home so I had to stay around close but wasn't always sure what to do.. so I would go walking around the school track or I would read a book lol . Most of the time I would run home and cook and then go get them as it was on low!! It was a busy time then! I am glad I am not doing that anymore, yet in some ways I miss the fact that they were here and we had those times. i wouldnt trade it for the world! I really enjoyed it..
Anyway today I did trubo fire fire 60 it was a fun one! then I did my third chalene Extreme workout of the week for the program. I am doing well with the lifting.. she really says to lift as heavy as yo can by the 2 and 3rd rep you should feel it already. by 8 i should be ekking it out. So I am going heavy as I can I am running out of weights really. I need to get me a couple of 22 if they have them and 25 pounders.. It is only 8 reps so it isnt to bad.. I love how I am feeling but I am eating like a pig so that is not leaning me out at all. I have to slow it down !!

Well Lady lep I hope you got in more exercise today!!

Caitlin not sure where you went again! lol I hope you are okay maybe you lost internet again and I hope you are still hanging in there being healthy and working out with us.

Melissa, What did you end up doing today?? hope you are doing better today, I am having tight pant issues to!! over eating.. what can I say? I knew what I was doing.. I just kept stuffing my face like no tomorrow..

Oh one more thing yall did you all see the description of the music in Ripped with hiit? I am soooooo disappointed. I dont want to complain cause I know they try to please everyone. But geez what happen to the three ways to play it option like in the last dvds? I mean I love the music with the voice in it I dont care if it is voice overs I just need it.. It helps me push harder. Like I love After burn or I would if it had better music. I am not being mean but the music makes me want to sleep. i hate instrumental music. If I get them and there are no music i recognize I will have to sale them. I hate that but i hardly play my Low impact because of this same reason. I will insert them on days that I am hurting but I dread it cause I NEED pumping music. I just thought that music issue was resolved when they came out with the different options to play it. I have been lookin forward to these to for so long. I am sure they will be great workouts but I I dont enjoy the music I wont do them cause I have to enjoy the music to have fun. Corny? maybe.. I can not help it. I don't understand the reasoning for not giving this option. Any way I asked but they never responded and i am sure people don't like I am complaining but I honestly was not trying to do it in an obnoxious way lol. I love her work and honestly hate sounding like an ungrateful brat but I love her body blast series and low max and the music is what made me come to her in the first place. Do yall understand what I am saying? I guess i am saying this cause you all can help me get over the music needing to be so rocking? Any tips on getting through a workout that I will find boring if I dont have great music? lol I mean, HIIT is hard anyway, but results are nice I know, so I want to do them but it would help if the music can drive me on and push me through.. oh well, STOP WHINING already Renee lol okay rant over. my split personality Debbie downer is now done for now lol

Where is everyone? Rest day for me. I have put on weight again but I put my before and during pics up for everyone to see eek! Hate that but figured what better way to motivate myself then make myself accountable to a public place? It is awful pictures! Well I like the last few they are okay but that was three weeks agom. It's strange how fast u can mess up all ur hard work and u wasn't even to ur goal yet. Oh well not to cry over it. Get up and start it again. Hope u all have a great night and weekend.

I am here, Renee, just busy with the kids and parties. Still only getting about 4hours of sleep each night, so that has been a drag. Was wanting to do tabatas today, but did FT instead as i was so tired. Added in meditation and a walk.

What is the music on the new dvds?? I haven't heard. You still look great to me! So brave to post pics, don't think i could! I keep eating too much, too. So ridiculous. Hope you are having a nice sunday!

Hello melissa, ladylep and caitlin!

Hugs,

Katie

It is going to be instrumental no voices. .. :(. Now I think that kind of music has it's place but not in a workout video. Well maybe even a weightlifting one I can take it but if I am trying to push hard and do HIIT then I really have to have music that pushes my buttons. Lol. I'm hoping it's easy enough maybe I can just use earphones with my own music blasting in my ears.
Yeah I did CE push phase today week two and a piyo one of the easy ones to get a good stretch cause I am really getting to hurt in my wrist and back and joints. I think it's cause I am going so heavy. It says to go so heavy it is hard by third rep and by 8 u are done and that is what I do and man it hurts. But my joints don't like it. Hope the stretch works. I don't know but piyo seems like power yoga to me or a vinyasa flow. It is yoga that moves fast from one pose to another so not seeing anything new there. But that's only one DVD.
Yes I was very embarrass to put my pics up publicly and show my double chin and all lol. But that was past I don't look like that anymore and hope I don't again. Just think when I was in my 20 I was bigger then that! I had got up to 170 then. And I was shorter. Man me and food has battled for years.
But I thought I want to post it for my niece and myself I was happy to see I really could see a difference and the last pic was the orange shirt and black pants I was proud of that one! But like I said I gained five since that one! Eek I hope I can get back to eating good and keep going. But now today I'm thinking oh God maybe I should take those pics off there!! Lol what was I thinking! I'm so embarrassed! But I kind of MADE myself . I am tempted to take it down lol
So not sure that I'm brave maybe insane ha

JTrain's volleyball tournament went awesome! His team the Hot Tamales won first place! Only lost one game all day! Saturday B has his last soccer game of the season, the CDawg had a great baseball game, pitching really well. jTrain's baseball didn't not go great. Sunday after church, CDawg had a great game but had to be taken out briefly as pitcher since the hit ball bounced off his big toe, he went back in after icing it a bit, but not to the pitcher's position, rules... But they lost probably because his wasn't pitching anymore, last game of the season. Then JTrain had his last reg. season baseball game, lost again, but he had fun, but his team wasn't great. I was able to see the tail end of each, but I didn't get to see any of B's last baseball game until January (he's on a year long travel team).

So no exercise for me all weekend, except chasing Little K around and today we had to get back into the school groove after 3 full days of sports! JTrain may have playoffs next weekend, but no more practices and we have a break until basketball starts in a few weeks! I signed up for a free yoga class in my town, but I think it's more of a meditative, focusing on your breath, on the floor, with towels kind of thing. I may try a bunch for free before I decide if I want to spend money...anyone know what kind of yoga Cathe does for her DVDs? Can anyone recommend a type to me that is more of a workout than relaxation?

Do you all think rotating HiiT with heavy wts is the best way to burn fat and burn muscle with clean eating? And is HiiT, tabata and metabolic training all the same thing? Or does one "umbrella" the others? I know I've said this before, but I wish on her website she had a category for HiiT or all of them if they are not all the same.

Gotta get some sleep, hopefully the kids will work diligently tomorrow and I can get an afternoon or evening workout in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ladylep that is awesome about the Hot tamales! Lol love the name, glad c dawg pitched great. Sorry about the toe. As long as they had fun!
The yoga Cathe does for he DVDs is I'm not really sure but maybe it's called Ashanti? Katie knows a lot more I was going vinyasa but I think that one is more faster flow poses I'm not sure. Then there are power yoga and I think that one is more for losing weight.
I have PiYo and it seems to be making me sweat more then some yogas do. It moves faster. But again I'm not great on the yogas like Katie is. I am just about where u r trying to feel my way around it all.
As far as the HIIT and Metabolic training all I know on that metabolic training in my thinking I notice they use a light weight through out most of the workout to bring up the intensity and you are not really doing a lot of jumping around like traditional cardio it's more athletic drills with a weight in your hands and a HIIT and tabata to me is the same only difference is the rest periods are shorter in tabata and the work period in tabata is harder then HIIT cause the tabata is suppose to be not as long as a HIIT but there people go overboard I think and do more making me confused lol... Cause the whole purpose is to have ultra short workout but it turns out they change it to be longer ?? Same with HIIT it's supose to be 30 minutes or less but we have people wanting 45 to 60 minute HIIT and I'm like dang isn't this defeating the reason u are using the HIIT? Lol time efficient workouts? To burn fat long after the workout? And isn't that taking on the heat if u do it to long every day? I'm confused!
I also wish they would put the categories up for the new categories. It would be very helpful!!

hi girls!

only have a few seconds, and want to respond to ladylep and renee's posts, but only can do a quick check in. today I did burnsets upper body and took bugsy for a walk. yesterday was 30/30Hiit and pilates abs plus gentle yoga. sleep still sucks, but I am trudging along. it is super cold here today-- winds are blowing and in the 40s-- after being in the 60s all last week. I am so not ready for another winter! was at a concert at a local restaurant last night that imala played at, so still always running!

ladylep-- congrats to your little guy and his team! ouch to the toe!

renee-- that is a big bummer about the music! I want vocals, too!

hello Melissa!

hello Caitlin!

will post more on yoga later:)

peace,

katie

Today I did CE and PiYo and that's it tomorrow I'll be doing a CE again to get all the weight WO in this week cause we will be going to WV on Thursday gosh I really hate driving or riding that trip. It's going to be cold and snowing ! I need to see my dad and my sons plot. So it is a must but I just don't like traveling anymore. I used to love it. Funny how things change!! Oh well
I also want to add cardio tomorrow but not sure what. And I want to take a DVD with me todo while there since it will be to cold to run! Now to find what ones uses less wequipments

Hi girls. Down at the U of M waiting for the kids while they are in chamber groups. Still not sleeping well-- always up in the middle of the night.:mad: Anyway, today was cardio from S&G and then an hour of jivamukti yoga.

Renee-- i hope your trip goes well! How is your dad doing?

Ladylep-- i am not sure what cathes yoga dvds are since i dont have them, but guessing they are hatha. I do ashtanga, jivamukti and flow yoga. Ashtanga is a very vigorous yoga, with vinyasa between each asana/posture. It ends with inversions-- shoulderstands and headstands, which i think i need right now w/my insomnia. Anyway, i wish i had a better answer!

Hello melissa! Where are you?;)

Better run,

Katie

Today was my third strength workout in push phase I was suppose to wait till tomorrow but we are leaving in the morning so I wanted to get it out of the way and may do jogging there in Wv for the rest of the week for my cardio so I don't have to take equipment.
Katie he isn't doing well really I am not sure if u remember he had the foot amputated? Well that he got over well but now he has cancer in the stomachI am not sure if u saw that or not. But since he has black lung from the coal mines he now has one lung that functions and of that lung only part of it is functioning so the doctors can't operate on him do to the risk factor his lungs can't hold up. But then he also can't do chemo they are afraid it will. Cause more problems as well. So the only hope they have is radiation. But he knows he is at the end he feels. I honestly wish they would as tempt the surgery only because if he doesn't make it then he can pass on the table and he wouldn't feel it. Does that sound horrible?
U know I want to go see him but I have seen mom and my aunt and so many suffer with sickness I just wish I can be like my other sisters and stay away till it's over. But I can't I know he wants to see me and I want to see him but it brakes my heart. I am not sure if I can handle anymore sadness. But I will go and try to act like it doesn't bother me. But I'll smile and hug him as much as I can like I do every time I see him.

Katie, thanks for the short descriptions and to the point of yoga, that is exactly what I wanted to know!

Thanks for the responses on fat burning. I will read the responses again, I only skimmed thru them the first time.

Ok now another one to search your brain for. :). What workout do you do when you don't want to wo at all! I have had a long day and am tired, but I haven't worked out since last Thursday!! I still have to finish cleaning up dinner and make lunch for tomorrow. And if I want to get up early and wo tomorrow, I need to be in bed in an hour and 15 min. Maybe I should just try to get in low impact slide and glide tabatta from TTM or cf...

I really just want to have some chocolate and read my book! Sorry to whine, I just feel overwhelmed and working out de-stresses me but I haven't been able to wo! And this is our first week in a while where we have no practices, so technically it should be an easier day!

Hi to all that follow!

Ladylep I like to do intensity step only it is about 32 minutes and it is really a good sweaty wo get in get out! If u have it don't think about it just pop it in the music is fun and u will get into it and it will be over fast! Then shower and read a book! Hope that helps! If u don't have intensity how about the cardio of hard strikes ? The premix 16 I think it is only 30 minutes as well

Thanks Renee! I actually just finished CF less impact tabata. Now I wish I had done the one you suggested! Maybe I'll do that in the morning. I haven't done that one in a while.

I was trying to keep the framework of: 2 HiiTs/tabata, 1-2 heavy wts upper body (XTrain normally) per week, 1 leg day and one light wts like TTM, CF, X10 or a fun step workout and then a yoga somewhere. But some weeks I just do get that many days to workout. Like this week, so that pattern doesn't work. And I wonder what to do? Just alternate cardio and wts and skip the yoga? And then I also feel I should eat cleaner on those days when I can't workout.

I'm really liking the tapatalk for the notifications I get, since I don't get them to my emails anymore...I like that I can still see the thread while I type, but I don't see my whole message and it's more difficult to use my finger to adjust spelling or make corrections than before, sounds silly when I type it out...

I am staring to enjoy tapatalk as well because I can see the post I am replying to ! I have a hard time remembering details of each person as I want to address them but this allows me to move the text as I type so I can read it to! I hope that made since. And it shows me I have a message on the forum! Cool lol

Renee, so sorry about your dad! I have some "extra" time so I'm reading some back posts. Is he close to where you live? Hope you have a good trip!

Katie, sorry you aren't sleeping well, I don't know how you all can get in two workouts in a day! maybe I'll look on YouTube for a yoga that is one of the ones you do. :)

Taught my fist co op class today! It was fun! A memory class with various subjects: Latin, math, grammar, geography, history, verse, hymn and science.

Did ZWOW #1! It took me a little over 30 min, but I got thru all 3 rounds! The first time I could only do one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.