Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

Hi girls. another night of crummy sleep:(. went to bed around 10:30, but up at 2:30 and that was it for the night. blech. renee, thanks for the tip. I will have to invest in some earphones/mp3 player...as of right now, I don't have one. I do earplugs since rik is a big snorer and a noise machine (plus an eye pillow and lately melatonin). what is the deal with this insomnia thing? Melissa, how long has this been going on for you? I am wondering if it's just being in my 40s:confused:. anyway, it really is awful. today I ordered an amethyst ring as that stone is supposed to help with sleep issues. at this point, I will try whatever, but don't want to be on meds.

today I did a tracie long w/o that's about 30 mins long-- lots of aerobics with a little toning and balance work thrown in using a medicine ball. then I did burn sets back and bis and then added in a mellow yoga practice of about 30 minutes. maybe I will start meditating and see if that helps at night.

Melissa-- way to go on eating well! I am not doing that here! just had vegan pumpkin bars with chocolate chips:p.

renee-- where did you find the chalene extreme workouts? I was liking trying new things, but it is also really good to be back to cathe now. she really is better than anyone else, imo! anyway, I still may try something different sometimes while waiting for the new workouts, though I think my one big issue is the eating. I am sweating enough, but I chuck it all away with treats-- and at this time of year (Halloween, then thanksgiving , etc) I am always in trouble.

hello ladylep and Caitlin!

wouldn't it be nice if eva came back??

have a good day all! will hope we all get some sleep tonight!

katie

Happy to report I got a workout in today! After our co op classes, we stayed for lunch and play (some in the gym and some in the rain!) and then one of the mom's took my 2 middle boys to her house (she has 4 boys!) and my oldest had to stay for volleyball practice. So I had only 1 child (age 3) with me for end of the afternoon. Now I didn't get home before 3:30, but I did get to clean up the kitchen, mess around on the computer and then do X10 Low impact 24 min. I got 7.5 hours of sleep last night but couldn't get up to save my life and have a workout! I was not in the mood to workout as today was so dreary, balmy then chilly and balmy again, odd weather. So I though a shortish low impact would be doable (my other thoughts were Party Rockin Step, CF or even Intensity (step only) or Low Impact Challenge) I'm happy with what I did, I was so sweaty, a lot tougher workout than I remember!

Food wise, I'm still doing terrible, I keep gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds and I'm currently up to 170! At 5'9" that just puts me out of my range. :( I'm back to tracking weight watchers style instead of 21 day fix container style. I'm not sure I'm ever going to get the weight off. I was hoping to be under 160 by my 25 year reunion Thanksgiving weekend...I keep telling myself to try to track perfectly meaning stay w/in my points (and using allowance and activity points if I want) for 3 weeks straight. Totally measuring and weighing and writing stuff down, drinking my water and exercise 3-5 times a week, it should come off right??? Well, I can't seem to do the food part, and the water part is sporadic and even my exercise has been off. My last workout was TTM on Saturday and before that was the Saturday before!!!

I'm completely disgusted with myself sometimes......

hi girls! today for me was lean legs and abs. needed something short, as the kids are off school and I have a ton of errands to run today before cello stuff this afternoon/evening. I can't believe it, but I actually slept last night! I am shocked! anyway, I feel a little spacey today after actually sleeping;). anyway, hope it was a good night for everyone.

great job on the workout, ladylep! sounds like you are as busy as ever! I am awful with food lately, too. it's this time of year as it starts to get colder out, I start eating more, and then all the treats that are around:mad:. anyway, don't beat yourself up too much about it-- you are not alone!

hello renee!

hello Melissa!

hello Caitlin!

better run,

katie

Hi! Well, eating has been off last night and tonight. I am going to get back on track tomorrow. I nver did get any workouts in. Oh well, I am doing better than I was last week.

Katie, I wonder if the lack of sleeping has to do with hormones/age. I think the older I get, the less I sleep. I am basically on two shifts, one being in the middle of the night. Some days, I feel so exhasted, others I am ok.
Your pumpkin bars sound delicious. My downfall started when I took the kids to get yogurt. I had a mix of pumpkin pie and apple pie, It was so food. Actually, it is "suppose " to be healthy yogurt.

Next week I will definitely try and workout. For now, I am going to focus on the food.

Hey girls I want to post personally to each but my head hurts again I can't even read! So no workout again so I'll do a rest day for me. Grr. Seems I do great on my workouts till my headaches then I get messed up cause it messes up my rest day cause I already had it or plan on one and now will have to workout on that planned rest day. Oh well. I will be back tomorrow for more personals. Yesterday I did CE lean circuit and had to do Cathe lol rock out knockout a total of 75 minutes altogether . Day before that was circuit 2 CE. Today was suppose to be circuit 3 I guess I'll double up tomorrow .

Renee,
Hope your headache goes away. You are good to make up your workouts, I of course can't remeber what it was like.
Have a food weekend everyone. Mosy likely won't post until Sunday night.

Hello CE is chalene Extreme..
I got it at a really low price ! Like almost pennies! I am hoping to find someone who wants insanity and has T25! Cause T25 I saw it looked like better music and not as hard on feet so I wish I can find some one to trade! I can't wait for Ripped with HIIT !
Thanks for the nice words. I woke up with headache again. But I took replax again it helped I did not do an exercise yet but I will I know. Missy I do catch up on my exercise but dang it if I can stop eating if be really doing better! But noooo I have to keep eating ha!

It's great to hear from u all!
Katie I think it is are 40's is y we have insomnia ! But I also noticed I sleep better when I don't need to go to work! The nights I have to get up early then I can't sleep! Maybe I feel like I have to sleep keeps me from sleeping? Strange.

I did 17 min of super cuts, I just didn't have time for more yesterday. Today I did premix 1 for YogaMax, 30 min.

I still haven't preordered Ripped with Hiit but I was reading up on it yesterday and think I'm just going to have to get it but then I've been looking at Chalene's PiYo and reading the review on here about it and it sounds like a great addition to a program....I need work on food stuff. But how? I'm back to tracking and I did a bunch of freezer meals last week. I'm going to try to have a lighter school week this week, hopefully I can get better workouts in and better portion control.

Gotta get to be to try to get up early to wo!

Ladylep I think if u r going to order ripped with HIIT you need to do so now cause price will go up. I know it is expensive but even more so after it starts shipping and I think this price is like under 9.00 per DVD that's a great still! I am bad about buying exercise DVDs however! I can't help myself! Lol I ended up buying PIYO a few weeks ago and turbo fire the extra DVDs to add to the base DVDs! I love the music in them! So I figure since I'm on week four of Chalene extreme then the only two cardios I am sick of already I'd get the advanced turbo fire for verity to help out with sticking to the program. I love the weight workouts cause 30 minutes and I'm done !! That is great ! But I don't have enough cardio options with it. So had to get turbo fire advanced DVD cause tired of reg turbo fire ones yet I love them so what should I do to freshen that up? Buy new ones with new music! Sounds lager to me!! Lol not to hubby but I'm not telling him either ![emoji83].
Anyway yesterday I was no able to fit in a workout I was ripping carpet and painting floors from time I got up till bed time ! Eek I went to movies with DS Saturday went to see Dracula the untold story. Good movie. Not scary really.
Hope all u ladies have a wonderful day. Tonight I am doing CE phase 2! I just have to find a new place to workout since my room is tore up for now.

Well, I had an off weekend and Monday. back on track with food today. My stomach is nauseated last night and today. blech.

Hi Girls-- sorry I have been off a few days! Super busy weekend and imala's party on sunday, and then I came down with an awful cold. Friday all I did was yoga as I felt so achey. Sunday I did pyramid hiit, yesterday supercuts and yoga, and today was a 30 min workout from tracie long plus the B&G bonus glute squeezes and stability ball abs. The past two nights I have barely slept at all-- especially with this cold. blech. anyway, the week is off to a busy start and I hope I kick this cold soon (sleep would help, too:().

renee-- I think it is the 40s, and I am the same way about really sleeping bad when I know I have to get up at 5 (which is M-F). someday this too shall pass, is all I keep telling myself! hope your room turned out nice! sounds like lots of work! who needs a workout? the movie sounds good! I am a Halloween freak-- anything to get myself scared:).

Melissa--I sure hope your stomach feels better! no fun! at least you are back tracking food! I am still eating way too much junk! it is pathetic!

ladylep-- hope you can lighten up the school load a bit and find more time for you, but I know all too well how that goes:(. I ordered the new workouts a while back and can't wait for them to be finished!

alright, going to finish making dinner: broccoli, spinach and carrots with cayenne/peanut sauce and brown rice. now if I can keep from eating pumpkin bars or dark chocolate peanut butter cups after dinner, that is the question!

peace,

katie

LIS: Upper Body Trisets Express today, I was planning on doing the whole 56 min earlier today, but 2 sets in after the warm up, I had to pause and get dinner going. But I did come back to it!! 19 min is better than none!!

Yesterday's workout was a hike in the hilly woods behind my house with all 4 boys. I have lightened up school this week. So it's funny you say that Katie! I hope to get some exercise daily this week. But I fear I'm coming down with a cold. Little K is sneezing out lots of stuff right now.

Curious to know: what is your favorite non Cathe workout(s)? While we are at it, what is your fave top 3 Cathe workouts? and why? I don't have any non Cathe workouts except for The Firm from 2004, Urban Rebounding and Giam Pilates (AM, PM and Cardio Pilates), all of which I don't touch anymore. The Cathe workouts that I keep coming back to are Burn Sets, AOLIH, (really many of the XTrains except for Hard Strikes) X10, YogaMax, TTM and CF. OK so that was more than 3 but you get the idea. I'm liking anything from HiiT and newer pretty much.

Off to bed!!

Crap didn't mean to send that yet!! But anyway great job on ur workouts !

Lady Lep I have a hard time finding favorites other then Cathe! I am looking though. I tried Michael with the pit fit and I like her but those seem like the same thing like each workout felt like the same type of workout. Then I liked Chalene Johnson turbo fire but again hers are the same kind over and over now if you can hybrid Chelene extreme with turbo fire that would be fun I think. A lot of people don't like her, I am not seeing why. I do see her warm ups are the same all the time!! That is irritating.
Let's see who else do I like now oh crap!! Today I tried a workout on YouTube I found but it is from a Korean YouTube! Accidentally found it but the workout is not Korean it is called clubland workout and she has a few more called ministry of sound and pump it up. Well pump it up is a little cornet but fun the clubland is my favorite right now! I had a ball! It was a dance workout for 35 minutes that was easy but fun and raises heart rate not something hard to get cause it wouldn't get the heart rate up then goes into a little more challenging dance number for 10 minutes more then goes into a 30 minute boxing and kickboxing so fun both my fav workouts in one !! Heart rate up and dance music then went to squats floor work abs and stretch!! It was 88 minutes long! I was sweaty and felt like I was at an 80's dance and 80's aerobics studio all rolled in one! Yet it had up to date music, I loved how it had what I always loved in aerobics that was the cardio first then conditioning after and stretch. It was great.
Another fun one is Patrick
Gordoff presents Heater gosh I can't spell. But it is kickboxing 5 segments of 10 minutes each u keep going to make a long workout or do each separate or 2 segments or more. She does a great job as well it makes my belly sore!! I love that one to! So those are the ones that I love other then Cathe but honestly they still are not any where near as good as Cathe!! My fav Cathe is all of Xtrain and all of the latest ones she put out and push pull and muscle max and step jump pump. Low impact circuit the green suit..low max, party rocking step and I like afterburn but hate it to. Lol to hard and makes my back hurt and wish music was different. But love what it does to the core I want to like it cause if I can do it enough to get stronger that one is my personal mountain!

Melissa hope you are feeling better now! I am still doing crapy but so glad u r doing good except the weekend. Just get right back on the horse u can do it I am sure of it!

well, the only thing I do non-cathe is walking on the treadmill. I can't bring myself to pay for something I think I won't use. I am feeling somewhat better today.

Katie, I hope your cold is better. Your rice dinner sounds delicious with the peanut.

I hope to start working out soon. It is hard for me to get started again.

Melissa maybe just comment to doing 10 minutes of exercise a day at first. I mean if u do that and say 10 minutes only it won't be as daunting and moe doable at first. And once you can make that work for u, do more

Melissa- I'm so with you! That's why I haven't spent any money on any Beach Body products....

I finally bit the bullet and purchased the new DVDs!!!!! I had been saving an $85 check from my bday (in March) for a fall facial, but I don't know when I'll be able to get out to Reading (45 min away) for a while. I did win a BB challenge and the coach will get me the PiYo base pack, when she can (single mom).

And I got in 30 min of TurboBarre in before dinner and just finished up the rest!! I've never done the whole wo before! Mainly due to time. The floor work was especially hard, I couldn't do all the push ups on my knees and it didn't help that my lower back is bothering me. But not enough to have me not workout thankfully, since it hurts while doing normal activities like walking and driving...the chiro thinks it's more muscle soreness than my spine needing adjustments. And he gave me a homeopathic muscle relaxant called formula 303.

Enjoying some 88% dark chocolate!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.