STS first time!

Hello....I can't get in the forums on my phone....so I have been on the go....so no way to chat.... :(

So...here I am....

Tim and I went shopping this weekend and got Tim fitted for a pair of running shoes....he isn't going to run yet...but he is starting out by walking....and he may even start to do weights....I'm so happy!!!! I just want my husband to be healthy as possible....and we all know I see horrible sickness everyday....so this means a lot to me!

I will catch up tomorrow....I'm exhausted!!!! Good night!

Good morning! A bit overcast and it feels slightly humid. I did KPC and now work beckons. Wish me luck that the phones are quiet today.:D.
Bbl

Good morning.... okay...I have not read up on this new forum stuff....so how do I get on here with my phone? Is it that tap a talk thing?

I did get up this morning and did my morning cardio....and now I'm at work! :mad:

OMG...I just love these new faces!!!! :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O So cute!

Jean, love your new avatar. Who is that fella?
I did do the abs and they were different. The ones where you keep your butterfly knees on the floor are very tough. Of course I couldn't.
Oh, now I remember that movie. It was unusual, let's just say.
I did pick up dh at the airport. It was past 11 pm so thank goodness it was very light traffic. Phew.

My old-lady eyes have trouble discerning the emoticons too. And these are the same ones we used to have in yellow!
Carolyn, that's some serious dough. Nice going! More $$ for your PT co-pays!:D I don't have a clue how to list my Cathe dvds on eBay. And all it takes is one awful customer to ruin your whole experience. I was at a Dollar Tree in Gloucester and they had the mailers for $1. I should have gotten some...
I sorta kinda skipped my PT exercises this weekend!:eek: But then I do move my arms with Cathe all the time.

Can't wait till tomorrow's news!

Last edited:
I was hungry too! I'm trying to be good too but my caramel apples are calling my name. While I wait for one to come to room temp, I am eating salted dried chickpea snacks after already eating a banana.
Right there with you on the huge tire.

Jean, One Plus One starts off very unimpressive (like she needs to polish her writing more) but I'm caught up in it now. I feel like this author Americanizes some cultural words and sayings instead of using the UK version. Like the word check for cheque, for example. I can't put my finger on it but it seemed so in the first third of the book. Here is a review: http://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...ebab28-0169-11e4-8572-4b1b969b6322_story.html
Do you discuss topics such as this in your book club? I feel like you and I are in our own book club.;) Is that a wink? So hard to tell.

Jean, that's great you got the mags for free! Dh and bro have gotten free offers of diff mags, but never me. I have People for another month. Truthfully, the more mags, the more stress when they pile up.
Do you watch Martha Bakes and her Cooking School on PBS? Love it. She made macarons in an old recording of mine. Yum, yum.
What exactly does your book club critique, for example? Discuss Me Before You in a paragraph or less:p.

Anyone watching The Voice? Dh started last year and I reluctantly am liking it. The judges--Adam, Blake, Gwen, Pharrell--are so likeable!

Good morning. What a gloomy day. So hard to feel motivated. It will be like this for days. With drizzle.
Achy from two days' of workouts and should do UY, but instead of getting started with my day, I read (Jean, I can't put it down). Now I can't decide if I should go food shopping. Don't quite need anything. Yet.
Wait. I just remembered. Has anyone seen any announcement yet? I can't find anything in the forums...

Carolyn, try not to think about the report for a few days. People work so slowly. No one gives a damn. I'd bet Missy could tell us horrifying timeliness stories in the medical field affecting the lives of people we'd be appalled to hear. I always operate with a fire lit under me, no matter how trivial something seems, way too conscious of time.
There's no such thing as too much sleep after you have kids. Sounds like you had a good night's sleep.

I am ecstatic--we are getting some rain sprinkles at the moment.:D
I'm finally up and around doing chores. My book keeps calling me though.
I guess I'll do UY Flex after I hang the clothes.
Just read the update. Always keeping us panting for more!;). Do you think Lorraine is back??

Last edited:
I am hungry so I need to eat. Defrosting the last smoked Alaskan salmon I brought home last October;). Forgot to bring it out sooner though.
Just finished UY Flex. My arms and shoulders are still not good enough for all those dwfd, planks, and arms stretched above your head. And, boy, are my hamstrings tight. Felt good to stretch them. Also, shopping alert: I want a cork yoga block but only want to spend $10 with free shipping.:D
Ok, those of you with UY Flex. At minute 39 or so, I noticed what I thought is a rip in Lauren's shorts (would be an odd place for a label), on the middle seam in the back, halfway from the waistband. I've never seen that before because usually I'm doing my poses, but now I hang back if it's too strenuous for my arms. Then, on minute 51 or so, when he has the woman display her flexibility with the yoga block, she leans so low there is a gratuitous flash of too much chest (mentioned this one before). Let me know if you guys see those things. Or am I going crazy??

I sort of miss Lorraine. Last series for her was LIS?
So true, Carolyn! If you hang around they won't call. Just like this morning. As soon as I was 4 mins into yoga, the phone rang! I was free the entire time before that!
I think I know what you were describing earlier about your phone! I can't see what I am typing!!!
Good luck at TJM!

Last edited:
I've been looking for a cork one at TJM/M for a while and only ever see foam/plastic:confused: ones, if any at all.
Costco is much more stable with its offerings. I try to go less often now.

Jean, I just finished the book. You have to read it. It was great. Just like Me Before You started slowly, so did this one. It's a love story, of course. Can you find .99 books of ones that just came out? One Plus One is only a few months old.

I have a pork rib roast in the toaster oven.

Oh no Carolyn. That's not good. Any idea what would of caused it. Sorry if you already explained it.

Sorry I've been MIA. No real good reason other than life. Work is crazy and getting back into school routines. Both kids are also playing soccer.

I've been keeping up with ballet body. I'm on week 12 of BBPSII. I'm having great results and I'm down 5 pounds (finally) I really had to clean up my diet. It had gotten a little out of hand. But I think that was stressed related to selling and buying a home.

I've missed you girls. I'll try to be better about checking.

Hi Colleen!!! How wonderful to hear from you! Check in when you can. We all have issues with life and work getting in the way!:D How are you and your family doing? How's work?
Good for you for keeping up with workouts. It's the antidote to stress.
I 'talk' to you gals more than I do actual people.:eek: Whenever I have something up, I rush to tell you gals first!

Jean, the number of characters in the book is no more than average; a lovable group. One thing about the last book is the fictitious towns. This book has real towns, which I much prefer. Can you believe how I can go on and on with this??
I'm with you and don't have boatloads to spend on landscaping. We do our own, like mowing, weeding, planting, and spreading bags of mulch (eek, that's so wasteful--all those plastic bags!).
As for the cork, I've been on a less plastic (esp retail stores 'carrier' bags) and more natural products kick, in case you haven't noticed.;)
Clever craft. Great way to preserve the pictures forever.

Carolyn, finally some light on the problem! (Does it make sense given the pain you've been experiencing?) Now to figure out the steps to solve/rehab it.

Thank goodness we got some precipitation today. It has been dire.
Geez, I better get ready for bed. Sweet dreams.

Last edited:
Good morning! Darkest day yet. We're supposed to get a good amount of rain. Bring it on!
I did HS. Started out thinking AOLIH but then pulled out my 2nd KB workout of the week. Cathe has that killer pushup/situp combo in there. Yikes. I don't do ANY of them.
Having breakfast and a fresh cup of DD.
Can't think of what else to blather on about:D. Hmm, any new pics from Cathe today, I wonder?
Work soon.

Thanks Betty. Every is good. Work is just super busy. We had a restructuring in June and I took on more responsibility. I have over 70 people reporting into me now. Kids are well and adjusting back to school. Loving the new house and new neighborhood.

Today was a rest day. These mornings are hard getting up and I realized it's been 7 days since my last rest day.

I'm drinking my Starbucks and I can use an additional cup!

Good morning! Okay...so I miss my chats.... but I uninstalled Cathe Forum on my phone cause I couldn't get it to work....and now I cant find it....do this mean I have to install talkatalk? Is it different for the forum???? OMG.....what to do????:confused: Help me.....

Hello Colleen.... I have been missing too....but its sure nice to hear from you and congrats on the 5 pds loss!!!! I am working on that too.....diet is key!

Carolyn...OMG...that's great you got the results finally....hopefully its something the chiro and or pt can fix! Fingers crossed!

Betty...I too talk to you guys more than anyone....I just am on a different level than most people I know! hehehe....they all think I nuts for my determination and fit lifestyle...Oh well.... Im happy! :p

Jean.... I love to do my own landscaping too..... Im looking forward to fall so I can re-straw around my house and plants! But I rake my straw when it falls and use it, instead of paying for the same stuff at the local lowes! LOL.... its exercise I say! :D

At work.... Oh...yesterday I ran 2.5 miles in the am and 2 miles last night.... yippee!!!!!! (on treadmill that is) :cool: Running is truly my drug of choice....I just have to use it moderately or I am in pain! LOL ;)

These smileys are so cute!!!!

BBL!!!!

Carolyn....my knee and back have taken running from me...but I am fighting my ass off to get it back.... I love love love it.... it makes me feel alive! So... I am just running shorter distances....every other day.... we shall see.... I just want to run..... I may start a cathe rotation tonight? Just not sure....

Jean... Cardio is a must for me.... but I think I would she a podiatrist too....

Betty...you are so right on medical / doctor horror stories! It is just sick! I was just talking with Tim last night on how you just cant trust doctors.... you really need to get 2nd opinions and or research the heck out of your diagnosis.... before you do anything.... its just terrible!

Im ready for lunch....Im starving! I have errands to do.... gotta go to vet office and get Mr Boots food.... $$$$ but I got a coupon in my email for it today for $5 off... so Im excited! LOL...it doesn't take much to make me giddy! hehehe

Not looking forward to Plyo HiiT. Yikes!
It has been raining pretty hard all day, and it's chilly. Can't complain. Maybe I'll get under the covers and just read. Jean, I started the other book last night already.;) Your mom is amazing. And I can't recall exactly the kind of jewelry that Lauren wears but I imagine gaiam.com might have yoga jewelry? http://www.gaiam.com/women’s-accessories?topnav=true
Happy October 1st!

Last edited:
Jean, you prob could send Lauren an email, esp if she's an instructor.
Yes, that's the book I've started.

Jean, what a huge coincidence! I've been looking at Hunter rain boots online since I got home from work!
Great job reaching out to Lauren;)!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.