STS first time!

That's how I felt with the other book. I didn't want go away and do work either.
I ended up using the Barefoot Contessa danishes recipe and it was just ok. The filling seemed overcooked to me. I still have a whole log to bake. (My 2nd puff pastry sheet stuck so I couldn't roll it out but simply applied the remainder filling.:confused:)
Watching Non-Stop. Leftovers for dinner. You?

Carolyn, are you all right today? How are the kids feeling?

Jean, dh loves corned beef hash! Delish.

Marie, what did you say dh is graduating with in the spring?

I feel like I'm the only one who's babbling on most of the time. No offense to those who've come on today, of course;).

Buon giorno, mi amici! Sunny, cool morning. While I was doing C&W in the dark this morning (the idea of turning on a lamp with artificial light in the morning is abhorrent to me), it occurred to me to look into Ott lighting. Does anyone have one? Any info on this type of lighting you could impart? Maybe I could get just the bulb.

Jean, safe trip to your mom's.
You've definitely passed me in the book. I was stuck in it last night when I should have been turning in earlier.

I've already checked my stove knobs are in the off position.;)
It sure is depressing when you've got the whole fall and winter stretching out in front of you. The reduced daylight hours, the approaching increasing cold.... Ugh.

The forums were down; at least they were this afternoon. Anyone try earlier?
I did see Brenda. Those gals all look so amazing, year after year! Al's back too!
I did the sheets and towels and vacuumed after work.

Hi Girls. Sorry you didn't get a good night sleep Carolyn. I hope you are feeling better.

DD stomach is good. It is mostly related to nurves and anxiety. We can't rule out celiac but for she seems to be doing well.

Saturday I started my last 4 weeks for BBPSII. I have to figure out what to do next. Has anyone ever done TRX? I've been thinking about giving it a try. I'm very nervous to go back to cathe because of my knee.

Betty that is scary about the stove. I have a gas stove too. Actually what I've been bad about recently is leaving my flat iron on. Fortunately DH always catches it because he showed after I've gotten ready. I really need to get one that has auto shut off.

Mary in June I had a colleague become a direct report to me with that change I had about 20 more people reporting into me. How are you doing in your new management position?

I haven't kept up with the new releases I did not preorder and won't. I just can't do those level of workouts anymore. My knee would not be happy.

Colleen, I did TRX two times and I want to say that it was the nail in the coffin on my way to two frozen shoulders.:confused: I didn't like that type of a workout. (Mine was held at a Y.) I don't do well with fast-paced intensity burst workouts, unless it's taught by Cathe, of course.
I've got to hand it to you--a full-time job with lots of responsibility and two young kids. How wonderful you're doing it from a new home and neighborhood! How far is work?
I've worried about curling irons and irons. Good thing my flat iron has a switch and I use it infrequently. It's the rushing and running out in the morning to work, isn't it? You should just unplug it after every use.

Jean, the book confuses me with the going back and forth in the months and years. I just got to 1964 now.

The phones at work were insane today! Didn't help that the owners were on vaca.

Good Morning.... I sure miss my cathe app...and I have yet to install tapatalk.....

OMG...Betty....you were lucky! I am really forgetful...I think its because I am so busy.... But I have to talk to myself sometimes...stove is off, heat is off, etc.... Its terrible.... I cant tell u how many times I get to the end fof my street and say...did I do this? Just terrible!

Carolyn...Tim and I also don't make a huge deal out of out wedding anniversary....we celebrate when we also started dating!

Jean....I too love to watch the crossfit shows... Im still on these damn anitbiotics...yucky! But...I think they are working.....

Thursday....Im going to spin class again! :D

Marie....snuggle with your boys!!!! Family is most important! ;)

At work...and tons to do...I will be back AFTER lunch!

Hiho. Wicked humid today, windy and only occasional sun.
Had a bunch of returns at TJM/M, then did some food shopping.

Missy, glad to hear the antibiotics are working. Stinks you had to go through it.

Jean, if you haven't read these already, tackle the Sisterhood of Traveling Pants and the Harry Potter series. Superb writing!

Whenever I look at the filming photos, I just wonder how Cathe can still do all the high impact stuff. Considering it's her vocation, her body has been good to her.

Last edited:
Good morning! I did BC without the core; should not skip it next time.

Carolyn, I want to hear all the details of your day. Not dull at all:D.
Ahhhhh, a hair appt is bliss. I need a trim soon.
Two more days till appt!

Jean, I watched Le Week-End; British couple in Paris. Slow but I liked it.

Work beckons. Many calls for readying people's boilers for winter.

Thanks Betty. Work is less than 20 minutes away.

Carolyn I probably run about 1-2 Day per week. Less than 3 miles each time. My knee Is fine with running. It has something to do degree of knee bending with squats and lunges (at least in my expert option)

Today was ballet body. Upper body focused. Yesterday I chaperoned a field trip for my son. We went to a farm. The weather held up for most of the day. It was a great time.

Hello fit friends.....

Carolyn...Insurance is a pita.... it is really starting to bother me.....:mad: I have been on the phone with insurance companies for 3 days...working denials....OMG....it is just getting worse and worse....

Yesterday.... I ran 2 miles at lunch.... and then went home and did CSS.

This morning I ran 2 miles before work....and not sure what tonight brings.....

I have a 5k on Oct 30th at 7pm... its a Halloween eve run....fun fun it sounds!:D

It warm again....high 80's this afternoon.... last weekend was beautiful 40's and high 70's...if only it could be that way year round....

be back later..... lots to do..... errrr.... :eek::mad::oops:

Colleen, how fun to go on a field trip! I used to love that! (As long as there was a school bus and I didn't have to drive:D). After elementary school your kids won't want you there!;)
BB has worked very well for you.

Jean, how marvy that you're cooking and freezing. You have many recipes to try on them.
Personally, I'd want you to come more often to help out, if I were your sister. I mostly share responsibilities with my local sis and bro and even that's not enough sometimes.;) Mainly I just want to vent. My CA sis doesn't share at all, for geographic reasons!:confused:
I just got to the part of the book that jumps to the present. I didn't expect that! This author has many more older books. Check them out.
Re Harry Potter, I actually dislike and avoid the fantasy genre, esp things like Lord of the Rings and such, but I don't consider this like that at all.
So true about all the jumping that appears to be in the new series. I feel more determined to tackle it, so much so that I almost did CLB this morning but thought better of it after the massive DOMS from TBT LB being so recent.
My company doesn't do the AC in HVAC.:D
Oh, the characters in that movie I mentioned are in their 60s.

Carolyn, good luck sorting all that entails with new insurance! A necessary evil. I think I liked HMOs better when we had them.

Just saw your post, Missy. Do you shower after your run at work? I avoided working out at work for that reason. Takes too much time altogether.

Work wasn't horrible, and the weather is gorgeous. We never got the promised rain.

Last edited:
We have been a sad bunch checking in lately. What is going on??

I just watched The Fault in Our Stars. It was very good, not terribly depressing like I feared.
I can't remember what else. I better go to sleep.

Hiya. Gorgeous mild day with strong breezes and lots of sun.
I made a special trip to Costco to see if they still carry the Ott lamp (natural daylight) and was out of luck. Bummer.
Ds had an early release today so I made him and his friend honey turkey, pesto, red butter lettuce sandwiches/panini. With tomato soup.;) Pretty good if I say so myself, considering I am not creative.

Jean, that's a very long drive to your sis & mom's. I had to go see my mom today and read her rent letter. My entire life all I've done is translate, read, explain my parents'/grandparents' paperwork. Can you say dread? (I'm such an ingrate, aren't I?) I've always had the lion's share of that burden.
When the jets get too close, it's rather scary. There's a shore area bordering Logan that you can watch the planes come in and, boy, are they low. Can't say I can see the pilot. Yikes, that's close!:confused: And they come in every 2 mins, like clockwork.

Carolyn, retail therapy is the best. Did you score some great stuff? Hopefully you passed numerous fun hours today, which get you that much closer to tomorrow's appt. Good luck! Can your condition improve on its own? Your dh's has, right?

Don't waste your time on a bad book. I should talk since I read something I don't like till the end.
I haven't watched the clip with Amanda yet. If I remember her correctly, she's from Canada.
I want cake! You guys are making me salivate. Plus, Tuesday was my CA sis' bday and she sent me a pic of her cake. Drool!
The outfits the crew is wearing for the new series are gorgeous, to match the equally gorgeous ladies.
Watching Draft Day.

Last edited:
Good morning! I did a premix of CLB and BS Bis! I loved it! First time 'working out' my arms since diagnosis.
Sunny and chilly right now.

Carolyn, I too have gone to the TJM/M so often that I don't find much any more! But I will continue to go!

Off to work. Bbl.

Quick Hello!
I really haven't been myself this week either. I took dd to Joslin monday, her diabetes is ok but other things are going on, very stressful. Anyway, I think that wiped me out because I have not been able to work out at all this week. I have just felt wiped out. On a positive note, I made an appt. for next Tues with the PT I used to go to, hoping she can help me out again.

Carolyn, it is depressing when we can't work out like we used to . I hope you get some good info from your appt. today.

Also, oldest dd is coming home for the weekend, I am excited about that! Her friends are coming home too so I don't know how much I will actually see of her, but still.

Happy Friday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.