STS first time!

Hello.... its been crazy lately...

Last night...no workout as we had a horse injury.... Maxie (horse) has been favoring a leg... so while we were cleaning her hoofs... Tim accidentally cut her frog....and she was bleeding and we had to stop the bleeding and wrap her hoof.... and medicate it so no infection.... its always something...on the farm.... so now....we must re-wash and bandage several times a day to make sure no infection....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frog_(horse)
here is the description of a frog...in case you wondered what exactally it does....

Carolyn...when will you get MRI results?

I have been so busy....I feel like I just need a break....so I am going to take Friday off....yippee! I need a long weekend!

The weather has been nice the past couple of days.... this morning I did not want to come to work....it was 72 degress and lovely! Looking forward to some fall air!

Be back later to update on Maxie.... this morning it was okay...but tonight we will re-wash and re-bandage.... fingers crossed!!!!!

Jean... Big Bang was funny!!!!!

Oh and last night NCIS came back...it was also really good!!!!

Just love my fall shows!:eek:

Missy, hope Maxie is better. What a cute name! You're right--first thing I wondered. That link didn't work. But I looked it up.
How fabulous for your upcoming long weekend. You earned it!

Carolyn, I'm ok, thank you. Just silly trivial stuff that people with phobias and OCD agonize over.:p:D
On the way home tonight, I stopped into WF to get veggies. I came out with a mini carrot cake to oink on.:eek: Delish. One serving and I only ate half:cool:.

Jean, where's your nearest library? Get thee a membership. Do you know how much money you can save borrowing books and movies?
Got me the two Moyes books.

Sis and I are going to the orchard tomorrow!:). Then I have a lesson, then ds and I are going out to dinner.
Nighty night.

The frog does sound very vital!
I saw Elizabeth's husband's face before and after he fainted. It really scared me! And I cannot believe that Courtney won!:mad:
Ds has a school holiday tomorrow. If I didn't have early plans I could sleep later too:rolleyes: He and I are going out for ramen and dh is sick of it!
Actually, dh is leaving on Fri to go to Canada for another wedding. I decided not to go for a 3-day trip, not to mention I have taken 4 wks off since starting my job already!

Good morning! Rest day today, just too tired this morning.

You ladies are absolutely right about my blah feeling, I am missing dd and don't know how to fill the gap.

My girls don't have school today either, but I have to get one to practice this morning at 6:50, not much of a break for her. We are back in the routine of going to volleyball games most days. It is a nice group of girls.

Carolyn I hope you get the results of your mri before your appt. That would be too long to wait. It is good that you are still able to exercise.

Missy I hope Maxie is better, sounds painful for her.

Good morning.....yummm carrot cake! Hehehehe

Maxie is doing okay....just lots of care and love....but she seems to be okay...I have to go to feed store today for more vet wrap....

One day left till my long weekend....yipppeeee!

Carolyn, that was some major fabulous news about your insurance!:cool: And major stress going to the MRI yesterday! Geez Louise.
Oh, I just saw your post. You must stop exercise then. It keeps bringing you stinging pain.

Jean, we can't seem to catch a drop of rain around here. My grass is the color of wheat.:confused:
Where do you get your books? Have you heard of Betterworldbooks.com?

Missy, hooray for your long weekend. How is Maxie tonight?

Mary, you deserve a rest day. Gosh, 6:50 is an ungodly hour for a no-school day.

I had a whirlwind day. Must get to bed very soon. Heading super early for the airport.

Carolyn, did you already delete that post regarding your drive to MRI? I can't find it.:( Can't remember what else you said.

Jean, I have One Plus One and The Last Letter from Your Lover (I think).

TGIF! The drive to Logan at 6 was moderate to almost heavy traffic, surprising to me as I'm never out at that ungodly hour. I had to drive home by myself.:confused: And drive back late Sunday night.:confused: Yikes. Me no likey to drive.
Anyway, I was able to get CSS in (minus some floor stuff), another long unused. Yay! One anxiety had been that I wouldn't be able to work out today. We left early enough, happily.
Don't delete newer posts yet! I love going back and reading the posts. I'm such a nerdy reader.:rolleyes::p
Dinner last night was quite interesting. Dh ended up joining us super last minute. In other words, we missed the first seating.:D The ramen was filling and tasty. Still not as good as my fave place in Santa Clara. Porter Square Ramen Shop Wants To Make Your Dreams Come True | WBUR
Carolyn, don't do any exercise till you sort out what the problem is. You could be exacerbating it irreversibly. Omg, the pain!:confused:
Work soon.

Last edited:
Hi friends, work wasn't too bad. The weather is fabulous too--low 70s and sunny. This weekend will be in the 80s! My sis and cousins and I will head to Rockport tomorrow. I've never been there (or maybe I was there in grade school) and can't wait to see it as an adult. I stayed home from the Canada trip to keep ds company (remember one year ago he was on his own??) and end up going on a day trip.:rolleyes: Guilty mother.

Jean, I should do UY Flex more too. Thanks for reminding me about Yin and Flex.
Those are indeed the names of my books and I started the newest one first since I likely won't be able to renew it. I have 3 weeks so it shouldn't be a problem.
I do finish the ramen from my fave place. Some others we have tried are super salty so I shouldn't finish it.;)
I think I might be able to convince ds2 to go to CA with me next summer given that the ramen eating we do out there is slowly thawing his dislike to travel there.;)

How does one loosen up tight hamstrings? Mine have been feeling so tight lately. I want to be careful not to injure them too, given what Mary and Missy have gone through.

Just had a cider donut from yesterday's orchard visit, and the rest of my carrot cake (really, just 3 bites).:eek:

I'm going to insert a movie to watch. I'm sure I'll doze off....:eek:

Last edited:
Thanks, Jean!:) I'll check it out.
Never got to the movie. I just finished dinner so I'll wash up first before I try to watch Walk of Shame. I should go to bed early. Another early start tomorrow.
Dh is already in Saskatchewan. It's mega-hot there but the junky old hotel has already turned off the a/c for the season. Tomorrow will be majorly cool.
All right, better go.

My sister just left town today. Her and the family were in from CO. We had a great visit. We spent one day at an indoor waterpark and wow did B LOVE that. No surprise there! He is a water baby! We also spent some time in Duluth and even made it to the North Shore for a hike.

Workouts.....I have been working out. Did Meso 2 Legs, AB, CSS, HS, SC, FT....same ol same ol. I need to mix it up.

Working on the cardiac unit today. Getting an admit soon.

I miss my boys! I had the past 12 days off cuz of my sis being here. First day back to work and I feel foggy.

Carolyn- OH YAY!!!!!!!!!! So happy you insurance is paying for your PT. Glad you got the MRI too....now come on results.

Betty- Have a blast in Rockport with your sis and cousins :)

Jean- Thanks for the link to the Double Step workouts in the OD thread. They look so complex but I am determined haha! Good luck with the fridge....never fun! They get so gross! I just did mine the other day.

Missy- That's so sad about Maxie :( Poor thing! Feel better soon!

Mary- I feel for you so much with missing your dd :( I just dread the day B leaves. I'm so sorry!

Ok got to run. My patient will be here soon. I'll try and be better about checking in.

Just got back from apple picking - it is so hot out! Not fall-like at all. We checked in advance and the apple place we always go to is almost out of apples, so we figured we'd better go today. Now I need to drink a gallon of water to cool down. This would have been a perfect weekend to go to the cape but the girls have too many activities planned.

I did FT this morning.

Marie, how great that you were able to get so much time off to spend with your sis. Does she work out with you too? I remember your Mom does.

Betty, how was Rockport? Nice day for that too, but probably hot walking around.

We watched the Way Way back last night, it was good.

Good morning! Wow, the new forum! My background is peachy-colored. It'll be interesting to learn this anew. Sadly it looks like the same cast of characters for emoticons. In fact, they're harder to identify.

Carolyn, how fabulous for you! Isn't that the best, impromptu, and it worked out! What a marvelous weekend for it!
Rockport was amazing! I don't recognize being there before! I enjoyed walking through it with females. I'm not sure it would have been as fun with males. It was not nearly as crowded as Provincetown, and it's much prettier to me. There was a farmers market with some organic produce (omg!) which I couldn't even take advantage of since we were many hours from refrigerating anything. I could have cried. We ate fried clams in town, and when we finished we hit a Marshalls in Gloucester, drove to the Eastern Point Lighthouse there, and ate in downtown Gloucester (seared scallops, raw oysters, sushi, cocktails!). We got home almost 12 hrs later. Yikes. Can you say exhaustion?:D

Mary, didn't the movie remind you of the Cape?? The amusement park is a real place! I looked it up at the time I saw the movie, but not only that, we drove past it last month. Those neighbors were so obnoxious.

Jean, the movie was funny! I enjoyed it a lot. It was a case of mistaken identity and the filmmakers sort of set you up for expectations and stereotypes only to dissolve them with humor.

bbl.

Yes, this will take some time to get used to the new look.

Carolyn, I am so envious of you! I would have loved to go to the Cape this weekend.

This morning I did the cardio from S&G, and then stretching from Lastics. I clearly need to do more in that dept, my muscles were trembling.

Jean I read Unbroken when it first came out, I really liked it.

Betty, yes, my dd and I both thought it looked like the Cape. She even looked up Water Wizz. Sounds like you had a great day in Rockport.

Hiho. What a warm day today. Low 80s. Takes me back to a sultry summer day. And this is judging from inside the house.:p
Ok, I did STS TB:cool: without the bonus burns. I haven't touched it in a couple of years. It's no wonder. I still don't like it. Too much equipment, for one. And the set is too crowded. Volume was filmed super low. We never even used the inclining step (couldn't even remember what it's called!) and I took it out. Warming up with weights has always felt out of place to me. Poor Greg was already sweating profusely during the warmup. I was wearing the same sneakers as the crew.:p I feel like this is the first time I did a total body weight workout since my diagnosis. 8#s, 5s, and 3s were my friends. No weights tomorrow am, so I'll do a cardio one.
Ok, sorry for the complaining.

Oh wow I knew it would be different but the peach.....not sure I'm a fan lol. Oh well, change is good.

Working oncology today but no cancer patients....just all medical overflow patients. Discharged one and two left makes for a boring afternoon. DH is going to watch football tonight with some friends so B and I are having a mama son night.....so excited!!! I'm thinking a walk to the park, bath, dinner, bottle (yes he still uses a bottle but only at bedtime- nothing better than him twirling my hair between his fingers as he relaxes), books and then watching Curious George.....so excited! Yesterday he was sleeping when I got home so I did X10 Low Impact. Today's workout was 2- 30m walks during my breaks.

Ok so- check this out. My patients are usually great but this one today was out of control. Last night he called a nurse the c-word. This morning he called me an idiot. He said he had a headache so I offered him some Tylenol. He said, "It's called acetaminophen you idiot." My response--- "Actually it can be called both and I will be back when you can learn to be respectful." Needless to say the dude has some major psych issues. He is totally noncompliant with his medications. He has home health care but is totally disrespectful with them too and they are apparently going to drop him soon unless changes his attitude. The doctor ended up discharging him today because he is refusing all care. Thank goodness for us lol!

Mary- What a fun day apple picking, minus the heat. We are going to the apple orchard tomorrow :) I wish my sis worked out with me. She walks but no official workouts. The girl weighs like 100 pounds....tiny like my mom. She eats whatever she wants too. So unfair I tell ya. I'm fit and at a healthy weight but I have to workout and eat healthy to maintain that.

Jean- It's always fun to read the book first and then watch the movie. Fun to compare. I used to read and know I will get back to it someday but during my minimal free time I prefer brainless activites like reality shows ;)

Carolyn- What a fun weekend....nothing better than family time :):):)

Betty- Bummer about the emoticons darn it! ;) Good job on the workout! I don't own that one....one of the few ;)

Hi Missy! How's Maxie?

Off to check on a patient. I discontinued her Foley catheter so I'm hoping she has peed. Some people tend to retain urine after removal of a catheter...never good!

And then I think I deserve a latte from the cafeteria ;)

Have a great day everyone!

Marie, how fantastic your sis and family came to town. And 12 days off too. So special.
My dh is flying from Saskatchewan to Mnpls and changing flights there to Boston. Wave Hi when he lands around 6 pm your time!;)
I love the image you provide of ds twirling your hair while he relaxes with his bottle. I absolutely loved that time. My kids' faces used to display nirvana when they drank their bottle at bedtime! Dh wanted the boys off sooner than I would have liked.
You must be getting off early enough that you'll still have time for a walk to the park. Good for you guys!
What crazy people you must encounter at work. You must see all walks of life. This man is missing some filter! He will be a burden on society one way or another. So sad.

Mary, that's superb that you did some Lastics.

Jean, I just came across The Paradise--season 2 started tonight! I missed 40 mins so I must find a re-airing of it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.