Men’s Opinions on Women

>"A person is Smart but People are stupid" :7

In psychological terms, it's called "groupthink". Groupthink stems from peer or social pressure and both men and women are succeptible. It's the reason Adolf Hitler was so successful.

I recently heard a man discribe the relationship b/t a man and a woman as this:
2 Pilots can fly a plane but will they reach their destination?
2 Navigators know where they are going but without a pilot how'll they get there?
You need 1 pilot and 1 navigator. Thats the only way to get to the destination.

Just thought I'd share.

~Reece Out~

Cool metaphor. Here's another saying I've always loved:

"Women marry men expecting them to change. Men marry women expecting them to always stay the same." The whole Venus/Mars thing I guess.

Hi Bill,

I very much appreciate your posting! It's nice to hear from a good guy. I think your mention of not trying to change another person is very important. You are absolutely right; you can't change anyone else, and if in your relationship one is trying to change the other, it's just not a good fit.

Thanks so much for your comments!

Thanks for posting Dave. I agree that sometimes when one sex gets together and talks about the other, way too many generalizations are made. I like your quote lol!

Hi Candi! I have made a mental list of what to look for in a life partner. Many years ago, I dated a guy who I thought I might end up marrying. We were together for more than 4 years, but the relationship just wasn't a good fit. It was so difficult to leave him, because he was a good guy, just not the right guy for me. I'm glad I did it, though, and it was a good lesson for me.

Thanks Candi!

Maximus,

I don;t know if you meant to be funny, but I cracked up when I read this line: "There is no such animal as the "perfect guy." LOL.

And pugs do seem to make the best companions, don't they?

:) I have to laugh at my rather curt reply to your post. I got interrupted when I was typing and had to submit before adding any detail.

You can tell a good man by how he treats his mother. My husband loved his mother very much, but wasn't a "mama's boy". It's one of the main reasons I knew he was the one.

Sounds to me like this couple had an "issue" going on that day. I know my husband and I, after 26 years of marriage, are in agreement on life's issues 97.2% of the time. But there are those days when he may have an attitude about something or we didn't agree on an issue or whatever, and if I am po'd with him I "might" say something to someone to lead them to believe that I think all men are buttheads when I actually don't think that. :7

LOL! You might not think so if you knew my pug! He's very sweet & affectionate, but he's a little too high spirited. In fact, we're currently undergoing "behavior modification." I kid you not. This is not obedience training, it's actually dog therapy.

On the other hand, I have a 14 year old chow-lab mix who is just about the sweetest thing in the world. She would do anything to please.

And yes & no, it was a little tongue in cheek but that doesn't mean it isn't true. ;-)

Excuse me while while my navigator and I put this plane in auto pilot and join the mile high club! LOL
Dave

Well as the stereotype says I can't be the navigator because men always get lost and refuse to answer directions.

Hey I'll be the navigator if it gets me in the mile high club. LOL

Dave

Ok...Your right. Men are the pilot. I was just messing with you. lol. You know why women are the navigator right? We think in multi-dimensions. That is why we navigate. So that is just a nice way of saying we're the brains of the outfit.

}(
~Reece Out~

So funny Bill.

I loved your quote also Maximus, that is so true.

As others said before, all people are different.

Maybe your friend was referring to the biological aspect of men having multiple partners to procreate. Intellectually human beings can stay monogamous.

Marriage is wonderful.

Lori

Ahhh...Bill. Too bad you couldn't say that to my face. lol.

I guess if I ever get married, the guy will have to be smarter than I am. That would be way more interesting and even entertaining. I have a habit of walking all over a guy who can't keep up. So since I don't want to walk all over him I can't be myself. I have to come down to his level. I know I wouldn't want to do that for the rest of my LIFE!

~Reece Out~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.