Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

Hi everyone I am sorry I have not posted on here. I was in WV and when I go there I don't have service in some areas so don't even get on phone except emergencies. I saw all my siblings and that was great! Saw daddy!! He made it through surgery and doctors didn't think he would make it but he did!! But he is a little out of it right now. He seems sad. I guess it is depressing to think u lost a leg. It's independence that he lost is what Issas. I also notice he is not eating much. Scary stuff. So now it's waiting game! Praying

hi girls! today was RWH back, shoulders and bis. still have been sticking with the 20 lbs for bis, which feels good. I do feel like I am fighting/coming down with a cold, though. hoping it passes, but I am also watching two little ones today who both have coughs like seals:-(. anyway, at least I got the workout in!

renee-- I am so happy to hear about your dad! I hope he can recover and have lots of good quality of life ahead! <3

hello ladylep!

peace,

katie

hi girls! quiet on here! so, today I did RWH upper body circuit, abs 1 and 30 mins of yoga. yesterday was RWH legs plus I was able to take bugsy for a walk (he is finally doing well enough to walk outside again!). today I feel like I sprained or pulled my left big toe? not sure, but it is hurting after workout. tomorrow is supposed to be lower body circuit, so I hope it feels better in the morning; plus, my legs are super sore from yesterday! this rotation is definitely a challenging one! I did change it around a bit this week, but have kept all the workouts the same for these 6 days. I think this will be finishing up week 6 of the totally ripped with hiit rotation on Friday!

how are you girls doing? I have been stressed over all these travel/audition plans for alec and ended up with a big old ugly cold sore on my lip! gross! I have never had before, but it has been painful and extremely unattractive! blech! hoping it goes away soon. guess all the stress and lack of sleep finally caught up with me.

I hope you both are doing well! renee, I hope that your dad is healing. ladylep, I imagine the kids are keeping you busy!

take care all,

katie

Hi, I was skiing all day yesterday with all the kids and Hubby. Today I did low impact 2 abs 1. Tomorrow is hard strikes. I hope I can get it in!

Sickness is still lingering around hear: I still have a cough, Hubby had a headache this evening but he's pretty good. JTrain is getting over his cold, CDawg had a sore throat yesterday and today and had a very low fever, if you can even call it that:99.5, B has huge tonsils and a cough, he is going to see an ENT next week, and Little K has the adenoidvirus, not contagious, just a cold that affects both eyes, ears, nose and throat. Fun, fun!

Katie, I hope you can relax once the auditions are over!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hi girls. last night was really rough for me-- I ate vegan ice cream yesterday afternoon. I knew I shouldn't have done it, as for whatever reason my stomach typically won't tolerate even non dairy ice cream. anyway, I woke up at around midnight after going to bed at 10:30 and had horrible stomach pains. was up the rest of the night, basically, as anytime my stomach wasn't bothering me seemed to be when rik would start snoring:-(. I felt like skipping my workout, but stuck with the rotation and did lower body circuit. that one is tough even when I am feeling well!

ladylep-- I am so sorry you are still dealing with sickness! what a winter! sounds like you have gotten good workouts in, whether cathe or skiing. I hope I can relax, too, though I can only imagine what I will be like when it is time for alec to move away in the fall!

hello renee-- hope you are doing well.

off to cello choir,

katie

Hard Strikes...complete! That workout is just fun, and a lot is due to the music! Not sure if I'll get a wo in tomorrow, RWH CUB is on tap. I'm out from 9-6 with standardized testing in the morning, volleyball practice in the afternoon and an hour to fight the rush hour traffic (normally 30 min, will be 45+) to get to baseball practice. Thankfully I don't have to stay for that one. I just drop and let Hubby pick him up! But I'm dropping the older 3 at church and then head to my parents 10 min away, for a couple of hours, then I do my food shopping while the older 2 are at volleyball. Sounds busy, but it's actually pretty relaxing when I'm not thinking about the driving and rushing!!

Hi Katie and Renee! Off to plan my meals for the week!

I am back from WV have been since Tuesday! But so tired I have NOT done a workout!! I don't know if I am depressed or just tired! We stayed up a lot I know the second night I was in WV dad was trying to take his bandage off his leg so I stayed with him all night so he wouldn't. I tried to sleep in the chairs. Not happening. I had to make sure he breathed through his nose or the oxygen would read low and beep. Geez that's hard with a mouth breather! I gently kept closing his mouth but it woke him up anyway some of the time. I could only imagine what he thought I was trying to do since he had a hard time hearing lol. ( hospital) lost his hearing aids. That part isn't funny but you know you must have laughter or you'd die right?
I have been sleeping on and off since I been home doing laundry. I have surgery now set for 28 next wed so I want to get ripped before surgery butt all this happened. I have a few more days and would it be healthy to do an exercise here and there or is it wasting my time? So frustrating. I feel like u have gained already!! I have not been able to be consistent with workouts so very frustrated I have put on some in the past month!! Grr make me made.

Renee that must be so tough! Don't worry about the past missed workouts, I would just do your best to eat healthy and workout now. But don't stress about it, I feeling that it might be more important for you to be calm and not stressed at this time than to fret about workouts.

I was able to only have 1/3 of the dark chocolate bar last night! I had 5 points left over from the day and used them on that! So I'm down 3 this morning!! Now if I can get thru the sweets of the weekend measuring all my food!

Gosh I have a lot of typos up there !! Lol I was meaning I feel I have gained already. Yea I am trying not to stress to much but honestly I just don't have energy to do anything for some reason. I have been trying to get my home ready for the few days during recovery. I went shopping for frozen fruit for smoothies and got a squatty potty and different things I will need. Laundry I work Monday and Tuesday is post op and I been recouping from my WV trip and seeing daddy like he is. But I guess I will try to get in a workout before Tuesday I hope maybe it will bring my spirits up. But if I don't ill be like u said and not worry about it. I need to get me some vitamin C as well

So mad I could spit!! I am glad I am not dying. The doctors office called and said that they know they rescheduled my appointment before and there not changing it but they are just calling me to let me know he is having carpel tunnel symptoms and he won't be at 100 % by Wednesday but he will do the surgery but letting me know and leaving it up to me what I want to do. Are u kidding me? I have already asked the girl that quit her job there only works one day a week cause her mom doesn't want to babysit everyday to work for me and she asked her aunt and her aunt made plans to do so suppose to be on 14 then they changed it to the 28th so I had to let work now this and each time now they wait till Friday to call. This is nerve racking I get all the stuff ready and groceries ready easy to make and this is a new job so I'm lucky they are trying to work with me. I told them yes I want to go on with the surgery but my husband says no .. Go to a different doctor. That means longer time to feel like shit. I wanted to get this over with. Means I have to tell my work again its rescheduled again she gonna tell me never mind she can't keep doing this. I don't blame her. I mean what does this doctor think I can just sit around and wait on a day he is ready to do it? I don't know what to do.

Wow, Renee!! That's terrible! Where are you that has docs like that? I don't have any suggestions, just feeling some of the emotions you might be feeling, anger, frustration, etc.

No wo in yesterday, hopefully today.

Renee-- that sounds insane! No, i wouldn't go with this doctor at all! Does your insurance cover you to go somewhere else? I hate to say it, but i think i would go to another doctor and get a second opinion on the whole surgery: this just sounds super fishy to me, and for something so serious as going under the knife, i would be extremely cautious. This is not professional behavior at all. I hope ypu get something figured out! I am scared and angry for you!

Ladylep-- great job on the eating! Wish i could say the same for me. It was rik's bday on thursday, and i have had too many sweets.

Today is my rest day. Yesterday was LIHI chest, sh, and tris. It's supposed to be upper body circuit tomorrow and lower body the next, but i may swap their order-- super sore in upper body today: matched cathe in all weights yesterday and made it through most of the push ups on my toes, so i am fried.

Happy saturday to all.

Katie

We got a lot accomplished on the house today! New kitchen faucet given and put in by a friend and he helped me put my desk together that my mom had given me for Christmas. Hubby got the kids to 2 basketball games and had to shovel the driveway. I got in RWH CUB and the friend who helped with stuff, brought his family and they stayed for dinner. Fun productive day! Eating today was good until dinner, she made popovers and I had three, then I mad chocolate chip bundt cake and some Hershey's kisses!

sounds like a productive day, ladylep! I just did the UB circuit today, too! was going to switch the UB and LB around, but after a super crummy night of sleep decided UB was less intense than all of that step work! I also added in abs 1 and 30 mins of gentle yoga. alec had a recital for a competition today and we did the grocery shopping, but otherwise have been at home.

renee, I hope you are hanging in there!

off to watch midsomer murders on Netflix-- my new addiction. before that, I was watching hercule poirot. they both are BBC series and very well done.

happy sunday,

katie

hi girls! me again! got in RWH lower body circuit-- gosh that is intense! that 40 lb barbell nearly kills me! this week seems extra tough. plyo hiit 1 is on for tomorrow, then one rest day, then upper body circuit and then lower body circuit again!

I hope I can walk come the weekend!:eek:

ladylep-- hope you are staying safe in the big snow storm! it has been in the 40s here and all our snow is nearly gone!

renee-- hope you are well! are you guys getting snow, too?

good night!

katie

Katie, We got some snow today, but we've been down graded to 6 inches...we'll see.

Yesterday I didn't feel great so I only did the first Tabata and the 28 min premix of yoga relax. Tonight I did AOLIH and I guess I should have checked the schedule because today was LIHI Chest and tomorrow was supposed to be AOLIH. Oh well. I wasn't in the mood for anything longer. I know it's less than a 10 min diff. but a wo in the 30s seems so much shorter than one in the 40s! I feel a cold coming on, hoping I will escape it!

Hi Renee!

Hi girls! Today for me was plyo hiit 1 plus abs 1 and some yoga. Tomorrow is a rest day and i need it! Feel like i am fighting something off, too. Made some shitake mushroom and drank that-- hope it helps to fight this off.

Ladylep-- aolih is shorter, but you got the afterburn! Glad you guys are safe and the snow wasn't too awful! Hope you stay healthy!

Hello Renee! How are things?

20 min LIHI Chest was all I had the time and energy for. Stepdad admitted to hospital after 2 trips to the ER,infection and my uncle in Michigan had a massive stroke on sunday was given meds but swelling in the brain led to surgery that didn't go well and then he was on a ventilator for a while and now is off. The docs don't know how long betas. He's in MI, mom and I are in Philly. I wasn't close with him but he's my mom's only sibling and it hard enough with my stepdad being sick...snow was barely 2 inches, bummed! But I've got something going on in my eyes, goopy and I probably caught Little K's adneovirua, cold that affects both eyes, ears through and nose. Ugh.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.