STS first time!

Carolyn, we have never gotten flu shots.
We ate so late because dh came home late from work to grill.
Was XT near your knee surgery?
Oh, I watched a minute or two of Gracepoint. The dialogue is not word verbatim with Broadchurch. That would have been so unoriginal.
Tropical tomorrow, rain and all.

Good morning, friends. It is dark and rainy. I have food shopping to do.
Jean, I have made baked Brie with apricot and it has always been a hit.
Carolyn, is HC even ok for your disc?

I used crescent rolls but I think puff pastry is better.
Dh tells me to meet the man at a public place, which is prudent, so I need to call and arrange that.
So humid out. Showers come and go here and haven't been lasting very long.

I found a cork yoga brick at Whole Foods of all places. It was on sale too!:)
I will be mtg the man at a church down the street from his residence. I've passed that church thousands of times. If I don't report back in later, alert the authorities!:D
I'll go do a few things first, then get ready. Ttyl

Well, I'm back safe and sound. At the church 4 people knew him (he attends there). We ended up back at his office and I typed some correspondence for him, for which he paid me. He's determined and still wants to advertise once more and get more resumes. And he's going to CA for a week on Saturday. So it's going to be a slow process.
It is raining plenty with tropical humidity. Just grossly sticky.

Carolyn, the oven would dry up some of that humidity. My kitchen is showing 80% humidity. Awful.
The role calls primarily for transcribing notes into computer from journals and audio tapes. We got along well. I have had tons of experience dealing with elderly neighbors; he is in his 80s. He said he liked my work, but seems to have decided before we met that he wants to advertise and go through more resumes. If hired, I would try to swing both jobs. He wants 16 hrs a week. I've always been a highly-productive worker.
I need to hit LL&A or GG tomorrow. It has been a while!
So tired but am just sitting on couch vegging. I still need to do my arm exercises!

What are Jane Fonda exercises??
Carolyn, I caught a glimpse of your mistress earlier. I totally forgot about its existence. Sniff sniff

What grotesque humidity inside the house this morning. I was just dripping sweat. It's supposed to be drier air and low 70s today. Fab.
I overslept a tad so I did a premix of GG. Love the workout!

Jean, biking is exercise too. Don't sweat it. (Is that a pun??)
I forgot to tell you that my 50-yr-old C test is next Thurs. How will I survive without eating seeds and nuts for a whole week? It's a huge part of my daily breakfast. The day before is a workday for me and I can only have clear liquids. How can I not feel weak??

Carolyn, good plan. I think I'd do the same.

TGIF, everyone.

Hiho. What a gorgeous day. I've opened my windows too to dry out the humidity.
Work was relatively quiet, and after, I tried to get a couple of neighbors for a walk, to no avail. So, instead, I'm at my desk attempting to file the stack of paper.
I've never purchased Cathe's calendar. What's it like?
How exciting about your future MA neighbors! Do tell when you get more info!
Don't get me started on jello! No nutritional value whatsoever! Yet they serve it at hospitals! Where people are sick or recovering! Sorry for my rant.
Thanks for the idea of getting takeout--dinner, by the time I'm done.
I better chop chop since the daylight is waning.

Hello everyone,

Girls had the PSAT test this morning so I took my Mom shopping. We didn't really see much we wanted to buy. Or maybe it was the Christmas decorations that turned me off!

I also did GS BSB this morning. That felt really good, I think because I have not done heavy weights in a while. They do get tiring!

Weird day, one minute the sun is out and the next looks like it will rain.

Carolyn, so sorry about your pain. I'm glad you are going to the pain clinic, it is not something you can take care of on your own.

I never buy the calendar either. Ok, feel like I am rambling, bbl.

Hiya. It was sunny and mild this morning and now it has clouded up. I think the rain that's promised is on its way. It's going to get COLD!:confused:
Mary, ds2 had PSAT too! The practice to the actual one to count next year! Are you surprised that kids are taking it sophomore year? I am, I guess. Ds1 took it then too.
Say, which exercises will give you the cut muscles just below the shoulder cap? I don't even know what that's called.:0 Delts? I'm so clueless. I know it's not the biceps. I noticed last month that my arm has that uni-size look of middle age ever since I stopped working them due to my frozen shoulders. Waaaah. I want my cut/toned look back. I've started with XT slowly. Hope to be ready(ier) for Ripped.
Carolyn, take a nap when it starts raining.
Dinner with girlfriends tonight. Would you believe my neighbor also asked me to go see Gone Girl tonight? Doesn't it always work out that way??

Last edited:
Haven't read the book but it's supposed to be good.
Dinner included dessert, and a walk through the mall and a supermkt. It is chicken soup for the soul to see my friends.
Carolyn, how fun that playing sounds! So creative!
Jean, add this movie to your list: A Long Way Down. I enjoyed it a lot.
How awesome Cathe is including abs in the new series!

Carolyn have you done Bikram yoga before? I heard it is pretty intense. Make sure to listen to your body.

I did Hard Strikes this morning. I think I did this one long ago but did not remember the weight and ab work at the end. It includes that situp/pushup combo. I had intended to do core #1 after it but felt like I had enough ab work without it.

I read Gone Girl and enjoyed it, I think it would be tough to see the movie since I know how it turns out.

Carolyn my girls went to spooky world up at Canobie lake last night. It took me 45 mins just to get through the parking lot, and I was only trying to drop them off! So crowded.

Betty sounds like you had a great evening.

Beautiful day here, much cooler and fall-like. Looking forward to a fire later. Enjoy everyone!

OMG, Carolyn! How utterly exciting you discovered someone with the same issue so close to you! You can not only attend her yoga, but can pick her brain! And what a deal! I am ecstatic for you! Can you copy the link and paste it on this forum in your reply? I wanna see!
You, who doesn't think you can get a good workout from yoga, are going to be in for the shock of your life! Your arms will be more toned. Heck, your whole body. The only con for me? Heated! I wouldn't be able to take the hot!
I bought nada. That mall is weird. Open for walking through but stores were all closed!

Mary, that's the workout I thought I was referring to the other day! The killer ab section at the end. Nope, you don't need Core #1.
I'll have to read that book!
You sound relaxed. Good for you!

Hi Marie! Ds must have had his birthday recently?

My pancakes were kind of floppy today.:confused: Not to be confused with flapjacks at all.

Good afternoon....last week I had to work front desk wed, Thurs, and Fri.... buy Friday....I was a crazy woman.... oh my.... Saturday Tim and I went to valdosta and went to hobby lobby....and lowes and home depot!!!!

Today been doing chores an had to buy groceries!

I am so pumped for the new series!
I haven't ordered the calendar yet....hmmmm....

Marie....happy birthday to your little man!

Carolyn....hope your back is feeling better.....

I just made some pumpkin cookies....yummy!!!!

Be back in a bit....
I'm making a roast with yummy carrots tonight....

Hi Missy! Long time no hear from you! Hope your pains are under control.
A roast sounds delish!
Anyone know what the points we accumulate are from? I have 36 from I don't know what.
Private Messaging is under Conversations, I read earlier. Wherever that is.
Kind of a gloomy day at times. Cold, for sure.

Incredible, Carolyn! Good luck! She is a tailor-made instructor for you! We'll be with you in spirit!
I do love the idea of yoga. I never realized Bikram is about 26 poses! I thought it was all about the heat! I see the pics of the 26 poses on that site and now need a dvd to lead me through the poses fluidly!
Great that you got in those miles.
OMG, that's a cold indoor temp. It was like that last weekend at my house!

I never even went outside today because it looked so cold. And I didn't get much done since every time it clouded over, it's like I closed up. I did manage to henna my hair though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.