STS first time!

Carolyn, I'm sentimental too. Don't beat yourself up for remembering those beautiful childhood memories.

Missy, what happened that's giving you so much pain? Yikes.:(

Since I'm working tomorrow, I guess I will work out. I better give it some thought--need abs in it too.

Jean, what's the cheese Danish puff pastry recipe again? I had the tab open for weeks and weeks but can't locate it now.

I've been dragging all week. Should go to bed early.

Good morning....on treadmill walking....as I'm a mess.... my hip is incredibly sensitive....errr.... not sure....it could be alignment...cause that can cause knee and hip pain or it could be it band....or I could just be falling apart.....

Its thursday though....I'm ready for the weekend.....

Anyone been watching dr oz this week??? A new season started monday....

Tonight a new season of biggest loser starts....but not sure if I will watch....I had such harsh feeling on last season....and jillian is not on there this year....so I prob will not give it my time....

Hmmm....

Have a lovely thursday my fit friends....

Good morning! It's sunny out so it should be nice. I woke up deciding on UY Gentle. It's perfect for when your eyes are still half-closed! I couldn't sleep during it though. Too busy.:D Love the instrumental music--it's so good.
Planning on working just 3 hrs today, then piano in aft.

Missy, I'd love to watch Dr Oz--he's got such a knack for imparting useful information in a fun way. But no time. I love The Chew too.
I don't think we'll be watching Big L this year. No Jillian, plus you wonder a little too often how much they stage everything.:mad:
You should prob lay off on the exercise until you figure out what's going on with your pain.

Carolyn, my heart breaks for that family. I can't understand the cruel pain that some have to endure.

Remembering my cousin today who perished on 9/11, helping victims of the towers.:(

Last edited:
Carolyn....that is terrible about that child.... omg.... I feel for the parents....

As for the pain....I will see how it feels as the day goes on....if its still bad...I will go visit my chiro/friend...LOL.... so I can workout tonight..... Xtrain Bis/Tris is what is sched.... I started a rotation yesterday....cant remember which one...I printed the sched.....:confused:

My long lost friend text me this morning...I haven't heard from her in awhile...she had a hysterectomy and has gained 30 pds.... she said she has just been released to exercise again...and she is fat.... poor thing...I know how hard it is...as I am trying to lose myself but this pain keeps slowing me down.... errrr!!!!!

Got to run....busy at work...be back in a bit!

Hiho. Eating my lunch. It is now cloudy and breezy.
S&G prob has pushups, burpees, and other things on the floor, right?
I watch no tv during the day either. Such a time suck, not to mention brain musher!

Having an online meeting during lunch. Trying to pay attention, would rather be outside.

I was too tired to work out this morning. It is so dark. Last night we had open house at the HS. My DH is traveling this week so I tried to make it to as many classes as I could.

Betty I didn't know you had lost a cousin on 9/11. I'm sorry. I was listening to the radio on my drive to work today and people were describing stories of their loved ones lost. Such a sad day.

Carolyn, that poor family, it does seem too much to endure. And I am sorry about the insurance, I know we are all responsible for our own but usually the place we visit checks to make sure the visit is covered because they want to get paid. Could PT have been looking at old insurance? If they were out of network, they shouldn't have charged you a copay.

Missy, I hope the pain improves!

Yikes, it's quite humid out.:confused: Blegh.

Jean, thanks for the recipe! The link I previously had was a different format but I'm sure these are the same ingredients. Did you once say you subbed puff pastry dough instead?
Dang, 90 degrees!:confused: I'm so over those temps! It is near 80 today.
Let's see. We have Veronica Mars, The Other Woman, Blended, Life of a King as our current movies. We watched Noah, Mr Nobody (very long and strange). As for books, don't ever read Robert Galbraith or JK Rowling's adult novels. They're awful, lengthy, verbose. Have you read Lee Child and Nicholas Sparks? And Sandra Brown? Many books and very good writing. Currently reading David Baldacci on character named Robie (3 books)

Good morning!!! Last night I cooked dinner, did a few chores, did a walk/run on treadmill to see how my hip would do....so this morning I'm up.... not too painful today....last night before bed it was screaming..... confused.... if it start hurts bad today....I will go to chiropractor....we shall see....I was on bed last nigbt at 9.... asleep by 9:15.... I was exhausted.....

Looking forward to 5 oclock today.....hehehehe

Tomorrow....we will ride motorcycle to farmers market and fill up the saddle bags with produce....fun fun!!!!

Jean....yummy...ice cream....how i s your hubby doing????

Better speed up this cardio session. ...be back!

Good glorious morning! Dry breezes, sun, just fab. TGIF to those working outside the home!
I did GG. I noticed all week that my hamstrings are super-tight.:confused:

Missy and Carolyn, you've got to ease up on LB until you find the source of the agony!

C, I feel discs are bad for our body somehow but can't articulate exactly what it is. I don't know how you tolerate your pain. Kudos to you.

Missy, so envious of you going to the farmers mkt! Love the idea. I badly miss the CA one I've been to!

Jean, how do you decide on what books for the group?

Mary and Marie, hi! Colleen, please pop in!

Better move along. Work soon. Need a few more hours of sleep.

Good Afternoon..... so I have an appointment at 3:15 with the chiro! We shall see......I had a greek salad for lunch....yummy!!!!

Im ready to go home and relax!!!! I hope I get snapped back into place and life is great and I can run, run, run!!!! Fingers crossed!!!!!! :eek:

I will let you know in a few hours! :confused:

Missy, how did it go with the chiro? All straightened out? At least you get home earlier!

Jean, I watched BL too. I never watch in real time! We prob won't record it. What Bob is heading is the same thing as Last Chance Kitchen on Top Chef and Redemption Island on Survivor. Not an original idea.

Carolyn, how do you like Master Chef? Is there any television program whose colors look as vibrant as they are in this?? Love the program. Gordon Ramsay is at his charming and impressive best here. His other shows Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, Hotel Hell are trashy and seeemingly staged. He was his best in a couple of UK shows, Best Restaurants and Kitchen Nightmares.
MC Junior resumes in November: MasterChef Junior Is Whipping up Trouble and Gordon Ramsay Is Not Pleased in This Season 2 First Look | E! Online

Worked till 3 and caught up on some work. Need to take what I can get since busy season is around the corner.:confused:

Hello....let's just say.....I went to chiro....hip alignment issue again.... I feel okay....well....my knee is hurting still....but it is get better with time.....I hope!!!! When I was leaving....I had insurance related issues..... last time I went.... I told the girls not to bill my ins cause it was cheaper for me to psy self pay as the visit is $45 rather than pay a $50 copay.....so I paid $45.... I then got a eob in the mail.....my insurance processed it and only applied $30 to deductible....so I asked the office staff to check my acct as I should have a $15 credit.... so after disputing this with office receptionist, and the billing clerk...they were so confused....they said your copay is $50 and you paid $45 as that is the office charge....I had to explain to them how billing worked...I was amazed....i said....listen, this is what i do for a living.....they had non clue what they were doing.....they had to ask the Dr....and he said yes....she knows better than all of us.....and she is correct.....I thought omg....

So here I sit.....resting....fingers crossed I can run with no pain.......

Off to take my evening bath!!!! Check back in a bit!!!!

Good morning, my friends. I slept till 9:30;). I feel guilty when I sleep that late.:rolleyes:
Just finished brunch. I tried Martha Stewart's apple-buttermilk pancakes and they were delish. As usual I didn't read the ingredients all the way to the end and only bought applesauce but not an apple so I subbed a peach. It was great. My old recipe of hers was getting rather tired. We've also been using buttermilk for recipes recently. I just make my own with milk and vinegar.

Sorry for you gals going through insurance woes. I think everyone goes through these headaches at one point or another, unfortunately.

Maybe I can get everyone to ride bikes today.... I miss my home cruiser bike.

A little too chilly today, my house is really cold! I did XT Ch-B-Sh and core 1 this morning.

I hate insurance, I don't think anyone (except Missy) understands what is covered and what is not.

Oldest dd is doing well. I had not heard from her since last weekend so I texted her and she tried out for a club basketball team and made it. She said the girls are really nice and I think it gives her a better feeling of belonging. She really likes volleyball and the tryouts for that are this coming week, she said those are really competitive so I told her to just check it out before she decides between the 2. But she sounds like she is adjusting really well. It is such a strange thing, we want them to become independent and successful, and I am happy that she is doing that, but still feel sad that things are not the same at home. It really is an adjustment for us all.

Hope everyone is pain free today!

Funny, I'm not that cold. Must be the denim capris; my LB does feel toasty. Some windows are open and my arms are cold though. It's cloudy, breezy, chilly, and dh did some yard work and is settled in watching golf, so with those two factors there may be no biking.

Carolyn, is that robe $79??? I love my $17 microfleece robe I bought at Costco several years ago!
I don't think we light a fire until October. Though it seems like anything goes this year since Calgary received a foot of snow last week!
I notice if I exercise two days in a row that I am super achy and more tired. Keep that in mind, you daily exercisers.

Jean, I watched The Other Woman last night. It was hysterical in some parts. I do like Leslie Mann.

Mary, great for dd! It IS very different for your family unit henceforth, isn't it? And it is sad.

Carolyn, what a deal! I've not shopped at LL Bean in eons! Online available?
I love that you guys made a conscious decision to eat at home and stay away from germs. That virus is worrisome. Ds2 is a constant toucher of his eyes!:confused:
How fab dd likes to cook. It's so appealing in a person.
It has been showering for an hour or so here! Thank heavens. It was desert-dry here!
Lazy day!

Hello fit friends.....I'm so jealous of your cool and temps....it was hot here today....mid to upper 90's...... I was just complaining of how hot it is.....errrr!!!!

Carolyn....I will have to get Tim to check my length in legs..... I feel pretty good today.....I ran/walked 3 miles on treadmill....no pain yet..... we shall see.....

Tim and I have been cooking at home a lot lately....we went 3 weeks without going out for dinner....its so much healthier....tonight we did go eat dinner with a friend of Tims....at sonneys BBQ....I just got a grilled chicken salad....it was delish!

Mary....i m glad to hear your little one is doing well at college....and I'm glad to hear she is trying out for sports...that will keep her busy!!!! Yeah!!!!

Off to bed....y'all enjoy that brisk air....I can't wait for some....

Good glorious morning, friends! My, does it feel like a fall day! Not ready for fall and winter. Ever.:eek:
Do come over, Carolyn! I have lots more. With tots, eggs, fresh pot of DD, golden kiwis. Does anyone like Spam? We love it!:eek:
We'll be heading into Boston for the food festival. What a day for it! Dh wants to come home to watch golf after, so talk about restricting our possibilities.
Carolyn, you should see if you can find season 1 of Master Chef Junior to watch. It was awesome. Hmm, I wonder if it would be re-aired before season 2 opens.
I'm hungry and ds is still in bed.:mad:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.