Rev’d Up Rumble

Yes, Ilaria co-lead with her partner Patricia M (sp) who has since passed away. They were only on VHS & you had to purchase them through them (at least the originals). After they split, they both produced their own workouts on DVD that you could get thru conventional means. My complaint was you did everything on one side, then repeated for the other side & with VHS there was no way around it. Ilaria's continued to use the title Powerstrikes & I have a few of them but I don't care for them as much anymore, as cardio kickbox like Cathe's are more fun. Ilaria's form & physique are both impressive tho. Patricia later produced workouts thru Gaiam.
I just looked her up and I did a few of her Atletica by Powerstrikes dvds. I didn’t like them because they weren’t like Cathe’s strength training I was used to doing. She also had a workout, I think it was called Forza, and it was some type of sword fighting workout.

I just looked her up and I did a few of her Atletica by Powerstrikes dvds. I didn’t like them because they weren’t like Cathe’s strength training I was used to doing. She also had a workout, I think it was called Forza, and it was some type of sword fighting workout.
Yup. I never did those ..

The first was Powerstrike Millenium Series #1 by Ilaria Montagnani & Patricia Moreno, released in 2000. There are reviews on VideoFitness.

There were 2, maybe 3 after that before they split up and did their own productions. I think the Millenium series were only ever on VHS (could be mistaken...). It was a long time ago, but it started me on my love of Kickboxing. I'd search Collage Video for more .... Cathe's Cardio Kicks & CTX's Kickboxing were soon acquired - i think I got them on Ebay on VHS for super cheap cuz people were switching over to DVDs (we now have them on DVD). Then I got KPC. I pre-ordered KickMax - I think it was my first pre-ordered series.

Nice trip down memory lane ...

Yup. I never did those ..

The first was Powerstrike Millenium Series #1 by Ilaria Montagnani & Patricia Moreno, released in 2000. There are reviews on VideoFitness.

There were 2, maybe 3 after that before they split up and did their own productions. I think the Millenium series were only ever on VHS (could be mistaken...). It was a long time ago, but it started me on my love of Kickboxing. I'd search Collage Video for more .... Cathe's Cardio Kicks & CTX's Kickboxing were soon acquired - i think I got them on Ebay on VHS for super cheap cuz people were switching over to DVDs (we now have them on DVD). Then I got KPC. I pre-ordered KickMax - I think it was my first pre-ordered series.

My first kickbox workout was the original Tae Bo. Bought the 2 VHS set at Walmart. Then there was a Denise Austin Power Kickboxing VHS that had 2 workouts that was pretty good. Step was either Step Reebok, Denise Austin, Buns Of Steel, or Kathy Smith. I didn’t know anything about the Collage Video catalog back then and just bought all my workout videos at Walmart , Best Buy or the old Sam Goody store. Kathy Smith’s Lift Weights To Lose Weight was my first and favorite weight training video. I remember back when I moved up to 8’s but 10’s were still too heavy! Oh and the Denise Austin Hit The Spot series was good too.

Ashaw, goodness, I about remember alll of those! I had tons of Kathy Smith & Denise
Austin workouts.....alot of the Buns of Steel (some had an instructor, Marsha Macro or
something like that--I liked her) Step Reebok, I have most all of The Firm workouts, (old
& newer ones- still have those, FitPrime & Kickbutt which were also put out by Anna
Benson, and I know you all don't do Indoor walking workouts, but I have tons of Leslie
Sansone workouts & some others---always have liked the indoor walk workouts. I have
some Cathe's on VHS still and most all of her dvds, the one I think that I don't
have is The Terminator, or something like that. I have several older Cathe's on VHS
that were never released on dvd- Home Step Workout, and Step n Motion's......

Indeed, it is :)

Well, I got my own curiousity up :), I went & looked for my Cathe's on VHS that I don't think
were ever released on dvd and found a few of them:

Home Step Workout
Step n Motion- Takin' it from the Top
Mega Step Blast
Cardio Step Challenge

That might be it, all the VHS workouts that I still have & hold "dear to my heart" are here,
there, & everywhere !

I think Cathe's sister is in a couple of these older workouts....

I live(d) in a small town when step aerobics was popular. My Jazzercise instructor wanted to offer a step class but I was hesitant to spend $50 for a one-day/week class that I thought may just be a fad. Then we found a VHS tape at Grant's called "Addidicize" (no clue who the instructor was) so we could do step at home too. Then there was a Jane Fonda tape (she only did the intro). Then we discovered Collage & bought lots of Kari Anderson & Jay Blahnik, of course Gin Miller's stuff (the industrial set w/fire was so cool!), Keli Roberts, Christi Taylor, Karen Voight, Amy Bento & lots of CIA stuff. I bought a couple Kathy Smith, Denise Austin, & Gilad off Ebay. That's how I discovered Cathe's step - we had avoided her cuz our Jazzercise instructor told us she was too extreme ... but a couple of Cathe's VHS step workouts were included in a bundle on a bid on Ebay. Then we fell in love! And the rest is history - we have pretty much everything of Cathe's except those originals we missed that AquaGirl mentioned. Sorry we missed out. (I understand there even was a "get ready for your wedding" workout too).

BTW, we have some walking workouts. When I had my shoulder surgery, I couldn't do any impact for awhile, so I got a few walking workouts too. They're still good for an easier recovery day or when rehabing.

Yep, forgot about my Jane Fonda's, & I still have many Gin Millers, I have all of her
Ramping workouts and 2 ramps, Gin's big one & the little one called WalkBlaster that
Leslie put out with a few dvds.... yes, I remember Cathe's get ready for your wedding,
but I never acquired that one. I have the set of walking workouts that George Foreman
( remember the George Foreman grill?) put out called Walk if Off with George. Petra
Kohler (sp?) is the instructor along with George. They are fun little workouts.

My first kickbox workout was the original Tae Bo. Bought the 2 VHS set at Walmart. Then there was a Denise Austin Power Kickboxing VHS that had 2 workouts that was pretty good. Step was either Step Reebok, Denise Austin, Buns Of Steel, or Kathy Smith. I didn’t know anything about the Collage Video catalog back then and just bought all my workout videos at Walmart , Best Buy or the old Sam Goody store. Kathy Smith’s Lift Weights To Lose Weight was my first and favorite weight training video. I remember back when I moved up to 8’s but 10’s were still too heavy! Oh and the Denise Austin Hit The Spot series was good too.
Don't forget The Firm! I had all those too! And the Tamme 30 minute workouts

Yep, forgot about my Jane Fonda's, & I still have many Gin Millers, I have all of her
Ramping workouts and 2 ramps, Gin's big one & the little one called WalkBlaster that
Leslie put out with a few dvds.... yes, I remember Cathe's get ready for your wedding,
but I never acquired that one. I have the set of walking workouts that George Foreman
( remember the George Foreman grill?) put out called Walk if Off with George. Petra
Kohler (sp?) is the instructor along with George. They are fun little workouts.
Remember George's grill?? I still have one & occasionally use for quick little grills!

I have some Petra's too - always enjoyed her accent. I do her Bootcamp Boogie once in awhile.

I didn't get into The Firm much ... I think we had a multi- ab workouts of theirs.

And Tami-lee Webb - I still do her stretching DVD often.

Oh & Tracy York & Michelle Dorz..(sp?) step workouts were fun too ...

I started my workout journey with Leslie Sansone and still have a number of her DVDs. I did her Walk It Off In 30 Days DVD recently. Then I kind of started collecting workout DVDs and borrowed a few from the library too. I have a number of 10 Minute Solutions DVDs, Dance Off the Inches DVDs, some Tracy Anderson, Stott Pilates, Jackie Warner, a couple of Jari Love, some Zumba, some Elements Yoga & Pilates DVDs, and some Gaiam DVDs, including one that features Patricia Moreno. I did have some Jillian Michaels DVDs, but I didn't like her style so ended up selling them. I also had some Tae Bo but ended up selling them too. Then I discovered Beach Body when P90X became all the rage and purchased quite a number of their workout programs. Around the same time, I discovered Cathe and have most of her DVDs and signed up to OnDemand once I got better internet. I discovered her by googling something like best home workout instructor and Cathe's name came up on the search. The reviews about her were positive and there was mention of her being inducted into the fitness hall of fame, so I purchased a few DVDs (with free worldwide shipping) and never looked back. Cathe's kickboxing workouts are definitely the best out of all the ones I've tried. Out of all the workout programs I own, the only one I have fully completed is Cathe's STS. Cathe's step workouts were the first step workouts I ever did. I love the variety of workouts that Cathe offers, and she is always coming up with something new.

I started my workout journey with Leslie Sansone and still have a number of her DVDs. I did her Walk It Off In 30 Days DVD recently. Then I kind of started collecting workout DVDs and borrowed a few from the library too. I have a number of 10 Minute Solutions DVDs, Dance Off the Inches DVDs, some Tracy Anderson, Stott Pilates, Jackie Warner, a couple of Jari Love, some Zumba, some Elements Yoga & Pilates DVDs, and some Gaiam DVDs, including one that features Patricia Moreno. I did have some Jillian Michaels DVDs, but I didn't like her style so ended up selling them. I also had some Tae Bo but ended up selling them too. Then I discovered Beach Body when P90X became all the rage and purchased quite a number of their workout programs. Around the same time, I discovered Cathe and have most of her DVDs and signed up to OnDemand once I got better internet. I discovered her by googling something like best home workout instructor and Cathe's name came up on the search. The reviews about her were positive and there was mention of her being inducted into the fitness hall of fame, so I purchased a few DVDs (with free worldwide shipping) and never looked back. Cathe's kickboxing workouts are definitely the best out of all the ones I've tried. Out of all the workout programs I own, the only one I have fully completed is Cathe's STS. Cathe's step workouts were the first step workouts I ever did. I love the variety of workouts that Cathe offers, and she is always coming up with something new.
Love your tribute to Cathe.

I have one Jillian - never made it thru it I disliked it so much. It sits on the shelf ... maybe I should donate it, or better yet, toss it & free up a spot..hee hee.

I've been thinking of donating/tossing some yoga dvds I have & never do. But I tell myself that interests change & maybe I'll like them down the road. I did that with Classical Stretch - didn't care for them when I first got them but I appreciate them now that I'm a "senior".

Yep, I think I tossed my Jillian dvds too. Matter of fact, I recently tossed quite a number of dvds, I had & still do have quite a collection. I probably should have taken them to a thrift store or something, but most were in DiscGear cases & I didn’t have artwork, etc.
and I just needed to get rid of some. When you get older, you think about things like that :)

Yep, I think I tossed my Jillian dvds too. Matter of fact, I recently tossed quite a number of dvds, I had & still do have quite a collection. I probably should have taken them to a thrift store or something, but most were in DiscGear cases & I didn’t have artwork, etc.
and I just needed to get rid of some. When you get older, you think about things like that :)
Thanks for the encouragement...maybe tomorrow I'll start a purge ... I have difficulty getting rid of things .. I'll probably keep my VHS step workouts cuz I occasionally put them in - the choreography comes back quickly since I used to do them so much.

Ashaw, goodness, I about remember alll of those! I had tons of Kathy Smith & Denise
Austin workouts.....alot of the Buns of Steel (some had an instructor, Marsha Macro or
something like that--I liked her) Step Reebok, I have most all of The Firm workouts, (old
& newer ones- still have those, FitPrime & Kickbutt which were also put out by Anna
Benson, and I know you all don't do Indoor walking workouts, but I have tons of Leslie
Sansone workouts & some others---always have liked the indoor walk workouts. I have
some Cathe's on VHS still and most all of her dvds, the one I think that I don't
have is The Terminator, or something like that. I have several older Cathe's on VHS
that were never released on dvd- Home Step Workout, and Step n Motion's......

Indeed, it is :)
I do Jessica Smith's walking workouts on Saturdays, followed by a Cathe or Jessica ab workout, followed by a Jessica or Cathe stretch. I do Cathe Monday through Friday (strength and cardio), but on the weekend I recovery in order to be ready for the next week of Cathe. :) I do Essentrics/Classical Stretch along with Tai Chi on Sundays for gentle stretch, relaxation, and mobility. Come Monday, I'm ready for some challenging Cathe again.

I've been thinking of donating/tossing some yoga dvds I have & never do. But I tell myself that interests change & maybe I'll like them down the road. I did that with Classical Stretch - didn't care for them when I first got them but I appreciate them now that I'm a "senior".
Classical Stretch takes some getting used to, that's for sure. I think Miranda gets distracted easier than I do. lol I've gotten used to it, though, and use it (along with Tai Chi) on Sundays. I feel soooo good after doing it and have come to enjoy it. Cathe's my Monday through Friday - challenging workouts instructor. I use Saturday and Sunday for my active recovery.

I used Jessica when I was getting back to working out regularly. I use her stretches/yoga regularly still & her cardio for easier/recovery days too & sometimes a KCM.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.