Rev’d Up Rumble

ashaw

Cathlete
I did Rev’d Up Rumble for the first time this morning and loved it. I did the extreme scrambled premix where you do the Calorie Crush twice and the time flew by. The Calorie Crush was short in time but not intensity. It was a lot of familiar HIIT cardio drill type moves and the kick and punch combos were surprisingly different and I found them challenging because they were different from any other Cathe kickbox I’ve done. But for the first time doing this dvd with not much of a preview, I kept up and worked up a good sweat. I loved everyone’s blue and yellow outfits. And the music was good too.

I enjoy Rev'd Up Rumble too! I usually use 1# handweights to increase the intensity...
Oooooh, that's a great idea. I have some weighted gloves I bought on Amazon that I think are like 2 pounds each. I also have those MMA style gloves that came with my Les Mills Combat set that I've used for Cathe's kickbox workouts.

I have and have done all of Cathe's Kickbox/Boxing workouts that I can recall: Cardio Kicks, KPC, Kick Max, the Shock Cardio MMA's: Fusion, Boxing and Kickbox, Rock'M Sock'M Kickbox (I think that's all of them!) and this was another fun workout to rotate in for variety. There's only so many ways you can do kickbox and once again, Cathe does things in a new and different way in this one. The great thing about my tank top rotation continuation is that I'm trying some of these workouts for the first time and others for the first time in a long time and I have so much variety and flexibility.

For example, I was originally planning to do LITE PHA2 this morning, but for some reason, when I woke up, I thought I want something tougher and I want to go out strong for the end of the week. I decided on Intensity Series Muscle Endurance. That workout certainly doesn't disappoint or leave you walking away thinking you needed a bit more. I didn't even do the abs portion because I've done abs twice this week and I felt such good core engagement from the strength work.

I'm brainstorming about what next week will look like and I'm floating something using the Shoulders, Bi's & Tri's portions of the Gym Style series, Gym Style Legs, Muscle Max, Lower Body Blast for an extra lower body day with the upper body and cardio days to be determined. And, I've only done one day of cardio for the past few weeks and used to think there was no way I could do cardio only once or twice a week, but now with adding in that extra leg day (focusing on cardio and legs together like Cardio Leg Blast, HIIT Circuit Lower Body, etc), I get cardio and legs benefit, plus sometimes my total body day is a total body cardio circuit. But with Muscle Endurance my heart rate was definitely elevated.

Don't forget "Rock-out Knock-out" from the 2013 production! I find PHA2 to have a cardio factor too - increase your weights for a tough workout!
Omg! I forgot Rockout Knockout! I thought I remembered all of Cathe’s kickbox dvds! Thank you! I’ve been meaning to do rockout knockout but have been putting it off. That might be my cardio for next week!

Oooooh, that's a great idea. I have some weighted gloves I bought on Amazon that I think are like 2 pounds each. I also have those MMA style gloves that came with my Les Mills Combat set that I've used for Cathe's kickbox workouts.

I have and have done all of Cathe's Kickbox/Boxing workouts that I can recall: Cardio Kicks, KPC, Kick Max, the Shock Cardio MMA's: Fusion, Boxing and Kickbox, Rock'M Sock'M Kickbox (I think that's all of them!) and this was another fun workout to rotate in for variety. There's only so many ways you can do kickbox and once again, Cathe does things in a new and different way in this one. The great thing about my tank top rotation continuation is that I'm trying some of these workouts for the first time and others for the first time in a long time and I have so much variety and flexibility.

For example, I was originally planning to do LITE PHA2 this morning, but for some reason, when I woke up, I thought I want something tougher and I want to go out strong for the end of the week. I decided on Intensity Series Muscle Endurance. That workout certainly doesn't disappoint or leave you walking away thinking you needed a bit more. I didn't even do the abs portion because I've done abs twice this week and I felt such good core engagement from the strength work.

I'm brainstorming about what next week will look like and I'm floating something using the Shoulders, Bi's & Tri's portions of the Gym Style series, Gym Style Legs, Muscle Max, Lower Body Blast for an extra lower body day with the upper body and cardio days to be determined. And, I've only done one day of cardio for the past few weeks and used to think there was no way I could do cardio only once or twice a week, but now with adding in that extra leg day (focusing on cardio and legs together like Cardio Leg Blast, HIIT Circuit Lower Body, etc), I get cardio and legs benefit, plus sometimes my total body day is a total body cardio circuit. But with Muscle Endurance my heart rate was definitely elevated.

My favourite cathe kickbox workout is the 4 days split. It start really fast but boy it is fun!

The warm is a serious one and I recall cathe asking: "Are you sure this is a warm up?"
I reached out for this segment many time.

My favourite cathe kickbox workout is the 4 days split. It start really fast but boy it is fun!

The warm is a serious one and I recall cathe asking: "Are you sure this is a warm up?"
I reached out for this segment many time.

Thank you too! I forgot about 4DS kickbox! I thought I’d remembered all of Cathe’s kickbox but I just remembered now that Fit Split has a kickbox workout too! Oh and I think that CTX has a kickbox workout as well!

ashaw, i'm breathless reading your text! i lover your enthusiasm!!

KPC is absolutely a classic. I’d love to see a 20th anniversary edition released! I think that was the first Cathe workout I ever did. I still remember the first time I saw a slow and heavy workout on the old fit tv. I was like oooh this is good stuff because until that point (2009), the only weight training I was doing was high rep light weight jari love dvds.

I’m planning this week around the hardcore series. Will iron all that out after I eat lunch!

Hardstrikes is one of my least favorites as well, simply because there is no separate warmup, which was crazy in my opinion…..this is the only one I can think of that’s like that….The warmup/cardio/kickbox chapter is like 30 min long……I do like most of the conditioning exercises in this one…but I can’t make a mix of the warmup, then conditioning exercises & stretch for a 30ish min workout…. didn’t make any sense to me not to have a separate warmup….maybe it was a mis-cue….you can more or less tell where the warmup would end….but it just keeps going on…:)

Easy to do since there are quite a few! I've enjoyed KB workouts since the original Powerstrikes on VHS - maybe around 1999 or 2000?
Powerstrikes? That sounds very familiar. Wasn’t that Ilaria Montagnani (not sure of spelling). I did her workouts a few times and it was weights but almost kettlebell functional type moves. I wasn’t crazy about it and ended up selling it on eBay. But she was crazy ripped fit though.

Powerstrikes? That sounds very familiar. Wasn’t that Ilaria Montagnani (not sure of spelling). I did her workouts a few times and it was weights but almost kettlebell functional type moves. I wasn’t crazy about it and ended up selling it on eBay. But she was crazy ripped fit though.
Yes, Ilaria co-lead with her partner Patricia M (sp) who has since passed away. They were only on VHS & you had to purchase them through them (at least the originals). After they split, they both produced their own workouts on DVD that you could get thru conventional means. My complaint was you did everything on one side, then repeated for the other side & with VHS there was no way around it. Ilaria's continued to use the title Powerstrikes & I have a few of them but I don't care for them as much anymore, as cardio kickbox like Cathe's are more fun. Ilaria's form & physique are both impressive tho. Patricia later produced workouts thru Gaiam.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.