Pikes on the ball....yikes!!

Any horizontal conditioning. Enough already with all the burpees, mountain climbers etc. I can't stand them. lol. Ones with a single arm are my most detested.

ChelePa, I can only get to three of those Ball pikes, so good on you!! Tough stuff.

Last edited:
I've always gone with the theory that the things I hate are probably the things I need the most.

I've learned to like burpees, mountain climbers, push ups and those kinds of body weight moves. The more I do them, the easier they get. The pikes on the stability ball have become easier since I started TRX suspension training.

There are things I don't really like, but they are things we do in our bootcamp so I do them at least twice a day. The Ski Erg is one. I'm not a big an of the slam ball either. We also push the sled... that thing makes my legs scream. Jacob's Ladder is another killer!

Everyone has exercises for which they are anatomically designed to perform well, and exercises which simply will not be possible to do without a serious potential for injury due to anatomical limitations. It's aggravating- most people who work out with Cathe are dedicated to working out seriously, and we quite naturally want to be able to do it all, and do it all well. I believe we do need to at least try each exercise. Most exercises can be mastered through the magic of the brain and muscle memory and sheer hard-won strength. But if after a certain amount of time it feels painful, wrong, or dangerous, I personally stop the movement immediately. Sometimes we can get by with just modifying an exercise, but other times we need to omit the movement entirely. Many of us (count me in!) learn this the hard way, typically through injury, sometimes one that's long-lasting and expensive to treat.

Anything heavily impact centric or that requires a lot of jumping - air jacks - not even happening! Regular jacks it is. High knees, tuck jumps, etc. (I have zero "ups"). I am terrified of donkey kicks or jumping over the step, etc.
I'm the odd bird that actually likes mountain climbers. Burpees a little less, but mostly because I can't keep up with the little people (I'm 5'8", so have more length to move).
I also just hate step aerobics in general, so pretty much don't do it.

inverted shoulder press and the one are burbee. I don't even push myself to do them :)

I don't hate the pike but it is very challenging to me.

Thanks for mentioning Inverted shoulder press:p:):). You have triggered an idea on how to meet
pike demand;);)!! phew very challenging on stabilisers, upper/mainly shoulders.
I do not dislike it LOL it is a wild animal to tame!!!

Toughies for me (and therefore a bit of dread factor) are: pikes on the ball (abs), tuck jumps (cardio), leg presses (glutes) and pull-ups/chin-ups (upper body). I guess I have weaknesses all over the body! :p But these are the moves that give me the greatest sense of satisfaction once they're over!

Through the years, as I exercise I've often thought.....just try it. Way back I would perform ONE rep of something. The next time I would do it twice and so on. It's exactly how I progressed from beginner to intermediate then to advanced workouts. It's how I broke through the NASTY plateau issue! This is especially true for me when it comes to tuck jumps. I don't like them but I will do them. When I do them all.....HELL YES!!! I rocked it.

Through the years, as I exercise I've often thought.....just try it. Way back I would perform ONE rep of something. The next time I would do it twice and so on. It's exactly how I progressed from beginner to intermediate then to advanced workouts. It's how I broke through the NASTY plateau issue! This is especially true for me when it comes to tuck jumps. I don't like them but I will do them. When I do them all.....HELL YES!!! I rocked it.

647b46dcfd8a0f72b37fe4fa3447c473.png
;) fist bump;)

Out of curiosity, I wonder what is causing a dread/discomfort:), for some, executing start jack followed by a tuck jump?:p;);)

This is a genuine question and I would like to know why. I like it:)

Do tell ladies:p

For me it's burpees. But I also dread because I have a hard time doing them is straddle taps on the step and power turning squats on the step. I just can't get my footing right to do them. So I just do them on the floor without the step.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.