Pentagenarians & Beyond: WB 10/25

Traildoggie

Cathlete
Good morning.
I'm forgetting if I posted my workout yesterday m so will just repeat if I did. ran 30 min on treadmill and did chiseled upper body premix. I looked at athletic training while I was running and decided against that one after a run. I can do it but after 30 min of cardio done it would not be pretty.

we want to do a last minute test run of our camper after our repairs so heading for a state park to mt bike and stay overnight. we think everything now works but its been almost 2 years since we've been able to use it, for a dozen reasons. Hope everyone is happy and doing well this morning.
ETA you have mentioned informed mail a couple times now. not sure how that works. do you get notice of incoming packages delivered by the PO? I would like to know about things that won't fit into our mailbox.

BTW my mail in ballot got to the county elections office in very reasonable time. I mailed at PO on Wed afternoon, and it got there and accepted when I checked saturday morning. we can check online by going to the web site, putting in name and BD. it shows if the ballot made it, signature was OK etc. actual counting does not happen yet. I recommend a switch to mail voting.

Last edited:
This morning I did Perfect 30 Upper Body. That is one fast paced, jammed packed workout to get everything covered in 30 minutes. Next time will go smoother since I'll have a better idea of what I need. Followed that with the Yoga workout. I like it better than the earlier yoga ones, good mix of moves. This background set is by far my favorite and I love all the bright colors. Planning to do the lower body one tomorrow, but I think I'm going to use the Workout Blender and ditch some of the dead lifts for the bonus with the band moves because dead lifts are the one thing I try to avoid because they make my lower back cranky and she does them like three times.

Valerie enjoy your overnight camping trip. I hope everything goes smoothly with the camper. And yeah Afterburn, after cardio would be rough.

Was surprised to find yesterday that my DVD's had arrived early. I'll watch them at some point to make sure they are okay, but it's just easier to stream them.

Good morning. My Perfect 30 dvds arrived shortly after I posted yesterday, so this morning I did Mobility Basics. It was 31 minutes and 114 calories burned. Average heart rate was 107 and maximum heart rate was 145. Some of the moves are similar to Ellen Barrett workouts, including the 90/90 that Cathe does. I liked the workout.

Diane Sue, great job with Perfect 30 HiiT on the rebounder, Perfect Pump Upper Body, Pump Extended Stretch, and Mobility Basics. That was quite a workout. Your calories and heart rate definitely seem off with Mobility Basics.

Lori, those high pikes on the rebounder look amazing! I would never try that. I don’t have the bar attached to my Jumpsport since I store it on its side. We use it next to my tower for my husband and if I feel like I need support.

Valerie, nice job with the treadmill and Chiseled Upper Body. Enjoy your overnight camper trip.

Cathy, great job with Perfect 30 Upper Body. I haven’t previewed any of the other workouts yet and that won’t happen today. Today is football, so I can’t get near the DVD player.

Hello to Deb and Judy. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Today I did Perfect 30 Flow: Strength and Flexibility, 102/173?? heart rate, 84 calories, 106 steps. Actually I was still under workout manager calories and this was probably more accurate, than the 31 calories I got on the yoga yesterday for the same amount of time. I entered the Get in Your Zone Challenge on Fitbit, but I doubt I am going to get anywhere with the lousy stats I generally get. Even that Hiit workout yesterday was low.

Valerie, my husband did mail in voting and took his direct to inside the post office too. I on the other hand like the satisfaction of filling out the ballot and sticking it in the machine. I am leaving the grandchildren here doing school work since my husband is here sleeping and my granddaughter is old enough to keep an eye on her brother for awhile. I doubt it will take too long. I find mid morning usually is a good time here for voting. I just hope it is not real cold. Last time they had us wait outside and they only allowed several at a time in due to covid. Another time it was really cold and I was in line outside and they brought out coffee to people to warm up. Still it was only a single line of maybe 25 people. We are expecting freezing rain and some snow this week. I am hoping it is gone by next week as I vote and have an appointment with the arthritis center.
With informed delivery the post office posts the pieces of mail arriving each day. Also packages and you can click on packages and see if they were delivered. One time I saw some mail was not delivered that was on there and there is a button you can click to report you did not get the mail. Sometimes though, they post something and you have to wait a couple of days because it gets put up and is not really out yet. As for the mail missing, they never responded and 6 days later a neighbor bought it over as it had been delivered in their box. They also show a lot of the Amazon packages even when it is being delivered by Amazon. I am not sure why that is.

Cathy, I may do the Lower Body Perfect 30 tomorrow. The upper is pretty thorough and moves pretty fast considering the weights used and everything. I liked it. If my neck had not been bothering me I would have done the shoulders. At least all but the push press. I used to do deadlifts with 110 lb barbell and all the way to the feet. Now I have to be careful so make sure I keep the weights close to my body, keep the knees slightly bent, and I go just to the bottom of my knees. That way I am not stressing my back so much.
There was no mail in my box when I went out yesterday. I know the dvds were at my post office yesterday. I guess I should have went back out and seen if mail came. I will check my informed delivery.

Carolyn, I think my calories are off and heart rate most of the time. I end up feeling very hungry and it says I hardly burned anything. I cannot rely on my stats. I was enjoying going through workouts without interruptions and school yesterday. It is much more fun that way :) . They moves were all moves that I have done before at some point, but I liked the flow and choices. I really liked both of these flow workouts better than the ones from the Low Impact series.

Good evening ladies,

This morning was a 30 min Perspirology bounce followed up with Mobility Basics. I then took GiGi for a 30 minute walk, went to the pool for a bit and walked GiGi again at 5:30. A good workout day!

Valerie, smart to try out the camper to make sure all is in working order. Some of the rebounding workouts I do can be challenging. Of all the bounce streaming sites I use, Perspriology is the toughest. She uses the bar throughout and when I first saw this - wasn’t sure I would like it. I thought I would rely on the bar more and not try as hard....oh so wrong! Love her workouts. The pikes I showed were actually a high pike (straight leg) and a tuck (knees to chest). She usually throws these two in during her workouts and I am right there with her! You feel these moves everywhere.

Carolyn...I liked the mobility workout! Wasn’t sure when I first started but did when I finished. Going to alternate this and the other (strength and flexibility) on Sundays.

Diane Sue...The pikes work for me as a substitute. I stopped doing burpees and squat thrusts when I kept hurting my shoulder. The pikes are intense and still use your arms/shoulders but not as rough. The fit tower would work great for a bar. I used it that way when I first got my 1st Jumpsport. I did put some heavy dumbbells on the base to make it more secure. I am looking forward to the upper body workout. Been a while since I used heavier weights. The heaviest we brought with us is 20lbs. This will be fine for me since it has been a while. The most I have used in a long time is 10lbs. I do more lighter weights/hi reps now a days.

Cathy...can’t wait to try out the upper body. I did preview it and wow she packs a lot in. Oh and the weights she uses!!!! Good to know this yoga is better than previous. I have never been a fan of yoga. I have tried so many times to like it but nope. Have fun using the workout blender! I love creating my own workouts. I buy downloads only...so if there is something in the workout that I do not like...no problem..I remove it!

Judy....have you noticed since Cathe has been doing the workouts alone she really increased her weights in some of the workouts? They always used 15lbs and below, but since she is alone she has gone heavier. I think this is great for a lot of people. Yes I hear you on the distance dance. One day in the pool this lady came up to me rather quickly and I instinctively put both hands up and said ”woa you are way in my space”. She felt bad and apologized. But seriously!!!! Stay away!! We love our apartment and love the grounds..but we are looking forward to having our own space

Hello Deb!!!!

Have a great night all!

Good morning,

Yesterday I did Perfect 30, Perfect Pump Total Body Express, 33 minutes, 161 calories. I liked it a lot, but it was a little strange...with warm up and cool downs. Still a good workout. Today I did Perfect HIIT Low Impact. This one is really good! I still modified somewhat.

Valerie, I hope the camper overnight was without any issues, after all the work you did on it.

Cathy, good job on the Perfect 30 Upper and yoga workouts. I hope the lower body one is as good as the upper!

Carolyn, nice job on Mobility Basics. I have not viewed that one or the yoga one yet.

Diane Sue, I hope your voting experience was good. Voting here is crazy! 4.5 hour wait in some lines on Saturday...we went to one place and saw the line and went home. A little shorter yesterday, due to the Bills playing. I told John we should go during the Bills game but he didn't think it would make a difference.

Lori, Congratulations on the home purchase! nice group of workouts! Yes, I love the heavier weight workouts that Cathe has been doing for LIVE since doing them alone. I see she has also added some moves that are in the Perfect 30 series.

Hi to Judy!

Take care,

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did a Peloton ride then Perfect Pump Upper Body. I like most of the moves. I had to modify a couple that were uncomfortable for me. The weights that Cathe uses are very impressive! It’s nice to have a new heavy weight series. My DVDs are arriving today and I’m looking forward to exploring all the premixes.

Deb-Nice job with the Perfect 30 workouts! I think I will love both of the Perfect HiiT workouts. I’ll take a look at the Perfect Pump Total Body Express premix when my DVDs arrive.

Valerie-Michigan has had “no-reason absentee voting” for the past 2 years. We signed up for it right after the law passed. Now we receive mail in ballots a couple of months prior to every election. We drop them off at the township hall rather than mailing them in. There is a site that we can check and make sure the ballots have been received by the state.

Carolyn-Nice job with Mobility Basics. I liked that one too.

Lori-yes, I’ve noticed that Cathe has been going heavier in her Live workouts. I’ve purchased downloads of almost all of the ones she has done since she has been by herself. Some of these are turning out to be favorites of mine that I plan on doing regularly.

Diane Sue-It sounds like Fitbit is having some accuracy issues. They have a really nice app and interface but then I see all of the complaints and issues on their community forums and I rethink ordering a new one. The Apple Watch lacks the community & friends interaction of Fitbit but I feel like it is more accurate. That’s great that you could do deadlifts with 110 lbs!

Cathy-We did the same workout yesterday. I agree about it going smoother the next time. It is very fast paced and jam packed!

This morning I did Perfect HiiT Low Impact and the Bonus Extended Stretch. That was 37 minutes with 222 calories burned. Average heart rate was 124 and maximum heart rate was 148.

Diane Sue, nice job with Perfect Flow Strength and Flexibility. I also joined that Fitbit Get in Your Zone challenge.

Lori, you do such an amazing job with your rebounder workouts. I am very impressed that you did Mobility Basics! Great job with your workouts yesterday.

Deb, we did the same workout today. I like the Low Impact HiiT and I’m planning to try Perfect Pump Upper tomorrow.

Judy, nice work with Perfect Pump Upper Body and your Peloton ride. I just finished previewing the Upper Body workout and am looking forward to it.

Hello to Cathy and Valerie. Have a wonderful day everyone.

This morning I started with IMAX 3 Intervals only. 34 min bpm 126/171, burned 151 calories. I really wanted to be good and warmed up for doing Perfect 30 Lower Body. I went lighter then Cathe on all the squats because of my lower back. I had set it up in the Workout Blender to skip the first two deadlifts and add the bonus work, but the videos are all mess up fuzzy and jump when you create something right now, so I ended up using the DVD. Ended up being 38 minutes, bmp 106/131 and burned a whopping 89 calories. Finished off with Mobility. The one thing I've maintained over the years is flexibility, but I have two goals with this one, first to keep my leg straight across during pigeon pose, and second to get a flat foot on both sides with the scorpion. One side is quite easy to get flat, the other I can get only my toe. My lower left back, right above that glute is the one that I have issues with on and off, so it's tighter than the other side.

Michigan has a way to track your vote, but we are in a tiny, rural township and our clerk doesn't update it. One of the reasons, I made sure to take our ballots and hand them to her. I've had several times when mail hasn't shown up and I've marked the did not receive and it's shown up the next day.

Diane Sue at least half to three quarters of our Amazon packages are delivered by the PO out here. Amazing the things that they manage to stuff in our mail box, so they don't have to bring it up to the house.

Carolyn you faired a lot better on Mobility Basics than I did with the calorie burn. I got a whole 36. LOL I really feel like overall ALL the calories burned that my Fit Bit gives me are low.

Lori great job on the workout! Those rebounder workouts look like a blast.

Judy good combo with the ride/upper body. There were several exercises in the upper body workout that my back grumbled out. Ones I hadn't done before, so hopefully that improves in the future.

I'm back from our camper test run and all went well. our repair is solid. we are done with that!! so proud of us. we chose not to ride this morning, came back directly. it was cold and cloudy and misting so not conductive to riding in dark forest. yesterday i did body weight and Bands since I did upper body 3 days in a row. I like that one. looking forward to new ones now!.

yes amazing what the postal carrier can squeeze thru the mail slot. I just saw her drive by so will go look see if my disks came today. we have special voter drop boxes but several PO's are closer. WA has done all mail elections for > 10 years now so the bugs have been discovered and fixed. both citizens and government have a steep learning curve this year. we used to pay postage but was dropped a couple years ago. especially with social distancing, I would much rather not stand in line etc but I have mail voted now for so long I barely remember what "in person" was like.
every state does things a little differently especially this year with the sudden need for more absentee voting. . we always have judges, initiatives, and advisory measures on the ballot. 2 full pages of people/things this time. I'm careful about how I vote and leisurely.... with easy ways to check on issues.... is better. its not only simple things like president, governor, congress. I always knew the main issues, it was all the smaller things I could get confused on, or just forgot how I intended to vote.

I didn't like yoga much until I went to classes and only small classes. I need to like the instructor. I didn't like being in a crowded room with 40 people. I have several yoga disks but don't do them often. Lori that rebounder looks like great fun and low impact. . I do more knee push ups and variations on those, and planks, and fewer toes push ups. theres a spot on my shoulder that can get irritated with toe push ups that's fine if I do knee push ups. .

Good evening ladies!

No workout this morning other than walking GiGi for 30mins and then again in the evening. Walking on the fitness trail around the pond there are always ducks and some of them sit in the middle of the trail without a care in the world. GiGi just wants to eat them! Tonight I almost ended up in the pond. I am strong but not strong enough at times when she is going full force. We really need to do something about this.

Deb...that must have been a premix? With downloads you do not get the premixes, that is the disadvantage. I will have to create my own total body. Will let you know how it goes. I will try out the low impact tomorrow.

Judy...yes I agree the weights she uses in this new series is very impressive!! Great that you purchased some of the Live workouts. I previewed the Iron Legs and thinking I may purchase this one. I love she made these available to purchase.

Carolyn...I knew you would be impressed I actually did the mobility workout! Lol! The Perspirology workouts can really challenge me. I discovered this site while I was furloughed this past summer. She did a free instagram workout and I thought it looked fun. I have been hooked ever since.

Valerie...I love band workouts! Glad all is good with the camper. I remember you went to a studio quite regularly for yoga. Did they move? I think they did?? Been meaning to mention you can sign up for Informed Delivery at USPS.com. once you are signed up you will receive an email, each morning, with a picture of every mail item being delivered that day. Also, they let you know of any upcoming packages coming your way and about when you will receive them. It is a great service and it’s free. :)

Cathy...that stinks the workout blender was kind of messed. Sounds like you still got a great workout in. Sometimes my lower back feels deadlifts and I will need to cut them short. Awesome on the flexibility! I was able to track our votes and both have been accounted for.

Hi to Diane Sue!!

Have a great evening all!

Today I did the rest of the Perfect 30 workouts that I have not done. The dvds came today so it probably would have been easier to string together with premixes. I just did some short bonus workouts one at a time. I started with Perfect Pump Lower Body, 35 heart rate 97/144, 679 steps, 92 calories using the same weights as Cathe. I then did Perfect 30 Lower Body Bonus which was floor work, 7 minutes, 6 steps, 7 calories. I stopped here for my grandson's morning class, except zoom was not working. Freezing and power outages. So we did the work via youtube videos from the teacher. Then I did Perfect 30 Hiit Pyramid Bonus done on the step (Cathe says you can do it without a step or modify) 14 minutes, heart rate 111/143, 1,232 steps, added Flow Bonus core, 10 minutes, 15 calories, heart rate 90/103, 62 steps. I finished off with Upper Bonus and Hiit extended stretch, 13 minutes, 16 calories, heart rate 90/103. Total time was 78 minutes, 190 calories, 1979 steps. I did like the workout. It moves quickly. Not much time to write anything down as the breaks are fairly short and you are just moving from one set of a move to a new move. Lousy calorie burn again today for how much time that I spent. Anyway, now I have been through them all I will just mix them in here and there with Kelly and Cathe Live. I felt like I had done the extended Hiit stretch, but it is not in my notes. Maybe both exteneded stretches were the same or I was getting repetition from one of the flow workouts.
Pyramid Hiit had most of it's jumping on to the step at the start of it. Jumping on and off and straddle jumping. Then it was swimmers, also flip turns with one foot on the step. I did not jump off the step every time, I stepped off instead.

Pump Lower Body (lots of deadlifts in these two workouts) high step with 3 risers for some moves
Squats 25's 12 reps
Static Lunges 20# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts 30# dbs 12 reps
pick up squats 40# db 12 reps
elevated lunge right 15# dbs 12 reps
explosive lunges no weights one foot on high step 16 reps
elevated lunge left 15# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts toes elevated 30# dbs 12 reps
heels elevated front squat 15# dbs 12 reps
step ups 15# ds 12 reps right the 12 left
single leg deadlift 30# db 10 reps each
front lunges 15# db 10 each
close grip squat 40# db 12 reps
squat cross over lunges 6 inch step 15# db 10 reps each side
forward leaning glute lunges 15# db 6 inch step 10 each
cossack squat 12# db 12 reps
calf raises 25#dbs 25 reps
calf raises 2 25# dbs 20 reps
calf raises 3 25# dbs 15 reps
BONUS LOWER
hamstring presses 10# dumbbell held behind knee 8 slow then 32 pulses each leg
outer thigh presses tubing
high step glute bridges with tubing

Deb, I guess they must have polling places and things set well here. I have never had to wait any longer than a little over an hour. That was at night and we went with friends and visited while in line and afterward to dinner. More recently we went on a Saturday and it was quite a line, but still 45 minutes. Do they set up local polling places in churches there? When I go to the church around the corner and hit it around 9 am I generally only have one or two people in front of me. It will be more for the presidential election, but I don't expect it to be too bad.
I really like the knew Perfect 30 workouts. I got my dvds today so I will be able to use premixes. I was looking at that Total Body mix. Does she do the weighted warm up for upper, and then lower or something? Just wondering after your thoughts since she does weights for warm up for both. I just finished doing all of the workouts from Perfect 30 today so will mix them in with other things and try out some premixes.

I don't know how all of your states do the ballots that are mailed to you, but here it has to be put in special envelopes and you have to take it and get it notarized. My husband took his around the corner to a postal annex and they do not charge to notarize ballots. We show out voter cards and sign when we vote.

Lori, I just don't care much for down to the floor and back up moves. I wonder how much difference it makes to do workouts like that. I don't mind a few squat thrusts here and there. Funny, when Kelly Coffey took exercise favorites for her your favorite moves, she said she would would not be seen doing burpees. She does squat thrusts though. Sharon Twombly said does not do burpees in her workouts as many people do not do them correctly and she see lots of injuries from doing them. I recently took Gertie for a walk with the grandchildren and the geese were hanging out in a group. She stopped and made her throaty noisy and pointed, but I just pulled her the other direction and told her no and we had not problem. Although I was not going to try to go closer to them. They do not move around here either. They block the road sometimes and could care less if you are wanting them to get out of the way. There are geese and ducks and a swan that I have seen out on the pond. I think Cathy did well with the way she put together the mobility and strength and flexibility workouts. I like them way better than the Yoga Max and other Low Impact series yoga workouts.

Judy, Fitbit does have a lot of problems, but I do like all of the different things that it does. Apple watches are so expensive for what they are. I still wish Fitbit would fix things so they are accurate. It is weird how it sometimes will suddenly do better and then goes back to lousy. I think the reason that it works better after I take it back to factory default is that it has to go back to square one in determining my individual algorithms. After a few days it starts dropping back to where it was before. I do not get it, because how can my heart rate go up and down with resetting to defaults. It should be steady on the heart rate reading either way.

Carolyn, my Fitbit just showed a bit ago that I had 11 minutes toward that challenge. It must have been time spent on the Hiit Pyramid bonus. That was the only cardio today and I know abs, stretching, and the weights were not going to get me anywhere there. I will get in some cardio tomorrow. I was going to go to ladies game day tomorrow. They were just getting ready to get back into it, but then it started sleeting and we have ice stuck on everything. I had to go outside and cover my new hydrangea that I recently planted. It does look like it is getting well established, but I don't want to take a chance with our lows being in the 20's tonight and still freezing tomorrow.

Cathy, I have really had to pry and struggle a few times to get packages crammed into my mail box out. Also, I have been at home and had them leave me a not saying they tried to leave a package which the stuck in the mailbox. They never really tried to deliver that piece of mail. Then I go online to schedule redelivery to my house. It never shows up. This happens a lot and makes me mad. One time I finally called the post office. They got the number off my slip and said they had it there at the post office. Asked me if I still wanted them to deliver it again. I told them to hold it and I would come and get it. After that I had another time and after 5 days I just went to the post office. They are too lazy to go to the door. It really makes me mad. Not only that, I have had them stuff a whole wad of those advertisement cards some company paid for into my mail box. I guess they didn't want to deliver them. I quit calling and complaining because I figured that is why I found some of my mail outside in my planter. We have a community mailbox in our circle here. Not an individual mail box. I pried off ice when I went out today and cleared some of the other boxes for neighbors. They freeze shut. My mail gets wet. Calling did not work on that either. Can you tell I do not like our post office? Amazon drives around those vans of theirs for most deliveries. They have a warehouse here.
Nice work doing I Max 3 intervals and the Perfect Pump workout. It looks like our stats on Pump Lower body is close. I get discomfort for years in the low back on the right, but it right where the hip bone starts. It seems it is worse though when he hip flexors get tight in the front of my hip. I got 31 calories doing mobility basics. I try not to think about the calories and more about what it is doing for my joints and body to make other moves better.

Valerie, we have a whole page and a half of mayor and city council stuff that I started reading over. I always print up a sample ballot ahead of time and fill it out and take it with me when I go vote so I make sure I don't mess up on those things. Plus, sometimes if I am not clear on something I do some research. Sometimes wording can be deceptive. I also like to find an explanation as to the whys and what they really are wanting to do and make sure some other stuff is not sneaking in there.
I limit how many toe push ups I do when my neck and the front of my shoulders are hurting. It just puts too much pressure on them.

Good morning,

Today I did Perfect Pump Lower Body, 32 minutes, 167 calories. This was a tough one! I like that she used some of the moves that she has shown in the newest Live workout. The only think I did not like was how many lunges there were. I am not a fan of lunges, and I especially I don't like using the high step for lunges. We got to vote yesterday, and only had to wait about 50 minutes in line.

Judy, nice job with the ride and Perfect Pump Upper Body. I have that on schedule for Friday. What do you find to be the advantage of purchasing the Live workouts?

Carolyn, funny doing the same workout....I really liked it too. It reminded me of her "Move It" live workout.

Cathy, nice job on the workouts! I am like you with the pigeon pose. I used to be able to get both legs straight back with my front leg at 90 degrees. but no longer. Not sure what the scorpion is? Smart to take your ballots and hand them in.

Valerie, good news on the camper! Did you order the new workouts?

Lori, I can imagine how Gigi must be when going after a duck! It's ingrained in her! Is there a treat that she absolutely loves? One that you can only use on walks to distract her from the ducks etc? Yes, the total body Express was one of the premixes.

Diane Sue, Wow! That was a lot of workouts at one time! We never had to wait at a regular polling place for any elections. Since they instituted early voting with this election, lots of people are using it. They are not using the regular polling places, mostly community centers, and they don't have enough of the machines at any of them.

Take care,

Yes deb I ordered the series. Arrived yesterday afternoon and carrier got them into our mailbox. Too late for me to look yesterday but on tap for today. Congrats on voting. A #1priority.

lori you need to get into obedience class with Gigi. I have no idea what’s available in your area. I went to the “Y” with my dog. No fun to walk with a lunging dog. after I learned in the class, my dog learned to walk on a lead without pulling, sit, stay, come, just basics. not to jump on people or grab food off the table etc. Dogs are smart and want to please. The bigger the dog, the more important. it took a couple months of about a half hour a day . I think it was a weekly class for 6 weeks, something like that, and $25. being in a group of dogs and owners itself taught good social behavior. with in person classes probably not really available now, a good book is probably the next best.

Diane sue requiring mail ballots notarized is a type of voter suppression. we should make it easy for people to vote, not intentionally devise obstacles. but that is the intent... preventing people who might vote the "wrong way" from voting. people in your state should challenge that. ( Get on that right away! LOL ;))many people who cant drive, health issues, older, it makes something that should be easy another barrier. especially this year. a lot of older people would not be able to stand in line outside for an hour or more. I personally think voting should transition to 100% mail. after this year, I think more states will move in that direction. there's a paper trail, no voting machines to be hacked. several states ( OR, WA, CO) have led the way.
we do the same thing, go thru the voters guide and mark or research issues before ballots arrive.

Last edited:
This morning I did Perfect Pump Upper Body+Upper Body Bonus+Extended Stretch. My time was 54 minutes with 237 calories burned. Average heart rate was 113 and maximum heart rate was 173. This was a great workout and my upper body is thoroughly worked! My time is a bit longer than the actual premix since I paused to write down my weights used.

Cathy, great job with IMAX 3 Intervals, Perfect Pump Lower Body, and Mobility Basics. That’s too bad that your workout blender version didn’t work well.

Valerie, Body Weight and Bands is a nice option. That’s great that the camper repair worked. You should be proud of yourselves.

Lori, you should be careful with Gigi. My oldest daughter had a serious shoulder injury from trying to hold her dog back during walks. This was before he was fully trained.

Diane Sue, you really went through the Perfect 30 series quickly. It will much easier to string segments together with the premixes. It turns out that my Fitbit is too old for that Challenge. I am not interested in upgrading my Fitbit yet.

Deb, nice job with Perfect Pump Lower Body.

Waving hello to Judy. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Yesterday I did Live #318, Iron Legs and Yin Yoga. Today I did Perfect HiiT-Low Impact HiiT + Pyramid Cardio HiiT Bonus. I added on the Upper & Lower Body bonuses from Perfect Pump and finished with the Extended Stretch. I really like the Low Impact Hiit and the Pyramid Bonus. The bonuses and stretch were good too. I'm looking forward to trying the High Impact HiiT.

Deb-I am looking forward to trying out the Perfect Pump Lower Body workout too. It sounds like a good one.
I prefer to download the Live workouts that I want to do as streaming does not work very well for me.

Carolyn-Nice job with Perfect HiiT Low Impact and the Bonus Extended Stretch. Our heart rates were very similar for this workout.

Cathy-Great workouts!

Lori-Walking GiGi sounds like quite a workout! Yes, I am so happy that Cathe has her Live workouts available as downloads. I have quite a collection and I'm sure it will continue to grow.

Diane Sue-Great job doing all of the Perfect 30 workouts! You are inspiring me to get through them all this week.

Valerie-I agree that mail in voting is the way to go, especially with the pandemic. There really isn't a reason not to do this.

This morning I did Live Step on it! I really enjoyed that one a lot, even if towards the end Cathe kept losing her spot and making us do jacks. LOL In that one, after each combo, she does them all from the beginning. 49 minutes, bpm 132/158 and burned 246 calories. After that I did a Mobility Stretch premix that is 20 minutes long. When I got up this morning, I didn't think the leg workout had got me yesterday, but by lunch I was really feeling it in my hamstrings, and glute area. And during the mobility stretch, I discovered it got my quads, too.

Our voting site is a small country township hall. I don't know that I've ever waited over an hour, but I have waited outside. Complaining about the cold is a great equalizer, so regardless of who they are voting for everyone is on board with the weather.

Valerie glad everything was okay with your camper. We've had several dogs during the 20+ years we've lived here and it's a good thing we have a very large fenced yard for running because we are lousy dog trainers. We would have tried harder with the last one lab/retriever/shepard mix who was a super sweet dog, but he got car sick. Enjoy the new workouts!

Diane Sue that's a great jump you took into the new workouts! I rarely need to go to the PO, but I've stopped going to the one in town and go to the next town over, which is actually less than 5 minutes further. The Postmaster in ours is just a jerk.

Deb great job on the workout! hmm...let's see if I can explain the scorpion. You lay on your stomach, arms out and take one leg up, and backwards while you twist and try to get it to the floor while keeping your palms on the floor.

Carolyn that's a great calorie burn for an upper body workout!

Judy how did you like Iron Legs? Certainly sounds tough.

Lori walking Gigi sounds like a challenge and a workout.

Tomorrow is my last walk at the zoo till April, and I'm making this one an afternoon trip. Normal time it's only going to be 38. If I go after lunch, it'll be all the way up to 48. :D

Cathy-I love Iron Legs! This is the second time I've done it and I plan on keeping it in my rotation.
It's 42 minutes long and time just flies by.

Today I did Perfect 30 Low Impact Hiit 32 minutes, heart rate 117/154, 144 calories, 2,657 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Step 4 using 2# dumbbells for all but the jacks and I dropped to 1#, 31 minutes, heart rate 120/142, 151 calories, 2,937 steps. I finished off with a Perfect 30 Flow premix yoga strength and flexibility and mobility express #1, took me 37 minutes because I had so many calls and texts this morning (actual time 31 minutes) 48 calories, heart rate 86/105, 156 steps. Total time 1 hour and 40 minutes, 343 calories, 5,731steps.
I had to stop when my ladies group was texting back and forth about who was out of power and trees breaking with the ice. I took texting off of my watch notifications for while I worked out as it messes with the heart rate tracking and it seems to have to find my heart rate all over again. Then I started answering ones from my daughters so, it was a lot of interruptions and Gertie kept wanting to bark when I need her quiet so my husband can sleep. She seemed to think that someone was outside because of branches cracking. Hoping those hanging down do not mess up our new fence we just had put up.
No school today and the teachers were off because of icy roads. I need to call the City and let them know one of my trashcans are missing. I went out last night to bring in the two trashcans and one was set up on the curb and the other was gone. It is not windy, so someone must have taken it.
I went out to check the fence and pulled a few limbs off that have dropped because of the weight of the ice hanging on the leaves. The tree above me started making cracking sounds so I decided to let it go for now. I just worry the new fence will go if one of those two huge trees decides to drop large branches. There are a lot of homes without power right now. My youngest is without power. My other daughter was upset as she had to move limbs to get in her driveway and her willows were all broken and the huge pecan had branches on their roof along with the tree swing had fell when the branches broke.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.