Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 7/23

Good evening ladies,

My head just feels bruised. I am amazed I had no bump! No problem working out today. This morning instead of p90x yoga I did 2 BBS 20 min dance cardios. These can get a little high impact at times but they are so much fun. Tonight was the youtube Rebound Fit workout. Another fun workout. Total for the day was 75 mins / 552 cal. I have been forgetting to add in my steps. Right now I am at 13,676. Must be from the workouts because I pretty much was at my desk all day.

Sounds like we all have smashed our heads at one point! Ouch!

Oh Deb...I hope keegan is feeling better soon. Boy you have had enough already!! Yes I was at work when I bashed my head. I mentioned it to our Risk Management just incase it turned into some thing ugly. You never know. It will be interesting seeing all the Fit Towers set up for Live. One of these days I would like to go on her road trip.

Valerie... good for you liking all cycles of sts. I hated meso 1. Was not enjoyable for me. I mentioned to my son we should do STS after p90x. Told him about it and he said sure! We will see when the time comes. I will only do meso 2 and 3.

Carolyn...great workout today. I have only done cardio slam once. I really need to do it again. Very fustrating with the light. At least you got $50 off. Fingers crossed you will actually get it.

Diane Sue...amazing workout today. Great combinations! GiGi does that too! While bouncing she brings her toys and plops them on the rebounder. I have to now keep her away because one time it was a hard toy and I landed on it and it hurt! Nilla is also banned when I am bouncing too because she will go underneath!! Not safe at all for her. If I am not bouncing then they are welcome to workout with me. :)

Have a great night all!

Lori, I saw that Amy Bento just did a 3rd rebound workout on YouTube. It looks like they had paper plates? My steps did not go up much from my workout today since I spent all afternoon troubleshooting my phone. When I finally gave up and made an appointment I sat and played Candy Land with my grandson. I am not fond of that game. He can play other games and I generally prefer leaving it for the youngest, but that was his pick and quick since there was not much time. I want to get him to play Dizzios. I think he would have fun linking the patterns and colors. A different play on dominoes. I kind of enjoyed the couple of weeks of Mesocycle 1 when I did them recently. I usually just do two and three. I prefer the heavier lower body work for Meso 3 I think. I may change my mind on that too. I just figure if I am trying to build strength the heavier low rep work is what would work the best. All of the plyo work does not do much for my legs that I can see. Do you go barefoot on the rebounder? I always wear shoes. I did step on Gertie's toy a couple of times and it squeaked. Now, her balls are another story.

Today I did Amy Bento Ross Step Challenge Advanced #4 with the power ups, 64 minutes, 411 calories, heart rate average 137/ma 167,5,593 steps. I then did the abs from Amy's Step Challenge 3 abs #1 with a 15# kettlebell, 15 minutes, 61 calories, heart rate 110 avg./138 max, 249 steps. I finished off with Fit Tower Advanced Legs, Glutes, and core time save core + stretch, 18 minutes, 41 calories heart rate 97/126. 258 steps.
Total time 97 minutes, calories burned 513. Steps so far 6,952.
I am going to call AT&T and see if I can find someone besides the tech that deals with the replacement. I have an appointment this afternoon if that does not work out. I checked and August is 1 year since I purchased the original phone.

Hi,

Keegan is a little better, he has started eating some. They are still concerned with the elevation of the pancreas numbers...they are off the charts so its hard to tell if they are improving. The other numbers that were elevated, like his liver have gone down, not to "normal" but at least going in the right direction. He will be staying another night...

Take care,

Today I did FT Total Body. I like doing this workout especially the pull-ups. I haven't done those in a while. My total workout time was 60 minutes with 337 calories burned. Average heart rate was 111 and maximum heart rate was 143.

Deb, I so sorry that you are having such upsetting medical issues with your pets. I hope things get better soon.

Diane Sue, good luck at the AT&T store.

Lori, Cardio Slam is a good cardio workout. I use some of the low impact modifications, but not all. I try to do the regular workout as much as possible. I will take another look at the STS workouts.

Hello to everyone.

Deb-I'm so sorry that Keegan has to stay another night. I agree with Diane Sue, it is a good sign that he is eating.

Good afternoon ladies,

This morning was Legs and Back and Ab Ripper. I chose not to do the Ab Ripper. 2x in a week is enough for me! My son did do it though. This afternoon I started off with Amy Bento's Rebounding workout 2 but stopped when she got to strength moves. I like Barre intervals when I do a SB but I do not like strength moves at all when rebounding. Funny I am like that. I then continued with Amy's Class rebound workout and it also had strength so I then did a Quick Bellicon bounce that I knew had no strength. I continued on with SB's booty bounce and cardio bounce from her dvd. Are you all dizzy from reading this? :)

Deb...your poor doggies and you have been thru so much this week. Poor Keegan not being home with you. Do you visit with him? Some Vets allow and some don't. I had a puppy years ago that needed to stay a couple od nights and they allowed me to visit with her. It comforted me I think more than her.

Diane Sue...Thanks for the heads up with Amys #3. I will check it out. I am going to take all 3 of the workouts and make 1 with no strength. I really liked her fast pace. Some one posted on Cathe's suggestion tab asking if she thought of doing a rebounding workout. I also have wondered is she would ever. Thinking no but a girl can dream! I loved Candy Land as a child and really enjoyed playing with Nicholas when he was young. We now as adults will play dominos every now and then.

Carolyn....FT Total Body is my favorite. I think you would like STS.

Well off to sign into Live so I can watch the Fit Tower workout!!!!

Have a great evening all!!!!!

Lori, I was not really wanting some of the strength work with the kettlebells Amy did on the rebounding workout. I was trying to avoid too much back and shoulder work. I lightened up on some stuff like the renegade rows. Even though they are low rep. Both workout 1 and 2 alternated bouncing and the kettlebells. I don't know how 3 will be. It is the longest one and I just saw a bit of the preview where they were holding what looked like paper plates. Today I just wanted abs and cardio so was careful in my choices. I don't know if Cathe would ever do a rebound workout. I think most that are doing them have a part in some particular company that sells the rebounder. Much like Cathe and the Fit Tower. She doesn't do kettlebell workouts either. But does do some of the moves with a dumbbell. Sometimes I pick up a kettlebell instead of the dumbbell. I always though she might do it.

Deb what causes pancreatitis in dogs? You sure have been overwhelmed with issues this week. both DH and his sister have had pancreatitis and wow, they were sick. bad reaction to a medicine. could it be related to the stress of the attack? whatever... hope both your pups will do well and put this behind .

we did a hike this morning 4 1/2 hours, it was hard. it was very brushy and unpleasant until we decided we'd had enough. we saw a gorgeous black bear very close by. he took a look at us and scaled a huge tree in absolutely leaps and bounds. he was just beautiful. he went up maybe 40 feet in the tree effortlessly, like he was not even working. big jumps 100 % vertically. almost jumping and grabbing on, and shooting up in a few seconds. amazing to watch. we saw him on our way back down, still sitting in the tree on a big branch, just tips of ears and top of head showing. we thought might be a cub too, but didn't see it.

Good morning,

No workout…it is the last thing I think of doing. I am getting so little sleep, with waking up around 2:00 am every night and calling the clinic for an update. We’ll be going there to help feed him around 8:30 this morning. He needs to start getting some food in him. It has to be bland, and he is not too fond of the bland prescription kibble they are giving him. We are taking some boiled chicken and rice to see if he will take that.

Diane Sue, great workouts, and nice that you are keeping track of the steps that you get with them.

Carolyn, Good job! those pull ups in Fit Tower Total Body are tough.

Lori, yes, we are able to visit him anytime, and I call all kinds of hours to get an update. When they tell me they are doing blood work at 1:00 am, I call at 2:00 to get the numbers. They don't mind at all. They are 24/7 care.

Valerie, it must have been amazing seeing that bear go up that tree! From what the vets have said, a pancreatic attack can be caused by something they ate, or a toxin that they got into. They pretty much eliminated the toxin theory, they said that if it was that, he would have bounced back more quickly after starting IV's etc. Maybe diet, not sure. It is the most painful thing that they deal with. They said the same thing goes for people as well.

Hopefully we can bring him home today...he has to be able to be on oral meds, keep them down, and have them work, especially the pain meds....keep your fingers crossed for us!

Take care,

Deb-I'm praying that you get to take Keegan home today. I hope he is feeling better and eating this morning.

Deb, i hope the chicken and rice encourages Keegan to eat and you can take him home. Do they think m a ybe he ate a omething other than his food? Younare so careful with what you feed your dogs. I know Gertie eats odd things outside, even though she is not our alone for long. Yesterday she wouldnt eat, then vomited up an acorn of all things. Late last night she finally decided tomeatvsomeyhin. She just laid around all day and didnt come for her cookie when i came back from AT&T.

Valerie, seeing that bear climb the tree and just sitting there mus have been awesome. I really never pictured them climbing a tree before.

Last edited:
We've seen lots of bears in all our years of hiking. we've seen little cubs shoot up a tree before, but this was an adult. amazing strength and agility!. we were stunned! it was a very pretty bear besides, shiny, glossy, and black. I've seen people climb trees slowly using spiked boots but this was a whole 'nother level! fascinating to see. we could hear his claws going into the bark as he bounded upward. Straight up we were less than 50 yards away. the general area was very brushy, so we didn't see what it was until he got above the brush level as he went up the tree.

Deb hope things settle down. I wonder if dogs get gallstones like people? Is Kylee continuing to improve?

will do an upper body workout today later on. we will ride tomorrow. yesterday was quite a workout. not a well maintained trail so lots of downed trees to climb over. My hip gets sore but it doesn't stay sore. I guess that is the best I can hope for right now.

Today I did Sharon Twombly All Body Attack mix cardio and abs, 49 minutes, 317 calories , 117 avg./162 max heart rate, 3,083 steps. I couldn't figure out why the average heart rate was so low here as there was quite a bit of impact and I felt I was working hard. I then did 4 Day Split Higher Intensity Step, 34 minutes, 218 calories, average heart rate 127/ max 168. 2,855 steps. I finished off with Barre Amped Upper Body Stretch, 13 minutes, 23 calories. Total time was 96 minutes, 558 calories.

Valerie, bears do have some wild looking claws. I can only imagine the sound. It is good that your hip doesn't stay sore. I am sure having it aching when hiking and riding is not pleasant though. I wonder what causes it,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.