Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 4/07/2024

Good morning. I did 18 minutes of yoga today. I looked into those arthritis gloves for my husband in the past but didn’t order them. His problem is circulation and extremely cold hands. I think that I will order some for him to try.

Valerie, I hope that you have a wonderful vacation.

Have a great day everyone.

Been a busy few days. Thursday I shopped so no workout. DH and Derek left for Columbus while I was shopping. Derek got to see the Islanders win and go to the Columbus zoo, so he was a happy guy. That afternoon, I started dragging things out of the utility room and sorting them out. Friday, my cousin, who I haven’t seen in years, was passing through and visiting my parents that morning, so I went down to see him. My brother decided he wanted to go to, and retrieve his corvette that he stores in their garage, so I had to go 20 minutes his way, before going the hour to my parents in the opposite direction. That combined with bad sleep meant no workout that day. Then I spent the afternoon/evening finishing my sorting and piling all the stuff to be donated upstairs. Saturday morning I did 2 of the 3 rounds of STS 2 Giant Sets, and cut off the third when Derek said they were heading home. I still needed to clean and run stuff to donate, and they headed home earlier than I expected. After I dropped things off, I steamed mopped all the floors upstairs, vacuumed up and down and then cleaned the basement bathroom. Finished everything I wanted to do about 20 minutes before they got here. LOL And has DH commented on anything I did. No. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. While I didn’t donate anything that belonged to him, I’m guessing he would have been all “but someday we might need…” on some of the stuff I did. But, the storage area under the stairs is now so much better. Today I had technical issues with my workout. For some reason I got signed out of my OnDemand/Live on the Roku, but not on my laptop which I don’t understand. Yesterday, I re-signed in to OnDemand, but this morning, it would not let me into the Live App, and I know I had the correct password. So, I ended up switching my plan and doing the step from Step, Jump and Pump, plus the low impact floor cardio, then I did a mix I put together of STS 2 core, and when the wifi died right before the last exercise, I tossed in the towel. An hour plus later, it’s still not working, so, I’m typing this up in pages and will copy and paste it when it does decided to work again. Sigh

Valerie have a good trip.

Diane Sue cannabis is legal in Michigan so there are stores all over the place, but I was really surprised to see in the towns we drove through in OK how many there were considering it's a medical only state. More than rivaled places in Michigan for sheer number of locations.

Hopefully starting tomorrow I can get back in the full swing of responding.

Today I did STS 2 Active recovery +Total Body Stretch. I did a couple of modifiers on Active recovery. I just wanted to get in some movement. I am not so in love with the animal thing and did the lunge instead of the down on knees stand up and out thing.

Carolyn, nice that you got in your yoga this morning.

Cathy, it sounds like you have had some busy days going on. That is to bad the workouts were not working right and the internet went out. I swear there is a cannibus place on most corners and you even see them in small towns. It is supposed to be medical. I did not vote yes on it. China is buying up land here and growing it. Some of those places are open 24 hours.

Today I did Jessica Smith’s 30 Minute Fat Blaster which was 30 minutes, 226 calories burned, average heart rate 136 and maximum heart rate 163. I had a phone appointment at 10:30 so I needed to keep my workout short. It seems that most of us will see some portion of the eclipse this afternoon. Diane Sue, judging from the maps, you might be just outside of the path of totality. I didn‘t think to get eclipse glasses so we will watch from inside.

Cathy, you definitely had a busy few days. Experiencing technical problems with streaming on top of everything else must have been very frustrating.

Diane Sue, good job with Active Recovery and Total Body Stretch. I don’t care for the animal moves in Active Recovery either. I avoid it for that reason.

Hello to Judy and Valerie.

This morning, I did Raw Heavy Bag Heavy Weights, 39 minutes, heart rate 112/158, 162 calories followed by Raw TBTS strength abs, 16 minutes, 43 calories. I ended with CDorner day 8 mobility challenge full body, 14 minutes, 18 calories. Total time 69 minutes, 223 calories. I did not use my heavy bag because I think it would have added to my wrist problem. I just did shadow boxing. Not a lot of lower body in the weights, just two sets of deadlifts and two sets of hip raises with a barbell. Both were doable.

Carolyn, nice work on Jessica Smith's 30 minute fat blaster. We do not have the glasses. I forgot about the eclipse and thought a storm must be coming since it got so dark. My husband reminded me when he got up and was watching the crowd viewing the eclipse from the stadium. It did get pretty dark. Not dark light late night dark. Every time do the active recovery I forget the animal move, the push up around the clock, inch worm, and I guess most of the moves I do not like or hurt something.

Today I did STS 2 Tri Sets Total Body. One more total body workout and then I move on to the weeks with the upper and lower body ones. It was a beautiful day here today with a temp around 70, so I got out and walked a lot.

Diane Sue nice job with STS 2 Active recovery +Total Body Stretch, Raw Heavy Bag Heavy Weights, Raw TBTS strength abs and mobility challenge full body.

Carolyn great job with Jessica Smith’s 30 Minute Fat Blaster.

Today I did ICE Bootcamp Circuit for 48 minutes and 316 calories burned. My average heart rate was 131 and maximum heart rate was 181.

Diane Sue, nice job with Raw Heavy Bag Heavy Weights, Raw TBTS Strength Abs, and CDorner Mobility.

Cathy, great job with STS 2 Trisets Total Body. Are you doing the STS 2 rotation again?

Hello to Judy and Valerie.

This morning when I finished breakfast it was sunny and already 60 and I really didn't feel like going back downstairs to do cardio, so I went out and walked the paths for 1/2 and hour and then I did STS 2 Mat Yoga.

Carolyn great job with ICE Bootcamp Circuit. Yes, I'm doing STS 2 again. 12 week rotation, but I'm still thinking about how I want to do it once I get to the single body part workouts. In the rotation, they don't hit every body part each week and I just dont' like that, as it really doesn't work for me.

Sunday I did a 30 minute Peloton ride before work. Yesterday I did 45 minutes of rowing and today I did Muscle Meltdown Triceps, 4 rounds and 20 minutes of Peloton Legs & Glutes. We had the final walk through with the contractor for our bath remodel. We are very happy with everything and there are only a couple of minor issues they need to come back to work on.

Carolyn-Great job with Yoga, Jessica Smith’s 30 Minute Fat Blaster and ICE Bootcamp Circuit. We were in the 99% totality zone for the eclipse. We had the glasses so we watched it with some of our neighbors. It got dark enough for our street lights to come on and it got cooler for a few minutes.

Cathy- You were very busy last week! I hope you get back into On Demand soon. Great job with STS 2 Giant Sets, the step from Step, Jump and Pump, low impact floor cardio, STS Core mix, STS 2 Tri Sets Total Body, walking and STS 2 Mat Yoga. You are making me want try STS 2 again.

Diane Sue-Great job with STS 2 Active recovery +Total Body Stretch, Raw Heavy Bag Heavy Weights, Raw TBTS strength abs, and CDorner day 8 mobility challenge full body.

Hi to Valerie

Today I started with CDorner Basic step, #37 and stopped at 10 minutes because I was staying at 98 heart rate and bored with it so moved on to Step # 341 which was 21 minutes, so total 31 minutes, heart rate 118/153, 147 calories. I then did Raw Boxing finisher 17 minutes, heart rate 105/120, 68 calories. I finished off with STS 2 Mat Yoga, 23 minutes, 40 calories. Total time was 71 minutes, 255 calories, 3,652 steps.
I did fine with the step and did some on the floor. Hopefully tomorrow I get in some sort of weight work as Thursday I will be getting up early for my arthritis appointment so no workout. I did CDorner's mobility workout she put up today this evening. It was more mobility and working through moves. A lot of on knees and checking to see if you can get in yogi squat better. I pile my mats for kneeling. Some was uncomfortable so I just did something else. There is some good moves in there. The last I could not do as she crossed her legs and got up off the floor turned clear around to have the legs crossed the other way and sat back down. Nope, not happening. This was 28 minutes, 54 calories. Not so relaxing before bed. My Garmin was so low on heart rate today. I kept messing with it and tried rebooting it between the start up cardio and the other one. When I was all finished it popped up an update :rolleyes: .

Cathy, good job on STS 2 Trisets total body yesterday and getting out for a walk today. The weather had been really nice hear the last few days. We had one heavy rain shower that did not last long. I have been getting some yard clean up done since it is so nice.

Carolyn, nice job on Ice Bootcamp Circuit today.

Judy, nice job on Sunday's 30 minute Peloton ride, yesterday's 45 minute of rowing, and today's muscle meltdown 4 sets triceps and 20 minute Peloton Legs and Glutes. I am sure that you will enjoy the bath remodel.

Today I did KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix workout one, 26 minutes, 186 calories burned, 132 average heart rate, and 156 maximum heart rate.

Cathy, it’s great that you had pleasant weather and could walk outside for your cardio.

Judy, great job with the Peloton ride, rowing, and Muscle Meltdown Triceps.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDorner step, Raw Boxing Finisher, and CDorner Mobility.

Hello to Valerie. Have a nice day everyone.

My Garmin is still giving really low readings today. I was hoping the update fixed it. I did Raw Upper Body & Abs, 34 minutes, 93 calories, heart rate 94/125. I then did TBTS Intervals 14 minutes, 113/143, 62 calories. I finished with CDorner Day 6 Morning Mobility 12 minutes, 25 calories. Total time was 60 minutes, 180 calories.

Carolyn, nice work on KCM Cardio Quick Fix workout 1 today.

This morning I did STS 2 Upper Body 1, timesaver. My time was 55 minutes with 132 calories burned. My average heart rate was 98 and maximum heart rate was 129. Such low data for a workout that feels like I’m working much harder.

Diane Sue, I’m sorry that the Garmin isn’t giving you accurate readings. Nice job with Raw Upper Body & Abs, TBTS Intervals, and CDorner Mobility.

Hello to Cathy, Judy, and Valerie.

Well no workout yesterday as I didn't sleep well. Normally, I can still get a workout in, but just wasn't up to it. I was supposed to do STS 2 Super Sets Total Body and I even had everything set up. I just left it set up and when I woke up this morning I did the 2 round premix of that and then went shopping. It's turned rainy here and it's supposed be that way again tomorrow. My sister and dog arrived at their place in NC last night around 7, and an hour later she luckily looked out before opening the door because there was a black bear just strolling up the drive and down the sidewalk. She sent us their nest video of it. She made sure Dekes didn't see it because while he considers most animals his friends, he loses his mind when he sees a bear.

Carolyn great job with KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix and STS 2 Upper Body 1.

Diane Sue nice job with the step, boxing and yoga. I currently have a FitBit Inspire and I actually feel it has the most accurate readings of any I've had. Also, has made me realize that I really haven't needed move expensive ones because I rarely used the other features.

Judy great job with the Peloton workouts. I'm sure you're happy to have your remodel finished.

This morning I did STS 2 Lower Body 1 express. My time was 44 minutes with 146 calories burned. Average heart rate was 107 and maximum heart rate was 131.

Cathy, great job working in STS 2 Supersets Total Body before shopping. That’s amazing about the bear at your sister’s NC home. It’s a good thing that the dog wasn’t outside.

Hello to Judy, Diane Sue, and Valerie.

This morning I did yesterday's live Rock'm Shock'm Kickbox. For me I think I'd put this in a light day category. It's mostly drills, slows down about 2/3's of the way through to do some leg stretching, gloves off at that point and then some kicking drills, gloves back on for a combo that she mentions is also acting as a cool down. 42 minutes total. It's a decent, easy workout for days you want that. Rainy hear again and we are in a wind warning until the middle of the night. So far the winds aren't real bad hear and hoping it stays that way. Started working on my next 3 weeks rotation for STS 2. It's the upper/lower body workouts, and I did that part but need to add cardio, core and stretches. Our internet is being glitchy and very selective as to what it will load and what it won't. I was surprised this site actually loaded for me, because while it worked fine for my workout, it went really slow shortly after.

Carolyn great job with STS 2 Lower Body 1 Express.

Hi Diane Sue, Judy and Valerie.

Wednesday I did a 45 minute Peloton ride and 45 minutes of Yin Yoga. Yesterday I worked 6 hours. Today I did STS 2.0 Upper Body 1 and a 45 minute Restorative Yoga class.

Diane Sue-Great job with CDorner Step, Raw Boxing finisher, STS 2 Mat Yoga, Raw Upper Body & Abs, TBTS Intervals and CDorner Day 6 Morning Mobility. I’m sorry about your Garmin. I hope your arthritis appointment went well.

Carolyn-Great job with KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix workout one, STS 2 Upper Body 1, timesaver and STS 2 Lower Body 1 express.

Cathy- Great job with STS 2 Super Sets Total Body and live Rock'm Shock'm Kickbox. It has been very windy and rainy here this afternoon.

Hi to Valerie

Today I did CDorner Aerobics Cardio all standing high or low impact, 47 minutes, heart rate 141/184, 278 calories, 4,447 steps. I finished off with CDorner Deep Stretch Full Body 27 minutes, 44 calories. Total time was 74 minutes, 322 calories. My Garmin seems to have picked up some. I am not so sure about the 184 heart rate as I did the low impact moves. The stretch was all deep stretching that was held long and focused on stress areas like hips and neck.
My arthritis doctor gave me a steroid injection yesterday since the fall on my knee has caused a flare up. His only comment on the bone spurs was that was osteoarthritis. We had a nice time with family waiting for our new great grandson. Went out for dinner with one of my granddaughters and her husband. I did not work out yesterday as I had to leave early for the doctor appointment.

Carolyn, nice work on STS 2 Upper Body 1, timesaver and today's STS 2 Lower body express. I do not know what is up with these devices. My Withings scale finally quit telling me I had 5-7 % Bodyfat. I knew that was not correct never had been and is not a healthy thing. It went back up to the normal percentage. I tried resetting it and everything. It just finally seemed to fix itself as the only other thing I did at the last is go into settings and remake the list of categories I wanted on the scale.

Cathy, your sister is lucky and good thing Dekes did not know about the bear. I like Rock'm sock'm kickbox. I have not done it in a long time though. I have 2 Fitbit watches in the closet. They never seemed to work right. I use the features on my Garmin. I keep my cell phone volume low and my watch lets me know if there is someone at the door, time to take medicine, phone calls etc.. My watch is set to vibrate. I have it set to not bother me during sleeping hours unless it is family, that would not be calling or texting then anyway. If they did it would be important. I hate noise and it keeps my dog from hearing the doorbell and barking.

Judy, good job on Wednesday's 45 minute Peloton ride and 45 minutes of Yin Yoga. and today's STS 2.0 Upper Body 1 and a 45 minute restorative Yoga class.

Today I did STS 2 Upper Body 1. We have sunshine and a bit breezy today. After the wind yesterday there were a lot of power outages and the power company looped us into their map, since for some reason they've started looping our grid in with the one NW of us. Glad we're not in it because they still haven't determined the cause yet.

Judy great job with the Peloton ride and yoga, and STS 2 Upper Body 1 and restorative yoga. Are you doing an STS 2 rotation?

Diane Sue nice job with the CDorner Aerobics Cardio and full body stretch. I hope the steroid injection helps. My FitBit Inspire vibrates for texts and calls, logs workout data, sleep and I use it as a timer/alarm. I've discovered those are really the only things I need.

Hi Carolyn and Valerie.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.