Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 1/15

Good evening ladies...

This morning was SB Lower Body Targets. I love the hamstrings on the ball in this workout. My hamstrings are working hard in this one! I followed up with SB Int. Adv Bounce workout. Workout was about 40 minutes and 235 calories. More than what I had anticipated.

Deb...hoping you find out what is going on and are able to move forward. I am going to start watching Good Behavior. It has Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary) from Downton Abbey and she plays a completely different character! It looks really good.

Valerie...we are so thankful it was caught early. The doctors really thought he had a hernia and they found the tumor completely by accident. I gain weight very easily but still can take it off quickly too. I do not use my fit points either.

Diane Sue...very nice how your family celebrates everyone's bday. Very sweet. The SB workout I did today is the one where you are really using the barre as a supported barre. The second barre interval gets me the most. Itnis the seated chair. I have yet to be able to do this without taking a quick break. So hard!

Judy...glad you like the Metabolism one. I am looking forward to it!

Carolyn...whenever I travel, be it by car or plane, I need to rest a couple of days. Amazing what traveling does to your system.

Have a great night all!

I usually take the next day off after we return from a trip. I'm tired. spend the day getting things put back in place, getting mail, wash, picking up groceries but skip workouts. always work out the day before leaving and a lot of our trips are not sedentary like this one was.

we tried to road ride today but even though it was 42 degrees there was black ice on the trail.. we noticed it in the first hundred yards and carefully got off and walked back. went home and had an early lunch and then went mt biking instead. all the snow is gone from that area. rode for 2 hours with some big hills. walked short sections of closed trail. conditions were better than earlier in the season when trails were officially open. wanted to make a loop and ended up at 2 hours and about 7 miles.

Good morning,

No workout yesterday. I ended up staying home because I had forgotten that the heating people were coming for the free annual furnace check up. They don't give you a particular time, only say they will be there between 9-1. The results of the scan showed nothing wrong.

Valerie, so sorry about your friend. I tried watching The Wire and had real problems understanding it. I think that was before I knew I could use close captioned on the iPad. I never tried again though. Which premix has the 3 exercises in a row that was mentioned?

Carolyn, that sometimes happens, good to just take a rest day.

Diane Sue, that is great that you have the grand kids over like you do. These are the things they remember when they get older. I agree that we have to take a big role in our health.

Lori, good workouts! I wanted to watch Good Behavior but its not offered on Prime. :(. So great that they found your brother's tumor early. I had the same situation happen, I found swelling, called my OB/GYN, he had me in the same day, sent me immediately to a surgeon and I had surgery a day or two later...it ended up being a hernia. They were really thinking it was something more serious. I guess it is not common for a woman to have that type of hernia.

Agility class this morning, then a play at one of our local theaters, where we have season's tickets this afternoon.

Take care,

Good Morning,
Today I did KCM's Lean Body Circuits. It was good workout and just enough since I have not felt very energetic for the past few days. I think Judy mentioned this one recently which reminded me that I have it. We have stormy, rainy weather today so it will be inside activities for me.

Valerie do you include healthy oils/fats in your diet?

Deb I think all of Ramped Up is 2 sets of 3 exercises in a row, that work the same area. I did most of the main workout early this week and did a premix a couple weeks ago. for me, 3 in a row means backing off on weight. this is where cathe starts single arm rows with 35's. when I saw what followed, I went to 25's and was fine. tired by the end of the third set. I'd rather lighten up a little and finish everything, than burn out before the 3rd exercise.

I am liking The Wire so far, although it is a little dated now. the language is well loaded with f bombs but I can ignore as long as there is some content there. Lots of good people. I am sure I missed 90% of it the first time through but I KNEW I was missing it and could not understand the dialogue. this is like The Sopranos was for me. you need subtitles or cc. I'm good at glancing to the captions if I miss a word or phrase. we are also re-watching House of Cards. also better the second time. all the manipulations and maneuvering Frank and Claire do, its sometimes hard to follow.

I'm proud of our ride yesterday. we rode pretty hard and it's been a couple months since we could get to the hilly roads. they close the trails during the rainy season. we ride only the roads. there are connector trails open to walking & horses all the time,so we walked our bikes thru and made a big loop. about 7-8 miles total. this is where regular spinning has made a big difference for me. For my WW "activity" I decided to call mountain biking "spinning" because it's more like spin than road riding. got a lot of points for 2 hours. they have spinning and cycling as categories.

Lori I jotted down good behavior as a program to look for streaming.
Judy hope your break has let your neck shoulder area settle down.
Carolyn, I am working at making fish more often. its easier to keep within points with fish. I repeated a vegie dish. roasted brussel sprouts with a pear. I really like this combo. I could not get DH to eat turnips but he likes sprouts. I love salty/sweet combos. I might have posted once before, but will repeat if anyone is interested. also half a sweet potato. I also skipped the snack during the ride.
ETA Carolyn we posted at the same time. olive oil mostly, measured . I use nuts somewhere every day, counted or measured. love avocados, but same way, measured.

Last edited:
Today I did 4 Day Spit lower impact step mix, 37 minutes, 252 calories. I followed this with Lean Legs and Abs no core timesaver mix 2 no core, 34 minutes, 132 calories. total time 76 minutes, calories burned 384.

Lori, that SB workout sounds like a good one. I like doing lower work with the stability ball as well. That is really great that they found your brothers tumor early.

Deb, I guess that is a good thing that the ct scan did not show anything. I wish you could find what will help. There has to be something. I have been lucky to have my grandchildren near and have a part in their lives. Enjoy the play this afternoon.

Carolyn, Lean Body Circuits was a good choice. A way to get in a bit of everything.

Valerie, glad you were able to enjoy your ride. I have seen a lot of recipes lately using sprouts.

I need to get this cake iced and decorated.

Hi Everyone,

My rest week is going pretty well. My neck/shoulder is better already and much of the minor joint pain/soreness that I had is gone too. I feel like I really needed a break. I have been doing short Jessica Smith walks and stretching but nothing else.

Deb-it's good that your ct scan came back clear.

Valerie-I'd be interested in the brussels sprout/pear recipe. I might be able to get Chris to try that. I'm sure I would like it.

Carolyn-Lean Body Circuits is a really good one.

Diane Sue-Great workouts as always!

Lori-I'll have to check out Good Behavior. I liked Michelle Dockery in DA.

Judy this is a link.
http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/roasted-pear-and-cranberry-brussels-sprouts/

I made half the recipe for us two. I used a bosc pear that was unpeeled, firm and cut it into 8 pieces. a ripe pear would not need 30 min. I made it at 425-435degrees, not 450. same time, 30 min. ( my oven incinerates things at 450) I skipped cranberries. I don't like them much, tried this before and liked better without them. I went way light on the honey, and used a squeeze of lemon. I really like this recipe and it's pretty WW friendly. I had it with some baked fish and a green salad. felt so virtuous.

Deb, good your scan is clear. what is the next plan? the way docs usually do is they start with a "list" of all the things that can cause a particular problem. they rule out one thing at a time. whatever is left on the list is most likely the cause.
did a garden day today, no workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.