Low Carbers and Friends - Nov & Dec 2011

You know us way too well. And look at you....new thread before the day is done!

I did S&H tri and biceps today, skipped the abs because of time. Can I say....hmmm...whobbly arms at the moment. I actually had some arm tremors holding my arm up to the mouse at the computer. I guess I got them good.

I remembered yesterday it was close to the end of October - and knew there was a chance today I just might not remember that :p! Especially not after we get bombarded by downtown trick-or-treaters this afternoon!

Yup - you can definitely say that :D! Been there and had that sensation myself with those workouts!

And boy am I sore today! Biceps not so much, but the triceps....oof. I like the workout though. It is rather funny how much lighter you have to go with that slow of a count!

Rhea - Yup, that's how it gets me. I very rarely have DOMS in my biceps other than when I feel like I've actually strained them in an unpleasant manner :confused:.... Oh yes - much more muscle recruitment and a lot less momentum ;).

Hi babes! Thank you for starting the holiday thread Lita!

I hear you on the caffeine Rhea! I was buzzzzzzing today for sure! Loving caffeine too much as well as the whine, er, I mean wine! :p And DH is NO help at all when it comes to the wining. He often pours me a glass when I haven't even requested it. :eek: :rolleyes:

Melinda, that is so awesome your son can travel with your dad! My dad is coming to Portland for T-Day so we'll be heading there and he'll also come up to see our new place. We won't be moved in yet BUT the sheetrock will be in (they started this week) and we have to get it all primed and painted in 4 days. I've already booked BB to be at daycare those days! 11/15-11/18. And if any of you want to help, come on over! :D

Fortunately, there will only be windows and doors to worry about--there will be no trim or floors in so we can be a little sloppy with the paint....

Hope you enjoyed the trick or treaters Lita--we got 1 kid this year, 1! The others hopped in cars and went to better neighborhoods. :)

Workouts were kinda sporadic this week, lots going on. Work is still crazy--hence the caffeine and wine I think--and found out today after 8 hours of training that I have to go to court for 2 days in Vancouver Mon. and Tues. I came very close to tears for the first time. Got better when my attorney told me to take a deep breath. :cool: Stayed late and assigned probably 25 cases. Feel better now and won't come back to a disaster of an inbox. :D

Been thinking about saving money for something special for my 50th birthday--lipo for my tummy. Seriously! Gotta get motivated to lose a few pounds on my own first though. The eating has been OK, not horrible, but the wine is a different story.

Have an awesome weekend fit babes!

Forgot to mention babes that I like Turbo Barre, it's great for days I'm not up to super intense sweaty fun. :) The leg work at the Barre gets my upper hips every time and the abs, like Melinda said, are a good challenge.

Lita, thanks for starting the thread. Good to combine the last 2 months, I know I'm definitely not on here as much as I was in the past. This is our second year we gave up on trick or treat. We get less than 10 kids and I just don't want to bother getting candy. So we go to my parents a few blocks away and they have sidewalks so get more kids. We actually also had the big "Sandy" storm, so was cold and rainy, not many kids came out.

My son and dad left DC a day before the storm came in, I was happy to see them home.

Rhea, I am going to get the bodybugg for Christmas, put in the official request to santa! I did Turbo Barre last Fri because I'm on my down week between meso 2 & 3. Those sit ups with the elbow on the floor do me in. Anyone else try those and what do you think?

Tracy, exciting news about your dad coming to visit and the sheet rock. Why do you need to go to Vancouver? OK, I may sound dumb, but isn't that in Canada? I hope it all goes well.

Have a good week everyone. I can't believe it's less than 3 weeks until Thanksgiving.

Tracy - Great to see you :cool:!!! Why do you have to go to court :confused:????? Thanks for the offer to help paint but I think I'll pass ;)! As for trick-or-treaters, we went through about $375 of candy so - there were one or two downtown :p....
PS - I thought about laser surgery, very seriously! But then we needed so much work for the house this year that I just can't swing it for many years to come. My one concern was that you rid fat from one area and sometimes you just get more in others. Besides, I have fat I need to lose EVERYWHERE so I would be really torn between stomach/thighs and arms/back...sigh.... But if I ever do anything like that for myself, this will be it!

Melinda - I'm glad your dad & son got home before Sandy hit! I'm also very glad you guys survived okay. So much devastation back there :(....

Rhea - Are you still handing out candy :eek:???????? Where are you?????

Last edited:
Heck no, no trick or treaters at my house. I haven't had any for about 10 years. It helps to live in the very rural country. LOL
I was hiding at home. Yep, took another day off. I don't get to the computer much when I'm home. Too busy running around getting the house clean so I could play with my crafty stuff all weeked. :) (not that I got to a whole lot, but I still played)

Bodybugg request for Christmas is awesome! I hope Santa is good and follows the list and requests.

Tracy - since you have no worries about floor paint spills (I know, it is awesome) I would suggest that for the primer coat (and sometimes you need two coats of primer, that sheetrock soaks it up) you spray. Goes three/four times as fast. We primed the entire house in about two days (with a double coat on some things like the ceiling, we did not repaint the ceilings with a color, we used the white colored primer) Of course, all the rest of the walls had to be hand done with the color, but it goes pretty fast. Oh, and it you do spray, you do need to "back roll". Just a few thoughts from the peanut gallery that's been there!

FWIW ;), I tried Cross Fire and To The Max. I think for cardio purposes, they're good workouts. Of course, I had to modify - I'm sure if you can do all the leaping and bounding, they're killer and have far more impact on the legs. However, I think I prefer After Burn from the original series - there is at least a modicum of weight work there if you think in terms of functional fitness. In the new workouts, there's very little upper (the majority of what there is consists of shoulder work) and just a bit of lower if you can take the impact. But that's just MHO :D! However, having said that, if I'm ever in the mood for cardio :p I would probably pick one of them.

Those are tough cardios! They wear me out. Of course I go 500% most of the way through and then totally collapse at the end. I haven't done them for a while though.

I did LI trisets for the legs on Monday and I'm still sore! Got me good. I was going to get up and do the upper body, but I just couldn't this morning. Only one half of the body needs to have lactic acid at a time, not the full! LOL At least that is my excuse for now.

Rhea - They worked me just fine w/ the low impact modifications I did, thank you very much :p! I don't honestly think I could do the regular version even if my joints let me :eek:! I did LI Upper Tris Monday but just didn't feel like it was doing anything... However, having said that, I know I need to do more "functional" training than all the traditional lifting I've been doing... sigh.... :(....

Well, I'm glad I didn't get the cross fire and to the max. I think I've got enough cardio for now. I've been doing the HIIT 30 min cardio when I need a quick workout and it really does a number on my legs. I am looking forward to the new series, would be nice to get at Christmas. I am working on week 1 of meso 3, so it will take me to the end of Nov then I could be ready to go with the new workouts. I have not looked to see when they come out, I'm just talking off the top of my head.

Can't believe Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away, WOW.

Melinda - I kinda regret it too but there's so many premixes for LI cardio that I figure it's (hopefully) going to end up worth having gotten them at the presale price. I know - I can't believe we're almost in mid-November :eek:!

Hi babes! I helped with a case that went to trial for work. :) And we won too! The Vancouver I went to is in WA state, just over the bridge from Portland, OR. That Vancouver was in existence before Canada's Vancouver!

I'm glad your son and father got home safe too Melinda--whew! I have done the Turbo Barre abs and they are QUITE the challenge! I've managed to do the elbow move and it is hard!!

Thank you for the painting tips Rhea! We are going to spray paint the ceilings and roll the walls (we only have one sprayer and 3 people). And I won't be getting any trick or treaters at our new place....

Lita, I haven't tried To the Max or Crossfire, but I want to! I just can't do that kind of sweatfest at work if I want to be somewhat presentable afterwards! :p You know, places that do laser stuff usually have payment plans. :D

The LI Tri-sets usually git me good and I like them. They are rotated in quite a bit. Haven't worked out since last Thurs. so I did Push/Pull today and took BB for a run after work since it wasn't raining. I imagine I'll be feeling all of it tomorrow! :eek:

Tracy - Congrats on your case :D :cool:!!!!! I can guarantee that you'd be sweating ;). Even *I* worked up a sweat which is VERY rare this time of year AND that's at a lower impact version of the workouts, too :eek:!

Rhea - Are you to get that cold front this weekend? If so, stay inside and read a book :D! Oh heck - do that anyway :cool:.

Melinda - How is school going? Do you get a Thanksgiving break? After revisiting the LIS series Afterburn & Athletic Training, I may sell those 2 new ones. I far prefer the old two that use weights to keep the heart rate up ;).

Tracy - How goes all your various and assundry jobs :)?

Happy Thanksgiving, all :D! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. I am on vacation next week so I will see you all come December :cool:.

Hi babes! I just popped on to wish you a Happy and safe Thanksgiving!! Have an awesome week off Lita! That means staying inside and reading, like you told Rhea to do. :D

The interior of the house is painted and I am thankful, truly thankful, that that part is over! I doubt we were as efficient as Rhea was on that job. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.