Low Carbers and Friends - 3rd quarter 2015

Wahoo! That's great, Melinda! See, He was pleased that you did as He asked, not as you felt :cool:!!!! I'll go check it out now - thanks :D!

Okay - I only got the 30 billion but it IS the over 50 formula :p....

Last edited:
OK, update on the probiotics. I have given them to my dad in desperation. Not sure if I have told you all, but he has had chronic, severe diarrhea for over 3 years now. He has lost so much wt. They've done all kinds of tests, no cancer. End result on reports "poor absorption". No duh! He now weighs 139#, he used to weigh 180. So I gave him the probiotics for 9 days now. He only had one "episode" during that time and is starting to perk up, more alert and more energy. He and my mom went to his GI doctor for a check up and told him about it. He was very interested and wants my dad to call in with results in a month. On one side, this is awesome that the doc is so interested, on another, WHY wouldn't he ever think about probiotics?

Oh, I also found out that your gut makes 95% of the seratonin in your body, so if it's not functioning properly, that can be part of why you feel bad. Probiotics can help in this.

Anyways, I had to share this.

Melinda - That is fantastic :D :D :D!!!!!!!!!!!! As for WHY - doc are (in my experience) VERY hesitant to trust OTC and "natural" remedies. However, there has been a LOT of study and research on probiotics so they'll catch up - in about 5 or 10 years :p! Anyway, am THRILLED for your dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey, everyone, just checking in. Did I tell you all that we joined the new neighborhood rec center. I am trying to increase my wts using the machines as I could only lift so heavy because I couldn't manage much more. The machines are making it safer. I'm just wanting to hit some muscles in different ways. Also, they have a pool, so we will be using that. I'm still planning on using the dvds, but nice to mix things up.

We have a great week of weather coming up! Sunny and in the 70's so hoping to get outside more while it's nice. I am dreading winter. Although I love the fall, that is what the cooler temps always makes me think of if winter.

Good for you, Melinda! I've often wished one of our gyms would run a special so I could try it out. Maybe one day...

Hi fit babes!

That is awesome news about you and your dad Melinda! I'll look into the probiotic too as DH has some stomach issues.

I love Fall and dread Winter too! :p We've had pretty days Mon and Tues but pretty cold mornings, brrr! And Fall doesn't officially start here until 1:22 a.m. Weds. :D

BB is definitely loving the cooler days, he wants to run a lot more when we go outside!

I got an email today from Tracie Long announcing some workouts were now available. I got excited until I saw they are the ones she did by a military jet. Sigh....

So the other day I saw this video and it made me cry because it was touching and I thought about all the times I have berated myself for not being "perfect". But I hadn't taken my anti-depressant yet either, hee hee! :p Here's the link if you'd like to check it out:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/candacelowr...indfolded-in-a-bikini-to-promote-s#.rq3rdampA

If the link doesn't work, you can google it.

Have a healthy rest of your week!

Tracy - Thanks for the link :). I think the most inspiring story I've ever heard - and truly one of the most beautiful people ever seen - is the so-called "ugliest woman in the world." What an inspiration - her cheerfulness, her hope, her dream for others and to stop bullying - the most uplifting story. Talk about turning a negative into a positive!
Here is the latest documentary that I watched yesterday.

Tracy - It's a story I try to keep in mind to use as a reality call when I feel like whining about my body or image or how I "feel", etc ;).

Hi fit babes! Looks like it's been quiet here. Although I usually have something to say! :p

I just looked at the photos that have been posted for the new series. I'm excited they are filming but you really can't tell much until they can post video clips. And those aren't ready yet!

So, I dove into the 3 Lift It Hiit It workouts this week and I am a hurtin' woman! :eek: I think I better do a rotation again. But not with just the R w/ H series, I'll do it with the other series mixed in. I'm not that crazy! :D

Hope everyone is doing well and having pretty fall weather!

Hey, Tracy :D! We are having beautiful fall weather here! I think our 70s are about to end, though, but it still won't be bad.

Jeez - maybe I should just go to posting a yearly thread :eek:!

Or a half-yearly thread? :confused:

We're going between 60's and low 70's now with fog or rain or just clouds. Not a lot of rain yet so I don't know if we're going to have a drier year again. The lack of rain this past year shows in our trees. :(

A friend I met at the Daytona RT last year went again this year and she said Cathe did some of the ICE series in the classes. She said they were great and not so intermediate! That didn't surprise me a whole lot. :D

Haven't started a rotation yet because I haven't knuckled down to start one and next week's not looking too good either! I'll be out of the office for about 3 days. It's hard to get a workout in when I'm at a courthouse! :p

Have a great weekend fit babes and I hope you can stop by soon Rhea and Melinda!

Hope you have a great weekend too, Tracy :D!!! And no, it doesn't surprise me either that ICE isn't so intermediate after all ;)...

Well, it sure would be nice if I had noticed that my tapatalk app was not working properly! I didn't get any notifications, so I thought nobody was talking. oh well

It is still not working right, I kept trying to post on it, but it told me that I didnt have an account (weird since I was looking at the forums that I subscribed too, but I have no account?)

The lack of rain really shows in our trees too Tracy. The pine trees look like half of their needles are brown. I really hope it at least rains a lot this year. I think that our portion of the state will be at the top of the el nino storm track.

I havent been doing much with workouts lately, just hit and miss and what I feel like doing. I was doing P90x3 because they are short ones, but then I got some Kathy Smith tapes and have been having a little fun with kettleballs and belly dancing!

Hope everyone else is doing great. I think I'll just keep checking the forum on the regular internet instead of relying on the app (unless I can get it working right.)

I think I figured it out! Maybe this will work now. Was totally user mistake, had to sign in with the cathe forum user and password.....duh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhea - How awesome to finally "see" you :cool:!!! Oh dear - all this modern technology ;).....

Tracy - Hope you're still doing well :).

Melinda - Hope you're out there somewhere :eek:!

I did 6 weeks of LIS followed by 6 weeks of XT so after this week it'll be 6 weeks (or 4 if I get bored) of RWH. After than ICE should soon be arriving and I'll just wing it until it gets here.

Gosh - at the rate we're going I'd better say "Happy Thanksgiving" to everyone now so maybe everyone will be here once before that happens :p!!!!

I really need to get some working out done. I have to go to Mexico for Thanksgiving and really do want to be able to put on some sort of swimsuit. Burlap sack comes to mind, but not very comfortable. lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi babes! Stupid me forgot to check the last email I got that someone posted. Geez!

We finally got slammed with rain storms starting last weekend. We had a beautiful October! We're supposed to have a mild winter again this year. I hope that includes rain for everyone! I've seen some trees that just died, and sections of pine needles in cedar trees that died. Fingers crossed for alotta rain!

Last week I did Tri-sets upper body for the first time in a while. And I felt weak and was sore for a long time after that. Grrr. So I thought I better do a rotation. Did the first week of Rw/H and X-Train. I'll continue it for the next 3 weeks too. Then I may make one of my own, try another one of Cathe's or wing it. But I think I grab my favorites too much when I wing it!

Rhea, I recently got a band workout by Kathy Smith and I really like it. For some reason, bands are my favorite!

Have a great weekend fit babes and enjoy that extra hour in your day on Sunday!

Hi Tracy - great to "see" you! No worries - I ALWAYS enjoy that extra hour - for as long as they let me have it :D :cool:!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.