Low Carbers and Friends - 3rd quarter 2015

Shadow

Cathlete
Hey, gang, can you believe we're in the 3rd qtr :eek:????? Mercy me....

Hope you're all staying cool out there :)!

Oh no, soon you will be telling us that Christmas is just around the corner. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi babes! Thank you for starting the new thread Lita although I am ignoring something about a 3rd quarter. Has football season started? :D

I'm glad you had a good birthday Rhea! Funny, I didn't do what I wanted to do on my birthday either--test drive new cars--but I had a great time.

OK, it is 7:46 p.m. my time and there is no budget signed by the governor. :(:mad::rolleyes: There is an agreed budget but each line item has to be reviewed, etc. and the expected sign time of 3:30 today came and went. So we all left the office today with outgoing messages saying we're shut down. Stupid!!! This the 2nd time this has happened. I couldn't be more pleased that CA passed their budget on time!

I'm thrilled you have some help at work Rhea! It is hard to let someone go for sure. I'm not at that point, but I am at the corrective action point with someone I supervise. I believe my new division chief has figured out that she is a toxic individual and really has no use for her. She seems to be trying to do better though. We'll see.

Back to working out this week but have taken it a little easy. Scared of bad DOMS! That and the heat makes any run with BB more of a walk 'cause he's not a fan of the heat either. :cool:

Happy 4th to you all!!

Quick update: Got an email at 6 a.m. saying the budget was signed and I can come to work. At this point, I's rather have gotten the day off and gone back to bed! :p

Tracy - So glad you're "employed" again! No - it is NOT football time yet! Please.... you sound like my sister ;)!

Rhea - Don't say that too loudly 'cause you know it IS right around the corner the way time flies :eek:!

Psst, just watch the Hallmark channel this weekend for the Christmas in July!!! Along with the announcement of the Hallmark ordament for 2015 (or something like that)

There seem to be several places that celebrate Christmas in July. I know they have a Christmas party for the Park employees (Yellowstone) around this time. Personally, if we're celebrating the true reason for the season, I'm fine w/ celebrating it all year long :D!

Hi fit babes! Hope your week is going well! We are still warmer than normal but I'm finally used to it. We haven't had any rain in a month, unheard of for us! Summer doesn't start here until, well, now! :p

We're glad to be employed again but still playing catch-up. :rolleyes: And as for football season, I'm going to get a quick fix when I attend a charity softball game featuring many of my beloved football players on the 19th! :D

I lowered my weights for the Lift It Hiit It upper body workouts these past 2 days and they were still tough but do-able. Previously, I failed to take into account that Cathe uses a barbell in some of the exercises and I'm using dumbbells. I can usually go a little higher in weight with a barbell because it has more stability. So I'm no longer at a loss as to why I can't be near the weight I thought I should be in these workouts. :cool:

Enjoy the sun! (Mine is currently hazed over by our fires in the eastern part of the state....)

Tracy - I do pretty good on the uppers but for some reason, the biceps - normally my 'easiest' body part - just wipe me out and I can't go as heavy as I normally do :(. Especially on the concentration curls. I just don't get it :eek:! And then last week I thought the triceps work wasn't much (I can't do the straight leg push ups, so ...) but then I was so sore the next several days I could barely move :p!

Well Lita, I spoke a little too soon with those workouts! I was a hurtin' woman for a few days afterwards and made notes on both workouts not to do them 2 days in a row. Goodness! :eek::rolleyes: You're in good company. :D

I was pretty tired on Monday so I grabbed an old, OLD favorite--the Firm's Cardio Split 1. The AWT in that got me sweating pretty good! I completely forgot that the Firm workouts were like that and I need to pop them in now and then. The ones I got on DVD anyway. There aren't many....

Hmph! A friend of mine is seeing someone who decided we needed to run around the block after climbing each flight of stairs a few days ago. That stayed with me for awhile! I don't like him much. ;):cool:

Have a great weekend!

Tracy - He'd not be my friend, either :p! What a silly suggestion :eek:!

Are you other ladies okay ????? Long time no see :(!!!!!!!!! Hope you're both well!

I'm finally here! I was actually on .....vacation...yes, I said vacation. Not sure how much of a rest it was since I think I was busier than a bee. Not working or anything, just doing things. No list for me this time! I also haven't worked out much, but I'm planning on easing into the workouts again this afternoon with a Turbo Jam of some sort. I'll start up the second week of the last month of STS next week. Just havent wanted to do those really long ones right now. But I need to keep going cause my strength is improving.

Hope you all are having a wonderful July.

Rhea - so glad to see you :D!!! I know what you mean, I think going list-less can make you just as busy :p! But usually w/ more enjoyable things, IMHO ;).

Hi fit babes! Good to see you again Rhea! I hope you had some fun on your vacation too! I'm very happy to hear you had no to-do list this time! :D

So I signed up for the worst stair climb I can do--that stadium one--and I didn't let my friend's new guy talk me into running around the block after climbing a flight of stairs this week. I guess that's a win for me, sort of! :p That stair climb is this Sunday, I hope I'm mentally prepared! It's gonna be a scorcher too!

Work continues to be crazy. :( Too much going on, too much to do. We're getting cranky! I can't remember the last time I looked so forward to a weekend than I did today!

Have a great weekend ladies!

Tracy - I'm sure you'll rock :cool:!

Melinda - Are you out there :( :( :(????????

Rhea - How's it going now that you're back to the daily grind :)?

Okay, now i"m sitting here giggling at myself for that. Work's not that bad, but it is still work. I really can't wait to retire, but I really do want to be close to debt free as I can, so at least three more years for me. And a little more concentration on what I spend....hmmm, must be good at that, I'm terrible when I'm bored. :)

Rhea - You are such a hoot :D! Oh my word - you could retire in 3 years :eek:????????? Wow! Just think of the lists you could come up w/ if you weren't sidetracked by pesky work :p!

Hey, there. It's been a busy month, I see. I have been doing the STS and other workouts along with bike riding. A few times I decided to do core before work and then I did 30 min yoga one time and kind of liked a quick, short start to the day. Then later in the evening I'm not doing as much of a workout. I've also been doing just parts of dvds and liking that too. I was getting too regimented and stressing myself out about "have to" workouts.

So I have made it to the 4 month mark with my job and I have learned quite a bit. Also, during that time, another nurse retired, so I have picked up her senior center wellness clinic as well. What I like is I have a lot of autonomy and get to go to different locations and do a WIDE variety of work, from senior wellness/foot checks, to corporate health screenings to travel immunizations. They're as far from each other as far as types of clients and types of care/work that is done. But that keeps me engaged. And I make my own schedule, so no one is breathing down my back micromanaging me. The only big problem is the secretary, believe it or not. She treats me like crap and I'm sick of it. It varies between acting like my mother and my boss, it is so misplaced and inappropriate. I really hope she gets another job some day and leaves.

As for weather, we have had a lot of rain this summer and mosquitoes are up 50%. We can not go for walks and if you just go out for a bit, you will come in with a few bites. That is why the biking is good, you move too fast for the bugs to get you!

Oh, I did order the new workout series. I think the intermediate thing will be good and nice to mix things up a bit.

Melinda - So great to "see" you :cool:! How awesome to take such a great attitude towards your workouts! I tend to get too OCD over them, too :(!

Sounds like the job is going really well - that's great :D! I am so sorry about the secretary - being one I know how they can make or break the attitude of the office and the people who work there...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.