Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

I like that there are some new faces for the Fit Bit Blaze. I changed mine and it looks pretty good with the purple band. You can tap on the screen and see a list of all of the stats. I pre-ordered Cathe's new workouts this afternoon and also the Fit Tower with the bar clips. I also ordered the To the Mat Ice workout that I had not purchased yet. I ordered from Cathe since it was free shipping and the Rock'm Sock'm I got from Amazon has given me problems in my dvd player. I still need to get a newer dvd player. My husband told me to go ahead and get these things that I wanted so I finally broke down and did it.

Belinda, thank you for the link. Did you pre-order the new workouts? I went ahead and ordered the downloads and the dvds. I was going to just get the dvds, but then thought there are times when it is nice to have some workouts downloaded when I go somewhere. So, is that ink like when I rent a movie from Amazon Prime?

I see, you get it with a free trial and 4.99 a month for Fit Fusion TV. Is that all just JNL then?

Hi guys! Diane Sue- so fun your hubby told you to get everything! Will the original DVDs come with the tower as part of the package? I like the pictures coming from the new series but will have to see videos to see if I could use my squat rack instead of the tower. I'm really holding out as I don't think I need anymore Cathe (and still have my eye on Metashred Extreme).

Belinda- I see good reviews for JNL. I might have to try them - especially with the Amazon 7 day trial.

No workout this am. My knee started hurting yesterday for no reason ( I was just standing in the office and took a step) It feels bruised somehow. I'll do upper body tomorrow to give it another day off.

Diane Sue - I will not order Cathe's new workouts. I will wait for reviews on the workouts, music fist. I really don't see anything new form the pictures she posted? I have so many Cathe dvd, I haven't done. I have more than enough Cathe dvd's. I really don't know anything about the link on Amazon that I sent you. They do offer a Amazon 7 day trial.

Doreen - I wished they offered the Amazon 7 day trial before I bought mine. How many times do I use them?

BTW, I do believe dvd's are slowly disappearing :( Yesterday my daughter said "she doesn't know anyone that still owns a dvd player except me"!!! I told her a lot of people still own dvd players :) She started laughing. All her friends go either the gym or stream. I told her, if I stream it would cost me a lot more than what I have spent on dvd's :) My daughter spent a $160 a month for the gym :D

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I did JNL Fusion Crack & Lacking Cardio + I walked as my warm up. There a no warm up or cool down in this workouts.

Have a great day and workout, everyone.

I can see how streaming is the way everything is going. I will miss the chaptering and premixes when that happens. I think if I just did streaming I would only pay for one service/month though! But now I don't like to stream because I have all these DVDs available!! I've also ripped quite a few of my dvds but the storage for them gets expensive. Right now all my Cathe downloads and my ripped DVDs are in a google drive which was the cheapest I could find at $2/month. But I have access everywhere with internet without taking up computer or phone storage.

I did ICE upper body and ICE to the mat (ball and Loop) today.

I can see how streaming is the way everything is going. I will miss the chaptering and premixes when that happens. I think if I just did streaming I would only pay for one service/month though! But now I don't like to stream because I have all these DVDs available!! I've also ripped quite a few of my dvds but the storage for them gets expensive. Right now all my Cathe downloads and my ripped DVDs are in a google drive which was the cheapest I could find at $2/month. But I have access everywhere with internet without taking up computer or phone storage.

I did ICE upper body and ICE to the mat (ball and Loop) today.

How do you rip dvd's? Steaming is also very expensive. My dvd's will last me a life time :) Did you preorder Cathe's new ones?

I use handbrake. Some have protection and you can't rip them.

I am not getting Cathe's new series yet. I only have a squat rack and need to see the video clips first. I'm thinking this is her release for 2017 and I'd rather spring for Metashred Extreme if it ever goes a little bit on sale.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

The protection is on the DVDs when they are produced. Some have it some don't. Beachbody are all protected so you can't rip them to an mp4. Other lower quality productions can be ripped.

Todays, workout was Ripped with Hiit Plyo Hiit #1, 28 minutes, 183 calories, heart rate avg. 138/max 171. Then I did Strong and Sweaty PHA, 50 minutes (7 extra for writing things down and adjusting) 275 calories, hr 114/144. I used Barre Amped Bounce stretch at the end, 8 minutes, 20 calories. Total time was 86 minutes, calories burned 478. I don't know what is up with the workout manager. It would not work for me again today.
Weights all 12 reps each round of exercises repeated 3 times
squat off the end 20#, 20#, 20#
overhead press 15's, 15's, 15's
side lunges 15's, 15's, 15's
upright rows 15's, 15's 15's
step ups 15's, 20's 20's
release push ups body weight
second round
cross back lunge 20#,20#,20#
biceps curls 15's, 15's 15's
deadlifts 30's,30's,30's
pullovers 12's, 15's 15's
standing squats 25's, 25's 25's
lying extensions 15's,15's,15's

I have a couple of Downloads on my tablet. I did have them on Google drive. I never quite understand all of that. I try to avoid the cloud. I put my manuals and downloads on my SD card that I added. I did purchase the downloads for the new workouts. The computers are starting to get where you cannot use a CD drive on them anymore to watch the dvds.

Doreen, I used to do some dubbing over copies from one dvd to another using two players. It got difficult to get them and a lot of dvds are low enough in cost that it is not worth the headache to me. Beach Body really has theirs protected well. They have don't have premixes or anything. I could never understand why theirs cost so much when packaging was done cheaply and they do not do much other than film them.

Belinda, that is odd that there was no warm up on the workout. I guess it doesn't take much to do a quick warm up.

I did ICE low impact sweat floor and step plus blizzard blast this morning.

Today, I did Intensity warm up and step, 31 minutes, 239 calories. heart rate avg 139/ max 165. I followed this with Ice Low Impact Sweat workout 2 with blizzard blast premix 14 37 minutes, 256 calories. heart rate 127/178 . Oddly, workout manager gives Intensity a met value of 7 and Low Impact sweat an 8. I really would have thought that it would be the other way around. But then my max heart rate was higher on Low Impact Sweat. I am a bit surprised. I used my Fit Bit though. But I do like to make comparisons. I generally find I would be more a met value of 6 or 7 for most cardio workouts and rarely an 8. I finished off with Strong and Sweaty bonus abs 13 minutes . Total time 81 minutes, calories burned 558 Total. 6576 steps. So far I started with a plus of 270 calories estimated on steps from Fit Bit to My Fitness Pal after working out they took 140 calories off of my total workout calories leaving me at 418 calories instead of the 558. It seems as I get more steps in later in the day I get that back and sometimes some extra step calories. I am trying to figure out why they calculate that way. Heading to a art presentation that my granddaughter's coop is putting on. They may come back here afterward for some more sewing. I seriously need to clean up some of the dust from the chiseling and carpet removal. I did finally get bedding washed and our bedroom dusted up last night.

Doreen, I use the Ice Low Impact Sweat a lot. I really do like it.

Good morning,

Dance HiiT Pure Cardio = 30 min + JNL Fusion TB = 10 min is done. I was surprised the TB was only 10 min :) I'll take it.

Diane Sue - a lot of people complaint about the warm/cool down in JNL. That is why I walk before to warm up. I agree, the met value in the WM is way to low for some workouts. You can change it, if you think you worked harder. Have fun with clean max, I need to do that too.

Doreen - that is another one I haven't done :( So many dvd's. Good job!

I will try to be back later, but I really need to clean my house. BBL!

Belinda, I generally change the met value to what I think it should be and I usually put it lower because the workout manager gives way too high of a calorie burn according to my devices. I just don't want to log more calories than I burn. I just found that Intensity had a much lower metabolic rate and calorie burn than some other workouts listed. It was closer to what I would use.

This morning I did ICE lower body blast plus MM shoulders. I love this one.

Yesterday I gave myself permission to order the new BJ Gaddour set... and then I found a bunch of Bob Harpers Black Fire workouts on YT... Sooooo. I bookmarked them in YT and put my cc away!

I'm trying to decide if next week I should do xtrain workouts or Hammer and Chisel workouts or try the new ones I found... hmm. Decisions decisions. It will be a busy week next week and I like my workouts to not require a lot of thought when I'm busy....

Today's workout felt very long because I had to stop several times. I did Rock'm Sock'm timesaver #7 warm up and blasts, 22 minutes, 170 calories, 130 average/ 168 max heart rate. I then did Ice Metabolic Total Body 50 minutes, 119 average/ 150 max heart rate, 324 calories. Cathe had this at a met 8 and 443 calories:rolleyes: I went heavier on almost everything except a couple of things I used 5# for. I used 20's for the deadlift row moves, mostly 15's and 12's for a lot of it. I finished with Barre Amped Bounce thighs, booty, & stretch, 35 minutes, 150 calories. Total time was 1 hour 47 minutes, calories 644, 5,492 steps. Hopefully I can get to 10,000 today.

Doreen, I laid out Hammer and Chisel and have contemplated fitting some of it in or 21 Day Fix Extreme. Then again I keep thinking that I am going to have a week soon where I am going to need some short workouts. I keep putting it off for a bit. All depends on when we have to have someone, either family or professional come in to install the flooring etc.. Everything as far as timing is sort of up in the air here. I have the Fit tower with the bar clips coming and it has the original workouts with it, I pre-ordered the Advanced Fit Tower workouts and while I was at it ordered the Ice to the Mat that I did not get from the set yet. I still have the two Kelly's in my cart. I think I have enough coming right now.

Hi everyone,

today I walked 5 miles.

Diane Sue and Doreen - I was thinking doing H&G next week too. Good job on your workouts today,

Have a great evening.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.