Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

My workout is done. I did Step Moves, 45 minutes, 291 calories, heart rate 141 average/ 176 max, 4,017 steps followed by TO the Max, solid step, step tabata, slide and glide tabata, and stretch, 27 minutes, 179 calories, heart rate 120/163 max, 1,414 steps. I really thought the heart rate for this one and the steps was odd in that it seems more intense than step moves. I guess step move has a lot more travelling instead of step jumps etc.. Total workout was 72 minutes, 470 calories. Steps so far 6,105. I also used My yoga tune up therapy balls and the Neck portion of the upper body yoga tune up dvd. I did this before my workout. It helped a lot for those few minutes I used it.

Belinda, another fun Kickboxing day for you :)

Doreen, I wouldn't want to jump on the concrete. I did some Kelly Coffey on my daughter's patio before and never jumped. I thought it was a bit uncomfortable doing push ups on the pavement.

Laura, yes, you do have a busy week getting ready and going to your mother's. I am trying to get things caught up and shopping done since I have 3 grandchildren staying with me next week for a few days.

I went to the park this morning and did Kick Punch and (no) Crunch on the cushy playground surface with my 1lb gloves. Its been so long since I've done this one that I had forgotten pretty much everything which made it feel like a new workout!

I keep watching the daily deals so I can order my Fit Splits but so far no luck! I want to get STS total body once it shows up on daily deal. I may order the Fit tower total body as well- we'll see.

Today I did a mish mash of workouts, started with CSS WU and step, then TTM step, then Intensity LI, X10 LI, and then parts of RWH LI 1 and stretch. Haven't been sleeping well this week. I've just been dragging and have a million things to do.

Doreen, just did KPC this week. It was the first Cathe I ever did on FitTV and it got me hooked. Still love it.

Still on the fence about the Fit Splits, but I'll probably order anyway. I'm sure I'll end up regretting if I don't get it, and then it will be that much more money. I know I won't be able to convince the library on this one. Our local library system has NO Cathe workouts at all.

Have a good day everyone and keep up the great workouts. Stay cool. It's really hot and humid here.

Hey girls,

I did STS D23 this morning. Been busy selling more workout dvd's :) Sold 2 Cathe cycle dvd's today. I don't have a spin bike? I still have some Beachbody workouts to sell, will list them this weekend. They all still in shrink wrap :( Why on earth, did I buy so many workout dvd's? Scratching my head!

Laura - I am on the fence about the new workouts too. I will wait until I see clips and the names of the crew. I miss Cedi.

Good job, everyone. Need to go through more dvd's :)

Today I just wanted cardio without any weights to get the heart rate up. I find if I keep moving my joints do not get stiff and it actually helps more than if I did nothing. I did Low Max, 70 minutes, 463 calories, heart rate 143/174 max, 6,082 steps. This was fun since I have not done it in a very long time. I love the music so much more in older workouts. I find getting a low impact workout without having to use weights, mountain climbers and other stressful moves is hard to find in newer workouts. I also tend to get more steps in the workouts without the use of all of those other moves and weights. I then did Kelly Coffey Body Design just the yoga segment 13 minutes, 99/125 max heart rate, 55 steps, and YouTube Sarah Beth Yoga upper back tension relief and shoulder and neck tension relief, 11 minutes, 15 calories. I have always liked these two workouts and found them helpful and short. She has some new ones I need to check out, but they required more time. Total time was 94 minutes, 507 calories. Funny, Fit Bit had my calories higher than Map My Fitness today. I don't bother with map my fitness for yoga. It gives me double to triple the calories I get from Fit Bit.

Doreen, I have done that with some of the older workouts that I have been doing lately. I can't even remember when I did Low Max . It would take me a bit to remember the moves. I hope you find the deal that you want. I really do like STS Total body. I have done it a lot.

Laura, I have not done KPC in years. I used to love it though. I guess it is another that I need to do. I think there are some mish mosh premixes on the dvd. I need to look. When I had knee surgery I mixed a lot of those low impact segments together. Nice mix up today. I know what you mean about dragging and needing to get things done. I was so tired today and finally drug myself out to two grocery stores as I needed to go to Walmart for paper goods etc. and then hit Sprouts. Also I had to take that phone to the post office. I already got the new SD card for my phone from AT&T. They were fast. Now I have to go to the post office to send the other back. They sure sent that little device in a huge box.

Belinda, I think the new workouts look like they might be interesting. I still haven't ordered though. There is plenty of time to think about it I guess. I am just sort of tired of the new electronic type music and the moves do not change very much. How can they? I have been having some fun with some of the older workouts. I found myself humming the tune to Low Max after it loaded. I was humming and checking my email before I started. It made me want to go work out ;)

Diane Sue - I totally agree about the music. Her older workouts had really good music. Like in Low Impact, I am not reaching for those workouts at all. What a wast of $$! I doubt I will order? I look at this way: If I only do those workouts once or twice I can get them OnDeman instead of paying full price. Try them out for $20 a month instead of $50. I don't have the physical dvd but also don't have more dvd clutter. I am trying hard to downsize my collection. Sold a few dvd's today. I will post a few brand new Beachbody sets this weekend. Not using them. I only can workout so much. Maybe if I like the clips I get the downloads only? Who knows? The Fit Tower dvd's, I had high hopes. They weren't for me. Even my DD didn't like them :( Maybe I will wait for reviews on VF :)

Belinda, sometimes I think the on demand is a good idea. Then when you are tired of a workout you just move on. But then to me the cost is a bit much as I would want others besides just Cathes. Also when they start putting some off the air so to speak that I really liked, then there is no way to get them back. I tend to go for the newer ones for long periods of time, but pull out older ones once in awhile. I have to think about how I would prefer to do it. I am not all that fond of streaming yet. It has it's drawback.

Diane Sue - I agree, about the streaming if you steam every month/year. I am talking only steaming a month and move on. I am not sure if I am there yet, but it will stop my dvd spending, lol. As long as, youtube offers free workouts like FitnessBlender I am good.

This morning I did RIPT 90 Deadlift Killer and added on some weighted glute bridges at the end instead of the 50 jumping lunges he makes you do.

I have thought about just going the on demand route with the new releases. Then I could give the workouts a try. I did that with ICE and then ended up buying them later anyway.

I guess if you were really thoughtful about it you could rotate through the various streaming services and keep your cost down by only having one subscription at a time. But then sometimes I just really want to do a certain workout from a different instructor and what would I do then!?

There is a new Kickbox studio going in on my route home. Ilovekickboxing.com is the franchise. They are advertising 19.99 for 3 classes. Which that would add up fast too if I did that on a regular basis so I sometimes think the DVDs I have purchased are ok - even if I only come back to them once a year or so. I haven't had much luck selling. I've only been able to sell XTrain (because I also bought the downloads and just kept the downloads), Jullian Michaels Bodyshred, and P90X sets with any luck. Everything else I post just sits there until it expires.

I like youtube stuff but for some reason I guess I'm a snob about production and music and don't think I could exclusively do that. Though some that put decent music on are ok.

Whew - I guess that was a really long post! Hope everyone has a great day!

Hey girls,

Kickboxing is done.

Doreen - I had a set of dvd's sitting around for almost 3 years. I sold it last year. You never know, what people are looking for. I can't sell Cathe's Fit Tower dvd's, LOL :) I sold a dvd that is out of print not to long ago. I didn't care much for it, so I sold it :) I don't have a spin bike, why did I buy her dvd's? Sold those too. I don't plan on buying a spin bike in the future. I am trying to downsize and simplify my life. I am not a snob when a workout is free! There a ton of fantastic instructors on youtube with a new spin on moves. Cathe's music isn't always that great:( I am only getting rid of dvd's that I will not use or been sitting around for years. Eventually dvd's gonna be history anyway, like VHS''s!

Have a great workout and day, everyone.

Went with Diane Sue's workout yesterday of LowMax. Been a long time since I pulled that one out. Didn't want to kill myself too much today. I have to be up at 3am tomorrow for Mom Day. Still a good one.

I am still not sold on streaming. I loved Cathe Live, but I had lots of problems in the basement (kind of a sinkhole there). On the LI series, I don't care for the music, but I usually forget about when I working out. I do like that Cathe gives you the option to do her voice only, so you can play your own if you like.

I like YT for yoga stuff, but haven't really gotten into anything else. Except for KCM raw workouts. She says her YT video subscription will be very low cost per month. Might see what she offers there.

Have more errands to run today to get ready for tomorrow. No workout tomorrow, but it sure isn't a rest day!

Great workouts everyone. Keep up all the good work.

*** Meant to also say that I was wondering if Cede will be back for the next series since she showed up on a Live class. She looks wonderful as always.

I ended up doing Ripped with Hiit Plyo Hiit #1, 28 minutes, 187 calories, 136 average/179 max heart rate. Oddly it says 520 steps of 4,180 steps taken. Surely I got more than 520 steps from that workout.

Doreen, I don't mind doing some YouTube workouts once in awhile. I really do prefer the workouts that are produced and have good lighting, and the instructors are dressed nicely and the set is nice along with music. I am not looking forward to the just streaming eventually plan. I think it is limiting and costly in the end. Speaking of Gyms, my husband and I went into the new Orange Therapy around the corner. They are really expensive. $28 a session. You can buy packages that allow for so many sessions a week. The fuller packages are in the 100's of dollars per month. No, way would I do that. I feel like even the 19.95 a month on demand is not worth it when I have all of the dvds and the new ones aren't much more than two months of on demand. If I were to do that it would be something like Les Mills Pump and probably for a month or so to try it out. I think the live workouts are fine. Still not the quality of the dvds. It does break up the boredom for awhile.
I had my daughter sell my workout dvds that I did not want on an online garage sale or something like that. She was able to sell all of them and I let her use them for her mission trip to Haiti. I think the Insanity and Chalean's earlier workouts went for more than some of the yoga dvds and odd CIA and a few others that I did not want went for less.

Belinda, that is funny that you purchased the spin workouts when you don't have a bike. I guess you have to find the right person to purchase spin workouts. I like them when I do spin, but I am terribly bored on a piece of fitness equipment. I put the dvd in my laptop and turn on the television to watch something and am still watching the clock. The only one that I like that uses equipment is Kelly Coffey's that you move on and off the equipment. I like Fitness Blender a lot. I do wish there was music. Amazon Prime music has some fitness music sound tracks but I have not liked many of them. Kelly Coffey's Raw workouts are not bad to me. Amy is just starting out and the rebounding workouts are good, but the lighting needs a change, and she did fix the broken rebounder she was jumping on was broken by the third workout. These are weights and rebounding. I have not done the third one yet, just checked out a bit of it. It looked like they were using paper plates too. Rebound Fit is a pretty good production for a YouTube workout. The thing is some of these are gearing toward pay for the workouts. I like Arnita Champion for rebounding. I like how Fitness Blender does it. It is free but you can pay a little bit for a full workout and nutrition info put together for you using their workouts that are online. I think they make their money from this and t shirt sales and that sort of thing. Maybe some donations? I remember reading about it.

and ads- I think they get advertising $$ if they have so many followers and so may views on video maybe.

I'd like to try a rebounder. But it may end up in the corner if I don't like it so I've held off buying one even though I love Amy and would love to try the new videos she put up on youtube.

I was reading an article where someone had interviewed Gideon about his Riptensity series and how much time and work went into those productions. He said he wrote over 100 workouts all with the beginner, intermediate, advanced levels for the test groups to try out and tweak before settling on the 8 or so that ended up in the series. I really want to get that series now knowing how much testing went into the workouts. And I really am liking how some videos show the 3 levels of each exercise so you can take it up a notch or down a notch depending on how the day is going! The metashred sets and all in 18 do that and I find it super helpful

This morning I did a pre-mix of Muscle Max that only included the big muscle groups (no bi or tri work) for 30 minutes and then did a JessicaSmithTV cardio ball workout on youtube that was 30 minutes. Her music and lighting and sound are good. She messes up and drops the ball in this one which is funny and then I dropped my ball!

I finished Low Impact Circuit doing the lower cardio premix and had to modify the overhead moves for the weight lower segments. I only used 8 and 10 #, 56 minutes, 358 calories, heart rate 142 avg./ 176 max, 4806 calories. I then did Fit Tower Legs, glutes, and core timesaver legs and core express, 33 minutes (28 actual) 81 calories, 361 steps. Total time today was 89 minutes, 439 calories. Total steps so far today 5,696.

Laura, I enjoyed Low Max and was wondering why I haven't done it more. I think loading up driving a long trip and unloading is exhausting enough for a day. I have several Yoga instructors that I have enjoyed.

Doreen, I was always skeptical of the rebounders. I thought they must make things easier. I did't think that I would care for one. They came out with the Urban Rebounder package deal with the Urban Rebounding Extreme workouts and had a great price, of something like 125 dollars for everything. I did buy some 2 and 3 lb sand weights to use as they use them in most of the workouts. I loved it so much. For quite some time those were my go to workouts. You can find quite a few rebounder workouts on YouTube that are pretty intense. I keep wanting to do the last URX that I purchased which is Greg Cook, and came out later than the others. I have it out but I need to get my shoulders and neck back to normal. It alternates between weights, pull ups, various exercises and a rebounder routine. Also when I got the set it included a double tubing pair that clips to the rebounder for some strength work with one of Greg Cook's workouts in the original URX-MT workouts. These are all metabolic type workouts and some are on YouTube now. They are kind of hard to find to purchase though. Anyway, after using these I have come up with ways to substitute on really high impact work like tuck jumps and stuff, and have used it for things like Insanity for some of the moves. Arnita Champion on You Tube is so motivating and comes up with excellent ways to use the rebounder. You could find a low cost one and see how you like it.

Belinda, that is great that you sold the spin workout. I hope you enjoy your time with your friend. Is this for kickboxing? How is Brawler doing?

Diane Sue - I am glad those dvd's are sold. I am a nut for buying them in the first place, lol. I wanted a spin bike years ago, never happened. Now, I really don't want to buy another gym equipment. My friend and my DD came to visit. We had a lot of fun. I known her since Germany, 11 years ago. She lives in DC near my DD. We went shopping and eat lunch in MD. We had a lot of fun. Thanks for asking about Brawler. He is doing great, his stitches came out this week. That was a little messy. My vet wasn't happy that the other vet put stables instead of stitches in. He had a hard time getting them out, they can turn. I felt bad for Brawler, he did good. Good job today on your workouts.

Belinda thatbsounds like a fun day. I am glad Brawler is on the mens. I find dogs are notbas big of whiners when it comes to things like stitches and needles andvstuff. Just claw trims. At least that has been my experience.

I am going to today off and hopefully workout tomorrow. Yesterday was a killer on my back. I was on the heating pad all night. Don't want to push it today.

Diane Sue, I was still humming the music from LowMax yesterday. I don't know either why I haven't been doing that one more. I really enjoyed it.

Have a great weekend all.

I signed up for Jill Colman's metconmonster challenge that starts next week. She sent one workout example so I did that this morning. 10 burpees, 25 bent over rows, 25 pushup, 25 situp, 25 air squats. 4 rounds for time. Took me 19:24 but I did hands elevated pushups.

Then I did Anarchy phase 2 cardio for 30 min.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back