Lifting like girls

Karen, whoa, glute ham raises. Looks like that would kill the core, too. Is there anyway to do those on just a regular bench? I don't have that handy knee holding contraption. Glad you're loving Meso 2! Are you still eating like a bird, LOL?

Justine, yeah, what Karen said, LOVE the triceps workout. If the book was a real nail biter, I think that counts as extra resistance!

Tom, 5 minutes of planks, was that all in a row, like 5 minutes straight without breaks? Whoa!

Not much time today. I wanted to do a Cathe Live but we had a party to get to in the morning so I had to do a familiar, in-and-out goodie, Cardio & Weights. Old school!

Have a great weekend! Be back Monday.

Sorry MIA again. It's been nuts around here. I haven't been sticking to STS either. UGH!
But, I got to Foster Recreation Center and sign up for use there. So, Kara and I are going swimming tomorrow :)
Today I did 22 Hard Corp: Cardio 1 and Core 1. I am trying to get back

to where I can keep up with Cathe again!!

I also did the preorder on Strong and Sweaty, and the Fit Tower. Not so sure about the workouts with it, sure they are great....but I really wanted that fit tower for STS!!

Hi lib! Good to hear from you.

Karen, shoulders and legs screaming? What a combo!

Lisa, now we know how to get Tom to do cardio - you can chase him with a sardine....

Still deloading here. Bit of grip strength work squeezing the last of the su block from the tube, and the heavy farmers carry (it was a very big watermelon needed putting in the fridge).
Starting to get a bit antsy in reality ( and I'm swimming a mile each day...)

Good Monday all! Today was chest and tri, and the chest part almost didn't happen. Last week I was just able to do short sets at 115 and 135 and had to quit. This week was almost a duplicate. I did a set at 45, 95,115 135 and couldn't get my right shoulder to loosen up. I sat on the bench and had a "heart to heart" with myself to decide if this was discomfort or injury and I decided to try 1 more set at 135 and it felt better so I did sets at 155, 175, 195, and 205 finishing with long sets at 175 and 155. I thought I was cured but when I tried inclines I quickly found I wasn't! They were a no go. So I guess I will see if this was an endorphin induced miracle or if I crossed the thin line between courage and stupidity! For tris I did 3x10 skullcrushers and 3x8 tri pushdowns, finishing with 1x20 cable crunches. Karen, sounds like RP is working..pain always a valid indicator! I would have used it as a way out of the yardwork! Lisa, on the planks I did 2 min on both elbows, rolled to one side for a minute, to the other side for a minute then finished on both elbows for 1 minute bringing alternate knee to chest. that really fires up the ole abba dabba's! Justine, when does your Portugal punishment cease! I always feel for people displaced from their homes and forced to endure the kind of punishment that you have been forced to endure''''NOT!! When you are sore and whinning, don't look to us for sympathy!! (just kidding. kinda jealous here cause it really sounds like a "kick butt" time!) Lisa, great to hear from you and hope, despite the frantic pace that all is going well! Have a great week everyone!

Justine, LOL on chasing Tom with the sardines to scare him into cardio! I'm so jealous of all the fresh food you're eating, and a farmers carry with a watermelon is not for the faint of heart, so don't underestimate your exertion levels! Plus all that sun is for sure keeping your body temp elevated and the metabolism burning.

Lib, so great to hear from you! Sometimes you just gotta do something, so keep it up! Yes, it's really great to have the tower during STS. You'll love it.

Karen, can you believe that I've never, ever done yard work? Yes, I'm a wimp. I blame my allergies but also my severe dislike of hard labor, LOL! Having kids and being a mom is hard labor enough for me!

Tom, fingers crossed you didn't aggravate your shoulder. You can always do legs and cardio! There's something for everyone!

Yesterday was a rest day and today was XTrain Cardio Leg Blast. This one never gets old!

Lisa, you're really not missing anything not doing yard work. I dislike it immensely, but I do like the results. I asked for the day off today. Worked out, watered my flowers, and took DH to the airport.
Workout was:
Wide Grip BB Bench Press 3 sets
Flat DB Flye 3 sets
Seated BB Shoulder Press 2 sets
Cable Tricep Pushdown 4 sets
Cable Face Pull 3 sets
BB Curl 4 sets
V Up 4 sets

Tom I hear ya. While I don't hate sardines, I definitely have to be in the mood for them. But, when the mood strikes? Mmmmmm.

Howdy all. Today was back and bi, chins 4x8, pullovers 3x8, lat pulldowns 3x10, dumbbell curl 3x8, hammer curl 3x8, conc curl 2x8, 1x10 and 1 set of ez bar curls to failure. Karen, killer w/o, chest/shoulders/tris/bis/abs...geeze! Lisa...legs and cardio???? Is that not weight training PURGATORY??? You need to go to sensitivity training cause that's just MEAN haha! Justine. when do you get back from paradise! Lib. hang in there...the fire for training willcome back. Have a great Tuesday all!

Tom, I'm not the mean one, Cathe is! Nobody can abuse the lower body like Cathe! Good job working the glamour muscles today! Getting stronger with your chins? You seem to do well with them.

Karen, how many reps are in your sets these days? Is Meso 2 high or low rep? Glad you got the day off! Hope you get to do something fun. Yeah, I bet your yard looks amazing. There's pretty much nothing you're not good at!

Justine, vino and caviar on tap for you today?

Today I pulled out 1999 Cathe. Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders, Tris. Tough but effective. Taking a walk later as well. Gotta enjoy the good weather while it lasts!

Hey everybody! Today was my short, leg day. (not to be confused with my short leg day) Lisa, I'm getting between 8-12 reps. If I do more reps two weeks in a row, I up the weight. Don't know if this is legal, but I do believe the Constitution states (in some ambiguous amendment) that if the load is too light, I have a right to go heavier. You know that amendment, right counselor? I used to pull that on my kids when they were young. There was always an amendment that favored Mom. Now, that they are grown (and one is an attorney) Not flying any more. Anyway, I ramble. But, one more tale. My husband is flying out of Denver yesterday. Two guys, (not young, 60's and 70's) got into it over an arm rest. They both got kicked off the plane. Give up the arm rest, Please!! Today was:
Leg Press 3 sets
BB Walking Lunge 2 sets
Stiff Legged DL 2 sets
Smith Machine Calf raises 5 sets
That's all folks!!! Talk later.

Karen. I'm flying! to FL today, gotta watch that arm rest thing! Our town is having a water issue...none, at least for awhile. the good news is my best friend lives in the country and has water from another source and it is a good thing because you might have heard about a mass evac of a Southwest flight due to toxic fumes!!( I'd still try to grab some peanuts!) My wife drove down and I stayed to work a few days to try to keep from getting too far behind, although I hear the new Dentist is near! I spent yesterday doing surgery on ladies on antiobiotics to get the bad boys out while covered antibiotically since no dentist would be there for 10 days. Hopefully the new guy will show in that time, this population, with their dental issues, needs more than a full time dentist, actually need about 7 days a week..Lisa, I don't know if chins are easier, but I find solace it the fact I weigh 25# more!! I feel like I could do 1 really long set, but yesterday, by the last rep of the last set...well was not a pretty chin up! I would like to try the neutral pullup station and try to max out but just haven't got around to it...need to put it on my list! Today was leg day and I felt like I hit it pretty hard. 5 sets ench squats, 3x12 gob squats,3x6 reverse lunges, 2x8 "vodka cranes" (1 leg deads with a kb), 3x20 barbell calf raises, 5 sets single calf raises and 5 minutes of planks, I was going to finish off leg day with...as would any red blooded American lad,,,,,,,,EZBAR CURLS!!! but alas, left elbow said no, and I listened. On the drive home I wont have a gym so mandatory 3 days off...puke!! Oh well, maybe for the best..I'm sure son 2 will try to kill me our 2 days of lifting! Keep clanging ladies!

You guys, I'm so bummed. My baby was stolen this morning, right out of my driveway. My 1991 mint condition Honda Civic. My heart is broken. I'm sure it's in a chop shop in pieces by now. The parts are hard to find, so someone decided to take mine. Boo hoo!

You guys, I'm so bummed. My baby was stolen this morning, right out of my driveway. My 1991 mint condition Honda Civic. My heart is broken. I'm sure it's in a chop shop in pieces by now. The parts are hard to find, so someone decided to take mine. Boo hoo!

Karen, NO! I don't like this at all! I'm so so sorry. How awful. You must feel so violated. I can't imagine taking something that isn't mine. I drove a 91 Civic for a long time and it was a really terrific car. Ugh.

Karen, really sorry! I love Hondas, have an accord and oddessy. I used to have an 01 civic and loved it! Hope you get it back or those responsible get jail time....or commando beatdown!!

Tom, Karen, maybe if we can catch the son-of-a-guns who stole Karen's car, we can make sure they end up in Tom's prison. I bet they need some might fierce dental work...no anesthesia allowed!!!

Well, Karen I hope you're having a better day today. I can't imagine fighting over an arm rest on a plane. It takes all kinds....Those aren't even comfortable anyway. I just use them as a divider to keep my personal space protected from the people next to me. Looks like a good, effective leg day yesterday.

Tom, safe travels to you. I'm sure your son will give you a workout worthy of blood, sweat, and tears. Hope your new dental colleague comes into town ASAP.

Waves to everyone else.

Yesterday I did High Intensity Step Live (June 2014) and today I did Purse Strength Back and Bis. Really upped the ante on my rows, feeling it already!

Hey all!! Haven't received any ransom notes for my girl. Unfortunately, I think she is gone. I agree Lisa, an arm rest is nothing but a divider. But, even that's iffy. Some passengers are determined to do the in-flight sprawl. Totally with you on the prison dental work. With me on the drill? Just imagine. I'm getting biology lab flashbacks just thinking about it. (dissecting is not my thing, and they were dead) Yea Tom, I think your son is going to kick your butt. Yesterday I did:

3 sets of Chest Supported Row
3 sets of BB Bent Row
2 sets of Assisted Overhand Pull-ups
4 sets of DB Hammer Curl
3 sets of DB Rear Lateral Raise
4 sets of Hanging Knee Raise

Today was:
3 sets of Incline Medium Grip Bench Press
3 sets of EZ Bar Tricep extensions
4 sets of Dips
3 sets of DB Side Lateral Raise
3 sets of Incline DB Curl
4 sets of Slant Board Sit-up
Have a great evening everyone!!

Shoulder day didn't really happen. I tried some light strict press but right shoulder was really sore. I tried some light side laterals, dumbell presses and all a no go. Bummer!! I did some trap work, shrugs with heavy kettlebells, and cable crunches. On the cable crunches, my last set was with 200#!! At home I have 90# of plates and they didn't feel much different, guess their pulleys are "resistance reducers", more ego building than bodybuilding, because 200 should pull me off the ground! I got to watch son 2 go 315 x 9 on bench....think that train has left the station for me!! It is Friday Ladies...enjoy!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.