Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2024

This morning I wanted to try one of the STS workouts so I grabbed Upper Body #1 but only did the 45 minute premix that was one set only. I actually had time to do the whole thing and wished I had once I was finished. Good workout, I like the slow and heavy approach. I love the options she gives as well. Since I am having that pain in my left shoulder blade area, I went light with the weights and only did what I could comfortably. I think I'll need to wait for this to heal before I do more weight lifting. Hopefully it will be better by next week. Heat has really helped it, but it's still there.

This is how it went:

Dumbbell Bench Press: 20's - 10 reps
Dumbbell Flyes: 15's 2 sets/12 reps (or 1 set could be pushups)

Pullups (I did overhand Barbell Rows): 30# - 2 sets/8 reps
Underhand Barbell Rows - 30# 2 sets/8reps
Rear Flies - 8's - 12 reps
Band Face Pulls (I did Scarecrows): 5's - 12 reps

Barbell Curls: 25# - 12 reps
Alternate Static Hold Hammers: 15's - 6 reps (I could not do the static hold due to the pain in my shoulder blade)
Reverse Curls: 12's - 16 reps

Lying Barbell Triceps Extension: 20# - 10 reps
Dumbbell Cross Body Extension: 10# - 10 reps
Band Push Downs - 12 reps (did these carefully)

Barbell Overhead Press: 20# - 10 reps (these hurt my shoulder)
Seated Arnold Press: 10's - 10 reps
Lateral Raise: 8's - 11 reps
Alternate Lateral Raise - 5's - 14 reps

I went really light with shoulder work, my left shoulder and blade was feeling the work. I sure hope this goes away, I cannot figure out what I did.

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 228 calories and HR was 99/132.

Roxie - Hope you guys don't get those tornadoes. Scary weather!!

Diane - I loved this STS workout, I can't wait to try the others. Now I'll have to make up workout sheets for them all. LOL!! I'm glad you did not have tornadoes there! So scary! Did you see the new workouts Kelly posted? I watched the cardio one, looks like a good add on. I like the Cardio Crush workouts, I didn't think 3 was that impactful. Some of it was. I did low jacks at times but for the most part, I did the entire workout as is (except for mountain climbers).

Jolie - I did the workout you did yesterday but one of the premixes because I was afraid I'd run out of time.

Belinda - Hope you are doing well!

Roselyn - Great workout yesterday!

Have a great day everyone!

Reactions: WD
Hi,

Today I went for a nice long walk outside.

Debbie - great job on STS UB 1. Glad you liked the slower pace and all the different option. I do like the set a lot.

Roselyn - great job on Lift it back, shoulder and biceps.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Good Evening,

It has been an interesting one we went to DD’s house for the birthday party and while we were there a tornado hit the town we were supposed to go to for one of the grandsons concert if it wasn’t for trees we could have seen it from our DD’s deck then the storm system moved directly to our area where we live I don’t know what we will find when we get home.

• Wow
Today I did STS 2.0 Total Body Trisets upper only premix, 49 minutes, 157 calories, heart rate 104/134. I also did Raw String Along Cardio 14 minutes, 67 calories, heart rate 122/147. This was a fun little workout add on. I have not had time to check the other String Along workouts out yet. I finished with CDorner Day 12 Upper Body Stretch, 10 minutes. Total time 73 minutes, 241 calories, 1,448 steps which is probably from the cardio. I had a lot to get done today. Trying to do spring cleaning and my husband had me altering some shirts. Then there was some outside stuff.

STS tri-sets Upper Body

Chest Press#1 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly Pinkies In#1 25# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly Thumb to Thumb #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Chest Press#2 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly Pinkies In#2 25# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly Thumb to Thumb #2 15# dbs 8 reps

Deadlifts #1 30# dbs 8 reps
Pullover#1 25# db 8 reps
Kneeling one arm row #1 30# db 8 reps
Deadlifts #2 30# dbs 8 reps
Pullover#2 25# db 8 reps
Kneeling one arm row #2 30# db 8 rep

Close Grip Bench Press #1 20# dbs 8 reps
Seated Single Arm overhead triceps extension #1 15# db 8 reps
Lying Trceps Extension #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Close Grip Bench Press #2 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Seated Single Arm overhead triceps extension #2 15# db 8 reps
Lying Trceps Extension #2 15# dbs 8 reps

Seated Overhead Press #1 12# dbs 8 reps
Standing Double Arm side lateral raise #1 10# dbs 8 reps
Kneeling Single Arem Rear Delt Fly #1 10# db 8 reps
Seated Overhead Press #2 12# dbs 8 reps
Standing Double Arm side lateral raise #2 10# dbs 8 reps
Kneeling Single Arem Rear Delt Fly #2 10# db 8 reps

Standing Biceps Curls #1 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Seated Hammer Curls #1 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Seated Sweeper Curls #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Standing Biceps Curls #2 15# dbs 8 reps
Seated Hammer Curls #2 15# dbs 8 reps
Seated Sweeper Curls #2 15# dbs 8 reps

abbreviated stretch

Debbie, nice work today. Doing the 1 set mix gives you a feeling for the workout. I have not found these workouts boring and there are so many options. Sometimes I need to back off a bit though to recover. Sometime I will try Cardio Crush 3. When I did the Cardio Quick Fix short 20 minute version it seemed like it was mostly impact, I should try again. I like the other Cardio Crush workouts. The music and the moves were fun in the String Along Cardio.

Belinda, good job on STS 2 Giant Sets yesterday and today's walk.

Roxy, I hope things are okay when you arrive at your house.

Roselyn, nice work on Lift it hiit it legs

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.