Getting Our Licks In!

Been a really busy day so a Rest day today. Will double up on workouts tomorrow.

Cindy, Great job on ICE Metabolic Total Body and doing the whole thing! I love the sweat too. Also for last night RWH Plyo HiiT 1. It's OK to struggle, your body will adapt. Congrats for wearing pants that you couldn't fit into the last few months. Good job! Happy Birthday Lucas. They grow up so darn fast!

Take care,

Janie

Good morning all,

I've moved to advanced Packing At The Last Minute rotation, and it is moving along nicely. Looks like there will be time to finish it without modification, assuming my printer will be kind, and work for me again ... Also, I went ahead and stuck with my 6am coached workout, but we didn't climb. I'm so stiff from the last few weeks of being ill that it made more sense to focus in on mobility and ground movements, to get a little looser before hopping on the plane. So that was an hour, focused but not exhausting.

Cindy, you enjoyed ICE Metabolic Total Body, then ? I was thinking about ordering that plus the upper body ICE. The last Cathe I bought was XTrain! It has been awhile. Is that one more of a cardio or a combined cardio strength? Plyo HIIT sounds intense. Does the impact bother your legs at all? Congrats on the birthday, though sounds like it is a little bittersweet. Enjoy the party and I'll cross my fingers for you on the weather.

Janie: Ripped with HIIT legs, wow, sounds intense! That's huge calorie burn. Congratulations on doing so well.

Hello to Michelle and Laura,

Shadowpup

I was busy last night cleaning and preparing the crockpot for dinner tonight, I was worried I wouldn't have time to workout but I was able to do all of the Xtrain 100 rep challenges :) Busy tonight baking cupcakes and then tomorrow will be Lucas's birthday party, I think we'll have about 14 kiddos. I know I won't get any official exercise until possibly Sunday night if my parents don't stay an extra night. Happy weekend!

Janie - A day off is not a bad thing - give your body some time to rest :)

Shadowpup - I hope your printer cooperates, they never seem to for me either when I really need them to! I love ICE Metabolic Total Body, it's dynamic movements with weights so your heart rate is up the entire time but it's not cardio - big sweat fest! I got Cathe's video subscription for Christmas last year so I've been able to try lots of videos I don't own but I think ICE is one I'll buy because it's a great program. I do OK with impact 90% of the time so I do enjoy the Hiit workouts but if it's been awhile since I've done one I get really winded.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cindy

Did the wedding video today. Felt good. Tomorrow will be a full body workout. I can't split my body muscles yet.

Shadowpup, Great job on the advanced Packing rotation. LOL! You are too funny. Continue to feel better and exercise when you can. Don't over do it, as you already know. 1,150 calories are consumed not burned. I WISH! LOL!

Cindy, Great job on Xtrain 100 rep challenges. And getting ready for Lucas's birthday party. Enjoy the party and your parents.

Take care everyone,

Janie

So, it has been a busy and eventful week. I'm starting a new study for the U.S. Special Operations Command, so I was in Tampa for about 24 hours from Tuesday to Wednesday. One night, Toby and Joe home alone. I thought it would be okay. Not so much. Everything was going well until Wednesday afternoon when Joe had Toby out for a "walk" on the flex leash (which I hate and will not use) in our front yard. Someone else was coming up the sidewalk with another dog and Toby went into his classic laydown mode, which is what he does before pouncing to play. Well, Joe doesn't know this because he doesn't handle Toby. Joe was on one knee next to Toby telling him to "stay" which Toby did up until the person and the dog were right in front of him and then he lunged, pulling Joe over resulting in a broken right shoulder for Joe. So my poor DH who is right handed in pretty much immobilized for the next couple of months or more. Let's just say I have been very busy taking care of Joe. So I get home Wednesday night; take Joe to the doctor on Thursday and we get the diagnosis. No surgery; immobilize the shoulder and let it heal. We got him medicine for the pain and need to go into Fredericksburg on Friday to get the straight shoulder immobilizer.

But first, on Friday, I was up early because I have to go into work for a meeting in the morning. It was Friday and ya'll know I don't normally go up to Northern Virginia on Friday but telecommute instead. I've always said the only thing that could make me go up the road on a Friday was a meeting with a four-star general. And so it was: this particular meeting was with the Commandant of the Marine Corps, the Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps, and the Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps--two four-star generals and the top enlisted Marine. This will be the first of several meetings with the Marine Corps' top leadership in the coming 9 months. The meeting went well; we left the Pentagon and got back to the office. I left and drove home, got Joe and off to the 'burg we went to get the immobilizer. So no exercise Wednesday through Friday which actually was good for my pulled glute/hammie. Yesterday, Toby and I managed to get to our scent detectives class and I got through Cathe's Basic Step with one riser under the step. Today was another very busy day taking care of Joe and Toby, so no exercise for me but I plan to get 30 minutes of a light workout in tomorrow. I'll be working at home for most of the week so I can help Joe when he needs me. Our new normal for a while.

Cindy: congratulations on the scale needle moving in the downward direction! WooHoo!

Shadowpup: Enjoy your upcoming vacation. Looking forward to seeing your pictures on FB. Just be careful on those climbs...

Janie: you are starting to rock on those more challenging workouts again. Didn't take too long for that to happen! Very excited for you.

I'll try not to be MIA as much this week.

Michelle

Did my own cardio tonight. 45 min. on my stair climber. Had to take a couple of breathers, but hey...

Michelle, OMW! That's awful about Joe. I'm so sorry this happened. Glad to see you are doing a new study for the US special Operations Command. What about? Wow! 2 star generals, and the top enlisted Marine!!! I can't believe I know you. A successful meeting is always a good thing. YaHoo! Great job on on Basic Step with one riser. Sorry about your pulled glute/hammie. Ouch!

Take care,

Janie

Had a busy and successful weekend :) Raked the yard Saturday morning for the kids to play in the pile of leaves - even attracted the neighbor kids as we have the most leaves due to all the trees we've planted! Lucas's birthday party was a blast for all 15 kids - lots of siblings there - then we went to the corn maze and really wore ourselves out. Sunday we made it to the hay bale maze before Brodie's soccer game and then bagged up leaves. I did well with food and will get back exercise tonight.

Michelle - Your poor husband and you for now having extra work taking care of him! That is a meeting you have to make the drive for :) Hope you're healing quickly!

Janie - Great job on the wedding video and stair climber - both awesome ways to burn calories!

Cindy

Did a full body workout called Total Body Sculpting, around 27 min.

Cindy, Great job on the you busy weekend yard work. I remember having fun in the leaves when I was a kid. I knew Lucas's BD party would be fun. 15 kids? Aw, you sure know how to make kids have fun even the Maze, wow.

Take care,

Janie

So, we've almost completed the first week of DH with a broken shoulder. It's been rough. The bruising and swelling is pretty bad although his orthopedic doc says that he has seen much worse. Can't imagine it being any worse. The past couple of days have been mostly down with some up moments. Joe is pretty weak and last night was horrible. Neither one of us got much sleep which I hope means that we will both sleep like a certain golden retriever named Toby tonight: stretched out, belly up, and passed out. His doc said that the shoulder is positioned just as it should be and is starting to heal--we go back in three weeks unless we feel a compelling need to see him sooner. So I guess that is good news. I'm staying at home this week and trying to get some work done when I'm not taking care of Joe or Toby. Doing timesaver workouts from the ICE series right now. Did Low Impact Sweat Timesaver cardio 1 yesterday and Rock em Sock em Timesaver with Tricep Meltdown today. Might try the second half of Low Impact Sweat tomorrow. My right glute/hammie is still not 100 percent but I can get through short low impact cardios and gait Toby, so back to handling class tomorrow night.

Janie: so happy to see that you are continuing to rock your workouts.

Cindy: wow, that was one busy weekend. With all that activity, I think that you probably burned quite a few calories over the weekend.

Shadowpup: hope you have a super great time on your vacation!
Michelle

No workout on Monday night I just was not feeling it and took some rest. Tuesday morning we woke to 4 inches of snow, the first one and it was quite a bit :) Lucas was in his snow gear before I left for work at 7, they love the snow! I did Xtrian bis and tris last night, wasn't up for cardio but wanted to get something good in. In the last 3 weeks I've lost 10 pounds, so excited to feel this great and see results. Not sure what I'll do tonight but it will involve some cardio.

Michelle - I hope you both got Toby like sleep last night! Sounds like your hubby is doing well considering and great job doing those timesaver workouts!

Janie - You are doing awesome with those workouts - keep it up!

Shadowpup - Safe and fun travels :)

Cindy

What? I missed two days! I truly don't remember that I didn't post that long. I'm all mixed up. I did TBS and Stair climber another day for 30 min.

Michelle, I'm glad to hear that your hubby's shoulder is coming along. So sorry it happened and that he is in pain. Ugh... Great job on ICE series LIS timesaver cardio 1 and Rock em Sock em Timesaver with Tricep Meltdown the next day.

Cindy, Great job on your rest day. Snow???? My Lambs! Great job on XTrain bis and tris. Congrats on losing 10 pounds. YaHoo!!

Take care all,

Janie

The snow is all gone, it actually feels like spring right now which has me confused! Wednesday night I did part of Great Glutes and last night I did half of Hiit Pyramid. No big plans this weekend and it will be just Lucas and me tonight through tomorrow - we have a sleep over planned, will do Mommy and me Yoga (he's really excited), and some park time.

Janie - Keep up the great work!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cindy

Literally don't have time to exercise today. There is a huge storm coming our way and I want to bake as many loaves as I can. I've prepared 16+ loaves to bake. I think I will only be able to bake half that, if I'm lucky.
Baking bread day. Hope the power stays on. This is ready to shape, rise and bake. That's only one of many. Each take about 45 to 50 min.

Janie

This week has been quite the week. I stayed home to take care of my DH. He is slowly getting to some semblance of normal without the use of his right arm. We are trying to wean off the pain pills which were making him just too disoriented and goofy. His shoulder still hurts alot and he says that when the pain pills wear off, it hurts as much as when he first broke it. That's not reassuring at this point. but it's only been a week and a half since he broke it. We have quite a ways to go with the healing process. The doc says it will take 3-4 months. Ugh! We did get a good night's sleep lasst night and Toby and I went to our obedience and scent detectives classes this morning. Exercise has been hit or miss this week. Did the step intervals premix from IMAX3 on Thursday and 4DS HIS cardio premix and lower body sculpt (without weights or band) from The Basic Step dvd.
I feel like I need to start rebuilding the strength in my right glute and hammie and the lower body sculpt workout is a good start.

Janie: it sounds like you are in for quite the storm out west. Please stay safe.

Cindy: snow already? Double ugh! But you do live in Montana so I guess it is that time of year where a few inches of snow is quite possible. I enjoy the XTRAIN weight workouts. Great job on double-wave HIIT. Lucas is just too sweet. Enjoy your day/evening with him and the yoga.

Michelle

Just woke up and continuing my bread baking. Altogether there will be 16 large loaves. Then I start next Thursday again preparing the starter to bake 9 more loaves. All this because I made to much starter and don't want to waste it. LOL! The results though are healthy fermented bread that doesn't hurt my GERD. Of course will share my bounty.

Michelle, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MANY MORE TODAY! So glad his healing is on the mend. Poor man! You are doing good weaning off the awful pills. I know pain is hard to endure though. WOW! Should it hurt like that? Man O Man! When I tore into something with my right forearm it took a year to heal enough not to feel normal. Glad you guys were able to get a nights sleep. Great job on your exercises during the week and doing IMAX3, 4DS HIS cardio premix and Lower body sculpt w/o weight or bands.

The storm wasn't as bad as predicted and we were so grateful for that. All is well.

Do something for yourself today if you can, xoxo

Janie

Had a very busy weekend and I feel like I still have a ton of chores around the house! Lucas and I rode bikes, did yoga (his favorite was when he got to be on my back), and I did Cathe Live PHAT - boy that has my body sore! We also made it to the Pumpkin Patch yesterday so we got a lot of walking in. Tonight I have chores and chores to do but I'm planning to get Rock M Sock M in since tomorrow night will be nothing as my parents will be in town and we're heading out to a show.

Janie - The bread looks delicious :) Glad the storm wasn't as bad as they predicted!

Michelle - Happy Birthday! Weaning off the meds can be hard, best of luck to you both through all of this! So glad you got a good night sleep :)

Cindy

Body Fusion format: warm up 6min, step combo one 8 min., weight segment one 4 min., step combo two 10 min., weight segment two 4 min., step combo three 9 min., weight segment three 6 min., Stretch 3 min., Total = 50 min.

Cindy, Great job riding bikes and yoga. And doing Cathe Live PHAT with little one on your back. Ouch? And waling at the pumpkin patch yesterday.

Take care,

Janie

Today's workout took about 20 min.

Lower Body Conditioning: This workout tones all of the major muscles in the Lower Body: Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Glutes, Buttocks, Outer and Inner thighs.

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.