Getting Our Licks In!

Been waiting for the right mind set to begin STS. It's here! YaHoo! Michelle, your encouragement just tipped it off at the perfect time. Thank you for being there at the right moment. Did mesocycle 1 disk 1 chest, shoulders and biceps. Whew! Rolly and I may walk the beach a bit today, it's such beautiful weather. I let myself go a bit, not terribly bad, but... It's time to get back on track. I can already feel it. You know how it gets when your muscles are exhausted? That feeling. LOL!!!! Whew! Love it!

Michelle, I have two sets of complete sets of everything for really good workouts. One in Shelton and the other set at the Beach House. I'm lucky and spoiled and have no excuses to let the w/o laps. Thank you for your encouragement. I do believe I can get there again. Not sure how long it will be, but that's my goal. Then I'll set another goal at that time. Joe want to travel a little in Oct., will have to stop STS for a week, but will bring my Travel DVD with me and a set of dumb bells. It should be OK. And then just get right back in there and do the week I missed.

Great job on LIS upper body split, back, biceps and core. Aw, I bet the Pup n 'Iron was fun for both of you. Great job on the puppy walks, training and play time. Also for doing LIS Low Impact Challenge Premix 2. You are so smart to stop and check on your calf. Good for you for listening to your body.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Peak Week Cardio. Wow, sounds intense yet gets the job done. Glad you are listening to your right anckle and taking precautions. I'm working on breast forms at the moment, but I have started a portrait awhile back and want to finish that after the forms.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Today was a fast walk on the beach. Seemed too easy, so I also just finished 30/30. Whew! Got a love the push ups. Yikes! Forgot how many you have to do. I'm always wowed about that. LOL!

Janie

Yesterday ankle was fine so forged ahead & did RWH Low Impact #1. When I woke up this morning ankle was bothering me again. Now that I'm at work & walking around ankle doesn't bother me. I can't figure this out. I've come to the conclusion that I should only do HIIT once a week. The Peak Week just didn't work for me. I'll definitely keep Ingrid HIIT workout in but only once a week. Its an excellent workout. I'm officially sick of chicken & asparagus!!! I eat these 2 at practically every meal. Thank goodness this is only for one week.

Tonight I'll do KCM's Train Like a Contender #1 as this one is all boxing. I'll see if the ankle behaves.

Janie Sis: Nice walk you had on the beach + 30/30. I most certainly do remember all those pushups in STS Meso #1. Great job on getting that workout done.

Take care,
Kathy

Today was STS disc 2, back and triceps. OMG! Felt good though. Feeling muscle fatigue.

Kathy Sis, Glad your ankle is doing better. Great job on RWH Low Impact 1. Hmmm, if your ankle is still bothering you, just be very careful with it. I think doing Hiit once a week is a good plan. You still will get all the benefits from it. Well your meal plan will change soon. I'm very proud of you for sticking with it.

Take care,

Janie

Train Like a Contender workout went well last night. Ankle is feeling pretty good today. trying to figure out what cardio to do tonight. Don't want to aggravate the ankle.

Janie Sis: Good job on doing STS #2. They're not easy. I only have one more day of all this chicken & asparagus. I'll make it. LOL

Take care everyone & have a great day.
Kathy

So for some reason my lower back is not completely happy. Walk up yesterday with a sore back and it continued today. I can't recall doing anything that might have tweaked my back this week. In fact, I did yoga relax on Tuesday morning. It might be a delayed stress reaction from all the craziness at work during the week of September. Didn't bother me at all on Wednesday and I had a very long day between a meeting in the morning at the Pentagon doing last minute prep for a meeting with the House Armed Service Subcommittee on Military Personnel in the afternoon. I was part of the Marine Corps "research team" that accompanied the Marine Corps General who was the principal speaker for the Marine Corps. All the other services had General/Flag officer speakers, plus there was a person from the Office of the Secretary of Defense and from the Special Ops Command. It was a very long day. We finally left the Hill at 6:30 pm and I got back to my office at 7:30 pm--got home about 8:30 that night. So, I'm going with delayed stress and maybe the change in the weather. Given the sore back, I'm doing very light cardio: basic step yesterday and the original low impact step today.

Kathy: Peak weak sounds like it is going to be tough. Hope your ankle is feeling better and you've been able to get through your peak week rotation. We are breathing big sighs of relief that Hurrican Joaquin is going to by-pass the eastern U.S.

Waves to Janie and to Cindy.
Michelle

Still cool, breezy, and drizzly here. Toby and I went to puppy kindergarten this morning and now he is napping. Saturday morning is puppy socialization (aka playtime) with training mixed in. All the puppies sure needed to run and play given the continuous wet weather that we are having. My back feels a little better today--I think. Gentle stretching on the agenda for me today--no weights, no cardio today. Just want to rest my back today and stretch it out from time to time. I'll probably put the heating pad on it too.

Kathy: so happy your ankle is feeling better enough for you to HIIT it. Hope it continues to stay happy for you.

Janie: I'm happy that I could motivate you. I'm not sure what I said. Maybe it was my post on FB? I know you can get back to the strength levels that you were before. Your muscles will remember.

Waves to Cindy. Is it cooler in Montana?
Michelle

I decided to do total body workouts 3 x a week for 3 weeks. I had been hitting it pretty hard for 7 weeks & in order to not stress the body I needed to switch it up. Saturday was Amy Bento Ross's Drop Set Strength the entire workout. Sunday is EBE2 Peak Cardio. This will be the only HIIT I'll do this week.

Doing a happy dance that hurricane Joaquin went out to sea. Its just gloomy, rainy & windy this weekend.

Michelle: Sounds like you have a high profile job. Again I say you're a VIP. I'm sorry that your back is hurting. It will take time before it feels better. Sending you good healing vibes your way. Hope the heating pad helps.

Janie Sis: Doing good with your strength training workouts.

Waves to Cindy!

Take care,
Kathy

Fast walked on the beach with Rolly. Making gluten free bread and then thinking about drawing something.

Michelle, Say hi to Toby for me and give him a pet for me. So glad your back is feeling better. Whew! Good job taking action to make it feel even more better. You just said encouraging things at the right time, you know. Perfect timing. Thank you.

Kathy, So so glad you are safe from Joaquin. Happy Dancing With YOU! Whew! Great job on doing Total Body w/o for for 7 weeks and now switching it to an Amy Bento Drop Set Strength. You are so right that our bodies need a switch from time to time.

Take care everyone,
Janie

Took it easy again today. Did Basic Step and tried to otherwise keep it a low key day. The rain has finally stopped and the sidewalks were actually dry this afternoon. Supposed to see some sun tomorrow. Hoping the folks in the Carolinas get a reprieve from the constant rain soon.

Kathy: Total body workouts sound like a nice change of pace. Looking forward to reading which ones you are doing.

Janie: Toby loves getting extra pets on the head; I will be sure to give him a pet from you. Just wondering if you do anything special for Rolly's diet. Toby gets a mix of Blue Buffalo Puppy and Merrick Puppy; with some fresh veggies during the day as treats: celery, dehydrated sweet potato slices, and tomatoes. He also loves string cheese.

Michelle

I'm certainly glad all that rain is gone. The sun finally peaked through yesterday afternoon. The poor people in the Carolinas. My prayers go out to all of them.

Saturday I started doing Amy Bento Ross's Drop Set Strength the entire workout which is in pyramid style. Long workout but a goodie. Sunday was EBE2 Peak Cardio. Drills were great & my ankle didn't bother me at all. I believe it was just from the change in weather. Tonight's a little lighter w/KCM's Trim Down Weights only total body premix + an ab section from KCM's Abs & Core dvd.

Michelle: Happy that your back is feeling better than it was. Good idea to still baby it. Give a pet too to Toby. :)

Janie Sis: Nice walk you had on the beach w/Rolly. Give him a pet from me. What picture will you draw this time?

Waves to Cindy!
Take care,
Kathy

BTW: Are you all checking out the Boot Camp pictures? Looks awesome!

Ugh again with being MIA! I'll try to do better :) Been busy with everything as always. We had a great weekend of the hay bale maze and corn maze in town, Lucas loved them. Harvested most of my garden as it finally froze this morning - this is really late for Montana! I also did a ton of baking in preparation for this week and weekend. Lucas turns 3 tomorrow so I have cookies to send to day care and baked the cake for his party on Saturday. Still working on the P90x3 and PiYo rotation, I'm noticing some strength improvements with the PiYo so that's encouraging :)

Michelle - I hope your back gets to feeling better soon, that's always frustrating especially when you don't know why it's bothering you. I agree you have a very VIP position, unfortunately it can make for long days!

Kathy - So glad you aren't in line for the hurricane :) How is your ankle?

Janie - Way to go with STS! Nice to mix things up and keep our bodies guessing.

Cindy

Did Week 2 disc 4 biceps, chest and shoulders. Getting the hang of it, but still way to many push ups. Yikes! LOL! When Ice comes around my door, I'm stopping STS and doing them. LOL! Can't wait!

Kathy Sis, Great job on Train Like a Contender workout. Yea! Glad your ankle is feeling better.

Cindy, Don't worry about being MIA, you don't do it very often. You do just fine. Glad you all enjoyed the mazes in town. I think we had a froze morning once too. Ugh, I like warmer weather, although where I live is very mild. I did lots of baking as well, especially non gluten bread. Also zucchini banana bread, non gluten. Lucas 3 already? Time goes by so fast! How was his birthday party on Sun.? Great job on PiYo rotation and the strength improvements. Yea!

Michelle, Rolly eats what we eat. Can't trust the dog foods any more. I give him a bone every now and then and biscuits in a bone shape for treats. He's doing very well on it. Great job on Basic Step. Enjoy the sunny weather.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Monday I did KCM's Trim Down the Weights only premix & RWH Ab workout #1. Tuesday was Rapid Fire #4 using the Customize your workout feature. I did the warmup + boxing #1 + kickboxing #2 & kickboxing #3 + the stretch. Great workout! Had a ton of fun w/this one. I just love this feature. Its the same as Cathe's Workout Blender that she used to do. Tonight will be KCM's Cardio Pump #2 which is the heavy weight lifting total body segment. I love this one! I went back to the EBE2 nutrition book & started it all over again with Week #1. I've been losing weight slowly & yesterday got back into cream colored pants that I haven't been able to squeeze into months ago. My hips have gotten smaller & my love handles are now gone. Owe it all to Ingrid. Yea!

Cindy: We all know how busy you are. You do check in whenever you can. How did the maze go? I bet that was fun for the kids & for you too. How was Lucas's birthday? Can't believe he turned 3 already. Time sure does fly by fast. You've been doing so well w/P90X3 + PiYo rotation. I caught an infomercial recently for P90X3 & I should've bought this one. It looks so good. Are you enjoying it? It feels good to see improvements in strength. Yea!

Janie Sis: Good job on STS W1D2. Those pushups are insane!

I've been so excited for this ICE series. The pictures are awesome as always. I tried to purchase Cathe's Adidas shorts she's wearing in the Low Impact Sweat workout but there all out of size small. :( Oh well.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Last night was back and triceps. I'm so glad I have the pull up bar that she uses. So convenient. I would have liked another one for the other home, but it's not available anywhere. At least I can't find it. Know anyone who might want to get rid of theirs?

Kathy Sis, Great job on KCM's Trim Down the Weight only pre. and RWH Ab workout 1. On Tues. For Rapid Fire 4 using the workout feature and doing the warm up and boxing 1 plus kickboxing 2 and kickboxing 3 and the stretch. Wow!

Take care,

Janie

Gone for a few days and I'm missing out on all the good stuff. I need to check out the pictures ya'll are talking about. My back is very slowly feeling better. I'm still doing workouts from the Basic Step and Low Impact Step dvds. Did Body Fusion this morning without some of the weight work. I'm looking foward to the new workouts too.

Janie: I hear you on the dog food and understand where you are coming from. I have a feeling you are going to at least get through Meso 1 and maybe Meso 2 before we see these new workouts. At that point, you might feel like you want to stick it out through Meso 3--time will tell. We all know that Cathe doesn't rush on production because she won't compromise on quality. It always takes a little longer than she thinks which is fine by me.

Kathy: very excited about your weight loss. I need to clean up my eating and you are slowly inspiring me to do so.

Cindy: don't worry about begin MIA. We know you are out there in Montana very busy with your family. Happy to know that you continue to get your licks in on your workouts.

Okay--Toby just did a major big flop on the floor right next to me. I think he is sending me a message that it is time to go upstair to bed. LOL!
Michelle

Hi everyone. Beautiful day here in Virginia--a touch humid but not overpowering. Wish this weather could last until next June. Did upper body sculpt and stability ball abs today. My back is feeling much better but still not 100 percent. Barring any setbacks, I'm thinking I'll start kicking it up just a tad next week on the workouts. Did I mention that Toby graduated from puppy kindergarten? We started doggie grade school, also known as obedience level 1, this past Wednesday night. Classes are Monday and Wednesday in the evening and Saturday morning.

Janie: I think you will need some good luck if you are looking for another STS power bar. Cathe.com stopped selling those quite a while ago. Have you looked on amazon or ebay? I'm guessing anyone that has one (like me) isn't interested in parting with it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday evening.
Michelle

What a beautiful day here today in Northern Virginia--clear air, about 68 degrees, blue skies and sun. Toby and I spent alot of time outside. We also went to training this morning. Everything is kicked up a little from puppy kindergarten. I feel like we both have to concentrate and work alot more but we are both doing okay. Toby loves everyone but he is not a barker. There is a shephard-mix in class that is really reactive to other dogs; barks and lunges but I'm wondering if part of the problem is the owner. I think the owner might be tensing up and the dog senses it. Anyway, Toby and I are really enjoying class and we practice the behaviors we are supposed to be learning usually when opportunities present themselves which is often. In addition to obedience training, did some yard work, played with Toby, and did Low Impact Step today. My back is feeling pretty good. I'm "graduating" from the Basic Step dvd and doing the Low Impact Step dvd this week and mixing in another "intermediate" step and weight lifting dvds--just have to figure out which ones.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Michelle

Sorry about MIA for a little bit.

Michelle, My GERD has been acting up really bad and wasn't able to exercise. When I did and bent down to pick up weight, that's when the heartburn would kick in. It's hard during that stage to calm it down. Going to the doctor on Tues. to complain about it. So I have been MIA. I'm sorry.

So glad your back is getting better. Good for working anyways and for doing BS and LIS dvds. And Body Fusion. Aren't they wonderful to fall back on? Great job too on upper body sculpt and stability ball abs. Congratulate Toby graduating form puppy kindergarten. YaHoo! And for starting doggie grade school level 1. Your weather has been really nice I see. First day I see for Toby and his first day at level 1. Also for doing yard work, and LIS. Nice to hear your back is pretty good.

Take care dear friend,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.