Getting Our Licks In!

Hi everyone. I'm enjoying a nice relaxing weekend with my DH and Toby. Took a break day yesterday--walked with Toby, watched college football, and took a nap! Today I did Basis Step and Stability Ball Abs--just enough to break a sweat. I'm thinking that maybe the way to teach Toby to chill and watch me exercise outside his crate is to start with the easier ones--like basic step. Now, I don't know if this is idea is going to work, but I'm might give it a try tomorrow. My training goal for the weekend was opening the family room to Toby and teaching him not to get on the furniture. My neighbor suggested that I try Caeser Milan's technique where you just stand in front of the furniture, do not say anything, and block the dog from jumping on the furniture and you just keep doing this to send the message: this is mine, not for you. So I tried it and guess what? It worked! So I can actually watch tv sitting on the couch or loveseat and Toby either plays with his toys or just lays by my feet and watches tv or snoozes. Amazing. We are making progress.

Kathy: wow, those are some tough sounding plyo workouts. No wonder why you are so sore. A day at the beach sounds glorious. Enjoy!

Waves to Cindy and Janie!
Michelle

Joey is doing very well with his stitches, he will be getting them out tomorrow. YaHoo! He'll also bring back to the BH most of the art stuff for my Studio. Been very busy with cleaning and getting ready to fill it up. Spent hours already putting books/magazines/instructions... in order. Not sure if I have enough room for everything. I'm sure will have to give up some things, there won't be enough time in my life to do everything. So will pick and choose.

Didn't have time to exercise today. Poo!

I see everyone is doing well, keep up the good work. I'm sorry for not typing in detail.

Take care all, thinking of you,

Janie

Yesterday I accomplished EBE2 Weighted + Plyo Glutes which thankfully you don't hold onto the dbs for every single exercise. I was one sweaty mess afterwards. DH & I went to the beach to relax. I sure could've used a nap!!!! Beach for crowded but what a gorgeous day. Today's 30 min. of cardio. Not sure if I'll get out on time tonight. If I do, I'll do Turbo Fire EZ 45 Class. I'll skip any high impact.

Janie Sis: Glad to hear that Joey's doing well. Sorry though that you might have to toss out some things b/c they don't fit in your new craft room. Too bad you couldn't scan in just the pages you want & then upload them onto your computer preserving them.

Michelle: I'm glad that exercise worked from Caesar Milan. I don't blame you for taking it easy. You & Toby have been hitting the walking trails pretty heavy that is nice to have a week of relaxation. Hope its working w/Toby behaving himself while your working out. EBE2 is not easy. Its taking all of Cathe's workouts & kicking them up a notch. These days I'm sleeping like a ROCK.

Waves to Cindy!
Kathy

I've decided to do LIS for at least the next week. Kind of feelilng at odds with my workouts. Did the first 34 minutes of Step Jam on Tuesday morning and IMAX3 intervals only on Wednesday, break day Thursday, did Afterburn today. Not sure which LIS workout I will do tomorrow. But I don't need to worry about that until then. Toby and I have puppy kindergarten in the morning. He is coming along with his training. At this point, we just keep doing the same things over and over and over. I am teaching him to sit before we cross the street. So that is something new. He is pretty good at doing it as long as I remember to stop and get him to sit--LOL!

Kathy: I sleep like a rock these days too. I think it has more to do with all the walking Toby and I are doing. You keep rocking those workouts!

Janie: I'm watching you get your studio in shape on FB. Is it just me or did your studio get bigger?

Waves to Cindy--I'm sure you've been busy with school starting again.

Michelle

Been working hard trying to get my studio done. Haven't even had time to do exercise. I will catch up when my world is not so tipsy turvy. I believe things should look up in a couple of days or so.

Michelle, I have to laugh, but my studio didn't get bigger, but maybe a different way I photographed it. If anything, it has gotten SMALLER! I know what you mean when you say "Kind of feeling at odds withmy workouts" It seems I'm always that way. Great job on the 34 min. of Step Jam and on Tues IMAX3 intervals, on Wedn. a break (bet you liked that). And Thur. Afterburn.

Kathy Sis, Great job on EBE2 Weighted and Plyo Glutes. Love sweaty messes, very good job. And for doing 30 min. of cardio today. I'm throwing things away that either I haven't used for many years and plan not to or just simply getting rid of crap or giving things I know I won't use away. Doing this, I think I'm going to have room for exactly what I want in my studio. Yea!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Took another break yesterday--too much college football and puppy walks. Today Toby and I did a 2 and a 1/4 mile walk this morning and 3 more 1/4 mile walks so far today. Also did LIS Total Body Trisets Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps premix. Been a very nice, relaxing weekend. Looking forward to a productive week at work.

Janie: camera angle is everything, isn't it--LOL! You know you better leave some room for yourself to get in your studio. Sounds like you need an addition already.

Hope the rest of our crew is doing well--waves to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

Just caught up on all the posts, you all have been so busy :) Sorry I haven't posted things have been crazy. Some planned trips and not planned trips, getting the kids into their sports (ballet and cheer for Lily and flag football and Tae Kwon Do for Brodie). I'm trying to get into the habit of food prep and snack prep for the kids and myself. Exercise has been decent, still working on the PiYo/P90x3 hybrid rotation and will keep up with it. I can see improvements already with the PiYo moves and just ordered the PiYo disc that uses the discs :)

Michelle - Toby is such a smart pup :) Sounds like you are very busy with training. Is he doing better with the LIS workouts while out of the crate?

Janie - Darned skin cancer! Glad it was one they could remove. My husband has a lot of moles and we went through a couple years of mole removals, it's a lot to heal from! Enjoy setting everything up :)

Kathy - You are hitting it hard core! I agree you can't sleep when your butt and legs are so sore! I'm lucky to get 7 hours of sleep a night.

Cindy

Been busy with jamming, studio and exercising.

Looks like everything is good with all of you. But those BEARS! Very scary!

I have another jamming session at my house. So have to clean it for company. Everything is still all messy, but I'm making headway.

Miss you all. Should be done with Studio soon.

Janie

My work pace has become much better and this is turning into a very nice month. The weather is cooler in the mornings and evenings but it is still warming up nicely with little humidity during the days. Toby and I walk about 3 miles a day--not all at one time, but we are getting some good exercise. I'm doing LIS workouts this month--yesterday was LIS Upper Body split Back, Biceps, and Core premix. Today will be one of the cardios.

Janie: glad you are getting your exercise in with all the other activities that you have going on. Music is good for the soul.

Cindy: good to hear from you. I figured you were out there trying to keep up with those beautiful children of yours. It doesn't let up, does it? And I suppose that is a good thing because you want your children to be active, healthy, and happy. You are setting a great example for them by making sure that you take time for yourself to exercise.

Kathy: hope you are doing okay.

Happy Friday to all!
Michelle

Sorry I've been MIA. Been just so busy & stressful at work that it interfered w/my exercise. I just hate when that happens. This week I only got in EBE2 Weighted + Plyo Legs, Weighted + Plyo UB & Weighted + Plyo Glutes. I'm thinking of repeating week 5. Saturday will do the Weighted + Plyo Legs workout.

Cindy: Kids are certainly busy & they keep you hopping don't they? Quite a bit of running around you do. Its all good. And kudos for keeping up w/your own exercise routine & also for prepping all the snacks. You must sleep like a rock. I wish I could sleep for 7 hours each night. I used to.

Michelle: Glad to hear that your work pace is much better. Toby must love his walks. Your doing great keeping up w/your exercise while training Toby.

Janie Sis: Good to hear from you. I'm sure you enjoyed your jam session w/friends. How did it go? Did I miss something regarding bears?

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Kathy

Very full Saturday morning with my pup: he played with his best buddy Rex, then we went to puppy kindergarten, next to Petco, and then to visit some friends who own a nursery. By the time we got back home, the pup was quite tired. After lunch, he took a nap and I did some ironing and cleaned/organized part of my clothes closet and a couple of dresser drawers. Then I did the first 48 minutes of TurboBarre and the stretch. After getting cleaned up, I've been watching college football with my DH and Toby. I've also done a little Christmas shopping online today and probably will try to do some more tomorrow. I'm trying to slowly chip away at that.

Kathy: ugh! I hate when work gets in the way of exercise--probably when you need it most. I have to say that with Toby in our lives now, I am much less stressed over work--he is my magical de-stresser! Everyone needs a magical de-stresser, don't you think? Hopefully the coming week will be better for you.

Waves to Janie and Cindy.
Michelle

Boy--there just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything--very busy again today. This morning Toby and I had a nice 1.5 mile walk, then after my Sunday morning phone call with my mom, Toby and I did some yard work. I raked leaves and he jumped around in them. Then we took another short walk and Toby played with Ellie, the goldendoodle. He was a bit of a tired pup after that so I got him situated in the kitchen and then I went back outside and did some more yardwork. Did LIS Athletic Training Cardio Express which is a quick 22 minute cardio and core workout. Watched the Redskins game and the Nationals baseball game. Been a good sports weekend for us: the Hokies won yesterday, the Nats won yesterday and today, and the Skins won. Somebody pinch me. I wanted to go into Fredericksburg with Toby for the Pet Expo but just ran out of time. Kind of bummed about that but that's the way things go--just not enough time in the day sometime.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!
Michelle

Have been doing Rodney Yee's yoga. He's so good and many to choose from. Also been practicing guitar and jamming with others. So much fun. Took a rest with my studio, but will start again tomorrow to finish putting everything in it's place. Also been crocheting prosthetic breast forms. I am only making practice pieces for myself until I can get the correct yarn they use, then will donate some of my time to making and donating them. Not that I had any cancer, but went through awful memories from a PS who took out my breast implants. Most of you know my story. Anyhoo, wanted to give back to all women who suffer from cancer, accidents and...I think I know some of what they are going through. OMG! I'm rambling...

Michelle, I here ya not having enough hours to do things. Great job with Toby walking 1.5 miles and yard work. And yet another walk. Ha! The goldendoodle sounds cute! Great job on LIS Athletic Training Cardio Exp. Our Sea Hawks lost. But it aint over yet. LOL!
Good job on Sat. with Toby playing with Rex and puppy kindergarten. Also for the housework and TurboBarre and stretch. What!? Christmas shopping already. Can't believe it's just around the corner really.

Kathy Sis, Bears here come out just before dusk. I haven't seen them, (thank God) but lots of people have. I don't walk during that time! I hate it when things interfere with exercise. I know where you are coming from. Great job on EBE2 Weighted and Plyo Legs, Weighted and Plyo UB and Weighted and Plo Glutes.

Michelle, So nice to hear your puppy can now reach 3 miles a day during the day. Great job on LIS Upper Body split, back, Biceps and core prem. Enjoy your cardio.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
I'm still doing the EBE2 workouts. Can't believe I'm finishing the 6th week. The week was:

Sat: Weighted + Plyo Legs (this never gets any easier)
Sun: Weighted + Plyo UB + Rapid Fire 4 combos 3 & 4 + abs + stretch
Mon: Weighted + Plyo Glutes (another one that I dread)
Tues: KCM's Cardio Pump workout #1 which is cardio. Thank goodness I had some fun!!!
Wed: Weighted + Plyo UB (this was enough)
Thurs: Tonight's the dreaded Weighted + Plyo Legs

Friday will be a blessed rest day b/c I need it.

Janie Sis: Good job on keeping up w/exercising + for almost finishing up your craft room. I have Rodney Yee's yoga too. He's one of my favorite instructors & the scenery is gorgeous. I never knew that there were prosthetic breast forms. What a lovely gesture to do. I didn't know either that you have bears that come out at dusk. I always have raccoons & possums on my deck. Sometimes Andy & I will be sitting out on the patio & up the steps will come a raccoon. LOL Perhaps we wants our scraps from dinner?

Michelle: I hear you on not having enough hours in the day. That's a nice long walk 3 miles you give yourself & Toby. I'm sure kindergarten school is going well. And good job for being able to do your workouts.

Pope Francis will be touching down in Kennedy Airport 5:00 p.m. today. Tomorrow sheer bedlum. They're expecting 80,000 people in Central Park for his Mass. Another Mass in Madison Square Garden not to mention tonight's the Mass in St. Patrick's Cathedral. I just fathom that 83 streets are completely blocked off. Mind boggling. I'll be coming into the city by way of Brooklyn by train & going home that way too. Wish me luck!

Waves to Cindy!
Have a great day everyone!
Kathy

It wasn't bad at all getting into the city today. Trains were practically empty.

Last night was Weighted + Plyo Legs. This is just hard, hard, hard. Its the toughest leg workout I've ever done. Did good & I'm glad that's over with. Tonight's my rest night. Tomorrow starts the Peak Week which is all plyo drills. The week consists of 7 days of high impact no rest. I'm not certain at this point if I'll be able to do 7 days in a row. There's no strength training for this week. I'll see how I feel on Sunday if I'll be able to do it all over again. I may decide to alternate the high impact one day & the next just do steady state. I thought we weren't supposed to do high impact too many times during the week. Thought 2x a week. Wish me luck!

The meal plan changes again. I'll be eating practically chicken & asparagus for 4 meals. Hope I don't sprout feathers in the meantime. LOL I may substitute shrimp & tuna.

Hope everyone's doing well. Have a good day & an enjoyable weekend!
Kathy

I did Body Fusion today and a 30 min. walk on the beach with Rolly.

Kathy Sis, Wow thanks for showing and doing Sat-Fri. w/o. Good Job! My craft room is done! And I'm working on something now. Been watching the Pope on the news. Historical for sure. Wishing you luck with all the traffic.

Glad all went well going into the city. Great job on Plyo Legs. I too think it's a very hard w/o I can't make it through it. Glad you did good! Enjoy your rest night. Oh, you do have a good schedule for next 7 days without a rest. You know me and having rest days. Be careful as I know you will. Wish you luck, keep us posted. I love chicken and asparagus. Can eat that all the time. LOL! Shrimp and tuna is a good substitute.

Take care, you are doing very well,

Janie

Low key rainy (off and on) Saturday. Toby and I had puppy kindergarten this morning, came home exercised (LIS upper body split, back, biceps, and core), then after getting cleaned up, Toby and I went back to Pup n'Iron for their 10th anniversary party. Toby did very well meeting lots of different dogs. There were two bull mastiffs there, who he just gave kisses. Back home now, watching college football and doing some household chores. Toby is a pooped pup from his big day of dog activities and is taking a nap. Obviously, I'm enjoying the dog training.

Kathy: you are doing one heck of a rotation. I think I'm getting sympathy DOMs for you. Things were good in DC while the Pope was here. Most people seemed to stay home and traffic was nonexistent. Sounds like the same thing happened in NYC.

Janie: love the pictures of your new studio on FB. I saw that picture that you posted from a couple a years ago when you said you were lifting weights regularly. I bet if you started lifting weights again on a regular basis, you'd have no problem surpassing where you were. Are your weights at the beach house or your other house? That's a very good thing you are doing crocheting the prothetic breast forms. You are so incredibly gifted when it comes music, art, and crafts.

Waves to Cindy.
Michelle

A nice, dog-filled Sunday. Lots of puppy walks, some puppy training, and puppy play-time. Did LIS Low Impact Challenge Premix 2 today. About half way through felt a twinge in my left hammy. Took a minute to stretch and walk it out and then I was fine. Thank goodness. Had a little rain this morning and then mostly cloudy during the day. Supposed to have occasional showers everyday this week which is fine with me. We need the rain. Contemplating dinner. Not sure what to do--I'll think of something. In the meantime, it's time to feed Toby. His dinner is easy.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend.
Michelle

Started the weekend off w/Peak Week Cardio. Ingrid does 5 sets of 3 different high impact drills (squats into squat jumps into tuck jumps) & that's the 1st one! You do 2 sets of this. At least she gives you a 30 sec. rest in between each set. The first 2 sets are hard then the 3rd one is easy & then she cranks it back up again to hard for the last 2 sets. On Thursday last week my right ankle gave out on me. This always happens when the seasons change. I didn't have a problem w/the ankle on either Saturday or Sunday but today ankle's bothering me. I'm going to play it safe & rest tonight.

Michelle: your doing great w/your workouts as usual. All the walks, kindergarten school, play time w/Toby has both of you sleeping like rocks. Weather here too is foggy & expecting quite a downpour on Wed. We too need the rain.

Janie Sis: You too are doing well w/your workouts. I'll have to baby this ankle of mine today. :( If I didn't have this ankle problem Ingrid drills are very doable every day. I felt energized afterward not beat up like I do w/Cathe. It must feel great having your craft room all complete. What new project are you working on now?

Have a great day everyone! Waves to busy Cindy!
Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.