Exercise for adrenal PCOS?

Jkg501

Hello all, I've recently been diagnosed (at the age of 40) with mild PCOS. I'm working with a nutritionist who has advised a low GI diet, which makes sense to me (looking back I've always had mad sugar cravings so I'm I imagine there is some insulin resistance). I'm a healthy weight, and my diet only needs tweaking rather than a major overhaul, so that's really positive. But I do wonder if there's an adrenal aspect to my PCOS as well. My main symptoms (acne, a little facial hair) got worse in my 30s, when we were going through a really really stressful experience. During that time, my diet would have had too much sugar, to be sure (coping mechanism!!). Then with in the past two years with the pandemic, my exercise routine has become more intense - I went from 10am gym workouts 2-4 times per week to 5am Cathe workouts 5 times per week, plus a day of pilates.

Any advice from other PCOSers out there? I'm changing my diet, as well as supplementing as my nutritionist advises. Should I change my workout routine at the same time? Or should I see how I get on with the diet/supplement programme before giving up my beloved Cathe workouts? Or is there a way to make my Cathe workouts fit into a more adrenal-friendly routine?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.