Another New Poll :) Equipment Cathe has used in workouts, that you like to use in your workouts?

What equipment do you like using in Cathe workouts (including CatheLive)

• Boss Bands, Boss Loops, or both

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Flat Long Resistance Band, Firewalker Loop or both

Votes: 29 90.6%
  • Tubing

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Med Ball and/or Mini Ball

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Stability Ball

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Weight Plates

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Jump Rope

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • High Step

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • STS Bars and/or FitTower (turbo tower included)

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Barbell

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I voted!
Down with almost anything really, all but gliding discs cause I have horse stall mats in my gym, and it's PIA to drag out the large room rug and set it up to attempt to use my gliding discs. so I either skip that workout or sub another move.

I use my yoga blocks way more than I expected. More so in my Peloton workouts-Pilates, barre, strength, core and of course the yoga classes. I also have a bike and treadmill - I use one or the other 3-5x per week, depending on my rotation for the month.

I just voted. Had no idea about the ropeless jump rope so looked it up on Amazon. Glad to see that they have some very reasonably priced ones. I have one sitting in my cart now so will definitely get one since I don't have the room for an actual jump rope. This will be very helpful since Cathe is using that more now. I have a BOSU just haven't used it yet so workouts from Cathe using that would be cool.

I voted for all of them, I like the variety like others have mentioned and allows me to experience different fitness levels using these items :D

I have one sitting in my cart now so will definitely get one since I don't have the room for an actual jump rope. This will be very helpful
Yay, not sure you read reviews, but be sure to try & pick one that had good reviews.
I, personally, have not had any problems with any of mine, but some people reviewed
that little balls came flying off, weights fell out of handles, etc.

Amazon doesn’t have the Spri one, but you can check it out at Target. My local store
had it in store. $12.99 was what I paid.

If you want to see how the cordless ropes work, on YT there are right many workouts with
them being used. You might check out Julie Jones Fitness, she has several workouts
with intervals of jump rope and she uses a ropeless and shows modifications for low impact.
I think searching "Julie Jones jump rope" might bring them up.

ETA: Better one yet, on YT search Jump Rope Dudes cordless jump rope workout.....

the first one that Should come up is "10 min. Ropeless Jump Rope workout for weight loss"

Last edited:
Down with almost anything really, all but gliding discs
Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about the gliding discs. The only exercises that I like to
do with the discs, are Side & Rear sliding lunges, and mermaids, and there is a Cathe
workout, probably Slide & Glide, that she has another ab exercise with the discs that
I like, but they're all in the ab section and not individually chaptered. There's a tricep
exercise that I modify that she used the discs as well. Plank moves or things like mountain
climbers, etc. with the discs are a no-go for me.

How does the rope-less jump rope work? Is it different than using a "pretend" invisible rope?

I use an actual jump rope, but am on carpet and sometimes it hits the carpet weird and causes me to trip a bit. But I always assumed the rope-less rope was the same as a pretend rope. Thanks!
I find it feels more like using a jump rope, and I think my body behaves accordingly, if that makes sense. Mine has weight, and that adds to the feeling of using a jump rope. I think that since I bought it, I put more into the jump rope section of Gloved Up.

Does anyone use therapy balls, tennis balls or lacrosse balls for trigger point therapy?
Absolutely. I have several different types. I have two Yamuna balls for body rolling the pearl ball and the harder silver ball. I have the Yamuna foot wakers which are two half balls with spikes. I have two spiky balls one of which is battery powered and vibrates, a beastie ball which is a small spiky ball, a hard tennis ball, and normal tennis balls. I have two tennis balls in a sock, tied at the end which works like the double lacrosse massage ball.

How does the rope-less jump rope work? Is it different than using a "pretend" invisible rope?
My rope-less jump rope has weights in the handle, so it is different than just using a pretend rope. The balls swinging around on the end also makes it feel different and more like using an actual jump rope.

My rope-less jump rope has weights in the handle, so it is different than just using a pretend rope. The balls swinging around on the end also makes it feel different and more like using an actual jump rope.
Totally agree Hazlady….I really love using it. On my Spri one, I believe the little balls
are lightly weighted, and the other one I mentioned has the weights in the handles, as
well as the little balls being a little weighted. I have another (I know- sigh) that has the
bigger balls & they’re weighted.

Absolutely. I have several different types. I have two Yamuna balls for body rolling the pearl ball and the harder silver ball. I have the Yamuna foot wakers which are two half balls with spikes. ...
Hazlady you have some interesting "toys". I see there are some DVDS on Amazon for the Yamuna balls. Have you used those or do you have any recommendations on how to use therapy balls effectively? I was introduced to their use in PT for my neck/back 2 years ago & am curious about them. I have a lacrosse ball provided by PT, regular tennis balls (one cut in half for foot massage), and a peanut and massage ball. TIA.

Hazlady you have some interesting "toys". I see there are some DVDS on Amazon for the Yamuna balls. Have you used those or do you have any recommendations on how to use therapy balls effectively? I was introduced to their use in PT for my neck/back 2 years ago & am curious about them. I have a lacrosse ball provided by PT, regular tennis balls (one cut in half for foot massage), and a peanut and massage ball. TIA.
Interesting ... there are some YouTube videos on the Yamuna's ... I'm gonna create a playlist ... hmmmm..

Have you used those or do you have any recommendations on how to use therapy balls effectively?
I haven't used YouTube videos for my Yamuna balls, but I would say to start with the Yamunabodyrolling channel as this is the person who invented them. My Pilates instructor has done the proper Yamuna training and gives me exercises targeted to my needs. You can use the Yamuna balls similar to a foam roller, i.e. rolling the quads, IT bands, calves, biceps, triceps, lats, etc. The ball gets into the muscles in a different way than the roller. The pearl ball is a bit softer, and I find it is better for my IT band area which is very sensitive. The harder silver ball I use for less sensitive areas like my quads and hamstrings. The idea is to be able to relax the muscles and get them to release. If the ball or roller is too firm and it is too painful you will tense up and the muscle won't relax and release. I use the spiky ball up against the wall mainly for my lower back but also to target knots in my upper back. The small spiky ball is good for getting into small areas. I usually use the 2 tennis balls in the sock for up around the back of my neck.

I haven't used YouTube videos for my Yamuna balls, but I would say to start with the Yamunabodyrolling channel as this is the person who invented them. My Pilates instructor has done the proper Yamuna training and gives me exercises targeted to my needs. You can use the Yamuna balls similar to a foam roller, i.e. rolling the quads, IT bands, calves, biceps, triceps, lats, etc. The ball gets into the muscles in a different way than the roller. The pearl ball is a bit softer, and I find it is better for my IT band area which is very sensitive. The harder silver ball I use for less sensitive areas like my quads and hamstrings. The idea is to be able to relax the muscles and get them to release. If the ball or roller is too firm and it is too painful you will tense up and the muscle won't relax and release. I use the spiky ball up against the wall mainly for my lower back but also to target knots in my upper back. The small spiky ball is good for getting into small areas. I usually use the 2 tennis balls in the sock for up around the back of my neck.
Thanks for all the ideas! I'm going to look into this in more detail. We don't have a Pilates studio nearby so i don't have anyone who offers instruction. I see that Yamuna has a website & offers books & dvds. I'm going to check their YouTube channel also. It does look a lot like foam rolling but with a smaller surface area. The balls look like they offer different degrees of softness/hardness and come in various sizes, similar to foam rollers. I had an irritated IT Band awhile back and found the lacrosse ball too intense, but I discovered there were other ball options & that helped along with targeted stretches and strength exercises. Guess I'm finding this very interesting.

The equipment poll is getting more interesting as it goes...........looks like Long Flat Bands
& Firewalker loops are #1 so far......with tubing & Boss Bands a close second. Next
grouping of "favorites" are Barbell, stability ball, weight plates & High Step. Interesting....:)

Was Bodyweight & Bands the last time we used the long flat band? I really like that
workout...of course, we used F/W loop & tubing in that one as well.... Weight plates
introduced in STS 2 and a little in Total Body Barbell and gosh, High Step.....alot of
older workouts use that..... I think my all time favorite with the High Step was High Step
Circuit...to me, that workout is alot of fun and alot of variety.....I loved the ab exercises
using the high step in that one. .... it's fun to see what everybody enjoys the most.

Maybe the new workouts will use the long flat band at times as well as the Boss Bands
& loop. everything has a different purpose sometimes I think. Hoping as well that
maybe weight plate options for some exercises will be incorporated too.

Last edited:
. .... it's fun to see what everybody enjoys the most.

Maybe the new workouts will use the long flat band at times as well as the Boss Bands
& loop. everything has a different purpose sometimes I think. Hoping as well that
maybe weight plate options for some exercises will be incorporated too.
Cathe often uses bands as "finishes" in UB weight work. The fabric bands are used as an assist for dips (i don't have the strength for that so I choose a different option) and for push-ups in STS2.0 Also a flat band is used in a StretchMax segment, which I love. I'll sometimes sub it in a stretch instead of a yoga strap. I'll sometimes try the fabric bands in Travel Fit or LITE'S Body Weight & Bands but they don't always sub well. So it would be nice to have another Boss Bands/Loops workout designed specifically for the Boss bands/loops.

Looks like all types of bands, etc is leading the pack, Barbell next and Weight plates,
stability ball & high step next....... will it change? We shall see..............

ETA: So, based on the poll so far, an updated "High Step Circuit" style workout would be
neat.........High Step for short cardio step combo, alternating bands in each "round" for
an upper body exercise, using Barbell for upper body, and weight plate(s) only for an upper body alternating rounds, with High Step for leg presses, lunges, etc & stability ball & weight plate(s) again for core. Sounds like a mish-mosh! Gee, I might have to blend a workout
like this! Limited tho' for weight plate upper body exercises.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.